Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,561 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife (60338 Views)

Loved-up Photo Of Olu Jacobs And Joke Silva / Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs / Olusoji Jacobs To Wed Boma Douglas (Pre Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Fineman2: 5:32pm On Jan 15
Ace Nollywood actress and movie director, Joke Silva, has said it has not been easy managing the health challenges of her husband and eminent actor, Olu Jacobs.

The frontline actor has been battling dementia for some time.

Silva spoke on the health challenges of her thespian husband in an interview with another media personality and actress Nancy Isime

She said her husband’s poor health had changed him significantly, adding that Olu Jacobs is no longer the man she walked down the aisle with 37 years ago.

It hasn’t been easy. There was a point of acceptance for me that everything happening is reality. It is like the person I married, 80 per cent of the time, is no longer there.

“But the thing is this: when he was there, he was an incredible father to his children and an amazing husband. He was practically my best friend.”

Silva said despite her husband’s health challenge, she has not stopped loving him.

The husband I knew is no longer there for me. This man that is here is someone I still love, but love in a different way,” she said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/80-of-olu-jacobs-time-no-longer-here-says-wife

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Fineman2: 5:32pm On Jan 15
I miss the real Olu Jacobs, his wife is a wonderful woman.

Here's his biography

Olu Jacobs real name Oludotun Baiyewu Jacobs is a Nollywood veteran actor, was born to parents from Egba Alake Ogun state ,South West Nigeria

born 11 July 1942)

He spent his early childhood in Kano and attended Holy Trinity School where he was a member of the debating and drama societies

He was inspired to take a chance with acting when he attended one of Chief Hubert Ogunde's annual concert party at Colonial Hotel in Kano.

Afterwards, he secured a visa and travelled to England to study acting.

In England, Jacobs trained at The Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London. One of his earliest stage roles was to play the part of The Boy in 'A Taste of Honey' at the newly opened Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, in 1972. He then appeared in various British television shows and series in the 1970s (including The Goodies, Till Death Us Do Part, Barlow at Large, The Venturers, Angels, 1990, The Tomorrow People and The Professionals).

In 1978, he played the role of President Mageeba in Michael Codron's presentation of Sir Tom Stoppard's play Night and Day.

In the 1980s Jacobs appeared in several international films, including John Irvin's war film The Dogs of War, Roman Polanski's adventure-comedy Pirates (1986) and the family-adventure film Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985)

Jacobs is married to Nollywood actress Joke Silva since 1989. They have children.

The actor has acted in over 200 movies both locally and internationally. He also starred in several British television series before he returned to Nigeria to act in the Nollywood industry.

Awards and Recognition
Veteran actor, Olu Jacobs is a multi-award winner both locally and internationally for his professional achievements.

Some of the awards and recognition the popular and well-loved actor has received throughout his acting careers are listed below:

Most Prominent Actor in Nigeria at the African Magic viewers choice awards
Best Actor of the year at the Golden Icon Movie Academy Awards
Best Actor in a Lead Role, ‘Dancing Heart’ African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2007
National Honours of Member of the Federal Republic (MFR), President Goodluck Jonathan, 2011
Merit Award for Outstanding Achievement in Acting, Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, 2013
City People Movie, Life Time Achievement Award, 2015
Nollywood most promising Actor in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards, 2015
Lifetime Achievement Awards along with his wife, Joke, Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2016
Best Actor in a Supporting Role, ‘Oloibiri’ African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2017
Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to the movie industry at the AFRIFF Globe Awards, 2021

Some of the movies he has acted in over the years are listed below:

Days of Gloom
Sacred lies
The Royal Hibiscus hotel
The seekers
Dry
Pirates
The Dogs of War
Ashanti
Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
Potomanto
Piece of my Soul
League of Gentlemen
A Can of Worms
Aba Riot
Mission To Africa
Unconditional Love
Private Sin
House Party
To love a Stranger
Soul on Fire
Arsenal
The God to Serve
The kingmaker
A time to Die
One Bullet
Jealous Heart
Royal Doom
Slave to Lust
Secret Pledge
Show Me, Heaven
The professionals
The last Vote
Before the Sunrise
21 days with Christ
Beauty and the Beast
Hidden Treasure
The Antique
Obstacles
Dancing Heart
Dear Sister
Kingdom Apart
Omaliko
Onome
Heroes and Zeros
Unveil
Women in Poer
Ultimate Crisis
Eye of the Gods
Turn Table
Real Love

308 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Jeon(f): 5:36pm On Jan 15
Fineman2:
I miss the real Olu Jacobs, his wife is a wonderful woman

Yes, because he is a wonderful husband and a good man not to his wife alone, but to others .

This is why you should plan ahead..
You must harvest your seeds your planted, lik it or not.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Righteousness2(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15
The Greatest thing you can do for pa olu jacob is to lead him to make Genuie peace with JESUS CHRIST.

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Fineman2: 5:40pm On Jan 15
Jeon:

Yes, because he is a wonderful husband and a good man not to his wife alone, but to others .

This is why you should plan ahead..
You must harvest your seeds your planted, lik it or not.
I agree with you jeon

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Fineman2: 5:41pm On Jan 15
Righteousness2:
The Greatest thing you can do for pa olu jacob is to lead him to make Genuie peace with JESUS CHRIST.
are you saying he's an unbeliever

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Jeon(f): 5:42pm On Jan 15
Righteousness2:
Why can't you lead him since you've been in genuine peace with Jesus Christ, for a long decades ?.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Fineman2: 5:47pm On Jan 15
Jeon:

Why can't you lead him since you've been in genuine peace with Jesus Christ, for a long decades ?.
abi oo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Solofresh2: 6:07pm On Jan 15
Issoryt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Dougad: 6:12pm On Jan 15
Very sad.

I think the same thing is also happening to Bruce Willis

It's a very sad way to go and I hear it's also painful.

17 Likes

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by thesicilian: 6:12pm On Jan 15

“But the thing is this: when he was there, he was an incredible father to his children and an amazing husband. He was practically my best friend.”
Speaking of the living as if he's already dead is a no no for me.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Judolisco(m): 6:12pm On Jan 15
Omo.. Why u come dey tell us... Some things are better left unsaid... I'm sure your husband wouldn't have said the same thing about you

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by viodemus: 6:13pm On Jan 15
Solid actor. From 3rd eye days. I small but I dey watch that thing with my older siblings and uncles.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Risingblue008(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15
He's an example of an ACTOR
not all these kpako actors now wey go act one film push drugs

Na man olu-j be

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by datola: 6:13pm On Jan 15
It is well ma

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by viodemus: 6:14pm On Jan 15
Solid actor. From 3rd eye days. I small but I dey watch that thing with my older siblings and uncles.

May God bless him and heal him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Offpoint1: 6:14pm On Jan 15
Life happens, what matters now is the memories you've created with him.

6 Likes

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by gbolswag(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15
Old age sha

3 Likes

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by StormpyBee: 6:14pm On Jan 15
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by ATEAMS: 6:14pm On Jan 15
Them no dey digg two grave for old age .
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by chinavs9ja(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15
Chai

I am a professional website developer and android app developer...Kindly check my signature

2 Likes

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by akpumping7720(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15
Baba don old

3 Likes

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Cruise777: 6:15pm On Jan 15
cool

My father said a prayer and I refuse to answer

He said Let God take him away before my mum

Then he explained that, only my mum cooks his meal as he like, manages his affairs and take care of him

Imagine Olu Jacob with dementia and no loving woman

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Odogwuzack: 6:15pm On Jan 15
People age differently.

Sometimes growing old can be very scary. cool

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by saxahe33: 6:16pm On Jan 15
It really not easy been with a sick one

8 Likes

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by ednut1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15
If you marry an older man than you. This is expected . If i ever get to this stage i prefer euthanasia o.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by maxiuc(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15
embarassed

The moment I clock 75yrs any other Year na add ons and I don't want to live More than 80yrs

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by StemCellTherapi(m): 6:17pm On Jan 15
Joke Silva should give him Plant Stem Cell Therapy (PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy).

I had a patient who had Dementia in Canada. Doctors had given up hope on the patient. She was taken home.

We started her on our brand of Plant Stem Cell Therapy which is PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy and the patient started recovering o.

It was a gradual process till she fully recovered still on the therapy.

Recovering can take a whole year or 2 sef.

This is where patience comes in.

Dementia is Degenerative Disease where brain cells are dead which leads to loss of memory.

PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy is a Regenerative Therapy (Regenerative Medicine).

It works by Regenerating the Cells in every part of the body. Every Dead Cell in the body will be Regenerated.

Once his Cells (Brain Cells) are Regenerated, he will be fine.

They should try other means. There is still hope.

Stem Cell Therapy works.

If u think I'm lying, ask Buhari.

I'm out abeg.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by ImoleNaija: 6:17pm On Jan 15
But the thing is this: when he was there, he was an incredible father to his children and an amazing husband. He was practically my best friend.

This must be his saving grace. That's why it's good to gain the love & trust of one's partner.

May God strengthen the couple.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alexx Ekubo Receives Range Rover Autobiography Gift From Friend (Photos, Video) / Mercy Johnson Returns To Movie Set, Flaunts Hot Boobs On Set (photos) / Check Out Picture Of Tiwa Savage In The 1980’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.