Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover (36644 Views)

Aba Residents Groan As Rain Washes Off Newly Constructed People's Road (Video) / Residents Stranded As Heavy Downpour Cuts Off Olodo Bridge In Ibadan, Oyo State / Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Kukutente23: 9:42pm On Jan 16
AchrafHakimi:
grin grin
The fire will spread faster due to brown roofs.
You're stupid I hope you know

2 Likes

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by smyo(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16
victorDanladi:

But they Say Igbo people are intelligent na

Abi wetin be be this
How do you know he is igbo, you hatred for that tribe is unimaginable

2 Likes

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by lwisee: 9:45pm On Jan 16
It's probably a gas tanker explosion.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by olisamax(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16
I have just received info that the explosion was as a result of the govt or those that they engaged trying to blast some rocks, to create access, to the proposed Baywood Estate.

The quantity of charge used may just have been far in excess of what was required.

1 Like

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by symbianDON(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16
If it's an earth tremor, it won't be the first time it's happening in Ibadan. Let's hope it isn't something more serious.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Maxtipulation(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
Blame those quarry people operating all over the state,
They use different kinds of explosions to blast rocks,
If they do blasting It always shake the foundation of the earth.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Justkatty(f): 9:49pm On Jan 16
AchrafHakimi:
grin grin
The fire will spread faster due to brown roofs.
Oga rest! Kilode
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by iswallker(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16
Awon khaki boys..
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Maxtipulation(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16
Ibadan, one of the places that I visited and never wish to visit again.

1 Like

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by yemmit90: 9:55pm On Jan 16
Adenex3051:
Sango-Leventis Ibadan, Alakia Monatanetc

Lies, nothing like that.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by ellizy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16
This might be gas explotion. Abule-ado in lagos had similar experience
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Tunjikam(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16
Larwin:
Which part of ibadan?

Oga read it before you ask question.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Mohisah: 10:05pm On Jan 16
Larwin:

It's on twitter also, I am in Akala Akobo and didn't feel anything. I hope it's not bomb blast!
I believe it gas explosion like Lagos dat year
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by tiswell(m): 10:07pm On Jan 16
AllenSpencer:

You don't have to hawk your stupidity in a public space!
there is no stupidity in what he said
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by nyabinghi(m): 10:07pm On Jan 16
Bmaster:
no go find cover,dey there dey whine ur mouth.tremor go soon reach your side mr intelligence
Tremor reach who,I no dey stay una side
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by tete7000(m): 10:11pm On Jan 16
Maxtipulation:
Ibadan, one of the states that I visited and never wish to visit again.

Ibadan, a state? Olodo trying to catch cruise. May God help you.

1 Like

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Iceberg3: 10:12pm On Jan 16
Oh Lord, please have mercy on us
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Layi4real(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16
obinna58:
U sure say Europe never start world war as we don begin experience the effects of nuke
it probably an earthquake...... a whole estate collapse Nd there re casualties Nd loss of life's
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by 12inchess: 10:18pm On Jan 16
nautybride:

We too dey rush for this country, tremor, gas explosion....... No real explanation.
Is it tremor or gas explosion or bomb blast. Nigerians and carrying rumours with no real journalist to do the real reporting. Mschewwww angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by GindoX(m): 10:31pm On Jan 16
So there's no body from that area gan gan to give us genuine updates? But if na person d**ck hang inside hole, updates of how, where and time it happened would have flooded everywhere. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Raylight2(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16
Adenex3051:
We just felt a major land tremor in several parts of Ibadan Oyo state about 30-40 minutes ago resulting in louvers and glass ware breakages. A friend has his flat screen TV fall but thankfully the screen remained intact.
Was this tremor felt in any neighbouring states or other part of the country?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/residents-of-ibadan-run-for-cover-as-tremor-shakes-major-parts/amp/

What kind of Tremor? Does Tremor causes a big bang?
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by delpee(f): 11:31pm On Jan 16
hadedayor10:
I heard the sound at old Ife road axis......the sound effects get as e be considering it happened at bodija and I heard it here.......

Ha! That's a bit far from Bodija.
Hope it's not an earthquake.
May God be with you all.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by delpee(f): 11:34pm On Jan 16
olisamax:
I have just received info that the explosion was as a result of the govt or those that they engaged trying to blast some rocks, to create access, to the proposed Baywood Estate.

The quantity of charge used may just have been far in excess of what was required.

Agodi Gardens where you have Baywood is not close to Awolowo in Bodija where the said explosion happened.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by APOSTLECHUMA: 11:52pm On Jan 16
GOFRONT:
Watch as Righteousness19 would come here to say its a Sign of Endtime......

GAS EXPLOSION AND LAND TREMOR ALL IN THESAME CITY AND THESAME DAY ? THESE ARE FLASHING RED LIGHTS OF THE SOON COMING OF CHRIST FOR THOSE THAT HAVE EYES TO SEE.

1 Like

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by MT: 12:19am On Jan 17
Larwin:

Heard its a gas station of that exploded. Also that a building in uch collapsed. So many casualties. Not verified O.

Lies from the pit of hell grin grin grin

Thank God you said you didnt verify o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by shotuns: 2:32am On Jan 17
This isn't coincidence, not earthquake, not tremors, it is the handy work of the land grabbers, the Ogun is already on our footstep. Yoruba make una wake up.
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by highoctane: 4:47am On Jan 17
Don't rule out minor earth quake.

I read that an earth tremor happened in Abeokuta decades ago in 1949 and around September 11th 2009 in Ibadan.

What is NEMA saying or their observations?
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Segxydube: 5:43am On Jan 17
Larwin:

Heard its a gas station of that exploded. Also that a building in uch collapsed. So many casualties. Not verified O.

Its not gas oo.. Na real bomb
Re: Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover by Larwin(m): 7:27am On Jan 17
MT:

Lies from the pit of hell grin grin grin

Thank God you said you didnt verify o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make I wash my hand na grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Migrants Including Nigerians Allowed To Enter Europe After 18 Days. Photos / Canada Immigration Express Entry / UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.