Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,516 members, 7,770,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:07 AM

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job (57808 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / FG Approves Grade Level 10 as the public service entry point Of BNSc Nurses / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion on this issues. I got an employment letter for federal government job I interviewed for last year. During the interview the panel actually told me I am way too qualified for the position they are interviewing me for to which I replied them I will take the offer as long as I can progress and grow through the ranks and they told me that they loved my reply that that was what they were expecting me to say.

Today, I received a mail containing my appointment letter and I see the gave me grade level 3 step 2. Although it is a newly commissioned government agency and I am a university graduate with about 5 years work experience. Now I am confused with the grade level I am being offered.

Secondary, I currently have another appointment letter with a private company lacated in the north east, the salary is good with allowance and the working condition is not so bad, I would have loved to take that offer but the location is not favorable to me as my family is scattered between the north west and south west so going to the north east to work will be a difficult thing for me.

I'll be glad if I could get your opinions on this, I don't know how much the Government job would pay yet.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Generaloluseye: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
usman3688:
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion on this issues. I got an employment letter for federal government job I interviewed for last year. During the interview the panel actually told me I am way too qualified for the position they are interviewing me for to which I replied them I will take the offer as long as I can progress and grow through the ranks and they told me that they loved my reply that that was what they were expecting me to say.

Today, I received a mail containing my appointment letter and I see the gave me grade level 3 step 2. Although it is a newly commissioned government agency and I am a university graduate with about 5 years work experience. Now I am confused with the grade level I am being offered.

Secondary, I currently have another appointment letter with a private company lacated in the north east, the salary is good with allowance and the working condition is not so bad, I would have loved to take that offer but the location is not favorable to me as my family is scattered between the north west and south west so going to the north east to work will be a difficult thing for me.

I'll be glad if I could get your opinions on this, I don't know how much the Government job would pay yet.

Did you apply as a graduate there? What's the name of the establishment? That will give us clue as places like FIRS starts there grade level from 10 till 1.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
Generaloluseye:

Did you apply as a graduate there? What's the name of the establishment? That will give us clue as places like FIRS starts there grade level from 10 till 1.

Actually they told me they need a degree holder or HND holder for the position.
The agency is the newly commissioned Nigeria Sugar Institute.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Ejaisky: 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
State the salary structure or your designation. Not all federal jobs are on grade level.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Ejaisky:
State the salary structure or your designation. Not all federal jobs are on grade level.
I don't knw what salary structure. It's stated NSI salary scale. It's a new agency that was commissioned last month so it's hard to get relavant information on the salary structure. Parhaps when I go for my documentation
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by murphyrichy(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
Grade level 03 Step 2 is for O' level. You were employed with that.

180 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by LordofNaija: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2021
usman3688:

CONRAISS 3 is the equivalent of level 10
CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8
2- level 9
3- level 10

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
LordofNaija:
CONRAISS 3 is the equivalent of level 10 CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8 2- level 9 3- level 10
So do u have an idea what the salary would be and what does CONRAISS mean
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Oyewale25: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
usman3688:

Level 3 is majorly for secondary school certificate. And ur qualifications is way bigger. atleast with Degree and 5years experience you should start from level 8.
if you accept that level 3 offer, you won't pass level 7 before you retire

163 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
LordofNaija:
CONRAISS 3 is the equivalent of level 10 CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8 2- level 9 3- level 10
I just hope this is how it is else I won't take oo
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by usman3688(m): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2021
Oyewale25:

Level 3 is majorly for secondary school certificate. And ur qualifications is way bigger. atleast with Degree and 5years experience you should start from level 8.
if you accept that level 3 offer, you won't pass level 7 before you retire

No be by force now, I have another job on hand that I'm yet to resume and that pays well just the location is my issue and to some extent it's secure too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by GeneralPula: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
Government job is just kinda overrated..

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
cheesy
Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Slynation(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
congrats tho on your new job because it's not that easy to get in this current Nigeria....But you can be managing what you have while applying elsewhere, North East is not that safe, my personal opinion tho

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by highdon(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
I think u should confirm from them during your documentation

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by fykes(m): 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2021
I fear o...0 level grade for a graduate with 5 years experience.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by chatinent: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
A deliberate plot to underpay you.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
usman3688:

Run from those people oh. Level 3 is a messenger position I guess.

I personally don't believe in the sustainability of the present civil service and never really applied

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by Vyolet(f): 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
LordofNaija:

CONRAISS 3 is the equivalent of level 10
CONRAISS1 - LEVEL8
2- level 9
3- level 10
What sort of misinformation is this?
A University graduate in any federal parastatal today will either be employed with Conraiss 7 which is same as level 8 depending on the salary scale of the place.

Level 3 is for school cert holders.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job by 1Alex: 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
It's a mistake

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Receiving Cv / Should He Leave His New Job For Another Job Interview? / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.