Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,455 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals (15637 Views)

Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike / Kuje Prison: DSS Repeatedly Warned Security Agencies Of Bomb Attack / UK Pulls Down IPOB Asylum Policy, To Review It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:32am On Jan 15
TimeManager:
It does not work, my friend. Those bandits make use of their victims' phones to make calls to their families.

-kiss the truth!

location from which call was can be tracked na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by ufotunang: 11:37am On Jan 15
Manny21:
I may not like this man, but I can tell you he is right to a very large extent. Why are kidnappers still using phone to demand for and collect ransom and nobody is able to track the users in spite of billions of naira committed into setting up the NN-SIM identification system
..the bandits use the victims phone to call for ransom,.they do not always use their own phones
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by adonuj(f): 11:48am On Jan 15
ufotunang:
..the bandits use the victims phone to call for ransom,.they do not always use their own phones
As far as they can make call, they can be tracked. The phone they use notwithstanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:57am On Jan 15
SoNature:

The Nigerian police can track people's location, but it comes at a cost and their willingness to do it.

They understand that their job is risky too. If they feel that the operation isn't worth it, they will frustrate you.
Since they know that their job is risky, why did they apply for it?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by waice6571: 12:02pm On Jan 15
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by vikstandon(m): 12:10pm On Jan 15
When Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Ihejirika launched an offensive attack on this people, it was termed ethnic cleansing by this mofos.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by TRAPLORD13: 12:12pm On Jan 15
TimeManager:
It does not work, my friend. Those bandits make use of their victims' phones to make calls to their families.

-kiss the truth!
That's the whole point isn't it.
The victims phones should be able to be surveilled and tracked since it is registered.
Pantami is right.
Implementation remains the bane of Nigeria's policies formulation

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by TRAPLORD13: 12:13pm On Jan 15
Credible intelligence gathering will solve the issue at once
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Enemyofpeace: 12:23pm On Jan 15
How many have you used to track kidnappers and other criminals in Nigeria. Modafoka!
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Neoteny7: 12:43pm On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

Calls can be triangulated and thus geolocated.

Our security and intelligence systems are rotten, corrupt, inept, decrepit, demeaned, destitute, and completely bereft of ideas.

Even the once-vaunted DSS is now merely a rent-a-cop paper tiger.

Nepotism and cronyism defeated the nation.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Neoteny7: 12:44pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:
Why didn't he use it in his time as minister?

Seems reading has failed you.

He said the ones responsible for using it effectively to stop crime have dropped the ball.

He was not Minister of Defense or security.

Nigerians undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by YourKarma: 12:53pm On Jan 15
Slimmy22:
Werey

Just like Buhari used it

Most bandit use their victims phone
So the victim's phones can't be tracked?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by victorDanladi: 1:02pm On Jan 15
MisterGrace:
This Pantami guy is an extremist and he's extremely biased.

He kept mum on the genocide that happened in Jos - Plateau State recently because the victims were non Fulani Muslims,
but he's been blazing hot from the mouth because these victims are his.

Very dangerous lot. Tueh!

He learnt perfect well from Peter obi with his selective criticism
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Kay25(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15
Did he use it while he was there as a minister...
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by citygarden(m): 1:09pm On Jan 15
Why police can't track the call and location?

TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 1:28pm On Jan 15
Neoteny7:

Seems reading has failed you.

He said the ones responsible for using it effectively to stop crime have dropped the ball.

He was not Minister of Defense or security.

Nigerians undecided

So why then did he do it if he wasn't sure they were going to use it, so he suffered Nigerians for something he wasn't sure about...
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by 3seriez(m): 1:32pm On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

Even at that, the GPS coordinates can still be tracked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by 3seriez(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15
Manny21:
I may not like this man, but I can tell you he is right to a very large extent. Why are kidnappers still using phone to demand for and collect ransom and nobody is able to track the users in spite of billions of naira committed into setting up the NN-SIM identification system

Collusion, sabotage and many irresponsible incharge of our security apparatus.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by 3seriez(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15
Manny21:

Collusion, sabotage and many irresponsible incharge of our security apparatus. The SIM-NIN linkage scheme was very successful in terms of the numbers running into millions that were enrolled.
Why this has not changed and gave our security agencies an upper hand in fighting Insecurity has been very disappointing. Heads need to roll if we are going to be serious in this country.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Neoteny7: 1:57pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

So why then did he do it if he wasn't sure they were going to use it, so he suffered Nigerians for something he wasn't sure about...

How on earth could he tell they weren't going to use it? He's not responsible for their efficiency.

It's like saying NIS shouldn't bother printing passports because many people won't travel.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Theweekend: 1:59pm On Jan 15
Sleekfingers:

The inspector general of police is in the best position to answer that question. Patami has done his job.
The tracking of those criminals is the primary responsibility of the police.
ok
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 2:06pm On Jan 15
Neoteny7:

How on earth could he tell they weren't going to use it? He's not responsible for their efficiency.

It's like saying NIS shouldn't bother printing passports because many people won't travel.

That is what a good leader should have done before embarking on such, your example does not make sense at all, Pantami told us that he was doing it to fight insecurity when he had not even discussed with the people that will use it, does that show any seriousness?

That is like a man building a house for people he did not discuss with if they will use the house, only to find out that all of them are not living in Nigeria and not even ready to come back, who does that?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Tonytonex(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15
EreluRoz:
Security agencies are not doing well at all. So sad losing innocent citizens to these devils.

My heart weeps
it's so annoying. And one idiot MTN are there telling me that they will block my line. The NIN I linked years ago.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Guidedee(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth! And their victim's phones can't be tracked?

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Guidedee(m): 2:56pm On Jan 15
Curious345:
Hnmm

Here again is Isa Pantami publicly declaring that he will lead a jihad against the Christians of the middle belt . He was crying and asking the rich northerners to send him money so he can buy Ak47 for jihadist he intended to import for that purpose .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuQ_js0iYU?si=hsMfrmcrIZ7N8gKH
Is this a video or what?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by DMerciful(m): 3:04pm On Jan 15
You can trace the location of a phone call.

Stop giving excuses for those security chiefs appointed due to nepotism and tribalism
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by ufotunang: 3:22pm On Jan 15
adonuj:

As far as they can make call, they can be tracked. The phone they use notwithstanding.
..ok and I observed that nigeria security sector does not have a technology or tracking equipment device that can track where one uses phone to call... nigeria have to get the technology or tracking equipment that can do that
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by winner37(m): 3:24pm On Jan 15
Lol, this man is trying to assassinate TINUBU GOVERNMENT .. why he couldn't do it whrn he was Minister,so is now his eye open to see how dubious they are ?
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Neoteny7: 3:24pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

That is what a good leader should have done before embarking on such, your example does not make sense at all, Pantami told us that he was doing it to fight insecurity when he had not even discussed with the people that will use it, does that show any seriousness?

That is like a man building a house for people he did not discuss with if they will use the house, only to find out that all of them are not living in Nigeria and not even ready to come back, who does that?

You keep sinking deeper into the hole of ignorance you dug for yourself.

He's not responsible for the policy or practices of other Ministries or Agencies. So if he discharges his own duties, he cannot compel others to do theirs.

It's a waste of time arguing with an unyielding blockhead
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 3:31pm On Jan 15
Neoteny7:

You keep sinking deeper into the hole of ignorance you dug for yourself.

He's not responsible for the policy or practices of other Ministries or Agencies. So if he discharges his own duties, he cannot compel others to do theirs.

It's a waste of time arguing with an unyielding blockhead

No he is not in charge, do you think the minister of aviation can shut down all flights in Nigeria without discussing with the air force on how to implement it?

Listen to yourself now, he was binging up a security project without discussing with the security outfits on how to implement it ...
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Advancedman(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!
If you don't understand something smile and pass.

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Jkilo: 3:58pm On Jan 15
Bobloco:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/14/insecurity-pantami-accuses-security-agencies-of-not-using-nin-sim-policy-to-track-criminals/

Can you hear what this bastard is saying?? This man is the number 1 bandit in this country. He should even be crucified before Gumi. Bastards! The joy is that the North is the one receiving the hotter part of the fire. That's the joy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo Governorship: Tayo Jegede Picks PDP Form / Femi Adesina Receives West Africa Media Personality Award / Insecurity: Amotekun Moves To Enforce Installation Of CCTV In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.