Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka (24476 Views)

Babangida Revelled The Names Of People Who Forced Him To Annul June 12 Election / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, / "Rulers Who Tried To Annul The Rule Of Law Paid Heavily" - Soyinka Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 3:41pm On Jan 17
Bobloco:

How?
ibos are shorthanded in the Army.
Hausa and yoruba soldiers would have been in power and probably hausa/fulani military governors appointed to each five east state. i swear dem no born una to dey talk as you are doing now.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by CommonSense1967: 3:42pm On Jan 17
DAFTI and the AGULU packaged fraud should never be allowed to run for office again. That Agulu IPOB terrorist is a threat to Nigerian democracy. The loser was ready to destroy everything just because he lost and lost badly.
The narcissistic, incompetent, delusional YESDADDY religious fanatical loser even claimed that he was not the one on the tape and that he would sue GAzzet, Till today, the mumu has not sued anyone. Yet some blind tribal bigots see nothing wrong with a man who can lie so openly and boldly in the face of incorruptible facts that the whole world can hear.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17
Think9ja:
Peter Obi is a bitter, sour loser.

He knew before the election that he was going to come 3rd, but he was counting on the youths to revolt against the electoral umpire.

His only major achievement in the last election is the one party state he help sustained.

Nobody will be talking about him by 2027.

And as shameless as he is, he might still come back to the pdp and his ass lickers will sing his praises

Useless man
Shame no dey catch u?
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Calitoscassius(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

Nobody in your generation can win a nobel laureate in this life and the next world.
Soyinka is still daft. grin grin award he won when so many people were still ignorant, let him win again in 2024 let's see. The people who thought he deserves the award at the time are probarbly already all dead. This new generation of we thinks he is very stupid and daft.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Racoon(m): 3:43pm On Jan 17
Throwback:
Shame on Obi and that his datti running mate. Ignoramus! As if Soyinka in the 1980s when he served as FRSC head, knew that IBB would nullify elections later in 1993. If you are empty headed, stop making a public disgrace of your ignorance.
Hehehe! Soyinka, Prof Beko-Ransome Kuti etc were all appointed into Ibrahim Babangida government to help placate the SW and douse the political tension that followed the annulment of the June - 12 election Abiola won. I was part of it. You can't educate me. Always defending nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by seguno2: 3:44pm On Jan 17
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Just dey seek attention with Peter Obi name.Peter and Datti that's not in power wants to annul election,very funny

Worse than funny. Maybe the old man is getting senile more and more.
Imagine how he made us buy Tinubu’s rotten packaging of Buhari in 2015, and now he’s helped Tinubu get his own turn.

In 2015, Soyinka endorsed Buhari for president and asked Nigerians to forgive his past as a former dictator in the 1980s.

Now Soyinka is critical of Buhari.

"Right from the middle of the first round of his government, it has failed on many levels and it is up to Nigerians to wake up and reverse the direction in which they are being taken," he says.

https://www.africanews.com/amp/2021/11/01/wole-soyinka-still-hopeful-for-nigeria-despite-current-misfortunes/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 3:44pm On Jan 17
budaatum:

I'm rather surprised at him.
Suprise at what?, that he didn't lick the ass of your fake saint?
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Shomek(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17
Ok
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Calitoscassius(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17
TrumpDonald2:

That doesn't change the fact that he's daft
The generation who thought he deserves an award at that time were all daft, grin this generation thinks he is daft. All of them in 2024 are still daft and were daft. He will never be awarded anything from this generation with so much knowledge.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by lexy2014: 3:47pm On Jan 17
Mokason288:
May God continue to bless Jagaban of Africa…

President Tinubu said he was always steps ahead and he proved it to all to see

if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children and still holding several hostage?

https://www.nairaland.com/7972774/talatu-salihu-killed-kidnappers-abuja

if he is steps ahead, how has the living standards of Nigerians improved?

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 3:47pm On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:
Soyinka is still daft. grin grin award he won when so many people were still ignorant, let him win again in 2024 let's see. The people thought he deserves the award at the time are probarbly already all dead. This new generation of we thinks he is very stupid and daft.
No fly, bird or croackroach in your entire generation, past, present and future will ever win a noble laureate in this life or the next world.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by cicero(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17
Grey hairs are not synonymous with wisdom or common sense

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by lexy2014: 3:49pm On Jan 17
Racoon:
Hehehe! Soyinka, Prof Beko-Ransome Kuti etc were all appointed into Ibrahim Babangida government to help placate the SW and douse the political tension that followed the annulment of the June - 12 election Abiola won. I was part of it. You can't educate me. Always defending nonsense

oga, how were Ransome-Kuti and Soyinka appointed by IBB to help placate SW because of June 12?

when were these gentlemen appointed?

this one that you are boasting, hope you know what u are saying?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by allthingsgood: 3:49pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

The dividend of democracy is you typing all these here without being detained indefinitely or some other form of torture.
You guys should calm down.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Throwback: 3:49pm On Jan 17
Racoon:

Jesus Christ!

You are truly ignorant.

Chai!

Beko was a doctor and not a medical professor like his older brother Prof Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, who was Minister of Health in the mid 1980s at the start of the IBB regime.

Wole Soyinka also setup and headed the FRSC in the mid 1980s at the start of the IBB regime.

IBB did not need to placate the SouthWest in 1985 - 1990, for the election annulment and political turmoil he would later create in 1993.

Get your timing right.

Besides, did you bother to find out why Wole Soyinka quit his job with FRSC in the late 1980s in protest against the IBB regime that was yet to even have a June 12 political chaos?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by obaidan: 3:50pm On Jan 17
Wole Soyinka is a great man, the man should relax these days, he is a very respected human being and he should try to preserve that. I do not know why he does what he does these days, but he should try to be father for all.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Throwback: 3:50pm On Jan 17
lexy2014:

oga, how were Ransome-Kuti and Soyinka appointed by IBB to help placate SW because of June 12?

when were these gentlemen appointed?

this one that you are boasting, hope you know what u are saying?

I shock too.

He even mixed up Dr Beko with Prof. Olikoye.

4 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Calitoscassius(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

No fly, bird or croackroach in your entire generation, past, present and future will ever win a noble laureate in this life or the next world.
Soyinka is still daft, if you are a young man in this day and age you still think Soyinka is not daft, then you are daft just like the daft ignoramus who gave him he award that year. Soyinka award is irrelevant, rusty and stale, he cannot compete with the brains of today, inshort, he should just kick the bucket already. grin

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Egoveen: 3:52pm On Jan 17
Old age is telling on this man.

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by budaatum: 3:53pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

Suprise at what?, that he didn't lick the ass of your fake saint.

Surprised at him making up some unfounded conspiracy and for giving far too much power to those who obviously lack it.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by PDJT: 3:54pm On Jan 17
-This old chap, Soyinka, was a brilliant writer but outside that, he doesn't realise how daft he sounds. This is the inherent problem with intellectuals, they don't realise that having spent so much time in one field, it means they are probably clueless in things outside their narrow fields. A wise intellectual would speak with caution and humility, and accepts his limitations, but not this dangerous cultist.

-Wole Soyinka is either a hypocrite or playing an ethnic script. I would advise the youth not to listen to him anytime he is talking about things outside English language and or Literature.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Mandate2023: 3:54pm On Jan 17
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Just dey seek attention with Peter Obi name.Peter and Datti that's not in power wants to annul election,very funny

Illiterate....u can't even read and understand
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Throwback: 3:54pm On Jan 17
chuose:
This man is a f@@L

Why are you hurt by this truth?

And that interview by Datti, that disgraceful, menacing interview was for me the ultimate signal. Because this was somebody calling for the rubbishing of a structure by which he himself had profited to even become a Governor, I am talking about Peter Obi.

He was what we know as a Judgement Governor
, and even before he attended the tribunal, his party, his spokesman in this case Datti, came on television to threaten everyone, to threaten hell if his interpretation or results was not upheld.

This for me was politically amoral, socially amoral. It is playing to a certain script even if they didn't know it, because later I began to express my suspicion that they were part of the script.

3 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 3:55pm On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:
Soyinka is still daft, if you are a young man in this day and age you still think Soyinka is not daft, then you are daft just like the daft ignoramus who gave him he award that year. Soyinka award is irrelevant, rusty and stale, he cannot compete with the brains of today, inshort, he should just kick the bucket already. grin
Nobody in your generation, past, present and future will ever win a noble laureate.

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by drlateef: 3:57pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

He is perfectly okay. You are the dullard. Because winning an election free and fair has no connection whatsoever with the economic performance and governance after that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Anatolia: 4:00pm On Jan 17
This Professor is going insane. The man has used his own hand to destroy his legacy. What a shame!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Mokason288(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17
lexy2014:

if he is steps ahead, how come kidnappers are killing school children and still holding several hostage?

https://www.nairaland.com/7972774/talatu-salihu-killed-kidnappers-abuja

if he is steps ahead, how has the living standards of Nigerians improved?

Ask me again….
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 4:00pm On Jan 17
budaatum:

Surprised at him making up some unfounded conspiracy and for giving far too much power to those who obviously lack it.
Was it a conspiracy when Datti was on Arisetv asking the CJN never to swear in the President?. pls, use your brain.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Golan007: 4:02pm On Jan 17
Racoon:
Bloody hypocrite! So what was the same Soyinka thinking when he agreed to serve as FRSC boss in the Babangida government that also nullified the popular June 12 election of 1993 that robbed MKO Abiola of his God-given mandate?

Having advocated for the disastrous Buhari's presidency despite knowing his antecedents, kongi till today has never apologized for that error or commented on the corrupt nature of Tinubu including his CSU certificate forgery, identity theft, bullion vans saga, and the gbajue perpetuated by him and INEC in the 2023 elections. It is Peter Obi matter he carry for head. All because it is an ethnic affair.

I swear you must be a child.

You mean Prof who had been championing the cause of Road Safety for several years should.have declined to be FRSC boss 6 years before Babangida annuled the democratic elections?

1 Like

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by slowice(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17
In the end, they are all tribalistic no matter how educated they are, same sh!t.

I mean, who would think that the once respected soyinka would become a political tool in the hand of a druggie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by drlateef: 4:03pm On Jan 17
Calitoscassius:

Stop crying!!! You lost election, thats why you are in pain. Soyinka is not daft. He is far highly intelligent more than you. Too much pain will not let you get sense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Chris Uba's Daughter, Nkem's Wedding Photos / If Hameed Ali Ends Smuggling, He Can Appear In Senate In Jeans & Shirt - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.