Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

When You Are Too Old To Work - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When You Are Too Old To Work (16358 Views)

Considered Too Old For A Job? Try Other Alternatives / Why Access Bank Still Remain The Best Bank To Work In Nigeria / For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by rafcrown(m): 6:22pm On Jan 15
The best thing is to highlight what pensioners can be doing,light work or small business to keep body and soul together.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by bitbillionaire: 6:30pm On Jan 15
Talking out of point as usual. Is it that you naturally lack ability to comprehend any point of view that is different from the one you decided to hold on to, or you are just being insincere?

LandMann:

Foolishness kill your head. Below is screenshot of my trading account on. How much have you earned this past month?

Go back and reread my message and digest it properly.

This life is about giving and receiving. It's about having a sense of responsibility and duty for people we call our loved ones. It's irresponsible people that their parents will work hard to bring up properly and then turn their backs on their parents when their parents become old.

It is not necessarily about giving your parents money and other material things when they're old. Caring for them is beyond that. They won't have need for much of those material things that you covet and hold close to your chest like smeagle in lord of the rings... Just like you did not consume a lot of material things when you were young. But their care and nurturing is what helped you survive and hopefully thrive. Even if you turn out to be poor in life, it won't stop you from being able to care for your parents. The little things you will do for them; spending time with them, bringing drugs when they're ill or taking them to hospital, preparing or bringing food for them, feeding them when they're too fragile to lift a spoon; all these are ways of showing care and they won't burn a hole in that your empty pocket you guide jealously.

You hide behind the internet to write rubbish that you can't openly say in front of your parents. I challenge you to go and tell your parents your opinion if you still have parents. I can guarantee you that they'll place a curse on your bald head and disown you.

Please be guided

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Feldie: 6:37pm On Jan 15
koning:

This statement shows that you are living a very hopeless and worthless life at the moment. In 2024, dying at 65 anywhere in the world is considered dying early.

There is a huge difference between 65 and 80 in terms of years.
whether it's considered early or not by those alive, what will it add to you? You will still be rotten underground. It's better I die when I'm still strong with my dignity and pride intact than grow old and become a spectating liability. You might not want to accept the truth but life is meaningless. You will die and whatever you did will mean nothing to your decaying body. What those alive think means absolutely nothing to your melting carcass
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Feldie: 6:40pm On Jan 15
Truthshotcrazy:

65 is too young. How would you feel if Peter Obi died right now? 63 by July & that might even be his football age πŸ˜‚ . Officially 66yo by July 19th 2027. For illustrative purposes,If hypothetically he wins presidency 2027(at 66yo); he would be praying Allah for at least 8More years to flex small. Lotta things a 65yo can still accomplish.

How would you feel if 66yo Dangote died right now, his refinery is only just getting operational? Dude will be 67yo by April.
Dieing at 65 & 80 is a huge difference.
There are 77yos and 80yos still killing it .

Oga if you want to become irrelevant at 65 and prefer to die at 65yo, MAY THE ALMIGHTY GRANT YOUR PRAYERS.
oh it's actually better to die when you are still strong. You are mentioning billionaires and criminals who looted everyone. Thing is, weda you die at 60 or 100 your body will still rot and whatever you did when you were alive, you will not remember. So forget about it
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by HugeElephant(f): 6:53pm On Jan 15
emmabest2000:

Dont bother about future
Future will bother about its self grin
Haaa that's my profile photo
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by LandMann: 7:16pm On Jan 15
bitbillionaire:
Talking out of point as usual. Is it that you naturally lack ability to comprehend any point of view that is different from the one you decided to hold on to, or you are just being insincere?

Your rhetorical question displays your stupidity.

Go back and reread all the comments that degenerated into this.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by PoliteActivist: 7:17pm On Jan 15
Feldie:
I've always hoped and prayed to be dead before then. I hope to die strong. I can't imagine myself being old and rickety and barely able to stand. God forbid. What is the difference, dying at 65 and dying at 80? What difference would the additional 15 years make? You would have already become irrelevant and condemned to watching people do things
*Politeness*
Don't say these till u get there. Comfortable old folks have consistently said those were the best time of their lives. It's probably not what it seems from outside. Pray to have the full human experience instead of having your life cut short

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Truthshotcrazy: 7:35pm On Jan 15
Feldie:
oh it's actually better to die when you are still strong. You are mentioning billionaires and criminals who looted everyone. Thing is, weda you die at 60 or 100 your body will still rot and whatever you did when you were alive, you will not remember. So forget about it
Poverty shall never be my portion. My name go enter that Forbes.

It's not even about money or wealth, some families 😭 don't live long. Oldest man in some families 65yo maximum dem don kpai.
Other families live long, you can count several 100yos , 80yos , 90yos .

Excuse me, my grandfather was not even a Billionaire, neither did he loot anywhere. Just a retired teacher and a farmer
🌾 . He was strong into his late eighties, blessed with good health, a sharp mind, did not beg to eat, and in his early 90's, when he finally kicked the bucket, he lived a fulfilled life seeing his youngest grandchild off to university.
For your info, the world's oldest practising medical doctor πŸ’ŠπŸ₯, was still agile and practiced into his early hundred and something, still working even like 2 months before he passed away .

Howard Tucker, MD, a neurologist of Cleveland, OhioπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ, is the oldest practicing doctor in the world. At more than 100-years-old, he was still practising medicine for more than 75 years. He went back to university part-time to also become a certified lawyer at the age of 67.

l pray to live well into ripe old age, fulfilled and in vigour. If you pray to die at 65yo and become vegetative at 65, may the almighty grant you your heart desires. l reject 65 for me and my loved ones. My grandparents did not kpai at 65yo. Neither did they stress anybody to clean poo at 80yo as they were still quiet strong. That l pray to also be my portion .amen

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Oredys(m): 7:40pm On Jan 15
Absolutely
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Feldie: 7:45pm On Jan 15
Truthshotcrazy:

Poverty shall never be my portion. My name go enter that Forbes.

It's not even about money or wealth, some families 😭 don't live long. Oldest man in some families 65yo maximum dem don kpai.
Other families live long, you can count several 100yos , 80yos , 90yos .

Excuse me, my grandfather was not even a Billionaire, neither did he loot anywhere. Just a retired teacher and a farmer
🌾 . He was strong into his late eighties, blessed with good health, a sharp mind, did not beg to eat, and in his early 90's, when he finally kicked the bucket, he lived a fulfilled life seeing his youngest grandchild off to university.
For your info, the world's oldest practising medical doctor πŸ’ŠπŸ₯, was still agile and practiced into his early hundred and something, still working even like 2 months before he passed away .

Howard Tucker, MD, a neurologist of Cleveland, OhioπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ, is the oldest practicing doctor in the world. At more than 100-years-old, he was still practising medicine for more than 75 years. He went back to university part-time to also become a certified lawyer at the age of 67.

l pray to live well into ripe old age, fulfilled and in vigour. If you pray to die at 65yo and become vegetative at 65, may the almighty grant you your heart desires.
my grandfather lived till he was 100+ same as my grandmother and most of my uncles. I have analyzed this world, there's absolutely nothing in it. If Trump dies today he will rot under weda he was president or not won't mean anything. If you die today, it will not make any difference to your rotten carcass weda you are 20 or 90 you will melt and have no memories of what happened when you were alive. So forget about posting about people you think are successful. They're just meat and bones waiting to rot.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Feldie: 7:47pm On Jan 15
PoliteActivist:

*Politeness*
Don't say these till u get there. Comfortable old folks have consistently said those were the best time of their lives. It's probably not what it seems from outside. Pray to have the full human experience instead of having your life cut short
I actually don't see it as a life cut short. You should check life expectancy around the world
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Truthshotcrazy: 7:50pm On Jan 15
Feldie:
my grandfather lived till he was 100+ same as my grandmother and most of my uncles. I have analyzed this world, there's absolutely nothing in it. If Trump dies today he will rot under weda he was president or not won't mean anything. If you die today, it will not make any difference to your rotten carcass weda you are 20 or 90 you will melt and have no memories of what happened when you were alive. So forget about posting about people you think are successful. They're just meat and bones waiting to rot.
It's a curse to die young 🌱. Even the creators perfect will is for you to live to ripe old age, your children children around your bosom.

If you want to die at 20, may the almighty grant you your desires.
I reject that for me and my loved ones. Who get load, make him carry him load.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Feldie: 7:57pm On Jan 15
Truthshotcrazy:

It's a curse to die young 🌱. Even the creators perfect will is for you to live to ripe old age, your children children around your bosom.

If you want to die at 20, may the almighty grant you your desires.
I reject that for me and my loved ones. Who get load, make him carry him load.
why don't you check life expectancy in Nigeria ? By the way, I didn't call you, you were the one quoting me
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Truthshotcrazy: 8:00pm On Jan 15
Feldie:
why don't you check life expectancy around the world? By the way, I didn't call you, you were the one quoting me
Nobody cares life expectancy figures. There are still old and strong people in my village. Just as my grandparents did not 🚫 die young 🌱. If you desire to be part of dying young statistics, may the almighty grant you and your offsprings your heart desires!.

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by akaahs(m): 8:04pm On Jan 15
coputa:
invest in people, even if they are not your relatives or better still you can adopt a child.
U have proven ur points enough, no argue again. I know of many people that have no children but invest in others and are enjoying now.

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by akaahs(m): 8:22pm On Jan 15
BloomingDale:

Did you tell your parents to birth you? They decided that on their own, so it is their responsibility to look after you, but it is not your responsibility to do the same.
grin grin did they ask u to come They were enjoying themselves and out of no where u shown up cool cool
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by ibinaboonline: 9:06pm On Jan 15
These are just the kind of things God looks at and shakes His head. You see how you're spending your youth worrying about how you'll do when you're old. It sounds like planning for the future and all that, but you and I both no nothing is guaranteed. Yes, plan away, but nothing is guaranteed. Jesus said in Luke 12:30,

"For the pagans of this world are always concerned about all these things. Your Father knows that you need these things... Be concerned with his Kingdom, and he will provide you with these things."

I'm not saying you shouldn't plan ahead, but don't get caught in the illusion that you have the future nailed down. Your only confidence about the future should be God.
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Clazzone(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15
You are wise and brilliant πŸ‘
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by aribisala0(m): 9:46pm On Jan 15
coputa:
You have to create your pension yourself,one of the best pension is to train your children and build a house no matter how small.

At old age, you still need a cash flow,buy shares of good companies,put money in there continually,it can cater for your needs at old age.
Children?
With respect that is not a sensible idea and it definitely is not a plan
It is wishful thinking
Your children will resent you for that
Not everyone has children.
The idea of children as a pension plan is foolish

1 Like

Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by PoliteActivist: 9:49pm On Jan 15
Feldie:
I actually don't see it as a life cut short. You should check life expectancy around the world

Well, you pray not to live beyond 65, Biden is in his 80's and Tinubu possibly on his 90's grin
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by aribisala0(m): 10:16pm On Jan 15
coputa:
Don't be deceived by rhetorics,on this earth, aside God, your family is all you've gotten especially your children, they are your third eyes and third legs at old age.

It has been tested and proven, investment in people pays the highest dividend

Neglect them at your own peril.
You are not making any sense
So people should not make financial plans?
Yes there may be an earthquake or a flood. But that is no reason not to build a house
Following your own logic why bother having children if kidnappers can kill them or some other misfortune end their lives all in one day. Have we not seen and heard such. At least follow your argument to the logical end.
Have we not seen people who live into their 90s and bury all their children?
Edwin Clark is 96
When you do not have international exposure or good education you go about talking nonsense.
In advanced countries There are insurance companies that sell annuities that work

There are structured pension sold by Insurance companies
That is what insurance is all about and why pension contributions matter

E.g if you live in Florida and have $100000 saved at age 56. You can purchase an annuity for $530 a month guaranteed till you did and your named beneficiaries will get a lump sum payment of the balance I You die.
If you have savings of $1 million at the age of 55 it will be over $5000 a month guaranteed for life

https://www.schwab.com/annuities/fixed-income-annuity-calculator

Charles Schwab has AUM over $7 trillion. Compare that with the Nigerian Economy
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Fearyourcreator: 3:10am On Jan 16
AfahaAbia:

I don't believe in what you wrote up there. I will use this age of mine to invest invest and invest. A sibling of mine who is close to 33 years old still had the guts to scam my old mother a very huge sum of money. And we are only two kids in the family. Never! I say never hope on my children. My mother gave we both the best while growing up and planned her own life very well. Yet her kid old enough to support her still preferred to take advantage of her.
Are you doing the same... Even such happens in business too... Some investment will eat you deep
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Georgeweah(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16
how does one invest in stocks,bonds and the rest of the investment
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by Kryzboy(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17
True
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by HugeElephant(f): 7:12am On Jan 19
akaahs:

grin grin did they ask u to come They were enjoying themselves and out of no where u shown up cool cool
lol
Re: When You Are Too Old To Work by akaahs(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20
Georgeweah:
how does one invest in stocks,bonds and the rest of the investment
Go to ur bank or Google investment brokers in Nigeria, they ll advice u accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPEN JOB'S - Jan 2015 / Mainstreet Bank Interview For Experienced Hire / How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.