Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? (4191 Views)

He's Camara, From Mali; Neighbors Revealed Identity Of Miner Behind Ibadan Blast / Powerful Nigerians Responsible For Kidnapping, Banditry, Illegal Mining – FG / Amitolu Shittu: Lawmakers, Ex-governors Behind Illegal Mining In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by BrodaBenad: 2:42pm On Jan 17
How can this be illegal mining?
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

There's even a crater like the one formed from a dropped bomb

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by BeninRefugees: 2:46pm On Jan 17
Something is truly fishy let it not be what I'm thinking.

The fact that it happened less than 24 hours our foreign affairs minister supported Palestinian kiss

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by tonicyril: 3:04pm On Jan 17
I tot they said its from explosive substances from illegal miners, maybe the substances are stored there

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Melagros(m): 3:35pm On Jan 17
Well, investigation is going on and let's wait for the outcome, i think that's all I can say for now
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Throwback: 3:38pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

Are you suggesting that US or Russia dropped bomb in Ibadan?

Or what is farfetched about the site of an explosion?

Whether Mining, Oil Prospecting, or Military Warfare, explosives are meant to explode.

So if explosives used for illegal mining was secretly stored at that location and it exploded, were you expecting a different outcome?

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Kukutente23: 3:58pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

What can it be
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by ruggedtimi(m): 3:59pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

i strongly believe it is likely a meteorite.
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by CaptainZubi: 4:48pm On Jan 17
ruggedtimi:
Honestly, weird as it sounds, it could be.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by yoruboid: 5:09pm On Jan 17
Ogonimilitant:
Yoruba people are playing politics with the live of thier people. Painting a terror attack as gas explotion

I’m so certain you desperately wish it is a terrorist attack but it’s clear that whatever exploded was within the building so it’s up to the investigators to find out how it got there

We are following with keen interest and we are not as dull as folks that jump into conclusions without thinking

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Rolings: 5:36pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

Did they tell you the mining is being done in the building?

Nothing is Fishy. The Senegalese and Malian miners ( legal and illegal)are known in that area

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Gadafii: 6:24pm On Jan 17
Looks like scene from Gaza or Aleppo

The govt and security agencies might just be pushing this “illegal miners” narrative just to save face

To me this is clearly a terror attack

Let’s just allow them think they have fooled us again, the true cause will be known in the long run

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Kapeter(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17
Una get comprehension problem ni abi Wetin? The explosion was because there was fire in the house which eventually touches the explosives the illegal miners stored in their home. You didn’t read where their neighbor said the illegal miner ran away from his home with his family immediately the fire started. That’s because he knew the blast would happen knowing he has explosives kept in his house.

11 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by TheGreatIYANU: 6:35pm On Jan 17
Please op, google what TNT means, then come back to modify this your post.

I'm really sorry for the future of Nigeria. Our education is lacking.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by carterguccy(m): 6:35pm On Jan 17
Ogonimilitant:
Yoruba people are playing politics with the live of thier people. Painting a terror attack as gas explotion

Stop pouring spit on forums, if you have nothing tangible to say can't you just skip it! This is actually making you appear senseless!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by ednut1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

learn to read and think. The illegal miners stored their explosives in the house

7 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by ElSudani: 6:53pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

Miners kept explosives used for mining where they lived. Isn't that straightforward enough?
Why they did that is another matter.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by LegendHero(m): 6:55pm On Jan 17
yoruboid:

I’m so certain you desperately wish it is a terrorist attack but it’s clear that whatever exploded was within the building so it’s up to the investigators to find out how it got there

We are following with keen interest and we are not as dull as folks that jump into conclusions without thinking

Don’t mind those guys.

Even Seyi Makinde mentioned about those unfortunate people in his broadcast today.

He said some people have been going around spreading fake news that Yorubaland is under attack.

https:///seyiamakinde/status/1747670837178822853?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by NinjaMetahuman: 8:17pm On Jan 17
Throwback:

Are you suggesting that US or Russia dropped bomb in Ibadan?

Or what is farfetched about the site of an explosion?

Whether Mining, Oil Prospecting, or Military Warfare, explosives are meant to explode.

So if explosives used for illegal mining was secretly stored at that location and it exploded, were you expecting a different outcome?
they so badly want to blame the usual muslims or fulani herdsmen so they can continue to rejoice and sing i told you so.

They are yet to conclude investigation, they are already rejoicing on Twitter and reminding us who oyo people voted for.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by LagosAirport: 8:29pm On Jan 17
Ogonimilitant:

Where are the cows?
Where are the Fulani? grin
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Raskimonojendor: 8:36pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

Stored explosive would create same crater. What's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:42pm On Jan 17
MORE ON IBADAN EXPLOSION

I can authoritatively inform that the explosion in Ibadan is the handiwork of a Malian immigrant engaged in mining operations in the Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State. His name is SAWANE YOUSSOUF.

He has been stockpiling explosives in a house (unknown if he owns it or if he rented it) for years. These explosives he stored for the purpose of his extensive mining business. How he was able to do that in a residential estate with few eyebrows raised is a failure of intelligence at both government and community levels. To think the location is just a stone throw from the Government Secretariat is damning. His own negligent stupidity as well as government taciturn approach to security of lives and properties have caused unnecessary deaths, injuries and property damage.

I searched the website of the Corporate Affairs Commission to find that SAWANE YOUSSOUF incorporated a company on May 17, 2004 called SDYB International Company Nigeria Limited with RC 511184. This is the list of directors:

1) Sawane Youssouf
2) Darame Ibrahima
3) Yattara Ibrahim
4) Bakare Hakeem Oladimeji

By their names, three of the four directors hail from Mali.

People I talked to revealed that Sawane has a lot of Malian boys working under him in the Bodija area. It is reported each one of them might have explosives in the various rented accommodation they stay in. Government must immediately determine where his boys live and take proper charge of explosives in their possession.

I have credible information also that Sawane used police, DSS and other security operatives to move his explosives and other logistics. It shows complicity.

It is unclear Sawane was in the house when the explosion occurred. If he was, I doubt he would survive the magnitude of the blast. Everything within 100 metres radius of the blast site is flattened.

Lots of documents were found strewn on the grounds of surrounding houses that reveal Sawane has been involved in several petitions to the police, particularly from the mining host communities in Iwajowa Local Government Area of Oyo State. The petitions main gist is cheating. Sawane is not paying his dues to the communities. I saw documents pertaining to a civil suit in court. If I could find the documents on the ground, hold them and read them, what exactly is the job of security operatives at the scene? Important evidence are being lost as every Tom, Dick and Harry is finding and taking the documents away.

Questions will be asked about the Landlords Association in Adeyi, New Bodija. Questions will be asked about intelligence gathering by security outfits. Questions will be asked about how a Malian has such latitude to possess large caches of explosives and store them in his residence. Questions will be asked about our lack of preparedness for emergency situations.

11 Likes

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Natbrowny: 9:25pm On Jan 17
Governor wey don mad

Idiot did zero research and concluded it illegal mining.
African leaders are....

Smh
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by jubrilcastle(m): 9:27pm On Jan 17
ruggedtimi:
Clark Kent. I guess you don smallville tire

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Ogene001: 9:40pm On Jan 17
yoruboid:

Why not blame igbos as usual instead of innocent gas?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by yoruboid: 9:53pm On Jan 17
Ogene001:

If at the end of the investigation, it shows any of your family members are responsible, trust me they will not be spared

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by gebest: 9:58pm On Jan 17
This is not a good news at all.
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Ezmans: 10:06pm On Jan 17
BeninRefugees:
Something is truly fishy let it not be what I'm thinking.

The fact that it happened less than 24 hours our foreign affairs minister supported Palestinian kiss

I saw the governor shacking mouth on channels TV doing em em

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by wahalawahala: 10:11pm On Jan 17
Ezmans:
I saw the governor shacking mouth on channels TV doing em em
@ dss this guy knows something
Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by hafeeanubasy: 10:17pm On Jan 17
Ogene001:

You think yorubas are mumu who play victims with everything??

😆...you guys even played victim as usual in something that has nothing to do with you.
Cry cry baby tribe

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Blast: How Can This Be Illegal Mining? by Irupetepete: 10:24pm On Jan 17
BrodaBenad:
in the centre of a city

Something is fishy

equipment used for illegal mining was stored there...
A neighbor to that house said the occupants of the house in which the bomb was stored ran away because when there was fire cos they know the consequences

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria / Nigeria Can’t Meet Vision 20-20 Target, Says UNIDO / Spotted In South Africa: A "Do Not Die In Nigeria" Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.