Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? (11347 Views)

"Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies / What Part Of Your Body Do You Spend On The Most ? / How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by mrofficial(m): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2011
I cannot even buy a pair for 5k.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Ekpoma1: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2011
I cant buy it beyond 5k. Dats crap 2 spend 16k on a pair of jean or trouser. Wise up people.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by paulokwudiri(m): 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
Mojibola:

You dressing can worth only N5000 and pple'll think it N50k, all na packaging. Correct combination lo le se wink wink
correct nigga, they wont understand, packaging follow jaree
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Otses(f): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2011
Sum pple sumtimes confuse being on d high side 4 gd quality,bt its nt alwys d case.I wear gd quality clothes,wit gd combination,most times, pple stop me on d way 2 ask where I do my shoppin and how much,wen I tel dem,their reply is alwys"u cant b serious",believe me,dey are nt cost at al! And again,sum pple tink dt if a particular item is nt up 2 a particular amount,den its an inferior quality,dey av their mind programmed dt way,bt its nt alwys d case
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by yommysomguy(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2011
The highest i've spent on a jean is N5k
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by aieromon(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
Is this pair of jeans gold-plated or what?
If i spend this kind of money on denim,i don't think i'll wear it at all.I'll just hang it and smile to myself every morning i wake up.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by razznaija(f): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
not more than 7,000k, i'ts not like its made from the finest materials so why should i spend a lot of money on just a pair of jeans.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Ishilove: 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
Good heavens,virtually everything makes front page these days. With the way things are going on NL,I'll start a thread titled "i have an itch up my nostrils" and it'd make front page
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
How much does a true Religion jeans sell for in Nigeria
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by ajekpaks(m): 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
Someone Asked Earlier and I'd repeat,

She e get Bluetooth ni? Infrared or WiFi?

If not then the answer is No, I ain't buying if it's more than 5k, Even at that, men,
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
Interesting to see this. Just bought a pair of jeans 2day for 6k5. My most expensive jeans ever. Took me 10 mins to decide if i shld pay for it.

Don't have a problem paying huge amts for shoes and tops though. Once bought a customized Ralph Lauren shirt for $135. But i usually settle for 2K jeans as i see all jeans as same, but this jeans was really nice so i forced myself to pay that amt.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Spclst900: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2011
aieromon:

Is this pair of jeans gold-plated or what?
If i spend this kind of money on denim,i don't think i'll wear it at all.I'll just hang it and smile to myself every morning i wake up.
lwkmd
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by manny4life(m): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
That depends though, This is how I go with my breakdown

1. Casual pants --- between $18 and $25

2. Dress pants --- $25 to $45 (always try to get them when they are on sale)

3. Dress pants (for special occasions) --- about $60 (they have to be on aggressive sale though like 50% to 75% off). That's a good deal if you have to pay like $60.

4. Jeans --- This category no more than $35

I use same model on my shoes, grin grin grin
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by tEsLim(m): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
Thats only $100 bucks!

I have a Konvict & Ed Hardy jeans for about that price. Most of my Jeans are from $80. And got an Evisu for about $150+ there about. Can't recall how much I bought the True Religions jeans I never really wear plus I bought that one in Naija which must be over priced already. For my regular dress pants I have a guy who is not doing bad that tailors them according to my specs and gets only 3.5k for that. It all depends on taste. But expensive dont always mean they look good or fit well. i.e I have cloths i paid a lot for that I dont wear sad either the fit or just dont feel comfortable in them. And I have cheap ones that are my favorite I wear them like every time like I have no other cloths

But I like cloths that give me confidence. And that is not being worn by the world not same shit on everybody. And I hate to smell generic too smiley
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by rhymz(m): 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
My Filipino Boss, Mr Romelo who earns in the region of 1milli to 2milla still dey buy Chinco Jeans 2k and normal tshirts of say 4k-5k, na me wey be im subordinate with a way less salary go come go buy a pair of Pants 15k with tm lewin shirts of 20k go work abi?? Abeg jare, i no wan lose my job. .lol
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by tEsLim(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ryhmz Filipinos are cheap people na. Dont ever compare those people to yourself or the average Nigerian I know
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by aribisala0(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
imelda marcos na filipino and she no cheap at all . all these generalizations

the average nigerian wears second hand clothes even bras

make we no deceive ourselves
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by komek(m): 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
na wa o 4 pple ,though its not bad to buy a pant 4 100k,bt it will be ridiculous 4 anybody 2 do that while staying in a rented apartment. You re buying a pant 4 16k just 2 attract attention, Rubbish
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by tEsLim(m): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
I said Nigerians I know for a reason (you probably know people that wear them second and cloths and bras). YOu need hear some of these fuckers generalize Africans you will be supper depressed. I was in a city in cyprus called Girne and saw a news paper title AFRICA the logo had the AFR"I"CA the I as a standing baboon/monkey.

Filipinos are f.cking cheap. And a lot of this countries are poorer than Nigeria or not so different! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by aribisala0(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
to say filipinos are cheap in comparison to nigerians is a statement that has no basis in objectivity. there is no evidence for this
yes i know lots of nigerians who wear second hand clothing ,pretty much most nigerians on the street,and also those who import and sell them(your sneering is funny and  tells me a lot about you than a million words)
i also know others who don't.
how many people do you know(never mind nigerians) on this planet to justify any sweeping generalizations about any.
do you know 5000 people in total?
i did not make the claims you did. i am  just showing that most nigerians are quite poor.
we dont manufacture fabrics in a meaningful way and rely on imports for our clothing.

chief awolowo when he was alive could be described as "cheap" as far as dressing is concerned ditto for mahatma gandhi. so not wearing expensive clothes could be a sign of cheapness or self-assurance. there is an age phase when people define themselves this way

please try not to post links you do not understand
that nigeria has a higher GDP than the philipines doe not make us a richer country
we have a higher GDP than kuwait libya,qatar and new zealand  . what is important is GDP per capita which reflects population
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita
compare our situation to the so called cheap filipinos

please note that QATAR is NUMBER ONE on this list
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2011
WhyAWhy: Deception, wake up and smell the coffee,  some items of clothing are overpriced!

Image123:

Low or NO self esteem.

Lol, comprehension is definitely not your forte.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by atreal: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
@rickyrose, who told you they dont have and sell good jeans in china,most of the things they sell in uk,us and the rest are from china,dont say that again
whtever you wanna buy in china depends on how you want it,chnese are just helping pple that can't afford expensive stuffs to make the cheap 1ns thanks to chinese for that but the fact is that whtever you want is in china depends on how you want it.chinese gat original,china original and copy anyhow u want it they will give it to you.i got some jeans in china for $150 and so on there are $1000 jeans in china if you need to know so dont go there.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by torture: 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2011
16 thousand kee!!! Even if 10k dey inside d pockets I no buy.
Re: How Much Could You Spend On A Pair Of Trousers? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
Abeg house, na beg I dey beg oooo, how much I fit buy Jean and chinos trouser for Mile one portharcourt. My cousin say na 10k each cos of recession

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Must-have Fashionable Travel Accessories For Ladies / Nike Davies-Okundayo On The Cover Of Genevieve Magazine / Best of African Perfect Curves Ladies In Their Hot Fashion Styles PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.