Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies (35306 Views)

Tinubu Has Exposed Nigeria To Ridicule By Visiting Foreign Country - Falana / EXPOSED:Nigeria Army Deploys Northern Commanders To Quell Tension In South-East / Oil Discovery Exposed Nigeria’s Economy To Vulnerability – Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Bluntemperor: 2:42pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:
How Dangote refinery exposed the lies of Buhari and Tinubu's government ...

Unfortunately,you don't even understand what is at stake or why did you bring in Tinubu here- for a govt that is just 7- Months Old!
Hatred will not kill you!
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Niwdog(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15
BUSI107:
that is a welcome development
How
Or you just typed WD
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Cmeo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15
Our planning approach in Nigeria is reactive and not proactive.

The fault is from everyone and not government institutions alone.

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 2:45pm On Jan 15
Bluntemperor:

Unfortunately,you don't even understand what is at stake or why did you bring in Tinubu here- for a govt that is just 7- Months Old!
Hatred will not kill you!

The question is: Did I lie?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by gnykelly(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:
If the Dangote refinery was built in Niger Delta, there would be no need for shipping, just pipe the crude there.

Niger Delta, una see unasef? Your insecurity is making you lose your birthright!

Dangote refinery was designed not only to refine crude from. Niger delta WHICH bis sweet crude. But also heavy crude from south America and Angola.

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by brightleave(m): 2:52pm On Jan 15
tonicyril:
I don't kuku understand
the ship wey carry the crude oil na big one wey Nigeria no fit get. The ship small well well, e go carry 1 million barrels. Dem dey call that size suez max
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by BloomingDale(f): 2:52pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:
If the Dangote refinery was built in Niger Delta, there would be no need for shipping, just pipe the crude there.

Niger Delta, una see unasef? Your insecurity is making you lose your birthright!

They are only interested in driving keke, especially the university graduates.

4 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by iLegendd(m): 2:54pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:
Many companies moved their headquarters to Lagos when the kidnapping of expatriates intensified around early 2000.

One of the factors in deciding establishment of a production company is nearness to source of raw material. If the Niger Delta is safe, most of these oil companies will not have left and new ones would happily join
You have a point, but it's no longer like that compared to what Boko Haram is doing in the North.

Even with insecurity in Abuja, way worse than the Niger Delta, since 2015, companies and embassies are moving there on a daily basis.

Kidnappers operate in Abuja with ease. In fact, terrorists are in Abuja everyday. Why didn't they move essential establishments out of there?

Militants operated 10-15 years ago and their damages isn't as horrific as Boko Haram has been doing since 2014.

Think about it. If the government and companies are so scared, why not they move all the drilling companies out of the Niger Delta and drill them in Ogun or Lagos so that the Niger Delta can rest?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Ilaje1: 2:57pm On Jan 15
scrupulousblog:
There are just too many lies and deception in Nigerian Government

Since you seem to understand the article, please tell what the article got to do with Nigeria govt? Who stops you from having a vessel business so Dangote can patronize you. It seems you all just like to criticize Nigeria.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Fathai(m): 3:00pm On Jan 15
They are trying to explain why the petrol will be expensive "in advance"
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by DMerciful(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15
Most companies in Abuja are mandated to be there by virtue of Abuja being capital.

I'm from Niger Delta and I feel we're being shortchanged in Nigeria. I recognize that part of the reason is self inflicted while the other part is the insensitivity of the Nigerian state.

Hopefully, there'd be restructuring and resource control some day
iLegendd:
You have a point, but it's no longer like that compared to what Boko Haram is doing in the North.

Even with insecurity in Abuja, way worse than the Niger Delta, since 2015, companies and embassies are moving there on a daily basis.

Kidnappers operate in Abuja with ease. In fact, terrorists are in Abuja everyday. Why didn't they move essential establishments out of there?

Militants operated 10-15 years ago and their damages isn't as horrific as Boko Haram has been doing since 2014.

Think about it. If the government and companies are so scared, why not they move all the drilling companies out of the Niger Delta and drill them in Ogun or Lagos so that the Niger Delta can rest?

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Valuepaints20(m): 3:03pm On Jan 15
Nigeria shall be great. God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by lomprico(m): 3:04pm On Jan 15
Nothing was exposed, we know all along of the criminality going on in the country
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by reddingtonblack: 3:05pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:

Besides insecurity, Major marketers have there depot situated in Lagos, retaining the existing distribution network is cost effective

Dangote refinery is not only for local consumption, therefore closeness to Port is one big advantage for Lagos to Export

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Blitzking: 3:06pm On Jan 15
The need wasn't there b4...but now we have the need...
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Bellotelli: 3:09pm On Jan 15
BUSI107:
that is a welcome development
What is a welcome development?
Anyways, me I'll soon be building an indigenous vessel that can compete on that scale.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Bluntemperor: 3:14pm On Jan 15
Thank you OP,for your exhaustive and detailed information on the so called Shipping Companies and Shipping Businesses in Nigeria.
You remember some years ago,when we used to have National Shipping and Maritime Company majorly based in Apapa and suddenly, Everything fizzled out!
1•You know at that time,we have NLC and their supporters in Maritime Companies,etc We also have the Unions, that threatened Govt-on many occasions but the question is on OP analysis:
2- So, what happened that all those noises were just for selfish and self -serving of Members alone and the Unions cadre,not for Nigerian Masses
3•So,no one and not even the NLC, could ask ,or even task the Govt-on the need to have the Big -Ships and Shipping Company ,with Capacity to deliver on What Dangote now have,just because Nigeria System - never Prepared for greatness like today!
4- So,Dangote's have to be renting these Big-Ships,to function, thereby paying heavily what we Nigerians- should have instead! The Foreign Ships will charge in Dollars ($) at the detriment of Nigeria Naira!
5- What happens to our NNPC leaders foresight -or they are more interested in Importing -Fuels,with other Nations Ships, because it's more lucrative and without the risk of owning Big Ships to the specification of those Ships that can meet Dangote's Refinery business,if only they Could Think Outside the Box!
6• Where are the Shippers Councils ,the NIMATA or what do you call them- under Fed.Govt Appointments?
•Rather than find Solutions to Nigeria Problems, they were busy, fighting, Collecting Union Dues on unnecessary Strikes,etc.
•That is the Shame of a Nation- that is being Exposed by Dangote Refineries Business, because all those who knows what to do, were busy looking elsewhere!
God bless Dangote!
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by SavageMaster: 3:20pm On Jan 15
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-dangote-refinery-exposed-nigerias-shipping-inadequacies/

When I went to Apapa port two years ago on a posting, we were not allowed to enter the ship. We only stood close to it and took pictures.

I was sad and angry at first but we were told the ships belonged to foreigners and there was nothing we could do about it.

There was no single ship owned by a Nigerian.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by igbsam(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15
No airline national carrier, no maritime shipping line for crude oil. Abeg wetin Nigerian gan dey do sef ?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Kingrshd3: 3:36pm On Jan 15
Ajehkpako4naija:
Abeg Dangote reduce fuel to 200/litre that is all I want to hear from you, not all these useless news to give hopelessness

Simple as ABC we don't want to hear another new lies again period 😡
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Eriokanmi: 3:38pm On Jan 15
DMerciful:

You have a point but what happens to the Ondo oil wells? There are oil companies there drilling as well. Obat Oil, Agip shell and Chevron used to be there. Dangote can still tap from there and lay pipes across the coastal lines directly to his refineries.

Maybe he's afraid of the cost implications in the laying of the pipes, vandalism too.

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by PHAYOL81: 3:43pm On Jan 15
I expect a change of that in close future as some big players are expected to step up or take up the opportunity to invest largely in logistics opportunities opened up by the commencement of production at the facility.

MORE WINS AHEAD

WE RISE!

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by ElSudani: 3:43pm On Jan 15
kenny714433:
Not only owning a ship, building one too. I do watch on Discovery ID how most Singapore companies build those extremely mighty ship and I can't just help but marvel.

I saw one documentary how Palm oil is being shipped from Malaysia, the risk navigating the sea and all the technology involved. Forget it, we still have a very long way to go as a country.

Besides, if someone from Nigeria owned ship with such capacity, what would he be shipping with it? Maybe register with NNPC to be shipping crude oil?

I have seen some folks on Nairaland who argue we should forget building steel plants because according to them, it is cheaper to Import from China.
How do we get to this level of technological development without steel plants?

1 Like

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Timmi: 3:45pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:
How Dangote refinery exposed the lies of Buhari and Tinubu's government ...

Brandaniel, I guess your brain is wired to always see the negative in all positive news. You must create your own negative narrative to get "likes" from your Obizombie followers.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Brendaniel: 3:48pm On Jan 15
Timmi:

Brandaniel, I guess your brain is wired to always see the negative in all positive news. You must create your own negative narrative to get "likes" from your Obizombie followers.

So speaking the truth is now negativity to you.. na wa o...
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Golan007: 3:49pm On Jan 15
scrupulousblog:
There are just too many lies and deception in Nigerian Government

Go school, you no go gree.

Na to dey share your ignorance in your echo chamber.

2 Likes

Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15
I don't understand. We just want to know if price of fuel will reduce
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by safetyInspector(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15
I don't understand this Dangote Refinery, Is he importing crude? Thought that he will get crude locally?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Thabothabo101: 3:57pm On Jan 15
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-dangote-refinery-exposed-nigerias-shipping-inadequacies/

This post contains a lot of unnecessary words and phrases that are repeated throughout the text. It would benefit from some editing to make it more concise and clear.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:03pm On Jan 15
safetyInspector:
I don't understand this Dangote Refinery, Is he importing crude? Thought that he will get crude locally?

He gets crude locally from Agbami offshore oil field

Now answer this question, if you want to transport a large size of crude from an offshore oil field to Lagos, how would you do it?
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Timmi: 4:05pm On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

So speaking the truth is now negativity to you.. na wa o...

So what is your truth brother Brendaniel.
Re: How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies by Greenback: 4:07pm On Jan 15
This is the same Aminu,owner of sea transport who owes his crew months of salaries despite working so hard and he is even the president of shippers council!

Most shipping companies in Nigeria are owned by northerners.
The south own the coasts but barely have anything to show.

the northern run past military govt awarded these guys enough dough to run things .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Uncovers Major Bomb-making Factory, Arrests Terrorist Leader / ISWAP-Boko Haram Appoints New Commanders, Imposes Taxes After Military Attacks / Lagos Traders Lament Market Closure, Appeal To Sanwo-Olu For Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.