Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka (24462 Views)

Babangida Revelled The Names Of People Who Forced Him To Annul June 12 Election / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, / "Rulers Who Tried To Annul The Rule Of Law Paid Heavily" - Soyinka Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by fergie001: 2:44pm On Jan 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8LTZYPmmcY
Excerpts of Wole Soyinka's interview with ChannelsTV on #MorningBrief

I am alleging that there was a conspiracy from the very beginning before the election to make sure the elections did not take place or that even if the voting did take place, that everything be reverted to what happened under Babangida.

When we all just woke up and discovered that even though the results have been calculated, even though the results were in possession of international bodies, including monitoring embassies and so on, even if we had the results directly, it was suddenly annulled.

History was about to repeat itself, some people were determined to take us back to those old days.

-Wole Soyinka

So for me, it was no longer a contest between two individuals.
It was now a contest between a so-called interim political party and democracy. And when you have a binary like that, I have no doubt, no hesitation at all about what side of the barricade my position should be.

And that interview by Datti, that disgraceful, menacing interview was for me the ultimate signal. Because this was somebody calling for the rubbishing of a structure by which he himself had profited to even become a Governor, I am talking about Peter Obi.

He was what we know as a Judgement Governor, and even before he attended the tribunal, his party, his spokesman in this case Datti, came on television to threaten everyone, to threaten hell if his interpretation or results was not upheld.

This for me was politically amoral, socially amoral. It is playing to a certain script even if they didn't know it, because later I began to express my suspicion that they were part of the script.

At the beginning, I was like look at these buffoons, they don't see that they are playing to other people's script, what a pity. So, at that time hostilities were not yet too intense, so this was what i was referring to, that sometimes democracy leads the stage for individuals contest for power and then commences its own struggle for existence, for actualisation.

Democracy as you and I know, you cannot accept judgements only when they favour you if you go by the same arbitration panel, same arbitration structure. You cannot just say, I will accept this only when it suits me, I mean that is an insult.

-Wole Soyinka

46 Likes 15 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by RingRoadCartel: 2:47pm On Jan 17
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

204 Likes 34 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Bobloco: 2:50pm On Jan 17
That would have saved us from this current calamitous Tinubu government

157 Likes 17 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Racoon(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17
Bloody hypocrite! So what was the same Soyinka thinking when he agreed to serve as FRSC boss in the Babangida government that also nullified the popular June 12 election of 1993 that robbed MKO Abiola of his God-given mandate?

Having advocated for the disastrous Buhari's presidency despite knowing his antecedents, kongi till today has never apologized for that error or commented on the corrupt nature of Tinubu including his CSU certificate forgery, identity theft, bullion vans saga, and the gbajue perpetuated by him and INEC in the 2023 elections. It is Peter Obi matter he carry for head. All because it is an ethnic affair.

171 Likes 16 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Lannyjoe4u: 3:11pm On Jan 17
By
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Throwback: 3:11pm On Jan 17
Shame on Obi and that his datti running mate.

Racoon:
Bloody hypocrite! So what was the same Soyinka thinking when he agreed to serve as FRSC boss in the Babangida government that also nullified the popular June 12 election of 1993 that robbed MKO Abiola of his God-given mandate?

Having advocated for the disastrous Buhari's presidency despite knowing his antecedents, kongi till today has never apologized for that error or commented on the corrupt nature of Tinubu including his CSU certificate forgery, identity theft, bullion vans saga, and the gbajue perpetuated by him and INEC in the 2023 elections. It is Peter Obi matter he carry for head. All because it is an ethnic affair.

Ignoramus!

As if Soyinka in the 1980s when he served as FRSC head, knew that IBB would nullify elections later in 1993.

If you are empty headed, stop making a public disgrace of your ignorance.

115 Likes 27 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by mytime24(f): 3:12pm On Jan 17
Yawn ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Mokason288(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17
May God continue to bless Jagaban of Africaโ€ฆ

President Tinubu said he was always steps ahead and he proved it to all to see

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17
Just dey seek attention with Peter Obi name.Peter and Datti that's not in power wants to annul election,very funny

115 Likes 16 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by salbis(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17
When it is convenient, they select what to say and when to say it.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by BabaCommander: 3:13pm On Jan 17
It's all about personal stomach.
Nigeria is a huge hypocritical joke.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by NaijaNaWaa: 3:13pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government worship the executive, which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!
Soyinka has gone rogue. What a monumental disgrace of an old creature? This man has rubbished himself all by himself.

79 Likes 13 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Think9ja(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17
Peter Obi is a bitter, sour loser.

He knew before the election that he was going to come 3rd, but he was counting on the youths to revolt against the electoral umpire.

His only major achievement in the last election is the one party state he help sustained.

Nobody will be talking about him by 2027.

And as shameless as he is, he might still come back to the pdp and his ass lickers will sing his praises

Useless man

38 Likes 11 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by thesicilian: 3:13pm On Jan 17
the plan was obviously spearheaded by the fraud from Agulu himself but like everything else he puts his hand to do, it failed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by jmoore(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17
Throwback:
Shame on Obi and that his datti running mate.
Shame on APC!!

Shame on Tinubulation!

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by ABC101FF: 3:13pm On Jan 17
Every region has their own Yul Edochie irrespective of age.๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Flexherbal(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17
Nigerians are hungry, you are here telling us stories.

I don't care whoever wins an election, just fulfill your promises to the people and give them a better life.

8 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Lifted07: 3:13pm On Jan 17
Mtchwwww

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by obonujoker(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17
Who had powee to annul a general election??

Hope not Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by arazanbal: 3:14pm On Jan 17
Common sense has nothing to do with education, na follow come e be. I rest my case

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Femiwilli: 3:15pm On Jan 17
This man can talk rubbish!

Ifa worship has messed up his head angry

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by bluecircle470: 3:15pm On Jan 17
Racoon:

Ethnicity consume you there

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by DanseMacabre(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17
Hmmmm.

Anyone who lives long enough becomes a villain. Soyinka just dey yarn dust. Who for annul the election Buhari Senility don dey set in for this clown.

8 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Lifeinlight: 3:15pm On Jan 17
That would have saved us from this hardship

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by OluwaSegun0509(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17
Na their way. If things go their way, democracy has won but if it doesn't go thier way democracy is under threat. Their likes are here on NL. Awon modafvkr Hypocrites.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by jkpbestseries: 3:16pm On Jan 17
Leave them, many don't know what transpired in the last election. Powers that be, retired and serving general in the military, prominent northern leaders never wanted power to return to the south talk less of allowing Tinubu becoming the president. Even Buhari didn't support him, Tinubu fought the fight rigorously and that's why I switched support from Peter Obi and supported him with all I have. Tinubu may not be the Youth choice, but the mystery behind his success in the poll is historic and stoic, even the immediate past Ondo state governor who is late was the only person that sees it from the point of the aforementioned personalities and said it is the southern turn or nothing. Even people in the south betrayed the southern agenda and work for Atiku but God did it and we'll give him all the glory.

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by chuose: 3:16pm On Jan 17
This man is a f@@L

25 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

โ€‹2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North / 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah / Notorious Bandit Leader Who Got N130 Million As Ransom Killed In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.