Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion (12381 Views)

Shell To Sell More Oil Assets In Nigeria / Sell Nigeria Instead Of Taking N6 Trillion Fresh Loan - Timi Frank Tells Buhari / 2019: Atiku Is Planning To Sell Nigeria On Alibaba- Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by stillwriting: 11:06am On Jan 16
All is well
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by theamazonguru(m): 11:08am On Jan 16
Donedeal1:
Shell join japa

The jungle don red

Hope you saw that what they are selling is just their onshore assets.
They ain't selling their offshore assets.

So they are still here.

They are only tired of the unfavorable environments on the shore (onshore).
Government policies(e.g the PIA bill that seeks to take more from them and give to the host community and the FG, Leaving the operators with little to nothing.
Host communities wahala
Pipeline sabotage
Environmental pollution sanctions etc

But offshore, all they do is drill, give the FG their own share via NNPLC (40%) then export the remaining.
Simple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by waternogetemeny: 11:09am On Jan 16
EVERYBODY LEAVING THE ZOO.

SOMETHING IS UP!

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Openfurum2024: 11:12am On Jan 16
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by occfx: 11:13am On Jan 16
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:13am On Jan 16
Kenochi:
Let me take sometime to educate Nigerians before some people will come here and start claiming that the Economy is failing
Most operators in Nigeria's Upstream Oil and Gas Sector know that their game is up,there was a time Nigeria through the NNPCL had to resort to the importation of Refined Crude oil for close to 20 years.This allowed NNPCL and most Oil and Gas companies to participate in the controversy Oil Swap
Most Oil and Gas Companies used this fraudulent practice to shortchange the country, they collected crude oil and brought back Refined crude oil and still collected subsidy. Nigeria was fair game and all this big Oil companies looted Nigeria dry
Then something happened, the Dangote Refinery was mooted and this would put an end to this evil practice. Most Oil Companies knee that if this Refinery ever started their easy money was over
My people, this is what is happening. I am confident that more Oil companies will leave the country because their access to free money is gone for good

Still selling good properties with good titles at the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub....kindly check my signature
keep deceiving yourself grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by waternogetemeny: 11:14am On Jan 16
occfx:

Simon ekpa successfully did the damage.

NO MANDATE THIEF AND FULANI INEC.

DEY WARNED DEM.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by wink2015(m): 11:16am On Jan 16
lexylaw09:
After all the atrocities they have committed. They're taking the easy way out.

Are you somehow referring to Shell activities in Ogoni land with respect to CRUDE OIL SPILLAGE of the Ogoni community and the subsequent hanging of Late Ken Saro Wiwa by the Abacha government?

Then you made some points as shell is guilty somehow especially in crude oil spillage.

However, Shell tried in many other aspect in Nigeria as their business policy was straight forward.

They gave good employment to Nigerians who worked in their company.

It is Nigeria government both federal and state that failed Nigerians and equally failed Shell.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA AND ENCOURAGE STATES TO FACE MECHANIZED AGRICULTURE ESPECIALLY NORTHERN NIGERIA.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by LagosSuperStar: 11:16am On Jan 16
lexylaw09:

Not Their fault but the government and back door deals

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by LagosSuperStar: 11:17am On Jan 16
waternogetemeny:

SOMETHING IS UP!
Nigeria is not a zoo

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by qtx(m): 11:17am On Jan 16

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by lomprico(m): 11:19am On Jan 16
lexylaw09:

They did not commit anything, it's your governments over the years that committed all the atrocities

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Pootle: 11:20am On Jan 16
they should sell the offshore too mfs

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by RepoMan007: 11:20am On Jan 16
Kenochi:
Let me take sometime to educate Nigerians before some people will come here and start claiming that the Economy is failing
Most operators in Nigeria's Upstream Oil and Gas Sector know that their game is up,there was a time Nigeria through the NNPCL had to resort to the importation of Refined Crude oil for close to 20 years.This allowed NNPCL and most Oil and Gas companies to participate in the controversy Oil Swap
Most Oil and Gas Companies used this fraudulent practice to shortchange the country, they collected crude oil and brought back Refined crude oil and still collected subsidy. Nigeria was fair game and all this big Oil companies looted Nigeria dry
Then something happened, the Dangote Refinery was mooted and this would put an end to this evil practice. Most Oil Companies knee that if this Refinery ever started their easy money was over
My people, this is what is happening. I am confident that more Oil companies will leave the country because their access to free money is gone for good

Still selling good properties with good titles at the Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub....kindly check my signature
demonic nonsense.
Ifghe officials of Nigerian govt knew the country wasn getting fair deals, why approve them. You made it sound as if the multinationals held our govt officials at gunpoint whereas it was the reverse at bureaucratic gunpoint.

3 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by AfroBeatDiary: 11:20am On Jan 16
After years of exploitation
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by History555: 11:21am On Jan 16
Kenochi:

What nonsense did you just type. Oil swap is only 400k out of 1.6 million barrels. What has nnpc oil swap got to do with shell

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Hier(m): 11:21am On Jan 16
I want to buy
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Hogwarthtrades: 11:22am On Jan 16
$2.4 billion seem reasonable for 30% stake in the Joint venture. well done Aradel and Co!! grin grin grin Just hope they don't fumble the bag with the allegiance in years to come!
Can only imagine what the strategy (Discount vs premium ??) for listing price of Dangote refinery and NNPCL IPO will be relative to Aradel and Seplat price.
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by casualobserver: 11:23am On Jan 16
InteliJ:
I think oil companies are now moving to sustainable energy

That's the new oil

Is petroleum engineering a viable course to study in big 2024? I don't think so.

But since time revealeth all things, we shall know 5 - 10 years from now.

If you thought it through, you would realize that many others would shy away from petroleum engineering for the same reason you outline resulting in a scarcity of petroleum engineers in the future.

If you also thought it through you would also realize that there will always be a place for fossil fuels and the future of green energy is not assured.

Therefore a betting man would bet on a career in petroleum engineering because demand will outstrip supply.

4 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Hier(m): 11:23am On Jan 16
qtx:

I am interested. Can someone give me their contact details plssssss shocked

I think I bought it already 😊
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Openfurum2024: 11:24am On Jan 16
freshkpomo:

Let's divide this country but some mumu say no. Una nor know say na because we too get diversity that why the leaders can mess with us. For this Benin when I dey so, of any politician Bleep up, na once we dey agree to vote against am because we are one people and it's much easier. But if you check Edo north, they always vote differently from us because their culture and religion still different. She'll don Bleep up well well for Nigeria and they ought to pay.
Yes, diversity is one big problem in Nigeria.

If not these leaders for don see shege. Make dem just sell kontry give me my share of money make i know where i dey.
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by qtx(m): 11:25am On Jan 16
Hier:

I think I bought it already 😊
Look here young man, am not joking here , sho gbo?.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Evolutionism: 11:27am On Jan 16
Kenochi:

Concocted Nonsense just to make your charcoal empty skvll self feel good.

Since you were born, Have you seen any white man company paying his fellow man N15,000 per month?

They loot this, They did this, They did that. If not for your uselessness and foolishness. How and Why did you allow them into your nation in the first place??

Because blvck people can't singlehandedly think or do anything successful for/by themselves.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by SharingIsLife(m): 11:27am On Jan 16
socialmediaman:
Only $1.3B? Is it that cheap, or worthless?
This is BILLION, not million.
And this is DOLLAR, not naira.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by UppaZakum(m): 11:27am On Jan 16
Kenochi:

Seriously laughing at your ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by GUNITGuy: 11:28am On Jan 16
Kenochi:

This was done in connivance with Nigerians
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Timmi: 11:28am On Jan 16
waternogetemeny:

SOMETHING IS UP!

We are waiting for you and your people to leave Nigeria, so that the animals that make it a zoo will be gone and the rest of us Nigerians will have our sane and crime free and drug free country. So the earlier you japa with all your village people the better for the rest of us Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Decarbonisation: 11:34am On Jan 16
End of an era.

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Blitzking: 11:37am On Jan 16
Japa
Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by Sunmolar(m): 11:37am On Jan 16
Fraudulent companies may not survive this government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by InteliJ(f): 11:39am On Jan 16
casualobserver:

If you thought it through, you would realize that many others would shy away from petroleum engineering for the same reason you outline resulting in a scarcity of petroleum engineers in the future.

If you also thought it through you would also realize that there will always be a place for fossil fuels and the future of green energy is not assured.

Therefore a betting man would bet on a career in petroleum engineering because demand will outstrip supply.
Not gonna lie, I thought of this too. Nice observation.

But, what would you choose sir?

A leader in an emerging multibillion dollar field. Or, a random professional in an established but soon to become a niche field.

Life is all about boom and bust.

Know when to enter and when to leave.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Sell Nigeria Onshore Oil Business For $1.3 Billion by waternogetemeny: 11:39am On Jan 16
Timmi:

We are waiting for you and your people to leave Nigeria, so that the animals that make it a zoo will be gone and the rest of us Nigerians will have our sane and crime free and drug free country. So the earlier you japa with all your village people the better for the rest of us Nigerians.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of "Dying Buhari" Inside The Ambulance @ Heathrow Airport In London / Governor Ambode Presents 2018 Budget (Photos) / Ajaokuta: Steel Workers Welcome Plan To Return Coy To Original Builder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.