Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? (15955 Views)

Nigeria 2-1 South Africa: Super Eagles Fans Celebrate Win Outside Cairo Stadium / FIFA Accused Of refusing Super Eagles’ Fans From Entering The Stadium With Drums / Chai Our Coach Bans Super Eagles From Eating Goat Meat, Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by WeLive: 1:12pm On Jan 15
Messileo10000:
See, super eagles no serious.

Sloppy defense, no attacking prowess or creativity from the midfield, and lack of clinical attackers.

They are not just motivated. If na like this we wan go face Ivory coast, we go collect nothing less than three from their hand. undecided

On the field of play, they know they are millionaires, win or lose. Maybe that is why the hunger is not the same as someone hustling to win and earn more
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by femi4: 1:12pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:
Iam one of those rooting for the sack of poseiro before this tournament.. yes.but going by yesterday's game, honestly speaking our players have to be blamed. We created 7 good Chances and scored just 1. Is our coach expected to come in and score those goals? Please let's allow that Man to breath.
He should stop using wingers that can't cross the ball in chukweze. Ola aina, a full back did better than him on the wing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by crusufixo(m): 1:15pm On Jan 15
The rate at which the super are inconsistent really baffles me.for instance now, everyone expects them to flop woefully against Cote d'ivoire. But that day would reach now and the super eagles would end up playing well and winning the game. then our Hope's would go up only for them to now stupidly loose their next game. Their mata just tire me abeg. We don't just have a team any longer. Just look at the way the Ghanaians played ( even though they lost ). They played purposeful football. But super eagles, mmba....na anywhere belle face...just rubbish...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Usmanovic95(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15
Timagex:
As much as I hate to admit this, I believe our problems are more than physical. If osimhen was in napoli's jersey, he would have bagged an hattrick. There is this dark spirit that clouds our players whenever they are in Nigeria's jersey. Take a look at how oshoala bangs braces for barcelona and struggles here.

Something beyond the physical is going on. I believe it and I know I am not alone.

Do they surround themselves with quality players in their national team as their club sides.What about coaching differences and monetary incentive.Do you know how much osimhen and Oshoala earn at their club sides,now compare it with what NFF pay them and there is still likelihood they will still be owed. So you too judge yourself if you are in shoes, where will you put in a good shift between your club and the national team (Super Eagles). No be everything be spiritual.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by BigDawsNet: 1:18pm On Jan 15
Timagex:
As much as I hate to admit this, I believe our problems are more than physical. If osimhen was in napoli's jersey, he would have bagged an hattrick. There is this dark spirit that clouds our players whenever they are in Nigeria's jersey. Take a look at how oshoala bangs braces for barcelona and struggles here.

Something beyond the physical is going on. I believe it and I know I am not alone.

Staduim
Weather

are part of the factors...
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Ubdavis(m): 1:19pm On Jan 15
Both the Coach and the players are culpable.

Osimen turned to Jackson on that day..
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by TOYNEX(f): 1:21pm On Jan 15
Lol
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Angelfrost(m): 1:25pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:
Iam one of those rooting for the sack of poseiro before this tournament.. yes.but going by yesterday's game, honestly speaking our players have to be blamed. We created 7 good Chances and scored just 1. Is our coach expected to come in and score those goals? Please let's allow that Man to breath.

You can't sack the coach. You already owe him unpaid wages.

The man can actually do whatever he likes at this point. grin

The truth is you guys can't afford a world class coach even if you can afford to let the Portuguese go.

Sacking Gernot Rohr was the real mistake.

As for the team... Those guys are mediocre players who can't start games for elite clubs with the exception of Victor Osimhen.

Which is quite pitiable... These players don't realize what is at stake. If they play well, excel and win this tournament, it will massively boost their market values at club level.

Such shortsighted and useless mercenaries.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Whitelion07(m): 1:29pm On Jan 15
dammywapes:
What i noticed from the match yesterday is that this guys does not put in 100% shift like they do for their clubs they just want to exist the tournament and go back to their different clubs except for iwobi.
iwobi was below average in the game. He even cost us that goal by not intercepting the ball like a proper footballer. He was so sluggish yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Angelfrost(m): 1:32pm On Jan 15
Oklink:
The game was super slow, no urgency to want go score goals, players dragging and delaying the restart.
It was a terrible to watch TBH.

Very poor...!

Compare that to Ivory Coast Vs Guinea Bissau and Ghana Vs Cape Verde.

The Ghana game was intensive and edge of your seat...!

Super Eagles are not serious!

Like I said before... They should not bother unpacking. They are going back soon.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Everydaylove: 1:33pm On Jan 15
Draw isn't totally bad for a start. However the next match must be a win.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Jazzman01: 1:33pm On Jan 15
Timagex:

There have been so much debate about the green jesey over the years, but if you want to compare Osimhen and Oshoala's scoring form in their clubs vs country, you have to consider the crop of players they are playing with. See the case of Messi at Barcelona and messi at Argentina. he is not as effective in his country side as with Barcelona. same thing is affecting Osimhen and Oshaola

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by tuzle(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15
thinkmoney:

People only blame coaches but fail to admit that we have average players
yeah we have average players but it is not like guinea has star players.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by sleekender(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15
Qatar put airconditioning for stadium and played only at night.

Try playing football at 30°C with Kano 70% humidity - na your body go tell you.

Too bad if you are used to European 4°C summer weather with 10% humidity

dammywapes:
is it more hot than qatar ?
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Angelfrost(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15
Timagex:

It's nothing spiritual! Lol! grin

A tree can't make a forest... The quality of a team is in the quality and synchronized play of all players.

That's why Mbappe can replicate what he does at club level in his national team... Same with Harry Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Messi, etc.

They have the same excellent playmakers in their national teams as they do at club level.

In addition, they have seasoned coaches who know how to build solid and cohesive teams.

Nigeria hasn't had such quality of coaching and team selection since Stephen Keshi's run of 2013 (God rest his soul).

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Omoawoke2(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15
b8044:
[/b][/color]

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW MONEY TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT AND MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE.

[b]

You keep spamming everywhere, jobless mofo, I wonder why TB Joshua didn’t provide you a job

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by rickleye: 1:55pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:

This is EQG for crying out loud. What is our identity? Saw a lot of errant passes, ball watching and no long exchange of passes. Iwobi was just ball watching and saw no distribution of balls.
It was just boring to watch .
Plus how do you not fill the stadium with students and their parents . Buy buses and take people to the place and back home.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by onadana: 1:56pm On Jan 15
BUSI105:
both coach and the players are clueless

JAPA? NO GREE FOR ANYBODY THIS YEAR Learn the secrets that no one wants you to know and save your money now! Stop relying on dubious agents![/i]

Are you tired of facing visa denials or relying on dubious agents? Achieve your UK, USA, or Canada Visa (student visa, family visa, tourist visas, work visas, ancestry visas, Express Entry, and more) hassle-free on your own at the first attempt with our comprehensive, step-by-step eBook, 'VISA SECRETS' guide. Authored by a team of seasoned consultants with extensive experience in visa consultation.

This eBook covers:

Common Challenges Unveiled: Discover and conquer the hurdles faced by Nigerian visa applicants to get your visa on the first attempt.

Visa Types Made Simple: A comprehensive guide to visa types for the USA, Canada, and the UK, coupled with clear eligibility criteria for each type.

Preparation Unveiled: Uncover tips for gathering necessary documents, understanding photo requirements, and ensuring accurate form completion to get your visa on the first attempt.

Application Mastery: Navigate the online application portal flawlessly, dodge submission pitfalls, and troubleshoot technical hurdles effortlessly to get your visa on the first attempt.

Financial Prowess: Grasp the financial requirements, exhibit stability, and master the art of handling visa application to get your visa on the first attempt.

Crafting an Impactful Letter: Learn the secrets to creating a compelling cover letter, understand dos and don'ts in visa application writing, and access sample templates tailored for various visa purposes to get your visa on the first attempt.

Interview Readiness: Prepare for the visa interview with confidence! Get an overview of the process, ace common questions, and practice with mock scenarios to get your visa on the first attempt.

Overcoming Challenges: Tackle travel history concerns, strategize against previous rejections, and manage unique circumstances like family applications to get your visa on the first attempt.

Post-Application Finesse: Gain insights into processing times and effortlessly track your application status.

Smooth Travel Tips: Prepare for your journey! Learn pre-departure necessities, navigate airports and immigration checkpoints, ensuring a seamless entry into your destination country, alongside numerous extra resources to guide you through your visa application journey.

Learn the secrets that no one wants you to know and save your money now! Stop relying on dubious agents!

Today only: Get a whopping 76% discount! Grab it now for just 6,000 NAIRA instead of the usual 25,000 NAIRA! Hurry! Act now and seize this incredible offer!

Only a few copies of this e-book are available for sale to avoid saturation.

call or WhatsApp 090345 57 80 8 to get your copy now!!!

See scam...you don't need to read any book to apply for visas.Just do the right thing,summit the right documents...and follow the process.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Capernum: 1:58pm On Jan 15
thinkmoney:

Average players is very good enough to beat a poor team like them. Average team is good enough for most teams in Africa except a few.

Do you really need Cr7, Messi, Mbape, Halaand before you can beat Guinea?
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by thatigboman: 2:01pm On Jan 15
dammywapes:
is it more hot than qatar ?
Qatar built AC stadia naa, where ivory coast see money to do same?
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by sureteeboy(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15
Oboto700:
No team scores as many goal as the chances they create. A proper coach will ensure that his team creates as much chances as possible.

Man City created 27 chances against Newcastle last weekend but were only able to convert 3 out of it.
The Super Eagles creating such little chances against a poor side like Guinea Bissau shows how woeful the coach and the players are.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by johnson4nosa(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15
Did I hear you say average players? What will Equatorial Guinea say
thinkmoney:

Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by comodo: 2:26pm On Jan 15
Oklink:
The game was super slow, no urgency to want go score goals, players dragging and delaying the restart.
It was a terrible to watch TBH.
With temp soaring as high as 32-33degrees and 100% humidity.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by DMerciful(m): 2:27pm On Jan 15
We use tribalism, favouritism and nepotism to form a team of national unity vs selecting the best even if from the old Eastern and midwest regions to form a team of competence. These two old regions knows how to play football
post=127952689:

Looking at it from another angle.....

A country of over 220 million people versus a country of 1.6 million people.

Alimosho Local Government Area in Lagos population is 1,953,500 bigger than Equatorial Guinea.

Football no be by population ooo
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by ezegenigbonine: 2:30pm On Jan 15
People wey dey hide leg for the match. Blame the players. Na only osimhem and the defensive midfielder no hide leg.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by comodo: 2:30pm On Jan 15
Angelfrost:

Very poor...!

Compare that to Ivory Coast Vs Guinea Bissau and Ghana Vs Cape Verde.

The Ghana game was intensive and edge of your seat...!

Super Eagles are not serious!

Like I said before... They should not bother unpacking. They are going back soon.
Those games were played in the night bro. Try that shit in the afternoon and get your lungs fried at temp of 32 deg and 100% humidity.
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by FBIBOT(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15
Must we use this overfed pompous guys? Let's look for grassroot players with passion and motivation abeg... This ones don belleful
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by OLamylove: 2:44pm On Jan 15
Honestey:
For the first time I watched Nigeria match in football showing centre and only 4! people cared to joined me with the owner of the viewing centre making 6! A lot has gone wrong in this country. So, the way I see it, the passion to keep Nigeria flag flying high in football is gone. the eleda of people in the hands of kidnappers is making Oshimen missing chances like Jackson of Chelsea and it's looking bleak already. I believe Airpeace is warming up to bring home our players after group stage but prayers can change it.
Watin concern eleda of people with Football na, Good Results increases fan base for either clubs or country matches and in recent times Nigeria's Form hasn't been Great
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by xareal(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15
Leaving our most creative midfielder aribo on the bench,leaving osayi on the bench for that below average aina
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by dammywapes(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15
sleekender:
Qatar put airconditioning for stadium and played only at night.

Try playing football at 30°C with Kano 70% humidity - na your body go tell you.

Too bad if you are used to European 4°C summer weather with 10% humidity

They didn’t play the world cup matches only at night
Re: Super Eagles Fans.. What Did our Coach Actually Do Wrong? by Deogratiasfx: 2:56pm On Jan 15
Pls enjoy the tournament and leave super eagles alone. NFF, coach and the players, all of them are not serious. Waiting for the Lions of Terranga to do it again!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cote D’ivoire: Golden Eaglets Cry Foul Over MRI Test / A Nairalander Chatting With Roberto Di Matteo / Kano Pillars Fined N9 Million, Lose 3 Points, Suffer Banishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.