Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola (37691 Views)

"The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years / What Happening To The Johnsons TV Series / Bbnaija: “khafi Now Has A Sense Of Purpose Since Gedoni Left The House” – Ike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by delishpot: 9:34am On Jan 17
You want say those years you spent with them didn't benefit you in any way?
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by GUNITGuy: 9:45am On Jan 17
This one needs to learn mannerism especially in Public places....You don't cast aspersions on the People or Ladder you use to climb no matter what you might need them ..You've arrived, you got married too from the same Platform .......
Learn from western culture of Courtesy and be Courteous in your choice of words it's shows the Level of Wisdom you possess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Calitoscassius(m): 9:47am On Jan 17
epainos:

When dem tell you....go better school...you go say na scam. See your life.

Go and learn the difference between investing time and investing money .

I don't need to know you before I understand that you are dead upstairs cos you no go better school. Your post is enough to show that. Likewise, those evil posts are enough to show those guys are evil.

Mind you...you are a potential demon grin too cos you are likely to beef your ex-employee cos you want them to keep worshipping you. Repent now.

Lastly, I want you to get it into your dead brain that everyone is nobody at the start of life. So, it is nothing new. So, because the show was a platform for his stardom mean he shouldn't make progress? Did he say he is not grateful? That he is grateful does not mean that he did not invest in the show. And yes, the show was not his dream. Was it? You better go correct school so you don't sound like an idiot and a demon.
I am not surprised, see how you are dishing out insults every opportunity you get, have i ever scammed your father?

And now you call me a dead brain? grin grin you and I may not agree on this topic but we might agree in another topic. But hey! What would be the point? My brain is dead! I am an idiot and a demon, all these are just words, it doesn't hurt me, so continue, Everyone who doesn't agree with you, you call all manners of derogatory names.

You think i don't know what investing or invest means? grin grin just because you managed to type on your phone, you think you are more educated than everyone else..

NB. On invest or investing, if your Son lives with you, rent free,free food, and free everything and relies on you for emotional support. Would that be termed as you his father investing in him or not? You don't have to answer, invest or investing can be interpreted in different context. It is not binary.

I have no beef with you. I am here to learn and catch fun. grin grin there is no need for the derogatory remarks if you are eduacted as you claimed, you would know that. If you cross path with me in the street would be this rude? I doubt it. Faceless forum has made it easy for you to be rude to people you don't know for no reason.

Be lucky!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by GUNITGuy: 9:53am On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:
I am not surprised, see how you are dishing out insults every opportunity you get, have i ever scammed your father?

And now you call me a dead brain? grin grin you and I may not agree on this topic but we might agree in another topic. But hey! What would be the point? My brain is dead! I am an idiot and a demon, all these are just words, it doesn't hurt me, so continue, Everyone who doesn't agree with you, you call all manners of derogatory names.

You think i don't know what investing or invest means? grin grin just because you managed to type on your phone, you think you are more educated than everyone else..

NB. On invest or investing, if your Son lives with you, rent free, free food, and free everything? Would that be termed as you his father investing in him or not? You don't have to answer, invest or investing can be interpreted in different context. It is not binary.

I have no beef with you. I am here to learn and catch fun. grin grin there is no need for the derogatory remarks if you are eduacted as you claimed, you would know that. If you cross path with me in the street would be this rude? I doubt it.

Be lucky!
Well said and Reasonable reply

1 Like

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Calitoscassius(m): 9:57am On Jan 17
GUNITGuy:

Well said and Reasonable reply
Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by epainos: 10:29am On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:

NB. On invest or investing, if your Son lives with you, rent free,free food, and free everything and relies on you for emotional support. Would that be termed as you his father investing in him or not? You don't have to answer, invest or investing can be interpreted in different context. It is not binary.

I have no beef with you. I am here to learn and catch fun. grin grin there is no need for the derogatory remarks if you are eduacted as you claimed, you would know that. If you cross path with me in the street would be this rude? I doubt it. Faceless forum has made it easy for you to be rude to people you don't know for no reason.

Be lucky!
So you can tone down your post. Lol. Na waooo. You just attacked my post like Mr. Macho. Now that you got a good response, you want to play St. Peters. angry

Look at the bolded part, and compare it with what I told you to do. Must I spell it for you? Uma go say person dey insult you. Why not just scram if you know you don't have the right answer? Oga...go and learn about "investing time". Your kids staying with you is not a time investment. Ha ba!

Your kind sees your kids as an investment. Wrong approach. This is still the useless Nigerian mentality we need to correct. Oga, putting in time to train your kids is not investing time in them. When you invest, you must gain back. This is an investment. But you brought the kids into this world, and it is your primary obligation to look after them. If you were in a better country, you could freely give them out. But you won't be allowed to give birth to more and throw them away. Taking care of your kids is an obligation you need to cater for. It is your obligation.

In Nigeria, you always say children are investments...una heads no correct ni. If una heads are correct, we will modernize our healthcare system and set up care homes...not depending on our kids to take care of us in our old age.

For sure, if the kids want to do it and opt for the parents to live with them...fine. Why not? This is why it is good to be good to kids and building a good relationship with them is vital. But Nigerian daddies are psychopaths. grin Always trying to force their will on their kids. This is why they don't agree with the system abroad. Na to dish out corporate punishment dem sabi. Ma.d set of people.

Your assignment is to learn about Increasing your value while investing time in others. Go and learn about this, and it will be well with you.

Shalom bro!
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Calitoscassius(m): 10:38am On Jan 17
epainos:

So you can tone down your post. Lol. Na waooo. You just attacked my post like Mr. Macho. Now that you got a good response, you want to play St. Peters. angry

Look at the bolded part, and compare it with what I told you to do. Must I spell it for you? Uma go say person dey insult you. Why not just scram if you know you don't have the right answer? Oga...go and learn about "investing time". Your kids staying with you is not a time investment. Ha ba!

Your kind sees your kids as an investment. Wrong approach. This is still the useless Nigerian mentality we need to correct. Oga, putting in time to train your kids is not investing time in them. When you invest, you must gain back. This is an investment. But you brought the kids into this world, and it is your primary obligation to look after them. If you were in a better country, you could freely give them out. But you won't be allowed to give birth to more and throw them away. Taking care of your kids is an obligation you need to cater for. It is your obligation.

In Nigeria, you always say children are investments...una heads no correct ni. If una heads are correct, we will modernize our healthcare system and set up care homes...not depending on our kids to take care of us in our old age.

For sure, if the kids want to do it and opt for the parents to live with them...fine. Why not? This is why it is good to be good to kids and building a good relationship with them is vital. But Nigerian daddies are psychopaths. grin Always trying to force their will on their kids. This is why they don't agree with the system abroad. Na to dish out corporate punishment dem sabi. Ma.d set of people.

Your assignment is to learn about Increasing your value while investing time in others. Go and learn about this, and it will be well with you.

Shalom bro!
I never attacked you! Mate! grin go back and read my initial response to your comment, point out where i insulted you, i began with telling you that you are no different from the people you are calling evil, is that an attack? Or insult? Do you even know what attack means? grin Jeeez!

Look! I can be very rude also, i can be a bloody bully it is just that not in not all the time or on everything and i am not St Peter, what ever da fork that mean? I just wanted to teach you how to be civil to people you don't know personally and stop calling people evil without ever meeting them.
The guy who claimed he invested in the show was he not paid? The show may have invested in him hopping that he will stay longer with the show but instead he left them.
You see? How you just misunderstood my example of invest with if your son lives you? And how you interpreted it differently? That is why i said invest can be interpreted in different ways. Your interpretation is not what i meant, you can let your son iive with you rent free, free food and free everything because you may want them to be able to estabilish themselves before moving outta your house, so that they don't come running back to you if they cannot survive on their own, that can be termed as investing in them, i am not a Naigerian father, i would never depend on my sons, if anything they depend on me. grin you are still being derogatory, only you thinks your head correct, you are so ignorant man!

Stop lecturing me. Or giving me an assignment, you are not knowdgeable enough to do so.. grin and stop thinking you know me, you don't! Just as i don't know you!

You still think you are right grin i give up!

I am not your bro!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by mamawa123: 11:11am On Jan 17
Bro, I hear you
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Jan 17
Odewaleadesoye:
Nigerian actor, Samuel Ajibola has revealed why he quit the popular soap opera, ‘The Johnsons.’

The thespian who played the role of Spiff, an imbecilic clown in the soap opera, said he left the television serial to chase his dreams.

He said leaving the soap opera has re-established him as a producer and director.

Speaking in a recent interview with Channels TV, Ajibola said: [/b]
DAILY POST

Interview could have been better worded.
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Bigchristo: 12:45pm On Jan 17
Mokason288:

Lol 😆😆… don’t blame me…

I saw a skit many years ago spiff and Obasanjo … I was sincerely wondering how he got the connection to Obasanjo

Until I saw spiff’s son grin
😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by epainos: 12:51pm On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:
I never attacked you! Mate! grin go back and read my initial response to your comment, point out where i insulted you, i began with telling you that you are no different from the people you are calling evil, is that an attack? Do you even know what attack means? grin Jeeez!

Look! I can be very rude also, i can be a bloody bully it just that i am not in that mood now and i am not St Peter, what ever da fork that mean? I just wanted to teach you how to be civil to people you don't know personally and stop calling people evil without ever meeting them.
The guy who claimed he invested in the show was he not paid? The show may have invested in him hopping that he will stay longer with the show but instead he left them.
You see? How you just misunderstood my example of invest with if your son lives you? And how you interpreted it differently? That is why i said invest can be interpreted in different ways. Your interpretation is not what i meant, you can let your son iive with you rent free, free food and free everything because you may want them to be able to estabilish themselves before moving outta your house, so that they don't come running back to you if they cannot survive on their own, that can be termed as investing in them, i am not a Naigerian father, i would never depend on my sons, if anything they depend on me. grin you are still being derogatory, only you thinks your head correct, you are so ignorant man!

Stop lecturing me. Or giving me an assignment, you are not knowdgeable enough to do so.. grin and stop thinking you know me, you don't! Just as i don't know you!

You still think you are right grin i give up!

I am not your bro!

Hmmm. You are my brother whether you like it or not. grin I like an attribute you have, but I won't tell you. Just keep it up. I like people like that. I have it too. Don't ask me ooo cos I won't tell you. wink

Well, my point is that Stiff invested his time too in the show. That the show was the platform to stardom does not mean he also does not invest in it. 9 years no be beans bro. If you jam "use and dump", you will get my point.

Of course, Stiff was paid, and it is compulsory he must be paid. Lol. Let the producer and director not pay na. Let them look for volunteers na...they will know what's up. Business is Business. I want you to know this...employers cannot function without employees. This is how it is. Poverty is the reason we worship employers here....guy, you better join guys who work online and earn dollars in Naija. Na soo ooo. You will dump that useless N500k job if you jam a good offer.

This life is about cooperation. Yes, I agree that he invested in the show big time. Spiff did a wonderful job there. To be honest, can you say the show is still the same standard? Lol. What if he had left earlier? Perhaps the show would have crashed...or maybe not.

I agree that we should appreciate our employer and the platform we use to climb the ladder, but we should value ourselves too. We all need to work together to achieve good things. The show producer and director may not be successful too without Stiff. Who knows? Maybe.

Rema was nobody before Don Jazzy met him...and will you say Rema is not investing in Jazzy's business? Ok...let him not sign Rema na...perhaps he won't have singers who are in the limelight. Forget Tiwa...cos she was already gonna be there before Jazzy signed her. And I am not saying Rema is the reason for his singers to have more recognition. Yes, Jazzy has been known in the international scene, but Rema pushed him out more. So...Rema isn't investing now...right? Rema could have dumped Jazzy like 2 years ago when he got to the top, but he didn't. Would you say Rema would be a traitor or betrayal if he dumped him? Yes..I think many will think so. But not me. For me...I won't crucify him. He doesn't have to be with Jazzy. This is the truth. But Jazzy himself is not bad. You wan go...carry your load...he does not give a damn. Why? Cos he knows he has what it takes to find a replacement. But will the replacement move very fast like Rema? We don't know. This is life.

There are so many scenarios that can occur....so, life is simple. Stiff is not wrong for saying he invested in the show because he surely did. Na you dey see an as an insult or whatever.

Enough....I said too much already. I wish you the best bro.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Calitoscassius(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17
epainos:

Hmmm. You are my brother whether you like it or not. grin I like an attribute you have, but I won't tell you. Just keep it up. I like people like that. I have it too. Don't ask me ooo cos I won't tell you. wink

Well, my point is that Stiff invested his time too in the show. That the show was the platform to stardom does not mean he also does not invest in it. 9 years no be beans bro. If you jam "use and dump", you will get my point.

Of course, Stiff was paid, and it is compulsory he must be paid. Lol. Let the producer and director not pay na. Let them look for volunteers na...they will know what's up. Business is Business. I want you to know this...employers cannot function without employees. This is how it is. Poverty is the reason we worship employers here....guy, you better join guys who work online and earn dollars in Naija. Na soo ooo. You will dump that useless N500k job if you jam a good offer.

This life is about cooperation. Yes, I agree that he invested in the show big time. Spiff did a wonderful job there. To be honest, can you say the show is still the same standard? Lol. What if he had left earlier? Perhaps the show would have crashed...or maybe not.

I agree that we should appreciate our employer and the platform we use to climb the ladder, but we should value ourselves too. We all need to work together to achieve good things. The show producer and director may not be successful too without Stiff. Who knows? Maybe.

Rema was nobody before Don Jazzy met him...and will you say Rema is not investing in Jazzy's business? Ok...let him not sign Rema na...perhaps he won't have singers who are in the limelight. Forget Tiwa...cos she was already gonna be there before Jazzy signed her. And I am not saying Rema is the reason for his singers to have more recognition. Yes, Jazzy has been known in the international scene, but Rema pushed him out more. So...Rema isn't investing now...right? Rema could have dumped Jazzy like 2 years ago when he got to the top, but he didn't. Would you say Rema would be a traitor or betrayal if he dumped him? Yes..I think many will think so. But not me. For me...I won't crucify him. He doesn't have to be with Jazzy. This is the truth. But Jazzy himself is not bad. You wan go...carry your load...he does not give a damn. Why? Cos he knows he has what it takes to find a replacement. But will the replacement move very fast like Rema? We don't know. This is life.

There are so many scenarios that can occur....so, life is simple. Stiff is not wrong for saying he invested in the show because he surely did. Na you dey see an as an insult or whatever.

Enough....I said too much already. I wish you the best bro.

Good luck!
Makes so much sense and i agree..you see? You can reason without being obnoxious. grin

I have never even watched his show or even ever heard of the "Johnsons" show, i was going by what the article said.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by atiku4President(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17
epainos:
Wow! Wow!!! Wow!!!

Nigeria has happened to so many people ooo.

I counted all the posts before mine, and only one apart from OP seems OK.

Wow!

Number 1: I pray to God to give me employees who will take my job offer as their investment cos they will do well. And I know that they must go one day. 9 good years is enough to work with anyone.

Number 2: Everyone is unknown so Stiff's case is not different. It doesn't make him ungrateful.

Number 3: How else do you want him to say it when you tag it as a wrong choice of words? I don't get Nigerians ooo. Una no even want your employees to make progress? Or not to talk about it? No wonder una dey do juju to tie your employees. Wow!

Number 4: He served for a good 9 years, and he said he left cos he wanted to try something new for himself. What is wrong in saying that he has invested enough in others? If I was the employer, I would appreciate this guy.

Mehn! These are the real typical Nigerians we have in this thread. This thread has shown how nasty Nigerians are. Wow! Damn!

And many more comments will come after this. Wow! As in over 99% of the losses before me are evil. This is why Nigeria won't make progress...and na dem dey go church snd mosque past. grin Evil people.

May you all NEVER do something of your own since you are not happy for that young man. Wetin him talk that you are being so nasty to him? Mehn! How come God just dump these kinds of evil people in Nigerihua? Mehn! These are evil men.

Poverty....see how poverty and unemployment have brought out the evil in these demons. Lol grin
Nigerians worship their employers now. Chai. No wonder they worship politicians. Lol.

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

You may be the real victim of "Nigeria happening to many people oo". Whatever that one means.
Nothing beats humility. You cannot forget the days of little beginning cos no one was born a champion. You don't build castles in the air, therefore, there's always a foundation to every solid structure. He was careless with his words and never appreciated that being in The Johnsons was a learning curve for him. There's need for people to be humble, even in victory. It's the springboard for greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by epainos: 5:32pm On Jan 17
atiku4President:

You may be the real victim of "Nigeria happening to many people oo". Whatever that oneeans.
Nothing beats humility. You cannot forget the days of little beginning cos no one was born a champion. You don't build castles in the air, therefore, there's always a foundation to every solid structure. He was careless with his words and never appreciated that being in The Johnsons was a learning curve for him. There's need for people to be humble, even in victory. It's the springboard for greatness.
Careless kor, Caricature ni. grin
Nigerians with "lording over" mentality. I cannot repeat myself mehn. Do yourself a favor and read through my past posts on the issue.

Good luck!
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by HeadNigga: 6:48pm On Jan 17
Whois:
Yea. I knew they're people that will code. Btw do know Ajibola was a comlag star. He was in my set smiley

lol...I knew him personally. He was in palm house, I think. Was a set or two ahead of me...I think he was a transferred bastard
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by BennyDGreat: 7:03pm On Jan 17
GUNITGuy:
This one needs to learn mannerism especially in Public places....You don't cast aspersions on the People or Ladder you use to climb no matter what you might need them ..You've arrived, you got married too from the same Platform .......
Learn from western culture of Courtesy and be Courteous in your choice of words it's shows the Level of Wisdom you possess

You have spoken well.
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by BennyDGreat: 7:06pm On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:

Be lucky!

So many folks here are poor with words...
I advice you just ignore the fellow....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Neddyogu(m): 7:14pm On Jan 17
He has paid his dues. Only constant thing in life is change. Move on bro, bon chançe.
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:01pm On Jan 17
And you listened to your wife grin
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by aalangel(f): 7:31am On Jan 18
jaeyking:
You invested in someone's dream

See ungratefulness

Who knows u if not the Johnson

You should appreciate them and see them as a stepping stone into something better

After "The Johnsons", I don't know him anymore. He used the wrong words. Who doesn't invest in someone's dream?
Re: Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola by Ravenna: 4:16pm On Jan 22
4everisaac:
This one have been listening to motivational speakers. grin
I wish he dooesn't regret it like he said.

I nead a grey card, pls put me thru

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son / BBNaija: CeeC In NYSC Khaki As A Corper (Throwback Photo) / Man Twerks On Yes You Can Naija Reality TV Show. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.