Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) (41902 Views)

Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) / Hotel Building Collapses In Ibadan, 7 People Injured / Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by zoraro(m): 9:58am On Jan 17
CHIOMAEZEH:
Chai....this is no illegal mining activity that is being reported....hope it's not what I am thinking? All the same, Naija no safe at all again ooo

I know what you are thinking. Maybe the Nigerian Army has accidentally released another bomb.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by arantess: 9:59am On Jan 17
Just as the Abuja kidnappings was gaining momentum and outcry, boom in ibadan.

(In sound sultans voice) Me I Fear these government people
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Osashalom: 9:59am On Jan 17
Nbotee:
The crazy thing about all this is not 1 person will be brought to book nor will the people ever get to know the real cause of the explosion. There was a massive explosion sometime ago in lagos which was attributed to a gas leak and all, what became of the investigations. Yet again people have lost their lives, livelihood and properties and may never even know why
Such a pathetic reality
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 10:03am On Jan 17
Really sad
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by lomprico(m): 10:16am On Jan 17
Glimpsetv:
Pictures 1 and 2 show the injured and deceased being carried away by vans.

People died!
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by ericmor: 10:27am On Jan 17
Nbotee:
The crazy thing about all this is not 1 person will be brought to book nor will the people ever get to know the real cause of the explosion. There was a massive explosion sometime ago in lagos which was attributed to a gas leak and all, what became of the investigations. Yet again people have lost their lives, livelihood and properties and may never even know why

Have beginning to suspect the government themselves because they never get involve in all these tragedy and never brought anybody to book. Anything that happens to the masses is none of there business as long as they keep looting our money and business is going fine

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by ericmor: 10:32am On Jan 17
hotspec:
Those people in pic 1 and 2 are not dead but injured. But it's a pity they're transported that way. No ambulance? No car?

Can you imagine, and some people will still come and defend this country when you say things are not working and we have a bad system. The people of this country self don't know what they are doing, their brains have been polluted by the politicians
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Nomerci: 10:32am On Jan 17
Bodiam,awolowo,bodija exit going to cemetery.. ace mall..domino's.all casted. Bodiam is not lekki.its still got euf brown roofs there.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by ericmor: 10:38am On Jan 17
delishpot:
Nigeria is a failed state. The polithiefcians embezzle billions in dollars and those who do the labour for them to sit back and Rob the nation dry are not even cared for... look, see how they transport people in need of urgent care from point of pickup to hospital.....see how they transport them like firewood. Like discarded carcasses of animals. These are people that require life saving care from the start o. What are their chances of survival at this rate. One pothole and all of them go pour for road.

If the numbers are much now you hear lies like no enough ambulance to convey the bodies and some mumu persons will still come and defend them. Just only 2 persons o

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Venom11(m): 10:53am On Jan 17
Westerhoffe:
May GOD have mercy on us and protect us all from all evil.

Amen.

But what I believe is only bombs can cause this kind of a damage.

If it's a bomb, the government should admit it and stop trying to cover it to prevent panic.
Aswear
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by codemaniacs: 11:34am On Jan 17
delishpot:
Nigeria is a failed state. The polithiefcians embezzle billions in dollars and those who do the labour for them to sit back and Rob the nation dry are not even cared for... look, see how they transport people in need of urgent care from point of pickup to hospital.....see how they transport them like firewood. Like discarded carcasses of animals. These are people that require life saving care from the start o. What are their chances of survival at this rate. One pothole and all of them go pour for road.
Houseontherock1:
The way they pack injured people like sardines in Nigeria is too crude and this is why many accident victims die before getting to the hospital! Nigeria is just strangely backward
abobote:
Why are they always using van to carry the dead and injured, what happened to ambulance

It's a way of teaching the citizens mediocrity and inflicting mental dis-orders on the citizens and people who see such images.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Tekuzukite: 11:54am On Jan 17
The aerial view of the area is attached.

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by 6ixVille: 12:12pm On Jan 17
My hometown, the most moderate city in Nigeria. Thought and prayers to the people affected
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by nathpope(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17
Imagine packing human beings like cow meat taken away to be processed when an ambulance is the ideal thing to use?
This country is "on God" mode..

Glimpsetv:
Pictures 1 and 2 show the injured and deceased being carried away by vans.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Tonididdyx: 12:44pm On Jan 17
Goodnewsforlife:
I stay in Ibadan, even till now nobody can ascertain what really happened but this morning I saw dominos shattered while ace mall is still intact

Only God knows what happened
This is not 1 12 or 50kg cylinder kinda explosion.
An explosion that was felt several towns away... Is def something hoooge!
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Goodnewsforlife: 12:47pm On Jan 17
Tonididdyx:

oga I stay in Ibadan n I have been to that area this morning

This is not terrorist attack but some people in an estate carrying out illegal mining for years n people around knows but nobody dare complain cos of the Nigerian factor ( u complain n police give u out n u get killed or u complain n police still arrest u n let d real culprits go)

Oga people who stay around the area made it clear it’s been going on for long

This is not about Fulani herdsmen or anything but Yoruba people themselves
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by noobody(m): 12:47pm On Jan 17
Tonididdyx:

Exactly,except it's a gas plant that exploded,and not sure any gas plant has suffered such loss around that area,there is something more to this.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by writeprof(m): 12:58pm On Jan 17
Goodnewsforlife:
oga I stay in Ibadan n I have been to that area this morning

This is not terrorist attack but some people in an estate carrying out illegal mining for years n people around knows but nobody dare complain cos of the Nigerian factor ( u complain n police give u out n u get killed or u complain n police still arrest u n let d real culprits go)

Oga people who stay around the area made it clear it’s been going on for long

This is not about Fulani herdsmen or anything but Yoruba people themselves

Please, what are they mining? Crude Oil, Gold, Diamond or what?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Goodnewsforlife: 1:03pm On Jan 17
noobody:

Exactly,except it's a gas plant that exploded,and not sure any gas plant has suffered such loss around that area,there is something more to this.
oga it’s not a gas plant

It’s an illegal mining site in an estate, many people know about it but can’t speak up cos it involves big men, callers called in on radio this morning n the presenter have to tell them not to mention their names on air

Big men dey involved, bodija na rich man area for Ibadan
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by noobody(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17
Goodnewsforlife:
oga it’s not a gas plant

It’s an illegal mining site in an estate, many people know about it but can’t speak up cos it involves big men, callers called in on radio this morning n the presenter have to tell them not to mention their names on air

Big men dey involved, bodija na rich man area for Ibadan

Oga,did I confirm it is a gas plant?

Glad to know it was caused by illegal miners,

I hope the so called big men are brought to justice
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Goodnewsforlife: 1:18pm On Jan 17
noobody:

I pray ooo make this one no b like that soka case
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Goodnewsforlife: 1:19pm On Jan 17
writeprof:

Please, what are they mining? Crude Oil, Gold, Diamond or what?
boss nobody knows cos that area no b any how area, na all those big men area wen b say u go dey see gate after gate with each gate having its security

Na only big men fit dey run that kind level
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by remiopash: 1:59pm On Jan 17
Sirheny007:
Erosion infested SE?
And those ones are even natural.

What if Oyo state is mocked for this?
And it's even man made..

Your guys are already mocking us .
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Cromagnon: 2:49pm On Jan 17
Westerhoffe:
May GOD have mercy on us and protect us all from all evil.

Amen.

But what I believe is only bombs can cause this kind of a damage.
[b]

Really? What of refuse
Corn
Fertilizer
Gas

If it's a bomb, the government should admit it and stop trying to cover it to prevent panic. [/b]
you want panic so mire people can die? Talk with sense
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17
Venom11:

Aswear

The picture I saw on frontpage is very likely to that of a car bomb.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by SolomonGrandi: 6:47pm On Jan 17
Westerhoffe:

Google is still active.

Then don’t ask questions you can get by applying 0.0000005% of your brain to research

Ignorance na disease
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Gilgil: 10:37pm On Jan 17
Why Glad?

Where is the proof it was from mining?
Where are the mining pits or drill paths?

noobody:

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Mysteriousworld: 6:50am On Jan 18
Nbotee:
Na attack.
No be mistake... Its a bomb... Not miners
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Mysteriousworld: 6:51am On Jan 18
Westerhoffe:

The picture I saw on frontpage is very likely to that of a car bomb.
God bless you. Thats an attack... Thats no mistake...
Seyi is covering up the truth to avoid panic
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Mysteriousworld: 6:53am On Jan 18
Cromagnon:
[b]

Really? What of refuse
Corn
Fertilizer
Gas

[/b]you want panic so mire people can die? Talk with sense

Its a bomb.. The govt is covering up something
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Mysteriousworld: 6:54am On Jan 18
Goodnewsforlife:
boss nobody knows cos that area no b any how area, na all those big men area wen b say u go dey see gate after gate with each gate having its security

Na only big men fit dey run that kind level
No be mining... That was a bomb attack
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Mysteriousworld: 6:54am On Jan 18
Eastcoastboy:

What exactly are they mining?
Na lie...
Na attack.
Na bomb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.