Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies (35296 Views)

Tinubu Has Exposed Nigeria To Ridicule By Visiting Foreign Country - Falana / EXPOSED:Nigeria Army Deploys Northern Commanders To Quell Tension In South-East / Oil Discovery Exposed Nigeria’s Economy To Vulnerability – Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 4:07pm On Jan 15
Timmi:

So what is your truth brother Brendaniel.

Exposing the lies and evil of Buhari and Tinubu's government...
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by chukwuma234: 4:09pm On Jan 15
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-dangote-refinery-exposed-nigerias-shipping-inadequacies/

The reason is simple. You don't refine crude in Nigeria. Why should any business person invest in buying ships to deliver crude cargo? The journalist no get work. Very useless news

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by FireUpNow(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15
tonicyril:
I don't kuku understand

Simply put as the deadweight vessels used in bring the crude oil to Dangote Refinery is not available in Nigeria due to its capacity. No Nigeria. Has the size. And Dangote nor get time for small vessels used in Nigeria. Tomorrow they will be preaching local companies or investors.

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:28pm On Jan 15
Sharon805010:
i don't understand all this grammar, can someone just summarize please
Nigeria has since failed!

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Quebec91(m): 4:33pm On Jan 15
Abiooo cheesy
jamesversion:
Make una leave story and start production.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Timmi: 4:35pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

Exposing the lies and evil of Buhari and Tinubu's government...

And brother Brendaniel, what are the lies and evil of Buhari and Tinubu's government. Don't generalize and please tell us since you know them. Thank you in advance for doing so.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Ex0rrcist: 4:39pm On Jan 15
oluwaahmed:
I don't understand this. There's a crude oil pipeline that runs from Bonny in nigerDelta to Lagos dangote refinery, what's our issue with shipping? Also what about our trains why can't we put crude oil on those trains and send dem to dangote refinery
That's for gas, and bot crude oil.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Ex0rrcist: 4:41pm On Jan 15
firearcher:
Its simple. They had no incentive to own such ships before. But now they do. Time for the companies to shore up their capital base and capacity.

Nigeria will be great.
Please can you tell me where they are shipping the crude oil from. I'm wondering whey isn't there a pipeline from Niger delta, or a direct use of crude oil that's in Lagos.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Ex0rrcist: 4:43pm On Jan 15
stepaside1:

This is the closest reasonable reason i have read here. Though not excusable by Nigeria and Nigerians because we are a major oil producer and should have been actively involved in marketing crude oil across the globe using crude tankers. There is so much money in the global oil trading and shipping business that we can't afford not to partake in.

As you say, there is now an incentive to get involved. To be fair, we do have LNG trading tankers and an LNG trading business via the NLNG trading arm. Much more can be done.
Well said, I was even thinking all the money that our politicians embezzle if put in stuffs like this will at least be good instead of using it to buy offshore properties.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Ex0rrcist: 4:44pm On Jan 15
NinjaMetahuman:
it means Nigeria don't have shipping company with vesel big enough to carry oil from naija delta to dangote refinery. They had to rely on foreign shipping company.

Like a taxi company not having limousine to carry dignitaries when they visit your village.
But why isn't there a pipeline instead? Just curious.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by victorv12(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15
BUSI107:
that is a welcome development

That's a welcome development. Wow!
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by deji17: 4:47pm On Jan 15
This is why we cry of unemployment in this country. The Dangote refinery will open many more job opportunities. But the myopic among us will rather cry on social media and on the streets about hunger than providing solutions to all the challenges / opportunities that abound in our country.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Alaigbo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 15
And some even liked you post, this goes to show many fools about on NL..

The details I stated were from the article unlike you that never read the article but your sole existence prejudice on chronic irredeemable hate n bigotry keep you hyperpigmentation with the rubbish you are spitting.
Brendaniel:

Na wa o, all these lies and insult because I am speaking the truth?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Ex0rrcist: 4:51pm On Jan 15
BloomingDale:

They are only interested in driving keke, especially the university graduates.
Don't say that, which university is giving out practicals on maritime courses. And not everybody will syudy3a maritime course, which is very expensive.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 4:55pm On Jan 15
Timmi:

And brother Brendaniel, what are the lies and evil of Buhari and Tinubu's government. Don't generalize and please tell us since you know them. Thank you in advance for doing so.

I tried pasting the entire articles herr but Nairaland said the post is too long, so please read the articles from beginning to the end.

For Tinubu
https://punchng.com/tinubus-nationwide-broadcast-another-round-of-false-promises-pdp/?amp

For Buhari
https://www.thecable.ng/promoted-behold-the-62-failed-2015-election-campaign-promises-of-muhammadu-buhari-and-apc/amp
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by MagicalConcepts: 4:57pm On Jan 15
tonicyril:
I don't kuku understand
Nigeria needs big vessels laidis and we don't have it. Not having it is one of the problems of lack of fuel.
And these are ships that can be affordable but they may not be maintained.

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 5:00pm On Jan 15
Alaigbo:
And some even liked you post, this goes to show many fools about on NL..

The details I stated were from the article unlike you that never read the article but your sole existence prejudice on chronic irredeemable hate n bigotry keep you hyperpigmentation with the rubbish you are spitting.

If you understood my comment you will know I wasn't emphasizing on the article, I was just stating my personal observation of the Dangote refinery on the Buhari and Tinubu's government about the lies they have told Nigerians over the years...
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Sicklebear28: 5:00pm On Jan 15
Golan007:
You wey write am, dem dey forbid make you self get shipping tanker?

Do you even use your sense at all. He said he ship started it .. It was used to flush the refinery
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by goldmatrix(m): 5:01pm On Jan 15
Our ships were all busy.. They were rented for bunkering
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Golan007: 5:09pm On Jan 15
Sicklebear28:

Do you even use your sense at all. He said he ship started it .. It was used to flush the refinery

Writing so we can notice you.

Gerrout.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Bluntemperor: 5:10pm On Jan 15
gnykelly:

Dangote refinery was designed not only to refine crude from. Niger delta WHICH bis sweet crude. But also heavy crude from south America and Angola.

Thanks for more information,bro!
God bless Dangote!
With this Refineries,Dangote's Wealth will quardraple,in no distance future!
This man Dangote needs to be Studied by our University!
1.He has been doing business for long and must have looked beyond biases to pick Lagos- with 25Milli Population,still growing!
2- the Ocean and Sea Waters - as Deep Sea is just a very beautiful of a Calculated Risks in the employment of Funds!
3.- Dangote knew and Understand Nigeria well ahead of some of us- by using the New Frontiers in Lekki Peninsular!
Today different Economic Sector is coming to reality:
-New Airport,
-New SeaPort,
-New Refineries,
-New Lekki Peninsular Economic Development Growth and Lekki Economic Hubs,etc.
•That is what deep business imagination can do- in a life of a Man,his business and that of a Nation Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Alaigbo(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15
Oh I get now, labouring hard to derail the thread. It is well. How much do you earn monthly doing this ?!

Brendaniel:

If you understood my comment you will know I wasn't emphasizing on the article, I was just stating my personal observation of the Dangote refinery on the Buhari and Tinubu's government about the lies they have told Nigerians over the years...
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 5:12pm On Jan 15
Alaigbo:
Oh I get now, labouring hard to derail the thread. It is well. How much do you earn monthly doing this ?!

I'm only speaking the truth and I don't need to get paid for speaking the truth....
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Metrofox(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:
If the Dangote refinery was built in Niger Delta, there would be no need for shipping, just pipe the crude there.

Niger Delta, una see unasef? Your insecurity is making you lose your birthright!

If they could build a useless pipeline to Kaduna, then they should start considering one to Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Sicklebear28: 5:18pm On Jan 15
Golan007:

Writing so we can notice you.

Gerrout.

Sense is far from you..go back and read the article again this time slowly
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by NinjaMetahuman: 5:25pm On Jan 15
Ex0rrcist:

But why isn't there a pipeline instead? Just curious.
building pipeline from south south to lagos just for dangote refinery is more expensive than cargo.

Besides, dangote refinery is a private investment not government investment. So, it is the job of dangote to sort how to get his own raw materials and for Nigerian shipping companies to key into his investment and buy bigger ships.

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Elnino9(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15
The foreigners are taking advantage of the situation while our own billionaires are sleeping. I and my Boss's, Charles Udonwa predicted this, sent couple of mails to vessel owners on the need to own crude oil tankers.
Meanwhile for all your offshore vessel purchase or charter. Contact us: www.norfinoffshore.com
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Timmi: 5:34pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

I tried pasting the entire articles herr but Nairaland said the post is too long, so please read the articles from beginning to the end.

For Tinubu
https://punchng.com/tinubus-nationwide-broadcast-another-round-of-false-promises-pdp/?amp

For Buhari
https://www.thecable.ng/promoted-behold-the-62-failed-2015-election-campaign-promises-of-muhammadu-buhari-and-apc/amp

Oga Brandaniel, I thought as much for if you can read and decipher, you will realize that these two are sponsored posts written and propagated by the opposition. These are opposition party opinion and not based on fact or actual performance.

Actually disappointed at you, I thought you still have some common sense but I guess sense is no longer common in your area or for the Obizombie crowd. Goodbye to bad riddings.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 5:41pm On Jan 15
Timmi:

Oga Brandaniel, I thought as much for if you can read and decipher, you will realize that these two are sponsored posts written and propagated by the opposition. These are opposition party opinion and not based on fact or actual performance.

Actually disappointed at you, I thought you still have some common sense but I guess sense is no longer common in your area or for the Obizombie crowd. Goodbye to bad riddings.

Oga, whether it is opposition or not, the question is did they lie?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Timmi: 5:52pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

Oga, whether it is opposition or not, the question is did they lie?

No, they didn't. Go back and read it yourself but with an open mind and using your common sense to interpret and understand.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by fabolouz1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15
There wasn't need then but in few years there would .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki / Who Is Your Preferred 2019 Presidential Aspirant And Why? / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.