Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) (41908 Views)

Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) / Hotel Building Collapses In Ibadan, 7 People Injured / Three-Storey Building Collapses In Lagos, 3 People Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by MT: 9:05am On Jan 17
Glimpsetv:
The reverberations of the explosion echoed through various parts of the city, including Agbowo, Sango, Orogun, Bodija, UI, Akobo, Mokola, Secretariat, and other areas.

As of this report, the cause of the explosion remains unknown.

Glimpse TV has obtained videos showcasing the aftermath of the blast, revealing houses in ruins due to the impact of the explosion.

Notable buildings like Ace Mall, Dominos, and KFC have been affected by the recent, unexplained blast in Ibadan, as captured in the video.

While the exact number of casualties is yet to be determined, the footage shows some deceased individuals and wounded people being transported by patrol vans.

Please stay tuned for more information on the incident as we aim to provide updates once we have clearer details on the cause of the explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuCxtVp0dnk

The bolded is a big lie.

People should be careful the kind of news they circulate online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Geneh411: 9:05am On Jan 17
Sirheny007:
Erosion infested SE?
And those ones are even natural.

What if Oyo state is mocked for this?
And it's even man made..

What is this again, una no dey tire?

Just take your outrageous bigoted a** off this thread bro

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by hotspec(m): 9:05am On Jan 17
Glimpsetv:
Pictures 1 and 2 show the injured and deceased being carried away by vans.
Those people in pic 1 and 2 are not dead but injured. But it's a pity they're transported that way. No ambulance? No car?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Passionate1(m): 9:07am On Jan 17
Yeye country! Weh fire service?
Na van dem dey take transport people?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:09am On Jan 17
muller101:
Dynamite stored by miners

What exactly are they mining?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by muller101(m): 9:13am On Jan 17
Eastcoastboy:

What exactly are they mining?
Precious stones.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by SolomonGrandi: 9:14am On Jan 17
Westerhoffe:
May GOD have mercy on us and protect us all from all evil.

Amen.

But what I believe is only bombs can cause this kind of a damage.

If it's a bomb, the government should admit it and stop trying to cover it to prevent panic.

What exactly makes up a bomb?
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Desmondum: 9:14am On Jan 17
Nbotee:
The crazy thing about all this is not 1 person will be brought to book nor will the people ever get to know the real cause of the explosion. There was a massive explosion sometime ago in lagos which was attributed to a gas leak and all, what became of the investigations. Yet again people have lost their lives, livelihood and properties and may never even know why
Thank you for this, that's one thing I like about Oyinbo ppl, they search for the root cause
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by LordFA: 9:15am On Jan 17
Sirheny007:
Erosion infested SE?
And those ones are even natural.

What if Oyo state is mocked for this?
And it's even man made..

Rest!
Must everything be tribalised?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by delishpot: 9:15am On Jan 17
Nigeria is a failed state. The polithiefcians embezzle billions in dollars and those who do the labour for them to sit back and Rob the nation dry are not even cared for... look, see how they transport people in need of urgent care from point of pickup to hospital.....see how they transport them like firewood. Like discarded carcasses of animals. These are people that require life saving care from the start o. What are their chances of survival at this rate. One pothole and all of them go pour for road.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Houseontherock1: 9:15am On Jan 17
The way they pack injured people like sardines in Nigeria is too crude and this is why many accident victims die before getting to the hospital! Nigeria is just strangely backward

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by MayowaTallguy: 9:19am On Jan 17
Go hard or go home o!
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by candygist: 9:19am On Jan 17
God1000:
This is heartbreaking, I heard this ugly news on my way back from work this night, wishing the injured speedy recovery.

Ibadan is my place of residence, I'm going to sango tomorrow morning to have a look.

Is sango in Ogun state or Oyo State ?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by motionarena: 9:23am On Jan 17
Packing injured people like sardines inside pako van
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Ganbite: 9:24am On Jan 17
veekid:
Blast never reach ow many hours, una get mind go the place to take videos. Area where the government is supposed to barricade and ban people from moving near. What a state, what a country.My prayers are with the affected

Asin people get mind shaaa , u just said my mind here, infact if I'm there i will be far from all the venue for now if it's possible i will relocate for a while
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Ganbite: 9:24am On Jan 17
candygist:

Is sango in Ogun state or Oyo State ?

There is Sango both in Ogun state and Ibadan
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by cucumbar: 9:28am On Jan 17
Glimpsetv:
The reverberations of the explosion echoed through various parts of the city, including Agbowo, Sango, Orogun, Bodija, UI, Akobo, Mokola, Secretariat, and other areas.

As of this report, the cause of the explosion remains unknown.

Glimpse TV has obtained videos showcasing the aftermath of the blast, revealing houses in ruins due to the impact of the explosion.

Notable buildings like Ace Mall, Dominos, and KFC have been affected by the recent, unexplained blast in Ibadan, as captured in the video.

While the exact number of casualties is yet to be determined, the footage shows some deceased individuals and wounded people being transported by patrol vans.

Please stay tuned for more information on the incident as we aim to provide updates once we have clearer details on the cause of the explosion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuCxtVp0dnk
How come a lot of you making YouTube videos don’t know that those stupid logos you put in the middle of the video are a distraction?
Is it that you don’t watch the videos before uploading?

are we supposed to be watching your logo instead of the actual videos?

How can your logo be rotating on 3/4 of the screen you are projecting your video?

Instead of subscribing, I’ll just close such videos in irritation like I just did. I’m sure it will be the case for a whole lot of others.

I mean, this is common sense nau.

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:33am On Jan 17
muller101:
Precious stones.

That's so sad. Now precious lifes have been lost.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Kilometres: 9:37am On Jan 17
veekid:
Blast never reach ow many hours, una get mind go the place to take videos. Area where the government is supposed to barricade and ban people from moving near. What a state, what a country.My prayers are with the affected

In every disaster, even when barricaded, there is room for rescue workers, aides and press coverage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by soccerlite: 9:38am On Jan 17
Goodnewsforlife:
I stay in Ibadan, even till now nobody can ascertain what really happened but this morning I saw dominos shattered while ace mall is still intact

Only God knows what happened

Because it's sabotage
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Glimpsetv: 9:38am On Jan 17
cucumbar:
How come a lot of you making YouTube videos don’t know that those stupid logos you put in the middle of the video are a distraction?
Is it that you don’t watch the videos before uploading?

are we supposed to be watching your logo instead of the actual videos?

How can your logo be rotating on 3/4 of the screen you are projecting your video?

Instead of subscribing, I’ll just close such videos in irritation like I just did. I’m sure it will be the case for a whole lot of others.

I mean, this is common sense nau.

Thank you for your observation, and we sincerely apologize for the large logo displayed in our videos. Rest assured, we will examine this issue and ensure that we consistently provide you with videos that appeal to your viewing pleasure🙏
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 9:40am On Jan 17
SolomonGrandi:

What exactly makes up a bomb?

Google is still active.
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Eriokanmi: 9:41am On Jan 17
Goodnewsforlife:
oga keep quiet

Which terrorist?
Where u there?

Even me that I heard it loud n couldn’t even go near can’t say what happened but u are here telling us about terrorist

Oga calm down, no b everything we go take dey blame
It has never happened in Ibadan before. Its not just one place, several places. I have 2 brothers living with their family in oke ado, near tribune house, off imalenfalafia. One of them works at a bank at bodija. Seyi cited explosives sto calm the situation... in bodija of all places? Have you been to bodija before? Its the VI or lekki of ibadan, after oklluyole Estate at ring road. I lived there for 12 years. Most of you guys raining insults blindly on social media don't even know what you're talking about.

Gov Seyi said a normal thing a leader should say. After all, Jonathan said the same when suicide bombers were first reported in Nigeria, that it was a mere explosive and an average Nigerian loves to enjoy life more than taking their lives, and the rest was history and he later kept quiet.

I hope a stern warning would be sent out to prevent subsequent attacks. The owo massacre is still fresh in memory. Maybe because it happened in a church, they didn't say it was explosives . Now, the people of Ifon in Ondo State are being attacked by bandits regularly, Google is your friend. When bandits killed Ms olakunrin, daughter of pa fasoranti, they said it wasn't bandit, then they attacked pa falae's farm and people working there, then the owo church attack, and now, Ifon in Ondo state. Aren't they here already? Our leaders must act fast and now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Seunfretty: 9:41am On Jan 17
I stay around Apata and I heard the boom...it was like the ground got a big but ...my doors shook like someone tried to force it from outside ..had to leave the house incase any other thing is coming...having experienced that before ..I think it should be one massive explosive cos my house is Soo far from bodija ..even people leaving much further away than me heard it...haven't experienced such before
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by abobote: 9:43am On Jan 17
Why are they always using van to carry the dead and injured, what happened to ambulance

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Glimpsetv: 9:46am On Jan 17
MT:

The bolded is a big lie.

People should be careful the kind of news they circulate online.

Where exactly is the lie, bro?

https://www.nairaland.com/7972707/ibadan-explosion-document-found-indicates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CBEn8D3ok

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Curious345: 9:50am On Jan 17
Nigeria is a joke

See as them open carry the injured inside Hilux ; exposed to the elements .

Even Gaza will still come with ambulance despite 40yrs blockade and 100 days carpet bombing .

Nigeria lack of an Igbo president has completely destroyed her
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by FinPadi: 9:50am On Jan 17
FinPadi: Transforming Finances, Empowering Dreams!

Rapid Access, Minimal Hassle: Open your business account in just 5 minutes, no registration fuss—making financial freedom swift and easy.

Business Account Number: Get your exclusive account number instantly, paving the way for seamless transactions and quick payments.

Fee-Free Transactions: Say goodbye to fees! Send and receive payments without the burden of additional charges, because your success shouldn't come at a cost.

Effortless Bill Payments: Manage bills with ease through our intuitive platform, ensuring your financial journey is as smooth as possible.

Business Loans: Need funds to fuel your aspirations? Enjoy collateral-free business loans, providing the support your ventures deserve.

Choose FinPadi, where every financial step is a step toward success!

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by toffyz(m): 9:55am On Jan 17
Lol, who's the voice behind that video

The way he pronounced those IB areas is really funny
Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by sallazlee(m): 9:57am On Jan 17
Eriokanmi:
Terrorists have invaded our land, oh God!

When we said we should break away from these people, you guys refused. Isorite

Shut the Bleep up, werey

Terrorists kill you there àbi

Na everything be play for you head abi

You be reason your head you talk

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) by Goodnewsforlife: 9:58am On Jan 17
Eriokanmi:
It has never happened in Ibadan before. Its not just one place, several places. I have 2 brothers living with their family in oke ado, near tribune house, off imalenfalafia. One of them works at a bank at bodija. Seyi cited explosives sto calm the situation... in bodija of all places? Have you been to bodija before? Its the VI or lekki of ibadan, after oklluyole Estate at ring road. I lived there for 12 years. Most of you guys raining insults blindly on social media don't even know what you're talking about.

Gov Seyi said a normal thing a leader should say. After all, Jonathan said the same when suicide bombers were first reported in Nigeria, that it was a mere explosive and an average Nigerian loves to enjoy life more than taking their lives, and the rest was history and he later kept quiet.

I hope a stern warning would be sent out to prevent subsequent attacks. The owo massacre is still fresh in memory. Maybe because it happened in a church, they didn't say it was explosives . Now, the people of Ifon in Ondo State are being attacked by bandits regularly, Google is your friend. When bandits killed Ms olakunrin, daughter of pa fasoranti, they said it wasn't bandit, then they attacked pa falae's farm and people working there, then the owo church attack, and now, Ifon in Ondo state. Aren't they here already? Our leaders must act fast and now!
oga keep quiet, my shop is at elewure in sango

U can trek to where d incident happened from my shop, from elewure to ace mall to housing to adeyi to old n new bodija. I ply those routes everyday n I don even pass there this morning

2 incidents happened simultaneously yesterday at that same venue, the transformer at elewure junction blew off around 7pm due to over loading, we were out talking about it n few minutes later this one happened

Oga na my area so don’t tell me what u don’t know, I know bodija very well n I have been plying that route since when I was a kid

If u doubt me let’s place a bet n I will go there n snap pictures of the venue now now

Oga this isn’t terrorist attack at all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI / Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.