Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad (12426 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 5:42pm On Jan 15
Hello Nairalanders,

So recently I got a job which office is situated on the island of Lagos but I live on the mainland. My current job is also on the island but it is hybrid which makes me convenient for me to do some little errands to earn money to survive.

The problem is that the pay in the offer letter which is between 100 to 110k is not what we discussed during the interview, it is half of the amount I told them. I am about to reject the offer as I can't keep up with it and I am planning to reject it politely.

If I remove daily transport and feeding from it, I will be  less with less than 15k and this is not a 3 square meal routine. It is barely a 2 square meal on a 1k per day. Tfare will take me like 1700 per day and it means I can't save any dime on this money.

My current job expires this month and the pay is the same with this new one but just that it is hybrid, I don't have to go to work everyday as I can work from home and also go to office. It is favourable as I could save some money and also attend to the responsibilities on my neck like house rent, utility bills, and family things, mind you, I am not married and I do not have a girlfriend.

Also I am running an ICAN programme that will consume money and time but the issue is that the money offered by this new job can only cover up for my tfare and feeding...

I am about to reject the offer but I need nairalanders opinion, am I making the right decision?

I am still applying for more role... I work as a finance personnel and I have more than a year experience.

To be honest, my interest would have to secure a position in an auditing firm as a trainee. I have no experience in auditing but I want to build a career in this profession before I finish my ICAN programme but the problem is that I am yet to get the opportunity.

I am a fast learner as in very fast learner,Communicate excellently, pay attention to details and I enjoy multitasking.

Please advise me before I reject this offer

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 5:44pm On Jan 15
I have few hours to respond to the offer..

Is it right if I state my reason of rejection due to salary expectations?

Rubyjade iyatola your expertise will be appreciated
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Tracka: 5:48pm On Jan 15
Your current job is expiring and I think you should accept this one only if you will have time to look for another one, one bird in hand is better than the 100 in the bush

27 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Aonkuuse(m): 5:51pm On Jan 15
Accept this one then you will look for another one, or you want to be jobless after the current one expires?

9 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 6:00pm On Jan 15
Tracka:
Your current job is expiring and I think you should accept this one only if you will have time to look for another one, one bird in hand is better than the 100 in the bush

Hmmm.. Do you think it's okay for me to work and not have anything to save?

This job is 9 to 5.... Which means I might have to get home late at times to rush early to work.

It's nt that I can't do it but there is no way I would be able to foot my other responsibilities if I accept this job.. And it's everyday job

3 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 6:01pm On Jan 15
Aonkuuse:
Accept this one then you will look for another one, or you want to be jobless after the current one expires?

Thanks for ur advise... But i still don't think it's wise..

Accepting this might deny me of being available if others show.... Except they can increase the salary... I can't work and not be able to save... I am running a programme that consumes money and time..

I don't want regret

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Solofresh2: 6:01pm On Jan 15
If you have any problem with your current job,accept the new one
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 6:57pm On Jan 15
Nairalander, I need your view please

Royalroy
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 7:35pm On Jan 15
Seun mynd44 Dominique justwise oam4j lalasticlala nlfpmod Mukina2 odewaleodesoye Fergie

Please help push this to front page..

Thanks
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by fyzaila: 8:07pm On Jan 15
You currently job that is expiring, is it renewable? If yes, continue with it and forget about the new one. If no, just accept the new offer and be managing it pending when you get a better one. Bad as e bad you will still chop something from the 100k in the new job.

6 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 9:19pm On Jan 15
Seun mynd44 Dominique justwise oam4j lalasticlala nlfpmod Mukina2 odewaleodesoye Fergie001
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 9:19pm On Jan 15
fyzaila:
You currently job that is expiring, is it renewable? If yes, continue with it and forget about the new one. If no, just accept the new offer and be managing it pending when you get a better one. Bad as e bad you will still chop something from the 100k in the new job.

Jsut to chop... Not even to save money at all?
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by GoldenJAT(m): 9:58pm On Jan 15
Nawa for you Mr Poster! You asked for possible suggestions, you were given very good ones, yet you de counter all!
Do wetin de ur mind then!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Souzin: 3:51am On Jan 16
It is not an easy decision
But I hope you think it through
Had to quit my job where I was using most of my salary on transport alone...
I'll tell you, the debt I acquired in that period ehn...
It will make you miserable, that is certain

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by GboyegaD(m): 3:56am On Jan 16
Bring it to their attention that what they are offering is totally different t from what was agreed and you need them to review the salary upward.

If you accept without complaining, they could half the salary at pay time since you have made it known you need them for your survival.

25 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by IyaTola: 8:22am On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

So recently I got a job which office is situated on the island of Lagos but I live on the mainland. My current job is also on the island but it is hybrid which makes me convenient for me to do some little errands to earn money to survive.

The problem is that the pay in the offer letter which is between 100 to 110k is not what we discussed during the interview, it is half of the amount I told them. I am about to reject the offer as I can't keep up with it and I am planning to reject it politely.

If I remove daily transport and feeding from it, I will be  less with less than 15k and this is not a 3 square meal routine. It is barely a 2 square meal on a 1k per day. Tfare will take me like 1700 per day and it means I can't save any dime on this money.

My current job expires this month and the pay is the same with this new one but just that it is hybrid, I don't have to go to work everyday as I can work from home and also go to office. It is favourable as I could save some money and also attend to the responsibilities on my neck like house rent, utility bills, and family things, mind you, I am not married and I do not have a girlfriend.

Also I am running an ICAN programme that will consume money and time but the issue is that the money offered by this new job can only cover up for my tfare and feeding...

I am about to reject the offer but I need nairalanders opinion, am I making the right decision?

I am still applying for more role... I work as a finance personnel and I have more than a year experience.

To be honest, my interest would have to secure a position in an auditing firm as a trainee. I have no experience in auditing but I want to build a career in this profession before I finish my ICAN programme but the problem is that I am yet to get the opportunity.

I am a fast learner as in very fast learner,Communicate excellently, pay attention to details and I enjoy multitasking.

Please advise me before I reject this offer
Reject it on the ground that what you agree with the is not what's stated on the offer,seems like a place where you will regret working. You will get another job

10 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Joboffer24: 9:59am On Jan 16
IyaTola:
Reject it on the ground that what you agree with the is not what's stated on the offer,seems like a place where you will regret working. You will get another job

Thanks for understanding me..

I really appreciate

4 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Skyfornia(m): 1:04pm On Jan 16
Getting a N60k job very close to you where you won't have to pay transport is better than receiving N100k a month and spending almost 80k on transport and feeding.

10 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by GRACEGLORY: 1:06pm On Jan 16
It's never a good idea to accept a job offer out of desperation.

If the pay is less than you prefer for the position, you should turn it down. You might receive a larger pay if you decline the offer in addition to possibly avoiding an underpaid position.

Reject it politely, let them know your reasons. That could give you an edge and earn you a better pay and respect. Employers in Nigeria take advantage of job seekers as they know they are desperate.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Offpoint1: 1:06pm On Jan 16
v
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by money121(m): 1:09pm On Jan 16
Ok
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by SmartyPants(m): 1:10pm On Jan 16
Your estimates seem off.

If your transport to and from work is 1,700 daily, and you use 1k to eat daily, assuming there are 22 working days in a month (which is the highest it can ever be), and you eat daily, that gives a total spend of N68,400.00. At N100k, your balance should be N31,600.00.

OP accept this job and look for another.

4 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Skillsnigeria: 1:10pm On Jan 16
Hmmm
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Chris2863(m): 1:11pm On Jan 16
Nah you dey seek for advise, nah you still dey advise people wey dey advise you on the right thing to do grin grin grin. You are not serious walai

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Appswheel(m): 1:13pm On Jan 16
Option 1
Accept the job and actively seek for a better one.

Option 2
Write a mail to them requesting they increase the pay to N150K. State that it is your minimum expectation to cover for your transport and meet basic needs.

Option 3
Decline the job, continue with your hustle and seek for a better opportunity.

5 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Westerhoffe(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16
OP, what's on your mind?

You have given a good reason to turn down the offer… so, I don't see why you should ask for advice anymore.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by tonyblair4life(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16
Reject the offer so you can have the time and ginger to look for a better offer.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by naturefellow(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16
GboyegaD:
Bring it to their attention that what they are offering is totally different t from what was agreed and you need them to review the salary upward.

If you accept without complaining, they could half the salary at pay time since you have made it known you need them for your survival.
wise input!

OP, no gree for them. They pulling a fast one on you.

Decline the job, expressly stating your reasons. They may adjust your remuneration to what was originally agreed. Don't settle for less, accepting crumbs whilst missing better opportunities that might come along. Yes, it's a risk. But there'll be rewards.

Sounds like you're someone that knows his worth.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Watinhapen(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16
If you know that you can only save 15k by month end, you should reject the job. I don’t believe that a bird at hand is what more in the bush. Sometimes you can keep that bird while you miss more. Look for other opportunities or ask them to pay you as early agreed. Let them know your expenses for the month.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by naturefellow(m): 1:23pm On Jan 16
Appswheel:
Option 1
Accept the job and actively seek for a better one.

Option 2
Write a mail to them requesting they increase the pay to N150K. State that it is your minimum expectation to cover for your transport and meet basic needs.

Option 3
Decline the job, continue with your hustle and seek for a better opportunity.

Employers not agreeing to your terms of employment is a first red flag. Don't begin with them on a wrong foot. Else, it will be a long ride of consistent BS, violation of your rights.

7 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Thunday1005(m): 1:26pm On Jan 16
A bird at hand is not worth twice in the bush somethings
Bring it to their attention for the change in salary plan, then lay your concern especially the transport issh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Live Update Nnpc Test 26th March 2011 / Please Nairalanders Is Aiico Insurance Real?? / UPDATED-New Job Vacancies,check And Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.