Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% (6667 Views)

Obidient Movement May Push Nigeria Into Crisis, By Fredrick Nwabufo / Simon Ekpa Declare Sit At Home From 24 To 28 February / June 12: Governor Akeredolu Grants Amnesty To 28 Inmates In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by grandstar(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15
kk
Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by obesse: 1:44pm On Jan 15
Angelfrost:

Golden Penny is currently #800 in some places.

Titus Sardine is aiming for #850.

Even water and garri will soon become a luxury.
Many Nigerians will either eat sand this year or revolt!
True talk!

2 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Iceberg3: 1:45pm On Jan 15
Imagine buying a bag of "pure water" for 250!!!

Rice cup #1k

75cl oil #1k

Painter G4 #1500!!!

Hhhhaaaa!

4 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Iceberg3: 1:48pm On Jan 15
Angelfrost:

It's only a matter of time before kidnappers and robbers run out of jobs, cos na who never chop belleful wan pay you ransom?!!

Buhari took the nation to the edge of the abyss in 8 years... It took his successor less than 6 months to sink it into the bottomless pit.
Iceberg3:

Rice cup #1k

75cl oil #1k

Painter G4 #1500!!!

Hhhhaaaa!

2 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Everydaylove: 1:52pm On Jan 15
Tinubu is a bad luck. He only came to accomplish his own ambition. Only sane people were not deceived.

7 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by blowjohn(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15
obesse:

Yes o! Golden Penny spaghetti. Go price am.

Omo!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Niok: 1:56pm On Jan 15
No wonder the Yorubas were shouting ebi pa wa o

8 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Streetdoctor: 1:56pm On Jan 15
blowjohn:
Even drugs.

Imagine CIPROTAB(5 days treatment) being sold for 3,500 naira.

I didn't know when I screamed out loud at the pharmacy last week on hearing the price. For my mind me dey expect like 1700 or so
Something we sold 1500 before dis idiot took over

8 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by blowjohn(m): 1:57pm On Jan 15
Angelfrost:

It's only a matter of time before kidnappers and robbers run out of jobs, cos na who never chop belleful wan pay you ransom?!!

Buhari took the nation to the edge of the abyss in 8 years... It took his successor less than 6 months to sink it into the bottomless pit.

Omo! Last time I bought it it was like 250 or 300 or so. Like early last year or 2 years ago.

Omo that's ridiculous o

As for Titus. Make E just dey there.

5 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by blowjohn(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15
Streetdoctor:

Something we sold 1500 before dis idiot took over

Even coartem is very expensive now

5 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by o123456789(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15
Time to go into farming is now. Farmers not crying that loud because of inflation, because they are cashing out big time.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by lexrichy(m): 1:59pm On Jan 15
Iceberg3:

Rice cup #1k

75cl oil #1k

Painter G4 #1500!!!

Hhhhaaaa!
bag of purewater is 400 here

8 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15
Let the poor breathe please. We do need a working consumer price regulatory board though.

3 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Enemyofpeace: 2:04pm On Jan 15
Una never see anything. All of una go suffer

Abeg who is interested in adopting a 47 year old bouncing baby boy?🥲🥹😌😌

11 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Dobodobo04: 2:05pm On Jan 15
How do we get food prices down? If I’m tasked to solve this problem, it’s a demanding job but opportunity I would relish. Nigeria has fertile ground and hard working farmers, which makes the task easier

1) Provide round-the-clock security to farmers. No more bandits harassing them while they farm.

2) Roads leading to major farms should be prioritised, so that farmers can bring goods to market quickly. David Umahi can partner with minister of Agriculture to see which roads across the country, especially in the middle belt can be prioritised for rehabilitation.

3) Storage facilities for both perishable and non perishable produce should be built across all states. According to Ngalale, part of the deal with Siemens will be providing green energy for storage hubs to store produce for longer.

4) All agricultural produce transporters, I would give them loans to buy modern efficient vehicles, to transport bigger produce from farm to market. No more using pickup made 100 years ago, doing overload on our roads anymore. The vehicles will be modern, and fuel efficient. Some would have chill compartment when needed. The lorries needed to move livestock will be big, humane to livestock and modern.
Overloading will be banned. Two drivers will be needed when driving from Kano to Lagos. One sleeps in the cabin while the other drives. Road transport police will periodically check for alcohol abuse, fatigue and overloading. This is to prevent drivers tumbling agricultural produce on roads due to poor road awareness.
As we build our railways, we can extend the railways to major agricultural hubs in the country and move some of the produce across the country by rail.

5) Where governors should be commended especially in the north over the years is distribution of fertilisers. We can always improve on that and train farmers on mechanised uses. Some of our farmers are already up to date on that but we can still do better.

6) As our refineries and power grid improve, cost of diesel, power should go down, which will reflect in prices coming down in the long haul.

3 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Enemyofpeace: 2:05pm On Jan 15
lexrichy:
bag of purewater is 400 here
its 650 in my place

2 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by History555: 2:05pm On Jan 15
Which inflation is 28%.

Spag from 400 to 700
Big bread from 800 to 1600
Rice paint from 3500 to 5500
Garri paint 1200 to 1600
Turkey 3500 to 5500
Close up 700 to 1000

This was price from last year to present.

9 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Usmanovic95(m): 2:10pm On Jan 15
Pokegod:
Garri is now #70 per cup.

Garri wey be say even if food dey on fire, you go put small for cup drink am take cool body.

Oga it is #100 per cup here.Garri na big man food now.

9 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by okeke6969: 2:10pm On Jan 15
TrumpDonald2:
I sincerely hope the local refining of crude oil will bring down the price of petrol. Else, am afraid things will only get worse.

They have started hoarding petrol at the refinery already.
Under fractional distillation process, you get petrol before diesel. So what are they saying?
Nigeria is not designed to favour the poor masses.
Who are the owners of this refinery? Make your research diligently.

6 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by scrupulousblog: 2:12pm On Jan 15
Airlohim:

Which government? Did Nigerians elect a President? They elected the guy who says it's his turn, not a President.
Very correct. He is there to serve his own purpose

7 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by lexy2014: 2:15pm On Jan 15
iwaeda:

God will feed us (Olorun ayo wa). People can not access their farms. Years ago I used to get free yams from my home town, now those supplying can't get to farm land. How will inflationnjot skyrocket. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why God no de bring yam come for you again?
Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by DMerciful(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15
Nigerians did not elext Tinubu, Mahmmud and the judiciary rigged him in. He never won!
Airlohim:

Which government? Did Nigerians elect a President? They elected the guy who says it's his turn, not a President.

6 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Queengee: 2:18pm On Jan 15
AqualinaXYZ:

I won’t suffer it and not suffering it and will never suffer it

I must always survive and succeed either by hook or crook

My own na make dollar dey rise make i dey sell bitcoin higher

Bros can you teach me how to sell Bitcoin?
Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by lexy2014: 2:18pm On Jan 15
Dobodobo04:
How do we get food prices down? If I’m tasked to solve this problem, it’s a demanding job but opportunity I would relish. Nigeria has fertile ground and hard working farmers, which makes the task easier

1) Provide round-the-clock security to farmers. No more bandits harassing them while they farm.

2) Roads leading to major farms should be prioritised, so that farmers can bring goods to market quickly. David Umahi can partner with minister of Agriculture to see which roads across the country, especially in the middle belt can be prioritised for rehabilitation.

3) Storage facilities for both perishable and non perishable produce should be built across all states. According to Ngalale, part of the deal with Siemens will be providing green energy for storage hubs to store produce for longer.

4) All agricultural produce transporters, I would give them loans to buy modern efficient vehicles, to transport bigger produce from farm to market. No more using pickup made 100 years ago, doing overload on our roads anymore. The vehicles will be modern, and fuel efficient. Some would have chill compartment when needed. The lorries needed to move livestock will be big, humane to livestock and modern.
Overloading will be banned. Two drivers will be needed when driving from Kano to Lagos. One sleeps in the cabin while the other drives. Road transport police will periodically check for alcohol abuse, fatigue and overloading. This is to prevent drivers tumbling agricultural produce on roads due to poor road awareness.
As we build our railways, we can extend the railways to major agricultural hubs in the country and move some of the produce across the country by rail.

5) Where governors should be commended especially in the north over the years is distribution of fertilisers. We can always improve on that and train farmers on mechanised uses. Some of our farmers are already up to date on that but we can still do better.

6) As our refineries and power grid improve, cost of diesel, power should go down, which will reflect in prices coming down in the long haul.

But will you allow the customs police, military and the sundry outfits to continue their extortion of these transporters?

3 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by DMerciful(m): 2:19pm On Jan 15
People that knows nothing about indices of development is praising Amoda for taking hard decisions instead of bringing down inflation, bringing down cost of living, bringing down insecurity, bringing down poverty.

Tinubu is a monumental failure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by iwaeda: 2:23pm On Jan 15
lexy2014:

God provided the means to purchase. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by lexy2014: 2:25pm On Jan 15
iwaeda:

God provided the means to purchase. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Streetdoctor: 2:25pm On Jan 15
blowjohn:

Even coartem is very expensive now
Coartem from 1850 to 3700 right now

6 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15
AqualinaXYZ:

[b]I won’t suffer it and not suffering it and will never suffer it

I must always survive and succeed either by hook or crook

My own na make dollar dey rise make i dey sell bitcoin higher

I sure u don't understand what u saying

1 Like

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by fineboynl(m): 2:35pm On Jan 15
Yemike:
Garri is now #70 per cup.

Garri wey be say even if food dey on fire, you go put small for cup drink am take cool body.
100 naira in enugu and pure water 300

4 Likes

Re: Rising Food Costs Push Nigeria’s Inflation Rate To 28.9% by nabiz(m): 2:36pm On Jan 15
Twist4u:
NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Otiloooohhhh!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. / Now There Is Adequate Power Supply In Nigeria And Nobody Is Talking? / Private Jet: How Nnamdi Kanu Really Travels - Video And Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.