Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals (15578 Views)

Insecurity: FCT Lacks Equipment To Track Criminals - Wike / Kuje Prison: DSS Repeatedly Warned Security Agencies Of Bomb Attack / UK Pulls Down IPOB Asylum Policy, To Review It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Bobloco: 8:18am On Jan 15
A former Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Isa Ali Pantami, has accused the Nigerian Police Force and other security agencies of refusing to use the NIN-SIM policy to fight insecurity in the country.

Pantami, who was responding to a question from a social media user who wondered why so much money was spent on the policy and yet insecurity has remained unabated, said the application of the policy has been a major problem.

This was after the former minister disclosed that a friend of his had offered to pay N50 million of the N60 million ransom demanded by bandits who abducted Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar’s six children.

“NIN-SIM policy has been working. However, the relevant institutions fighting criminality are to be requested to ensure they utilise it effectively when a crime is committed,” Pantami wrote.

He stated: “Lack of utilising it is the main problem, not the policy. While in office, I know of three instances where the policy was utilised, and it led to the success of their operations.

On the lack of utilisation, I am more worried than anyone, as my life was threatened by criminals for reintroducing it, including on BBC Hausa and national dailies; I resisted and ensured its implementation.

“If it is not being utilised by the relevant institutions in charge of securing lives and property, then I am more frustrated than any person, as I sacrificed my life and ignored all the threats to life.

“This is just a point out of 100 on the policy. May the Almighty rescue all the kidnapped and bring absolute peace and stability to Nigeria, and may He (SWT) continue to guide our leaders and help them always in discharging their responsibilities.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/14/insecurity-pantami-accuses-security-agencies-of-not-using-nin-sim-policy-to-track-criminals/

8 Likes

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by money121(m): 8:23am On Jan 15
Pot and kettle during is tenure what's the different

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by EreluRoz: 8:24am On Jan 15
Security agencies are not doing well at all. So sad losing innocent citizens to these devils.

My heart weeps

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by EreluRoz: 8:25am On Jan 15
money121:
Pot and kettle during ia tenure what's the different
He tried his best, he was one of the best ministers

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by money121(m): 8:25am On Jan 15
EreluRoz:
He tried his best, he was one of the best ministers
Motigbo

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by TANID(m): 8:37am On Jan 15
money121:
Pot and kettle during ia tenure what's the different
i Wonder o

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by TimeManager(m): 8:39am On Jan 15
It does not work, my friend. Those bandits make use of their victims' phones to make calls to their families.

-kiss the truth!

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by bennybuhari: 9:15am On Jan 15
See who is talking..#godfatherofbandits

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Manny21: 9:33am On Jan 15
I may not like this man, but I can tell you he is right to a very large extent. Why are kidnappers still using phone to demand for and collect ransom and nobody is able to track the users in spite of billions of naira committed into setting up the NN-SIM identification system

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by BluntCrazeMan: 9:33am On Jan 15
Blame Game Continued..

Before you came in,, you blamed.
All the while you were there, you blamed all through.
Now you're out, you're still blaming.

Shame on you abbegg..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Anguldi(m): 9:33am On Jan 15
Na Apache helicopter fit these bandits tongue

It's only a superior force that can quell ragtag forces

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by benuejosh: 9:34am On Jan 15
Everyone is looking for money.

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by obinna58(m): 9:34am On Jan 15
Thief

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by anonymous1759(m): 9:34am On Jan 15
When you were minister how many criminal did you track ?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Brendaniel: 9:35am On Jan 15
Why didn't he use it in his time as minister?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Resetinc: 9:35am On Jan 15
Which security agencies??
Kidnapping is an organized crime and most times involves the partnership of the so called security agencies. Have you wondered why there’s always a checkpoint few kilometers from every kidnapping scene ??

Someone asked in the other thread what kidnappers will do with 60m ?
10% to the armed bandits in the bush
10% to the checkpoint guys
10% to the informant who provided victims info & movement timeline
The rest 70% is shared between the Ogas of the checkpoint guys and the Ogas of the armed bandits ..
The problem is not NIN or SIM, the problem is the system.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by sofeo(m): 9:35am On Jan 15
Alright
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Slimmy22: 9:35am On Jan 15
Werey

Just like Buhari used it

Most bandit use their victims phone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by simp4rebel: 9:35am On Jan 15
We are still very far behind in fighting crime in this country and it's so sad.

1 Like

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:35am On Jan 15
Government of blames, as if they used it to nab criminals during his reign

5 Likes

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Enddy50ty(m): 9:35am On Jan 15
This is to reinstate the fact that these so called security agencies have a hand in every major kidnapping case in this country.

If you like believe it or not.

9 Likes

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Everydaylove: 9:35am On Jan 15
Confused government. See as Tinubu administration is disgracing themselves in the public.
Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Cruise777: 9:35am On Jan 15
With the era of E-Sim, Digital Phone numbers online

Pantami dey play

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by jayworld15(m): 9:35am On Jan 15
To even imagine the stress we went to because of BVN and NIN. grin grin grin Nigeria na comedy garden grin cheesy cheesy. Anything gud fit com out and to Naija? cry

6 Likes

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:36am On Jan 15
TimeManager:
It does not work, my friend. Those bandits make use of their victims' phones to make calls to their families.

-kiss the truth!

And those ones can't be tracked with Google earth?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by obembet(f): 9:36am On Jan 15
anonymous1759:
When you were minister how many criminal did you track ?

U mean the man that promote the killing of other religions. No sympathy for him abeg, he's part of the game and he played a big role in the game

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by lwisee: 9:36am On Jan 15
What happens to tracking a call to the closest mast.
Like we are not even ready to tackle insecurity.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Theweekend: 9:37am On Jan 15
What did u do wen u were there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals by Curious345: 9:37am On Jan 15
Hnmm

Here again is Isa Pantami publicly declaring that he will lead a jihad against the Christians of the middle belt . He was crying and asking the rich northerners to send him money so he can buy Ak47 for jihadist he intended to import for that purpose .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSuQ_js0iYU?si=hsMfrmcrIZ7N8gKH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kalu’s Visit: I Don’t Owe Ikpeazu, PDP Any Explanation – Cosmos Ndukwe / President Buhari Signs Rep. Benjamin Kalu's NIMET Bill Into Law / Traders, Shop Owners In Desa Ibeju Lekki Evicted By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.