Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies (35310 Views)

Tinubu Has Exposed Nigeria To Ridicule By Visiting Foreign Country - Falana / EXPOSED:Nigeria Army Deploys Northern Commanders To Quell Tension In South-East / Oil Discovery Exposed Nigeria’s Economy To Vulnerability – Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Solsix(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15
K
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by omoredia: 2:13pm On Jan 15
Dangote is a politician
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Pokegod: 2:18pm On Jan 15
Okay we have heard
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Coronavirus1: 2:18pm On Jan 15
In otherwise no need to expect cheap fuel that is the meaning of this write up because dangote to pay the shipment company in dollars so don't expect desel to reduce

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by HEBEI: 2:19pm On Jan 15
Who is to be blamed
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by oluwaahmed: 2:19pm On Jan 15
I don't understand this. There's a crude oil pipeline that runs from Bonny in nigerDelta to Lagos dangote refinery, what's our issue with shipping? Also what about our trains why can't we put crude oil on those trains and send dem to dangote refinery

5 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Theweekend: 2:19pm On Jan 15
ProudNigerian01:
Wetin dey fight Nigeria no be here. May Nigeria win in all areas one day. Amen.

I wish to remind everyone of the message for all born again Christians:

When you get to that point where you feel you are finally doing what God wants and you are living a sin free life, watch yourself. Spiritual pride is at the door and you must rule over it else it will consume you. ( Gen. 4v7) .

This is the time you begin to become judgemental of others, feel too righteous to ask for the forgiveness of your sins. Be CAREFUL!!!

I leave you a message from Apostle Paul:

1Cor.10.12 - Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
For those of you yet to repent, God is waiting for you.
abeg u fit preach dis repentance to ur leaders
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by SheikhMuniru(m): 2:20pm On Jan 15
And one guy was argue blindly with me three days ago that Nigeria government supply DANGOTE refinery with CRUDE OIL
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by firearcher: 2:21pm On Jan 15
Its simple. They had no incentive to own such ships before. But now they do. Time for the companies to shore up their capital base and capacity.

Nigeria will be great.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Kukutente23: 2:22pm On Jan 15
All the money they are supposed to empower businessmen have been looted and hidden in dollar accounts

What a shame on our Nigerian politicians

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by rman: 2:22pm On Jan 15
firearcher:
Its simple. They had no incentive to own such ships before. But now they do. Time for the companies to shore up their capital base and capacity.

Nigeria will be great.

At last, someone that read and understood.

God bless you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Arabaincubus: 2:23pm On Jan 15
When we think we are running away from exchange rate wahala, one hidden thing will crop up.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by okeke6969: 2:24pm On Jan 15
GOFRONT:
Is that the reason why Dangote refinery is not refining and distributing Premium motor Spirit Petrol??

I only hear about AGO and Av Jet

The truth is that Dangote refinery have started hoarding petrol already.
Crude oil is refined by fractional distillation. You don't get diesel before petrol.
Each product is obtained from the same chamber at different temperatures.
The suffering continues, not yet Uhuru.

4 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by MFORC(m): 2:27pm On Jan 15
Everything is not politics. This is about business.
Brendaniel:
How Dangote refinery exposed the lies of Buhari and Tinubu's government ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Chivik93(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15
What this means is that we might pay higher for petrol as we no longer import it from foreign countries but we now import the ship use in delivering the crude to the refinery, Nigeria is a joke, they're are give use useless story why the price of petrol will not come down

4 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by iLegendd(m): 2:31pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:
If the Dangote refinery was built in Niger Delta, there would be no need for shipping, just pipe the crude there.

Niger Delta, una see unasef? Your insecurity is making you lose your birthright!
Where Dangoté situates his company is not Niger Delta's birthright. Trust me.

3 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by starpower(m): 2:31pm On Jan 15
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-dangote-refinery-exposed-nigerias-shipping-inadequacies/
shipping is highly cyclical and very bad returns don't wish my country man loss of capital. Not everything we must compete in congratulations to Angola.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Alaigbo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 15
In an article that talked about no Nigeria shipping company having the Suex Max that can deliver over a million barrel of crude to Dangote refinery because of it huge Suze you blame tunubu n Buhari ?

Tell me you and not ipob or obidient filled usual irredeemable chronic hate nbigotry of everyone superior to you.

Brendaniel:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 2:34pm On Jan 15
MFORC:
Everything is not politics. This is about business.

Oga I'm speaking my mind, you are also allowed to speak yours....
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by stepaside1: 2:34pm On Jan 15
firearcher:

Nigeria will be great.
This is the closest reasonable reason i have read here. Though not excusable by Nigeria and Nigerians because we are a major oil producer and should have been actively involved in marketing crude oil across the globe using crude tankers. There is so much money in the global oil trading and shipping business that we can't afford not to partake in.

As you say, there is now an incentive to get involved. To be fair, we do have LNG trading tankers and an LNG trading business via the NLNG trading arm. Much more can be done.

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by SaLongs1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 15
drlaykay:
Another dollar losing avenue. This will interpret to a higher price compared to if it's an indigenous firm. And of course, an additional pressure on forex and a resultant weakened naira.
All these little things matter a lot.
We have already been warned by that Kyari fellow that less petrol price is not their aim.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by etrange: 2:35pm On Jan 15
Well, to be fair, necessity breeds invention. Businesses don't buy such vessels for the sake of having them, they get them if/when needed. Probably, there hasn't been any client that necessitated the purchase of one. Keeping/maintaining vessels of that size is extremely expensive. They, therefore, need a business justification for that. Now that we have a big refinery like Dangote, I believe many logistics companies will invest in such huge vessels.

6 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by advanceDNA: 2:36pm On Jan 15
SheikhMuniru:
And one guy was argue blindly with me three days ago that Nigeria government supply DANGOTE refinery with CRUDE OIL

It could also be that the crude belongs to Nigeria.......And the foreign shipping companies only came in as cargo or permit be to say courier service??
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by pcagbaji(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15
SheikhMuniru:
Very correct
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by NinjaMetahuman: 2:39pm On Jan 15
Sharon805010:
i don't understand all this grammar, can someone just summarize please
it means Nigeria don't have shipping company with vesel big enough to carry oil from naija delta to dangote refinery. They had to rely on foreign shipping company.

Like a taxi company not having limousine to carry dignitaries when they visit your village.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by thaoriginator: 2:39pm On Jan 15
cry
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 2:40pm On Jan 15
Alaigbo:
In an article that talked about no Nigeria shipping company having the Suex Max that can deliver over a million barrel of crude to Dangote refinery because of it huge Suze you blame tunubu n Buhari ?

Tell me you and not ipob or obidient filled usual irredeemable chronic hate nbigotry of everyone superior to you.

Na wa o, all these lies and insult because I am speaking the truth?

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by DMerciful(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15
Many companies moved their headquarters to Lagos when the kidnapping of expatriates intensified around early 2000.

One of the factors in deciding establishment of a production company is nearness to source of raw material. If the Niger Delta is safe, most of these oil companies will not have left and new ones would happily join
iLegendd:
Where Dangoté situates his company is not Niger Delta's birthright. Trust me.

3 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by jude33084(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

This should be the headline cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Rayd502(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15
Integrafamoo:
So,Dangote imported crude? A country that export crude oil

6 cargoes delivered so far are from Agbami...Make una try dey read.

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by glozyyy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15
Them use this lie take tell us say price of petrol nor go come down since we nor get shipping company wen fit supply crude grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by NinjaMetahuman: 2:42pm On Jan 15
pacespot:
Imagine, all those so called billionaires in Nigeria are just billionaires for nothing, they will rather spend their money on owambe and other unproductive ventures.

Foreigners have always known how to take advantage of any lapses in Nigerian systems.
the problem is also the banking system.

I don't think Nigerian banks are capable of giving out loan big enough to purchase these vessels.
You don't have to be a billionaire to be ambitious and purchase investments like that. But which bank will bell the cat?

Also, I didn't think Nigeria has this kind of investment scale until now that will require such vessel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Punch, The Nation, Channels TV Are Still Using Twitter Despite Suspension / ISWAP-Boko Haram Appoints New Commanders, Imposes Taxes After Military Attacks / Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.