Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off (12188 Views)

Shares (stocks) Or Mutual Funds? / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by johnog4sure: 4:00pm On Jan 16
ferhyntorlah:

If some of the assets are sold, it won't be a castle in the air again oooooo.
The point is what will the asset be worth? or should I say worthless? when I remember renewable energy focus..
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 4:01pm On Jan 16
spiSeyi:
This is a case of Castle in the Air from the experience I had going through the Random Walk Down the Wall Street, only seasoned investors and book readers can relate. cool
The P/E and the dividends paid to investors will determine the stock's true value. overzealous investors might lose money because the Dangote refinery is too speculative.
Dangote nah agba Yahoo he scammed FG through Emefiele grin grin

Speculative analysis.
If you are sound as you want us believe, you wouldn't say Dangote scammed FG through Emefiele. How? When? With what narration? With what transaction?

Take this to the beer parlour. Especially your Wall Street experience. The gullible ones will clap for you there.

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Emir01: 4:02pm On Jan 16
ppogba:
There is no relationship between the commencement of operations at the refinery and rise in the shares of other Dangote owned companies.

The NSE just closed a few hours ago with an appreciation of over 3 percentage.

Is it only Dangote companies that are on the exchange?

Lazy reporter, stupid editor.

Don't mind them. Alot of stocks are doing far better than Dangote stocks. Though Dangote is a game changer, his refinery stock whem listed will sell NGX to the world. Dangote is a genius when it comes to business.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 4:05pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:
In Nigeria, we consume more PMS than AGO and Jet fuel.

We need more PMS trucks driving out of the truck loading gantries of Dangote refinery..

We may consume more PMS as you rightly said but it is crystal clear that AGO is more critical to the economy. From rhe tankers that transport fuel to the trucks that transport food items and everything to the factories than rely on it to power their plants, I cam assure you a drastic change in the price will bring an instant change in the economy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Emir01: 4:08pm On Jan 16
ppogba:

Speculative analysis.
If you are sound as you want us believe, you wouldn't say Dangote scammed FG through Emefiele. How? When? With what narration? With what transaction?

Take this to the beer parlour. Especially your Wall Street experience. The gullible ones will clap for you there.

Don't mind the lazy mind who refuse to update himself. People like Jimoh Ibrahim benefited magnificently from the sales of FG Asset but today the man is on the floor of senate, Elumelu bought some from Obasanjo girlfriend and today he can pay the salaries of both senators and reps.Dangote is a genius.

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 4:10pm On Jan 16
Emir01:

Don't mind them. Alot of stocks are doing far better than Dangote stocks. Though Dangote is a game changer, his refinery stock whem listed will sell NGX to the world. Dangote is a genius when it comes to business.

When you read ignorant comments on any topic that has to do with the stock market on this forum, one will have no doubt that the level of ignorance of the Nigerian youth is far more than we think.
They start with stupid arguments.and when you engage them they turn it to insult. Infact,, you will be lucky if the idiot will not claim he can feed your enrire family.

God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 4:12pm On Jan 16
Emir01:

Don't mind the lazy mind who refuse to update himself. People like Jimoh Ibrahim benefited magnificently from the sales of FG Asset but today the man is on the floor of senate, Elumelu bought some from Obasanjo girlfriend and today he can pay the salaries of both senators and reps.Dangote is a genius.

How dare you insult Wall Street guru like that?
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 4:20pm On Jan 16
spiSeyi:

Bro the refinery was built with the aid of a foreign loan, and with the unstable rate at which the Naira is falling against the USD the proceeds from the assets might not be feasible. Let Dangote pay first dividend and check the P/E, if the P/E is below the average market price then it is a good buy else nah Castle in the year or a case of South Sea bubbles cool

Dangote Refinery that has not been quoted on the NSE na hin you don't dey talk of P/E and payment of dividend?

Follow my advice.
Take your gist to the beer parlour.
You will be CR7 there with a lot of applauses for you.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by azzima(m): 4:20pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:

We need more PMS trucks driving out of the truck loading gantries of Dangote refinery..

ILLITERATE!!!!
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by GeneralDae: 4:20pm On Jan 16
Ustec:
If the price of PMS doesn't fall,
Then It means we have been duped by the government.
Price of PMS falling would depend largely on the Warri and PH refineries because then NNPC would just allocate crude for itself and decide to sell at a cheaper rate not necessarily the dollar rate.

Dangote on the other hand most likely bought crude in dollars and to pay back his debt and pay his foreign workers, he also would likely charge for the equivalent price in dollars. Only the cost of importation is removed. So even if there is a reduction when Dangote sells, it most likely wouldn't be above 70 naira reduction.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by michlins(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:

in Nigeria,we think we consume more PMS than diesel. An economy that runs on diesel generators can not consume more PMS than diesel.

Take away the smuggling of subsidized PMS and over bloated subsidy claims, you will arrive at the factual numbers we consume as a nation

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by nathdim: 4:29pm On Jan 16
Kenochi:
My people,una never see anything.Dangote is still going to hit one trillion naira increased valuation before the end of this quarter
When we tell people that that Refinery will push Dangote into 50 richest people in the world,they think we are speaking parables
Now everyone is seeing what we have always known.
This Refinery collected Raw Materials of 420 million dollars in just six weeks and another 280 million dollars is being reserved for him in February
As for those shouting that the Refinery will not impact the Nigerian Economy,I laugh in Swahili
The jobs and Industries that will be created as a spinoff from this Refinery will be unbelievable

For some of us,we took the bold step of investing early and sincerely now is the best time to invest in that corridor
I sincerely believe that properties around that Location will soon be priced in Dollars and it is a fact
Like I always say,wetin you gain today if Dangote Refinery start today
Visit my signature for cheap properties with good titles......
would the dangote refinery have impact in epe area
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by WhisperedNoise: 4:30pm On Jan 16
Kenochi:
My people,una never see anything.Dangote is still going to hit one trillion naira increased valuation before the end of this quarter
When we tell people that that Refinery will push Dangote into 50 richest people in the world,they think we are speaking parables
Now everyone is seeing what we have always known.
This Refinery collected Raw Materials of 420 million dollars in just six weeks and another 280 million dollars is being reserved for him in February
As for those shouting that the Refinery will not impact the Nigerian Economy,I laugh in Swahili
The jobs and Industries that will be created as a spinoff from this Refinery will be unbelievable

For some of us,we took the bold step of investing early and sincerely now is the best time to invest in that corridor
I sincerely believe that properties around that Location will soon be priced in Dollars and it is a fact
Like I always say,wetin you gain today if Dangote Refinery start today
Visit my signature for cheap properties with good titles......
But why should the surrounding land be priced in dollars?
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by oyeb15: 4:49pm On Jan 16
Fuel price was increased to favor him. Soon when the country started embracing other options like solar vehicles, electric vehicles etc, he will be drinking his fuel .
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by alezzy13: 5:09pm On Jan 16
Chai. So na to go Dangote shares? Is I likely to get higher?
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by alezzy13: 5:13pm On Jan 16
ppogba:

Dangote Refinery that has not been quoted on the NSE na hin you don't dey talk of P/E and payment of dividend?

Follow my advice.
Take your gist to the beer parlour.
You will be CR7 there with a lot of applauses for you.

Hmmm. I don't get it. If it's not on the NSE, then where is info on stock appreciation coming from?

Sorry am a novice on these things.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Almaiga: 5:18pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:

When you build your own Refinery, use am produce only Petrol. Leave our Dangote alone

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by alezzy13: 5:23pm On Jan 16
GeneralDae:

Price of PMS falling would depend largely on the Warri and PH refineries because then NNPC would just allocate crude for itself and decide to sell at a cheaper rate not necessarily the dollar rate.

Dangote on the other hand most likely bought crude in dollars and to pay back his debt and pay his foreign workers, he also would likely charge for the equivalent price in dollars. Only the cost of importation is removed. So even if there is a reduction when Dangote sells, it most likely wouldn't be above 70 naira reduction.

There is unlikely to be any reduction.

Hope you're aware current pms price is still being subsidized, despite denials from FG. If not price would be around 800-900/litre.
So unless Dangote is able to get crude below international rates, (unlikely) or he decides to do 'father Christmas' for us (!!) we really can't expect any reduction.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by bdon12: 5:24pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:

Dangote using nigeria head since 1969...he keeps saying our country like say na us get am.I am waiting to hear price list for this product as i know he will deal a blow to naija govt as there was no agreement on pricing b4 all those govt fx were forwarded to him.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by bdon12: 5:26pm On Jan 16
Ustec:
I hav a feeling it will fall by 50 naira only.i jst got this feeling say dangote go run naija govt street.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by bdon12: 5:27pm On Jan 16
nstore:
He's getting richer..

As reported, "The refinery can load 2,900 trucks a day at its truck-loading gantries..."
And yet they decided to go for ago n jet A1 that is not in demand 1st....it simply tells me theres more than meets d eye.I be engineer n ano it doesnt take months to produce petrol frm crude xcept something is not in place.

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 5:38pm On Jan 16
alezzy13:

Hmmm. I don't get it. If it's not on the NSE, then where is info on stock appreciation coming from?

Sorry am a novice on these things.

In capital letters, DANG REFINERY is not on the NSE for now.
The appreciation they are talking about concerns both DANG Sugar and DANG Cement that are quoted on the NSE.

Dangote Sugar share price has appreciated about 20 percentage between yesterday and today. Likewise too, cement has appreciated.

Most of the comments here are just out of ignorance though.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ppogba: 5:39pm On Jan 16
bdon12:

And yet they decided to go for ago n jet A1 that is not in demand 1st....it simply tells me theres more than meets d eye.I be engineer n ano it doesnt take months to produce petrol frm crude xcept something is not in place.

AGO is not in demand?
Engineer KOKO.

Just take time to cover your face in shame.

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by idalex: 5:47pm On Jan 16
Emir01:

pls list some of the stocks doing better than Dangote stocks
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Sucre7: 5:54pm On Jan 16
Just as in cement, Dangite is set to monopolize the AGO, PMS market

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by ncoolsome(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16
Ustec:

Sorry for being the bearer of the bad news,the price isn't falling,one of the real advantage of this is that there would be less pressure in seeking for dollar

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by solex75(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:

Dangote is waiting for PMS price to rise before selling petrol.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Emir01: 6:11pm On Jan 16
[quote author=idalex post=127974086]

Visit NGX website and come back. I can't argue with a lazy mind. It shows you are not informed.
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by GeneralDae: 6:26pm On Jan 16
idalex:

Transcorp and UBA.

1 Like

Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Iziquiel(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16
oyeb15:
Fuel price was increased to favor him. Soon when the country started embracing other options like solar vehicles, electric vehicles etc, he will be drinking his fuel .

Nothing person no go read on Nairaland. Chai!
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by Exumal: 6:33pm On Jan 16
nathdim:
would the dangote refinery have impact in epe area
As far as Ketu Epe axis
Re: Dangote’s Stocks Appreciate By N514bn, After Refinery Take Off by GeneralDae: 6:35pm On Jan 16
Iziquiel:

Nothing person no go read on Nairaland. Chai!
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Help A Widow: Difference Between Insurance Benefit And Death Benefit / How Would You Feel Earning 3% Daily Profit Of Your Investment For A Lifetime? / Why Can't I Maintain My Saving Habit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.