Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,250 members, 7,822,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm (17388 Views)

What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) / Ibadan Explosion: Before And After Photos Of A Lucky Survivor / Ariel View Of Ibadan Explosion before and after(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by seunlayi(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16
Better
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Kingrshd3: 9:51pm On Jan 16
olisamax:
I have just received info that the explosion was as a result of the govt or those that they engaged trying to blast some rocks, to create access, to the proposed Baywood Estate.

The quantity of charge used may just have been far in excess of what was required.

Who are u that received a message mtheew

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by laurel03(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16
DaTruths:
Did the explosion affected brown roofs?
happened around Bodija where your father cant afford property in that axis...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by smokinloud(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16
God is in control
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Elemosho478: 9:51pm On Jan 16
MrBanner:
Praying for my Oyo people

Prayer is useless if it is useful nothing bad would happen in the first place. Despite praying a lot during new year's eve many still died and are still dying.

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by spagettiluv: 9:51pm On Jan 16
olisamax:
I have just received info that the explosion was as a result of the govt or those that they engaged trying to blast some rocks, to create access, to the proposed Baywood Estate.

The quantity of charge used may just have been far in excess of what was required.
the allocated land for Baywood estate is not anywhere close to the place the explosion happened

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Stronghold91: 9:52pm On Jan 16
AchrafHakimi:
Na dried brown roof spread that fire.
Ceramic roofing sheets don't burn fast.
Abeg seun ban this man now
this one want to cause problem

6 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Melagros(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16
DaTruths:
grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by layigold(m): 9:53pm On Jan 16
When does it become a crime to report what comes to one notice in a situation like this , well it is not everyone that will be reasonable in thinking and character
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by NinjaMetahuman: 9:55pm On Jan 16
DaTruths:
nope
It disconnected your mushy brain from your fingers.

5 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Richards990: 9:56pm On Jan 16
Wft is making lmao on this
Mumu
Must you comment if you no get sense

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Truths9ja: 9:56pm On Jan 16
It was a blast and not gas explosion 💥 incident
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by iswallker(m): 9:56pm On Jan 16
ASHTAROTH:

He/she is violating some rules here Seun
Can someone ban this guy?

We all need a laugh at the end of a day..

shocked
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by APCHaram: 9:56pm On Jan 16
olisamax:

Rock blasting at night and close to residential areas ?

Not buying this.

It's not also an earthquake as earthquakes are not explosive in nature .

I am not buying the gas explosion as well as the pressure shock wave was felt far and wide.

I would have said a probable meteorite strike but I am ruling that out as well because a meteorite strike would have been visible in the sky before impact.

This is looking more like an explosion resulting from an explosive device

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Desusi: 9:56pm On Jan 16
AchrafHakimi:
So na the brown roof dey pained you? We are talking about lives. All the jungle village boys dey mocked Ibadan. Your papa village find past celica?

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Udoboss(m): 9:57pm On Jan 16
Hillarie:
Having felt the impact firsthand at my hostel in UI, I really hope they come up with a convincing and non-fatal explanation.

Felt more like a tremor anyway.

Yes na...

Nobody fit tell me say no be bomb... they need better explanation or a good cover up story

Omo see big man lyk me dey run like small pikin

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Elinosweet143(f): 9:57pm On Jan 16
My prayers are with the people in that area, although some people sef for the Ibadan no Sabi say anything happen, na we wen dey far dey gist them say Ibadan dey shake
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by APCHaram: 9:57pm On Jan 16
Elemosho478:

Prayer is useless if it is useful nothing bad would happen in the first place. Despite praying a lot during new year's eve many still died and are still dying.

Watch your heathen tongue
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Udoboss(m): 9:58pm On Jan 16
APCHaram:

Rock blasting at night and close to residential areas ?

Not buying this.

It's not also an earthquake as earthquakes are not explosive in nature .

I am not buying the gas explosion as well as the pressure shock wave was felt far and wide.

I would have said a probable meteorite strike but I am ruling that out as well because a meteorite strike would have been visible in the sky before impact.

This is looking more like an explosion resulting from an explosive device

Gasland is fine....I stay close by..

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Onkoolos: 9:58pm On Jan 16
DaTruths:

Oloriburuku undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Fatbam005: 9:58pm On Jan 16
Kingrshd3:

Who are u that received a message mtheew
Him be honourable commissioner of information for the state.. Joker
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Christlike01: 9:58pm On Jan 16
Ibadan maja maja to se ko ara iwaju leru ! Anybody wey wan fight should come out, Yoruba won't run for anybody's father ! The explosion should better be linked to gas 'cause if not, if e come be like say na some idiots dey monkey......your bodi go tell o !

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by APCHaram: 9:59pm On Jan 16
Hillarie:
Having felt the impact firsthand at my hostel in UI, I really hope they come up with a convincing and non-fatal explanation.

Felt more like a tremor anyway.

Shock wave from a gas explosion will not be that powerful .

Hope it's not what I am thinking.
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Hillarie(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16
Udoboss:

Yes na...

Nobody fit tell me say no be bomb... they need better explanation or a good cover up story

Omo see big man lyk me dey run like small pikin

Big man pikin got me 😂
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Omoapena(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16
techycontents:
We pray it is just an explosion and we hope no casualties were recorded

There are many casualties tho, goto Twitter and see lifeless bodies everywhere..
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by ASHTAROTH: 10:01pm On Jan 16
iswallker:

We all need a laugh at the end of a day..

shocked

Oh I see, so you are one of those who delight and find comic relief in other people's sadness and predicament? You are nothing but a psychopath!

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Elemosho478: 10:01pm On Jan 16
APCHaram:

Watch your heathen tongue

Brainwashed mofo

If Prayer is useful nothing bad would be happening but it is all useless

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Christlike01: 10:01pm On Jan 16
DaTruths:

You should be worried about these !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by APCHaram: 10:01pm On Jan 16
Omoapena:

There are many casualties tho, goto Twitter and see lifeless bodies everywhere..

Nah wah.
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by MrBanner(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16
Elemosho478:

Oga shut up, who asked you? ITK
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Medsimon01(m): 10:02pm On Jan 16
AchrafHakimi:
seun, Ban this fellow!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Begin Local Production Of E-passports / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One / Car Rammed Into Pap Seller, Injured Her And 2 Of Her Grandchildren In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.