Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad (12435 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Karlifate: 5:41pm On Jan 16
carzeem1:
Reject the offer on the grounds that salary was below agreed amount during interview. 100k for going to island 5 days a week for someone in finance is not worth your time.
Keep applying, building networks and praying

💯

People advising him to accept the job are either not in Lagos, never commuted everyday from Mainland to Island for work OR are just being unrealistic.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Bintasukai: 5:48pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

Thanks for understanding me..

I really appreciate

Obviously this is what you want to hear. You need confirmation bias not advise.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by kernniejay(m): 5:49pm On Jan 16
IyaTola:
Reject it on the ground that what you agree with the is not what's stated on the offer,seems like a place where you will regret working. You will get another job
They did not agree on any amount with him, he only told them how much he expected as salary.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by kernniejay(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16
Skyfornia:
Getting a N60k job very close to you where you won't have to pay transport is better than receiving N100k a month and spending almost 80k on transport and feeding.
I like what you wrote in ur signature. Nigerians are also suffering for the incompetence and selfishness of their leaders.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by one4GOD(f): 6:03pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

Hmmm.. Do you think it's okay for me to work and not have anything to save?

This job is 9 to 5.... Which means I might have to get home late at times to rush early to work.

It's nt that I can't do it but there is no way I would be able to foot my other responsibilities if I accept this job.. And it's everyday job
it is much easier to get another job while on one than finding job when jobless so take this new one since the old one will soon end then look for another while on it.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by OvertheTop(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

Thanks for understanding me..

I really appreciate

You are very Funny.....

You are only acknowledging Advice that align with your previous Personal Decision.

So it is True the saying: A Person only Hears WHAT HE WANT TO HEAR...The rest is Bullshit.

Guy just do what's in your Mind since you are Not Open to Objective Opinions

grin grin grin grin

Anyways, if you have options or u are sure of Getting a Better one, Reject the new Job...
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by femi4: 6:43pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

So recently I got a job which office is situated on the island of Lagos but I live on the mainland. My current job is also on the island but it is hybrid which makes me convenient for me to do some little errands to earn money to survive.

The problem is that the pay in the offer letter which is between 100 to 110k is not what we discussed during the interview, it is half of the amount I told them. I am about to reject the offer as I can't keep up with it and I am planning to reject it politely.

If I remove daily transport and feeding from it, I will be  less with less than 15k and this is not a 3 square meal routine. It is barely a 2 square meal on a 1k per day. Tfare will take me like 1700 per day and it means I can't save any dime on this money.

My current job expires this month and the pay is the same with this new one but just that it is hybrid, I don't have to go to work everyday as I can work from home and also go to office. It is favourable as I could save some money and also attend to the responsibilities on my neck like house rent, utility bills, and family things, mind you, I am not married and I do not have a girlfriend.

Also I am running an ICAN programme that will consume money and time but the issue is that the money offered by this new job can only cover up for my tfare and feeding...

I am about to reject the offer but I need nairalanders opinion, am I making the right decision?

I am still applying for more role... I work as a finance personnel and I have more than a year experience.

To be honest, my interest would have to secure a position in an auditing firm as a trainee. I have no experience in auditing but I want to build a career in this profession before I finish my ICAN programme but the problem is that I am yet to get the opportunity.

I am a fast learner as in very fast learner,Communicate excellently, pay attention to details and I enjoy multitasking.

Please advise me before I reject this offer
Move your crib closer to your place of work or look for staff bus or any arrangement that will ease the tfare
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by bigl: 7:06pm On Jan 16
You don't need to stress yourself about this matter....

your current job is expiring this month and you have another one but the pay isn't that too fantastic ...

Pls accept this new job jeje while eyeing another hybrid job ... or you prefer to be jobless and without any form of income?

I can bet it with u that with time, you'll find a way to adjust to the cost of the new job....

Half bread is waaaaay better than chinchin!

Except your current job affords you to save and you've saved up like say 2 million naira and can afford to be without job for a while pending when u get another job ....

Joboffer24:
Hello Nairalanders,

So recently I got a job which office is situated on the island of Lagos but I live on the mainland. My current job is also on the island but it is hybrid which makes me convenient for me to do some little errands to earn money to survive.

The problem is that the pay in the offer letter which is between 100 to 110k is not what we discussed during the interview, it is half of the amount I told them. I am about to reject the offer as I can't keep up with it and I am planning to reject it politely.

If I remove daily transport and feeding from it, I will be  less with less than 15k and this is not a 3 square meal routine. It is barely a 2 square meal on a 1k per day. Tfare will take me like 1700 per day and it means I can't save any dime on this money.

My current job expires this month and the pay is the same with this new one but just that it is hybrid, I don't have to go to work everyday as I can work from home and also go to office. It is favourable as I could save some money and also attend to the responsibilities on my neck like house rent, utility bills, and family things, mind you, I am not married and I do not have a girlfriend.

Also I am running an ICAN programme that will consume money and time but the issue is that the money offered by this new job can only cover up for my tfare and feeding...

I am about to reject the offer but I need nairalanders opinion, am I making the right decision?

I am still applying for more role... I work as a finance personnel and I have more than a year experience.

To be honest, my interest would have to secure a position in an auditing firm as a trainee. I have no experience in auditing but I want to build a career in this profession before I finish my ICAN programme but the problem is that I am yet to get the opportunity.

I am a fast learner as in very fast learner,Communicate excellently, pay attention to details and I enjoy multitasking.

Please advise me before I reject this offer
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by soccerlite: 7:22pm On Jan 16
Joboffer24:

This job is 9 to 5.... Which means I might have to get home late at times to rush early to work.

It's nt that I can't do it but there is no way I would be able to foot my other responsibilities if I accept this job.. And it's everyday job

Try it for like 3 months

Then you will be able to decide

You fit see free car or helper

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Klounge: 8:55pm On Jan 16
Don't accept it..jes lock up and look for other options..this is January space still dey..before u re working and still broke..plus u don't even know the nature of the management.soke management are nothing to write about..employ today sack tomorrow..learn to reject shitty offers it will help you trust me.

1 Like

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by duduade: 5:23am On Jan 17
For now still maintain not having a gf
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by MeineMutter: 7:05am On Jan 17
Joboffer24:

Looks like the current hybrid work you are doing has turned you to a lazy man.
Take the new job first since you can still survive on what is to be paid. Don’t forget your current job is expiring.
While on the new job, start searching for another one.

To work in audit firm may not be easy if you are above a certain age but it is still possible.

Go for the low-hanging fruits first by searching for jobs in firms like Grant Thornton, PKF, BDO, Pedabo etc.

Be checking myjobmag.com at least 4 times in a day for auditing and accounting jobs.

Make sure you send out minimum of 10 job applications in a week.

Do not forward already sent email in any new application. Always make sure you send fresh email on every new job you apply for.

You can adjust your cv to suit a particular application and make sure you save a copy of that CV in a secure place or you can blind-copy yourself in every job application, to be able to have a copy of any modified CV you could have used.

Update your LinkedIn profile and add a lot of HR personnel to your network. This will help you know when they post jobs or looking for referrals. Also, they will be checking your profile, mostly, in stealth mode, whenever they need candidate to fill a particular role.

Make sure you pass your ICAN on time because lots of big audit firms prefer to hire brilliant chartered accountants.

All the best, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by RisenObinna: 7:32am On Jan 17
Joboffer24:

Do you think it's more easier to stay idle and have no income??
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by MrReeseG(m): 9:05am On Jan 17
Karlifate:

💯

People advising him to accept the job are either not in Lagos, never commuted everyday from Mainland to Island for work OR are just being unrealistic.

Sometimes, things aren't really as they seem.

I started my current job in Ikate on 80k salary and I lived in TollGate (Yes, the one before Sango).
I'd started feeling "bored" and "unchallenged" at the firm I was working in at the time. The offer came and I decided to take it.
6 months in with diligent work, I got promoted and salary rose by 2x. I didn't relent, kept putting in my best. And now it's risen by another 2x.

PS: I was fairly comfortable at my previous workplace. I wasn't spending on transport and there was always lunch. Salary was nothing to write home about though.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Karlifate: 10:05am On Jan 17
MrReeseG:

Sometimes, things aren't really as they seem.

I started my current job in Ikate on 80k salary and I lived in TollGate (Yes, the one before Sango).
I'd started feeling "bored" and "unchallenged" at the firm I was working in at the time. The offer came and I decided to take it.
6 months in with diligent work, I got promoted and salary rose by 2x. I didn't relent, kept putting in my best. And now it's risen by another 2x.

PS: I was fairly comfortable at my previous workplace. I wasn't spending on transport and there was always lunch. Salary was nothing to write home about though.

You people love dick measuring too much.

Your case & that of OP are two different situations.
So, I don't get the need for comparison, except you just want to prove "I suffered too" cliché.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by Strategical: 8:28pm On Jan 17
lynx200:
Many are saying op should accept the offer since his current job will end soon. But for me, the fact that the company offered half of what you agreed is a red flag to me already. The working environment could be hostile and stifle your career progress.

Communicate this discrepancies to them. If they don't review your salary upwards, forget the job. Desperation doesn't pay anyone on the long run.

From the poster's statement, they only discussed an amount and that does not mean that the interviewer accepted or agreed to what he asked for.

Usually after the candidate's exit, interviewer's would review and discuss the session amongst themselves to see if the candidate's performance justifies the salary he/she asked for.

So if his performance is below standard, they may reject him outrightly or offer him what they think is commensurate with his experience and capability.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by IyaTola: 6:22am On Jan 18
wink
Emeka71:
If you are doing any job where you are spending your money on tranport; then that means you are not working.
Re: Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad by hudsonflatley: 7:54am On Jan 18
You are trying to find the most accurate answer for the wordle game. You want to win with record low time beating everyone who is playing wordle with you. Then wordle hint is a great smart choice to help you find the fastest and most accurate results.
wordle hint

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Nairalanders Is Aiico Insurance Real?? / Live Update Nnpc Test 26th March 2011 / Please Help Advice My Immediate Junior Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.