Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

When You Are Too Old To Work - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Are Too Old To Work (16359 Views)

Considered Too Old For A Job? Try Other Alternatives / Why Access Bank Still Remain The Best Bank To Work In Nigeria / For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by obinna58(m): 1:23pm On Jan 15
GetMeRight:

Though, our problem is not that of over population, far from it. Corruption that stepped out from the lack of patriotism is our problem as at today
Just say population isn’t our major problem but it’s part of the problem when you have clueless leaders

Population can only help the workforce of a country but that’s if the leaders knows how to utilize it which obviously they don’t give a fvk about except getting tax value from it.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by TOYNEX(f): 1:26pm On Jan 15
coputa:
Don't be deceived by rhetorics,on this earth, aside God, your family is all you've gotten especially your children, they are your third eyes and third legs at old age.

It has been tested and proven, investment in people pays the highest dividend

Neglect them at your own peril.
"Investment in people" that's the sensible key word here, people include but not limited to your children

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by GetMeRight: 1:28pm On Jan 15
matthew080:

Op
Who told you ,you will get old,
Work and plan for the future

When it comes take it has u see it
One sentence, two contrasting statements
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by GetMeRight: 1:29pm On Jan 15
gadgetplanetng:
If you want income of 1million a month whenever you retire,

N120,000,000 in FGN savings bonds (at 10%) per annum would pay that to you without you ever touching your capital.

Depending on where you live, average returns might be less (maybe 5%? meaning you need double that)

In your maybe 35 active years at work, keep this calculation in mind, if you start early and don't touch your interest till you retire, you won't actually have to save the entire amount.

Don't waste windfalls and surprise money on clubbing, wigs, unnecessary cars, women/men and the like.

You can build your own pension yourself, google it.

How is 1 million naira 10% of 120 million naira (even 100 million naira)?

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by GetMeRight: 1:37pm On Jan 15
BloomingDale:

Did you tell your parents to birth you? They decided that on their own, so it is their responsibility to look after you, but it is not your responsibility to do the same.

So, where does that leave you regarding your parents in old age? Even in Europe and America, the children who could afford it take their parents to nursing homes and pay for the services. What are you guys really arguing about here?
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by theamazonguru(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15
Annahh:
That's why you should work with an organization that has a good pension plan, my dad will retire in few years to come and his pension is enough to set him up when he retires, the money is in millions.

Just to clarify what you thoughts are.
Do you think when he retires, they will now give him his pension worth several millions.
And then he on the other hand will now hand over the Cash to you, thus setting you up for life.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by GetMeRight: 1:42pm On Jan 15
PrinceofSarcasm:

Don't see the world through the eyes of your broken and dysfunctional family.
Not every one has siblings who are heartless scumbag criminals.
Not every one is unlucky to raise a scumbag child.
Be more optimistic

While you are partly right, are you now telling us that you or your family or my family is immuned to raising a "heartless scumbag criminal"?
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Annahh(f): 1:44pm On Jan 15
theamazonguru:

Just to clarify what you thoughts are.
Do you think when he retires, they will now give him his pension worth several millions.
And then he on the other hand will now hand over the Cash to you, thus setting you up for life.

No. I'm already settled for life, I don't want his money. He will set himself up with a business.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Annahh(f): 1:44pm On Jan 15
uuzba:

My dad will...
You nko?
Abi your plan is drain from him?
I'm a working in a multinational organization. I don't need his money.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by coputa(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15
TOYNEX:

"Investment in people" that's the sensible key word here, people include but not limited to your children
Correct.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by kunyeo(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15
Oloki:

Which people? Am no sure you are talking about this generation where people are so self centered, selfish and can go to any length to short change you. Adoption might be a better option though

Learnt this lesson from an octogenerian Ghanaian woman.
Don't build your future on your children helping because of the following reasons.

1.Your child/children may not live long to be there for you.
2.Your just child/children may just out of meanness decide not to help you.
3.Your child/children may not just have the capacity.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by abba190: 2:13pm On Jan 15
u are not sure if u will reach that stage
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by abba190: 2:14pm On Jan 15
Annahh:
I'm a working in a multinational organization. I don't need his money.
do me 1k abeg im starving
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by 77up(m): 2:23pm On Jan 15
HugeElephant:

This is a flawed pattern of thought. Your kids have their own lives, their own path. Children are not a pension plan.

Your kids deserve all the good and guidance to become a better person
Whoever have this kind of thought are either doesn't have parents to care of them during their young age and using such bitter things that taking care of such parent is not an option for them but the truth is all parent can never be the same or you might not have kid or having kids and not taking care of them just because you don't believe in them taking care of you too at old age.

The truth is investing in your children upbringing and helping them to become a better person in life is one of the greatest future investments. I'm not saying one should not have other business plans to fall back on but investment on children is one of the greatest.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by gadgetplanetng: 3:20pm On Jan 15
Interest: per annum
Income: per month.
Please re read the post you quoted 🙏

GetMeRight:

How is 1 million naira 10% of 120 million naira (even 100 million naira)?
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by LandMann: 3:28pm On Jan 15
BloomingDale:

Did you tell your parents to birth you? They decided that on their own, so it is their responsibility to look after you, but it is not your responsibility to do the same.

They should have dumped you inside a refuse bin. It's their choice and it would have been a better one.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by LandMann: 3:33pm On Jan 15
AfahaAbia:

I don't believe in this jargons you wrote up there. I will use this age of mine to invest invest and invest. A sibling of mine who is close to 33 years old still had the guts to scam my old mother a very huge sum of money. And we are only two kids in the family. Never! I say never hope on my children. My mother gave we both the best while growing up and planned her own life very well. Yet her kid old enough to support her still preferred to take advantage of her.

Your mother did not teach him good morals. She did not teach you too. You both were brought up with a silver spoon stuck in your mouth. Your brother was highly influenced by his wayward friends. He's now exhibiting the same behaviour he learnt from his peers. Too much of comfort usually spoils children and destroys their morality.

Even you, you don't have any moral. I won't be surprised if you do illegal things to make money that you're investing, but here you are trying to crucify your brother because your mother was the victim.

You and your brother lack good morals and education
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by sherylbaky(f): 3:49pm On Jan 15
obinna58:

Rubbish
Shallow minded selfish people keep deceiving themselves, Nigeria is already at it’s peak population, wrecking the economy and producing more hardship yet you keep on hoping on population to feed you

Look around you it’s happening already, the people you’re hoping on wouldn’t even be able to feed themselves talk less looking after you
On point
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by BloomingDale(f): 3:53pm On Jan 15
LandMann:

They should have dumped you inside a refuse bin. It's their choice and it would have been a better one.

What I wrote is a statement of fact. Leave emotions out of it. Even a court of law will back me up.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by bitbillionaire: 3:55pm On Jan 15
LandMann:

You think like you're not in Nigeria.

Invest in your kid's education and teach them good morals. Support them and help them become successful. When you are old they're the ones that will support you too whether in cash or in kind.

Not a bad idea. But the question is: in a world where nothing is guaranteed, what happens if at that old age your kids find themselves in a situation where they themselves are struggling to survive despite all your 'investment' on them? What of those who lose their kids due to some man-made or natural disasters after 'investing' so much on them? Can we say they have lost their investment and hope for survival at old age?

LandMann:

Only reason you are spreading this kind of message is probably because your parents did not take care of you when you were young, hence you don't want to take care of them too when they are old.

To understand how foolish and selfish your response is, remember that you were once a baby and vulnerable. Your parents had other things to do but they sacrificed their time and resources to bring you up and protect you from the clutches of death. Even if they didn't give you gold and silver, they gave you life. Which is more valuable?

Now you can stand on your feet and here you are telling the world that children shouldn't take care of their parents when the parents become old because such children have their own lives to live.

That is very unafrican, and you're the type of child every parent will pray not to have

Just look at how sentimental you are here. You thoroughly twist, distort and misinterpret what the guy is saying just to suit your prejudice and sentiments.

You sound like one of those africans who can hardly feed themselves well but rush to bring kids into the world and then put themselves through immense stress and pressure to train those kids because they see the kids as their pension plan and only hope of survival at old age. So, you get subconsciously emotional and insecure when someone suggest that you should not think of being a burden to your kids at old age because of what you go through to train them.

Don't get me wrong, we all reap what we sow. If you sow good seeds into your kids and train them well and help them to be established in life and they are comfortable, they will not forget you or let you suffer. And even if they are not there for you for whatever reason nature and God will reward you in some other ways.

But what you will benefit from your kids should not be a primary reason for bringing them into the world and training them. Establish yourself first and be comfortable with your life before you bring kids into the world. And your motive for bringing them into the world should be to show them unconditional love. Meaning wherever you are doing for them you do it unconditionally without any selfish motive. Otherwise you will only end up bring kids that will perpetuate the cycle of poverty and suffering in the world.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by GetMeRight: 4:06pm On Jan 15
gadgetplanetng:
Interest: per annum
Income: per month.
Please re read the post you quoted 🙏

Thanks
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by LandMann: 4:30pm On Jan 15
bitbillionaire:

Not a bad idea. But the question is: in a world where nothing is guaranteed, what happens if at that old age your kids find themselves in a situation where they themselves are struggling to survive despite all your 'investment' on them? What of those who lose their kids due to some man-made or natural disasters after 'investing' so much on them? Can we say they have lost their investment and hope for survival at old age?

Just look at how sentimental you are here. You thoroughly twist, distort and misinterpret what the guy is saying just to suit your prejudice and sentiments.

You sound like one of those africans who can hardly feed themselves well but rush to bring kids into the world and then put themselves through immense stress and pressure to train those kids because they see the kids as their pension plan and only hope of survival at old age. So, you get subconsciously emotional and insecure when someone suggest that you should not think of being a burden to your kids at old age because of what you go through to train them.

Don't get me wrong, we all reap what we sow. If you sow good seeds into your kids and train them well and help them to be established in life and they are comfortable, they will not forget you or let you suffer. And even if they are not there for you for whatever reason nature and God will reward you in some other ways.

But what you will benefit from your kids should not be a primary reason for bringing them into the world and training them. Establish yourself first and be comfortable with your life before you bring kids into the world. And your motive for bringing them into the world should be to show them unconditional love. Meaning wherever you are doing for them you do it unconditionally without any selfish motive. Otherwise you will only end up bring kids that will perpetuate the cycle of poverty and suffering in the world.

Foolishness kill your head. Below is screenshot of my trading account on. How much have you earned this past month?

Go back and reread my message and digest it properly.

This life is about giving and receiving. It's about having a sense of responsibility and duty for people we call our loved ones. It's irresponsible people that their parents will work hard to bring up properly and then turn their backs on their parents when their parents become old.

It is not necessarily about giving your parents money and other material things when they're old. Caring for them is beyond that. They won't have need for much of those material things that you covet and hold close to your chest like smeagle in lord of the rings... Just like you did not consume a lot of material things when you were young. But their care and nurturing is what helped you survive and hopefully thrive. Even if you turn out to be poor in life, it won't stop you from being able to care for your parents. The little things you will do for them; spending time with them, bringing drugs when they're ill or taking them to hospital, preparing or bringing food for them, feeding them when they're too fragile to lift a spoon; all these are ways of showing care and they won't burn a hole in that your empty pocket you guide jealously.

You hide behind the internet to write rubbish that you can't openly say in front of your parents. I challenge you to go and tell your parents your opinion if you still have parents. I can guarantee you that they'll place a curse on your bald head and disown you.

Please be guided
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:31pm On Jan 15
call 0913-7000-206 for driver job in a reputable company. you may have to work on saturday
salary -90k location lagos mainland
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by sunnyprof: 5:05pm On Jan 15
I need to ask Abiola how the investment look like when he died ....... suffering for years in a simple room without AC or car to move around?
Was he rich in prison or poor, barely eating and was sick and died while drinking just tea? the investment became what, a pension for him?

Everybody at old age become 'little'and need to be care for by loved ones, whether rich or poor!!
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by theamazonguru(m): 5:10pm On Jan 15
Annahh:
No. I'm already settled for life, I don't want his money. He will set himself up with a business.

Good to know.

Enjoy your wealth Sister.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by fijihems: 5:35pm On Jan 15
HugeElephant:

This is a flawed pattern of thought. Your kids have their own lives, their own path. Children are not a pension plan.

Nobody should depend on their children. I have personally trained all my children in the UK where they were born and are all working as graduates, but I don't expect anything from them.

2 Likes

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by malcom1X: 5:36pm On Jan 15
BloomingDale:

I pray not to have someone like you as a child.

Everybody at old age become 'little'and need to be taken care of by loved ones, whether rich or poor!!
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by malcom1X: 5:37pm On Jan 15
HugeElephant:

I pray not to have someone like you as a child
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Blacklion3: 5:38pm On Jan 15
fijihems:

Nobody should depend on their children. I have personally trained all my children in the UK where they were born and are all working as graduates, but I don't expect anything from them.
Please be my mentor. Guide me too
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by BloomingDale(f): 5:56pm On Jan 15
malcom1X:

I pray not to have someone like you as a child.

Everybody at old age become 'little'and need to be taken care of by loved ones, whether rich or poor!!

And who said this is what I practice? Take your emotions out of it. I’m just laying out the facts for him. A court will force you to take care of your children but never your parents. That is why old people have pensions.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by rafcrown(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15
Looking forward to monthly pension of 600000 to 800000 Naira I have served very well I believe this should be enough to look after myself.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by rafcrown(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15
That's why they encourage elderly people to keep on working in the UK.You can continue working after reaching the retirement age and it's illegal to force you to retire
Lifemanage:

Truth about humans is that when u stop working or engaging in activities you start dying. The trick therefore is to find and continue doing worthwhile activities. I do not think it is wise to stop working totally. Get things doing. Even if it is retirement plan in agriculture work. One must keep working to stay alive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPEN JOB'S - Jan 2015 / Mainstreet Bank Interview For Experienced Hire / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.