Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,574 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks (37837 Views)

"How Soldier Boyi ThankGod Killed Himself In Ogun" – Nigeria Army / Soldier Commits Suicide In Borno (photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by politicoNG: 7:59pm On Jan 16
A soldier of the Nigerian Army has reportedly killed himself in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Identified as Boyi Thankgod, the soldier was attached to the 35 Artillery brigade, Alamala in Abeokuta, the state capital.

Daily Trust gathered that the army personnel shot himself in the head at the standby duty on Armed Forces Remembrance Day.

A gory image showed his lifeless body laid in the pool of his blood after his head had severed due to the impact of the bullet.

“Yes, it’s true. The incident happened yesterday (Monday),” a source at the barracks told our correspondent.

The source said investigation is ongoing to reveal the circumstances that led to his action.

“The incident truly happened. Since yesterday, the military police have been investigating… all soldiers that were there when the incident happened, they were taken to the custody, took their statements and all the normal procedures.”

“We are just waiting for the military police officers to conclude the investigation in order to determine what actually led to the incident,” the source told Daily Trust.

The brigade command’s Spokesman, Mohammed Goni, could not be reached for comment, as of the time of filing the report.

The Spokesman of the Police Command, Omolola Odutola, has also not responded to enquiry from our correspondent.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-soldier-guns-self-down-in-ogun-barracks/?fbclid=IwAR0M7Qix4wV-5vc9shlamVosuKErPzeoqcyS2WTOMHuXpL0cfUcW_Qk_U3g#google_vignette

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Cruise777: 8:04pm On Jan 16
shocked

RIP officer

E no easy.. abeg reach out to your loved ones, 100 recharge card no go kill you

Ask how they are fairing, joke and banter wish them well and good luck

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by LegendHero(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16
They should investigate well. The death get as e be.

Imagine someone named ”Thankgod” going through this.

Baba blast himself in the head from the picture I’m seeing.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Jenniejenna: 8:07pm On Jan 16
So bad

2 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:14pm On Jan 16
I suspect foul play here. This can actually be murder instead of suicide

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Stevenson20: 10:14pm On Jan 16
Everybody is gradually losing their minds with the way things are going in this country.
Depression and suicide are on the rise.

Rest in peace soldier

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Timblogga: 10:14pm On Jan 16
Nawa o
Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by ATEAMS: 10:14pm On Jan 16
Nawaaoo
Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by NzogbuNzogbu: 10:14pm On Jan 16
What is happening to security in tinubu regime

6 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by iwaeda: 10:15pm On Jan 16
politicoNG:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-soldier-guns-self-down-in-ogun-barracks/?fbclid=IwAR0M7Qix4wV-5vc9shlamVosuKErPzeoqcyS2WTOMHuXpL0cfUcW_Qk_U3g#google_vignette

Beginning of the end. APC have made life extremely difficult for the living. Yet they waste N3bn Covid-19 money on useless registers. angry angry angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by AllahOfBlood: 10:15pm On Jan 16
angry

Dear soldier man, we understand
It's painful working in the midst of terrorist disguising in military uniform.

Rest in peace

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Day169: 10:15pm On Jan 16
Ogun again? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by kernniejay(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16
Bad, this is a terrible way to japa. On an armed forces remembrance day? He must have thought of his life in service and after service, and saw no future, then decided to end it there. What a pity. RIP to him.

16 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by tiswell(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16
Goodnight soja!

4 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Nigercity: 10:15pm On Jan 16
Nawa oh
Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by LivingLight(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16
This is not ordinary. Let the MP do a very thorough investigation.

Post aside,

If you need someone to do your Data project, I am available. Whether BSc and/or MSc.
You can reach me on Whatsapp +2.3.4.8.1.0.1.2.7.7.2.6.3

Also, if you are interested in learning Data analytics, I'm available.

2 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by eliyke(m): 10:15pm On Jan 16
sad me nd one of my paddy wey dey abroad dey chat,I dey tell am hw almost everybody dey plan japa,werey dey ask who go come fight 4 d country,I tell d werey say soldiers sef dey find way who then bloody civilian like me come be,d mumu say na true oooo,say e knw some few guys wey b former Nigeria soldiers wey e meet there

14 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Skillsnigeria: 10:15pm On Jan 16
Hmmm
Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by muyico(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16
Our system failed u, sorry brother? Rest in peace

14 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by jimcaddy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16
Baba decided to end it all rather than to continue to live in suffering in this country. It is better one ends it all. This country does not look hopeful.

5 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Gentlechika(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16
People are going through a lot, irrespective of the position they occupy in the society. RIP

4 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by DavSagacity(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16
Cruise777:
shocked

RIP officer

E no easy.. abeg reach out to your loved ones, 100 recharge card no go kill you

Ask how they are fairing, joke and banter wish them well and good luck

Honestly people are really going through a lot in silence

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Fatbam005: 10:17pm On Jan 16
A spirit whispered to him, and that was all

12 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by DivinegiftofGod: 10:17pm On Jan 16
This is their aim, to reduce the population by inducing hardship but God pass them.

Power must change hands very soon.. angry

Rest on gallant soldier.

10 Likes

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Frenzyboy(m): 10:17pm On Jan 16
This is very sad...rip officer. Things like this happens when we have bad Economy and Bad leaders. Reason why APC remains to be the most useless Party. Very useless

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by PheelzAlmighty: 10:17pm On Jan 16
What a wrong way to die
Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by kernniejay(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16
What could have happened? The other day it was a young bank staff that drank insecticide after writing a suicide note about her frustration, now this. So many people are passing through a lot, but a problem shared with a faithful friend is half solved. Everybody needs a shoulder to lean on. RIP to him.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by Omoapena(m): 10:19pm On Jan 16
MajorOvakporaye:
I suspect foul play here. This can actually be murder instead of suicide

Use your head, how can murder case happen in the midst of many soldiers and no 1 will see it, it's a clear case of suicide since he has access to personal rifle...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boyi Thankgod: Soldier commits 'suicide' in Ogun Barracks by LeeSmart: 10:19pm On Jan 16
I thought Nig. Soldiers are well taken care of compared to de Nig. Police?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide On Facebook Live Over Girlfriend (Photos) / Bennet Omalu Receives Highest American Medical Association Award / Coronavirus: Increase Prices Of Face Mask, Sanitizer and Go To Jail – FG (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.