Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife (60406 Views)

Loved-up Photo Of Olu Jacobs And Joke Silva / Uche, Pete Edochie's Son Spends N6M Treating COVID-19 That Damaged 80% Of Lungs / Olusoji Jacobs To Wed Boma Douglas (Pre Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Emman08: 12:50am On Jan 16
How painful it is to see someone you've loved and been with for so many years slowly lose their minds.. heartbreaking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by zegmart: 1:02am On Jan 16
You cannot plan enough for life. Just pray, work and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Swiftgrp: 1:43am On Jan 16
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by CJStarz: 2:41am On Jan 16
Very unnecessary interview on her part.
As a wife,nurse your husband with love and respect his privacy,no dey talk as if na burden u dey carry. Everytime chochochoo... abi na sympathy u dey find?

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by YorubaLord: 3:20am On Jan 16
I remember his late 80's investigative series, The third eye. Very interesting series back then. cool

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by fineboynl(m): 3:28am On Jan 16
COMPAQ:

Lol, my parents are both dead! We are too emotional in this part of the world. In Nigeria a 90year old would be in vegetative state on permanent bed rest, but the Nigerian will be entering debt to continue to keep the man alive.

In Europe, in the same situation the Doctors will ask if you want to pull the plug and many will say yes. How can you ruin yourself trying to keep a 90 year old person alive!! if I had the resource of Michael Schumacher then fine!
you are still on nairaland. Is been long.

African family want people to die by themselves. No interference.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Originalsly: 3:44am On Jan 16
Should we really know about this? .... why volunteer all this personal information especially when he has no clue what's happening? I'm seeing this as her promoting herself as a loving and caring and dedicated wife. Maybe she is beginning to go same route since this drawing attention to oneself is one of the early signs of dementia... or maybe this is as a result of the stress managing him. Dementia victims can be extremely hard to manage. I wish her the best and the strength to hold on to keep on doing what she's doing.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by BluntCrazeMan: 5:12am On Jan 16
Fineman2:

https://thenationonlineng.net/80-of-olu-jacobs-time-no-longer-here-says-wife
May he recover soon..

I can relate.
The thing is not easy at-all.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by BluntCrazeMan: 5:15am On Jan 16
thesicilian:

Speaking of the living as if he's already dead is a no no for me.
You won't understand..

If Joke wasn't crying while saying all those, then she's a very strong woman.
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Lexusgs430: 6:13am On Jan 16
Dementia is a very bad disease........ Be good to your family, when you have the health and might........👌

Tomorrow, you might need them like air...... 😉😂
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Lexusgs430: 6:15am On Jan 16
Originalsly:
Should we really know about this? .... why volunteer all this personal information especially when he has no clue what's happening? I'm seeing this as her promoting herself as a loving and caring and dedicated wife. Maybe she is beginning to go same route since this drawing attention to oneself is one of the early signs of dementia... or maybe this is as a result of the stress managing him. Dementia victims can be extremely hard to manage. I wish her the best and the strength to hold on to keep on doing what she's doing.

Speaking out, is another form of healing and acceptance..... He is not going to get any better.... She is slowly accepting her faith.....

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Emekajohn66: 6:15am On Jan 16
Am interested
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Lexusgs430: 6:16am On Jan 16
BluntCrazeMan:
May he recover soon..

I can relate.
The thing is not easy at-all.

You think he can recover from dementia......

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by popesco123: 6:35am On Jan 16
Please drop your contact. You make sense

quote author=StemCellTherapi post=127957929]Joke Silva should give him Plant Stem Cell Therapy (PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy).

I had a patient who had Dementia in Canada. Doctors had given up hope on the patient. She was taken home.

We started her on our brand of Plant Stem Cell Therapy which is PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy and the patient started recovering o.

It was a gradual process till she fully recovered still on the therapy.

Recovering can take a whole year or 2 sef.

This is where patience comes in.

Dementia is Degenerative Disease where brain cells are dead which leads to loss of memory.

PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy is a Regenerative Therapy (Regenerative Medicine).

It works by Regenerating the Cells in every part of the body. Every Dead Cell in the body will be Regenerated.

Once his Cells (Brain Cells) are Regenerated, he will be fine.

They should try other means. There is still hope.

Stem Cell Therapy works.

If u think I'm lying, ask Buhari.

I'm out abeg.

[/quote]
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by ColonelMichael: 6:42am On Jan 16
StemCellTherapi:
Joke Silva should give him Plant Stem Cell Therapy (PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy).

I had a patient who had Dementia in Canada. Doctors had given up hope on the patient. She was taken home.

We started her on our brand of Plant Stem Cell Therapy which is PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy and the patient started recovering o.

It was a gradual process till she fully recovered still on the therapy.

Recovering can take a whole year or 2 sef.

This is where patience comes in.

Dementia is Degenerative Disease where brain cells are dead which leads to loss of memory.

PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy is a Regenerative Therapy (Regenerative Medicine).

It works by Regenerating the Cells in every part of the body. Every Dead Cell in the body will be Regenerated.

Once his Cells (Brain Cells) are Regenerated, he will be fine.

They should try other means. There is still hope.

Stem Cell Therapy works.

If u think I'm lying, ask Buhari.

I'm out abeg.

ONCE IT COMES TO SELLING WHATEVER YOU GUYS ARE SELLING YOU BLOW ALL SORTS OF BS, so brain cells can repair back after damage?

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by BluntCrazeMan: 6:44am On Jan 16
Lexusgs430:

You think he can recover from dementia......

I know someone who recovered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by HRMK: 6:44am On Jan 16
BUT HOW OLD IS OLU JACOBS?IS JOKE SILVA THE ONLY LADY HE EVER GOT MARRIED TO?WHY ARE HIS COLLEAGUES IN THE INDUSTRY NOT ASSISTING HIS WIFE SAME WAY OTHERS ARE BN ASSISTED FINANCIALLY?OR THEY EXPECT HER TO COME TO THEM WITH CAP IN HAND?TOO BAD!
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by onitshaman: 6:54am On Jan 16
Fineman2:
abi oo
He said something good, making peace with Jesus Christ is not an insult, so you people should stop acting like Muslims.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by obesse: 7:47am On Jan 16
Intrepid01:

Your post is full of assumptions. Mind you, the first on the list of wining your children’s love as a Father, is treating their mum right. Most children won’t forgive a man who treated their mum wrongly regardless.
You have not really experienced women. Did you say you can win your children over by treating their mom right? I have seen up to 50 men who treated their wives right, infact, they became Mumu for their wives; yet when they became old, they lived a life if regret because the wives turned the children against their fathers.
Just bookmark this thread and when you become older, or when your so-called wife shows you her true colour, then you will remember I told you so.
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Christlike01: 7:48am On Jan 16
PrincessofDSS:
I won’t stop loving this Olu J, my favorite actor and always will be

I wish all Yorubas are like him,

Tribal bigot !
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by obesse: 7:49am On Jan 16
obesse:

Without a doubt, you are a Simp. Secondly, you have not really experienced women. Did you say you can win your children over by treating their mom right? I have seen up to 50 men who treated their wives right, infact, they became Mumu for their wives; yet when they became old, they lived a life if regret because the wives turned the children against their fathers.
Just bookmark this thread and when you become older, or when your so-called wife shows you her true colour, then you will remember I told you so.
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Jan 16
BluntCrazeMan:

Was this person medically diagnosed.......
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by BALLOSKI: 8:13am On Jan 16
I like that man!
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by BluntCrazeMan: 8:23am On Jan 16
Lexusgs430:

Was this person medically diagnosed.......
Dementia is a condition caused by some diseases..

Alzheimer's Disease was diagnosed.
It wasn't fully cured, but it was kept under control with medicine and care.
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by obesse: 8:46am On Jan 16
And speaking about dementia and other chronic diseases, this is for people in their 40s, 50s, 60s and even 70s.
The most effective way to significantly reduce the risk of dementia, parkinson's, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, stroke, ulcer(yes ulcer!)
hypertension, and all forms of cancer is Water fasting! No food, but clean water.
People who know about this therapy water fast for 3 days, 7 days, 14 days and even 30 days, depending on their ability. But you need to add some salt to your water to prevent electrolyte imbalance.
If you have not fasted before, start with 1 day water fast. The first 3 days are the hardest. After that, things get better. Try to reduce your level of physical activity, because you will feel weak or might feel dizzy.
Currently, I do the 7 days water fasting every month, and my weight has reduced to the normal level(from 100kg to 77kg).
The reason water fasting can heal the body is that it triggers Autophagy. When you deprive your body of food, the body would start feeding on the fat stored in your body, then it would start eliminating old and weak cells, which usually lead to cancel and replace them with new and effective cells. The brain will clear out malfunctioning cells(which can cause dementia and Alzheimer's disease) and creat new and better cells.
Also, long term water fasting can help your body develop Stem Cells(which somebody mentioned earlier on this thread).
If you like you can take multivitamins during the fast.
WARNING: If you want to break a fast, take it slowly, because the digestive system has been on break and your stomach is smaller. If you take solid food after a long term fast, it might kill the person. Don't start with acidic fruit like Apple. But watermelon is excellent to break a fast. Then after 30 minutes, you may take a little soup. Some people take up to three days before they start taking solid food after about 21 days of fasting.
God is great for He has given us an internal mechanism by which our bodies can self-heal, and we can be healthy and live longer.
Respect to all the Medical practitioners on Nairaland. We all appreciate the tireless efforts you make to heal the sick. However, if there is anything that is incorrect or false in my write up, please don't hesitate to point it out on this forum.
Thank you all!
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by obesse: 9:14am On Jan 16
obesse:
And speaking about dementia and other chronic diseases, this is for people in their 40s, 50s, 60s and even 70s.
The most effective way to significantly reduce the risk of dementia, parkinson's, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, stroke, ulcer(yes ulcer!)
hypertension, and all forms of cancer is Water fasting! No food, but clean water.
People who know about this therapy water fast for 3 days, 7 days, 14 days and even 30 days, depending on their ability. But you need to add some salt to your water to prevent electrolyte imbalance.
If you have not fasted before, start with 1 day water fast. The first 3 days are the hardest. After that, things get better. Try to reduce your level of physical activity, because you will feel weak or might feel dizzy.
Currently, I do the 7 days water fasting every month, and my weight has reduced to the normal level(from 100kg to 77kg).
The reason water fasting can heal the body is that it triggers Autophagy. When you deprive your body of food, the body would start feeding on the fat stored in your body, then it would start eliminating old and weak cells, which usually lead to cancel and replace them with new and effective cells. The brain will clear out malfunctioning cells(which can cause dementia and Alzheimer's disease) and creat new and better cells.
Also, long term water fasting can help your body develop Stem Cells(which somebody mentioned earlier on this thread).
If you like you can take multivitamins during the fast.
WARNING: If you want to break a fast, take it slowly, because the digestive system has been on break and your stomach is smaller. If you take solid food after a long term fast, it might kill the person. Don't start with acidic fruit like Apple. But watermelon is excellent to break a fast. Then after 30 minutes, you may take a little soup. Some people take up to three days before they start taking solid food after about 21 days of fasting.
God is great for He has given us an internal mechanism by which our bodies can self-heal, and we can be healthy and live longer.
Respect to all the Medical practitioners on Nairaland. We all appreciate the tireless efforts you make to heal the sick. However, if there is anything that is incorrect or false in my write up, please don't hesitate to point it out on this forum.
Thank you all!
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Originalsly: 9:22am On Jan 16
Lexusgs430:

Speaking out, is another form of healing and acceptance..... He is not going to get any better.... She is slowly accepting her faith.....

I hear you .... but she already did because she said "there was a point of acceptance for me ...". But no doubt ... some people do speak out for the reasons you stated.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Lexusgs430: 10:07am On Jan 16
BluntCrazeMan:
Dementia is a condition caused by some diseases..

Alzheimer's Disease was diagnosed.
It wasn't fully cured, but it was kept under control with medicine and care.

So are you now retracting your original answer........😁😜
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by BluntCrazeMan: 10:29am On Jan 16
Lexusgs430:

So are you now retracting your original answer........😁😜
Recovery and Cure;; are they the same thing??
(Check out for yourself and respond if you wish)

Have a nice day
Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by Umuinyioku: 11:41am On Jan 16
Fineman2:
I miss the real Olu Jacobs, his wife is a wonderful woman.

Here's his biography

Olu Jacobs real name Oludotun Baiyewu Jacobs is a Nollywood veteran actor, was born to parents from Egba Alake Ogun state ,South West Nigeria

born 11 July 1942)

He spent his early childhood in Kano and attended Holy Trinity School where he was a member of the debating and drama societies

He was inspired to take a chance with acting when he attended one of Chief Hubert Ogunde's annual concert party at Colonial Hotel in Kano.

Afterwards, he secured a visa and travelled to England to study acting.

In England, Jacobs trained at The Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London. One of his earliest stage roles was to play the part of The Boy in 'A Taste of Honey' at the newly opened Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, in 1972. He then appeared in various British television shows and series in the 1970s (including The Goodies, Till Death Us Do Part, Barlow at Large, The Venturers, Angels, 1990, The Tomorrow People and The Professionals).

In 1978, he played the role of President Mageeba in Michael Codron's presentation of Sir Tom Stoppard's play Night and Day.

In the 1980s Jacobs appeared in several international films, including John Irvin's war film The Dogs of War, Roman Polanski's adventure-comedy Pirates (1986) and the family-adventure film Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (1985)

Jacobs is married to Nollywood actress Joke Silva since 1989. They have children.

The actor has acted in over 200 movies both locally and internationally. He also starred in several British television series before he returned to Nigeria to act in the Nollywood industry.

Awards and Recognition
Veteran actor, Olu Jacobs is a multi-award winner both locally and internationally for his professional achievements.

Some of the awards and recognition the popular and well-loved actor has received throughout his acting careers are listed below:

Most Prominent Actor in Nigeria at the African Magic viewers choice awards
Best Actor of the year at the Golden Icon Movie Academy Awards
Best Actor in a Lead Role, ‘Dancing Heart’ African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2007
National Honours of Member of the Federal Republic (MFR), President Goodluck Jonathan, 2011
Merit Award for Outstanding Achievement in Acting, Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards, 2013
City People Movie, Life Time Achievement Award, 2015
Nollywood most promising Actor in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards, 2015
Lifetime Achievement Awards along with his wife, Joke, Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2016
Best Actor in a Supporting Role, ‘Oloibiri’ African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), 2017
Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to the movie industry at the AFRIFF Globe Awards, 2021

Some of the movies he has acted in over the years are listed below:

Days of Gloom
Sacred lies
The Royal Hibiscus hotel
The seekers
Dry
Pirates
The Dogs of War
Ashanti
Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
Potomanto
Piece of my Soul
League of Gentlemen
A Can of Worms
Aba Riot
Mission To Africa
Unconditional Love
Private Sin
House Party
To love a Stranger
Soul on Fire
Arsenal
The God to Serve
The kingmaker
A time to Die
One Bullet
Jealous Heart
Royal Doom
Slave to Lust
Secret Pledge
Show Me, Heaven
The professionals
The last Vote
Before the Sunrise
21 days with Christ
Beauty and the Beast
Hidden Treasure
The Antique
Obstacles
Dancing Heart
Dear Sister
Kingdom Apart
Omaliko
Onome
Heroes and Zeros
Unveil
Women in Poer
Ultimate Crisis
Eye of the Gods
Turn Table
Real Love
Thanks for the insight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by KarinaSlim(f): 12:36pm On Jan 16
ColonelMichael:

ONCE IT COMES TO SELLING WHATEVER YOU GUYS ARE SELLING YOU BLOW ALL SORTS OF BS, so brain cells can repair back after damage?

I will assume u didn't finish secondary school and during that time, u were sleeping during your Biology class and coming out into real world, u developed zero research skills.

Becos if u didn't, u would know that the Cells in the human body die every single day as u age.

And Yes, including your Brain Cells.

And they can Regenerate themselves to form other healthy cells and Repair damaged tissues in the body.

Incase u don't know what tissues are, they are made up of CELLS.

So before you bash someone who is clearly trying to create awareness on something that can save a life.

Use ur brain if u even have one with it's cells in place.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Olu Jacobs Time No Longer Here, Says Wife by obesse: 1:56pm On Jan 16
KarinaSlim:

I will assume u didn't finish secondary school and during that time, u were sleeping during your Biology class and coming out into real world, u developed zero research skills.

Becos if u didn't, u would know that the Cells in the human body die every single day as u age.

And Yes, including your Brain Cells.

And they can Regenerate themselves to form other healthy cells and Repair damaged tissues in the body.

Incase u don't know what tissues are, they are made up of CELLS.

So before you bash someone who is clearly trying to create awareness on something that can save a life.

Use ur brain if u even have one with it's cells in place.

This is quite true!
Cells die daily as human beings age, new ones are created, old and poor functioning cells can be recycled or ejected from the body(including the brain) through the process of Autophagy, which I explained earlier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dike Shows Herself Bathing In Her Bathroom / BBNaija’s Kiddwaya Blasts The Use Of Stone To Hold Buhari's Stage In Lagos (Pix) / Monalisa Chinda Sexy In Her Kitchen (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.