Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka (24477 Views)

Babangida Revelled The Names Of People Who Forced Him To Annul June 12 Election / Northern Emirs, Rulers Forced Me To Annul June12, IBB Opens Up, / "Rulers Who Tried To Annul The Rule Of Law Paid Heavily" - Soyinka Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Mccullum: 9:14pm On Jan 17
Not only Obi wanted annulment of the election, Atiku was pushing his own secretly with some unpatriotic elements in presidency and some former heads of state in the north.

That was why spoke man of PMB released statement on national news papers that they should not thinks that the election will be annulled like that of 1993.

His statement was an evidence of something of such was cooking by some unscrupulous groups. It's reactionary to pressure mounting on Buhari but he jettison it as intolerable idea.

Professor Wole Soyinka is very correct on this, uncouth elements can be stupidly insulting him, that won't reduce his personality. His respect sustaining globally.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Wiseman2y(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17
Soyinka stay away from politics. Your reputation is fading away swiftly. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Putindbutt: 9:23pm On Jan 17
TrumpDonald2:

Are you tired? Continue to reply me. What stupid legacy? The legacy of selected social activism? The legacy of tribalism? Or is it the nobel laureate prize? Go and read about the history of the nobel prize and how it's awarded before you come to spill every nonsense that the vaccum within your skill can produce.

The old fool kept quiet and couldn't say a word all the while Buhari was in power. The hardship, failing economy, killings and insecurity etc. He kept mute. Now he has found his voice again. Why didnt he question the electoral process? Why didn't he write an epistle concerning the glitch experienced during the presidential elections? Now look at the state of the country right now, still no word from him. But it's Peter Obi that is his problem.

He's a fool and will always remain a fool. He can deceive you lots with his vocabulary. But not the enlightened once who see beyond.
nobody in your generation can clean his toilet.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by TrumpDonald2: 10:03pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

nobody in your generation can clean his toilet.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Of course. We are not his slaves, maids or house keepers.

By the way, seems you are even as daft as him. If not worse 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by slickgirl: 10:06pm On Jan 17
Na lie. Cultist.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by budaatum: 10:53pm On Jan 17
Putindbutt:

Of course, zombidients were incited that they went to military barrack to beg for coup. Switch on your brain.

I think you need to switch on your own brain if you think begging at military barracks is what incites a coup.

Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by victorazy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 17
This man is rotten
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Melagros(m): 11:07pm On Jan 17
BabaCommander:
It's all about personal stomach.
Nigeria is a huge hypocritical joke.
That's all
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Tulsaguy: 11:45pm On Jan 17
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

I am not Wole Soyinka's son but I can tell you for free that lunacy runs in your family blood. Else, your father won't give birth to a Yaba left pikin like you.

Asiwere
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Creeper: 11:55pm On Jan 17
ejimatic:

With due respect to Prof Wole Soyinka,no plan to annul the election.The North wanted BAT and he won. If the SE man won it would be annulled. That is even remote! The North for reason they know best would not hand over power to the SE.
If any SE man becomes the president without the consent of the North, the region would ensure the government would not last . The election that brings the person in will be annulled.

My SE people should not be angry oo.I am just saying the reality!

Lol, stop lying to yourself. The real powerbrokers in the North and a lot of their buddies in the south didn’t want Tinubu. Tinubu and his allies (both in the North and South) just outsmarted them.

I’m not even a fan of Tinubu (I hate Obi and Atiku - both are utter useless) but it was plain to see for anyone who understands rudimentary politics.

Prof. Wole Soyinka isn’t just an erudite academic - he’s a revolutionary/activist and he understands things better than a lot of you vacuous and puerile youths, that populate the internet with sadistic/ignorant noise, hence he had to wade into the conversation when he did. And it was timely and well-executed because he was basically telling them he can see the cards that they’re playing.

Let me drop 2 excerpts from the essay he addressed to Obidients/Obi/Datti last year titled: Fascism on Course

Sadly, these virtue vigilantes succeed with the ignorant and susceptible – especially among the younger, confused generation. The consequence is that the nation is plagued by fake CVs compiled by all kinds of amateur commentators, still wet behind the ears, who have too few truths to build on before they are corralled into positions of No-Retreat. Nowhere has this been more evident than in the effrontery of attempts to place the present contention on the same podium as the twenty-year old anti-Abacha struggle! This gross abuse of historic licence actually provides smug satisfaction for rookie activists. I advise them to seek out the school of survivors where pertinent lessons still exist for those with sufficient humility to LEARN before MOUTHING! Otherwise their world of false mythologies will collapse under their feet, and leave them dangling in the void.

Before I take myself off for – well, next port of call – the final word goes to a favourite maverick, propagated even as he matched his words by action. I suspect that in this instance we find ourselves on opposite sides of the strategic fence – that is democracy. This now coopted watchword of his formulation remains apt, applicable to all who strive for authentic social transformation: Your mumu don do!

^The ‘favourite maverick’ he was alluding to in the 3rd excerpt is Tinubu. I was going to let the cat out of the bag when it dropped last year but thought it was unnecessary.

Those who fought for democracy in Nigeria are in-charge now after dethroning the old guard and the functioning retard cum demagogue amongst the lazy, uneducated and drug-addled youths.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Themanleshey: 7:02am On Jan 18
NaijaNaWaa:

Deep down inside Tinubu and Soyinka, they know that Peter Obi won hands down.

That’s not even my concern but Soyinka’s attempt at outdoing MC Oluomo in agbero tactics. This isn’t the man I knew. He ought to be a statesman but it’s his life.

Every man to his conscience, let God judge.

He didn’t win , if he won he would have proven it in court , was he able to prove any number in court ? No , why did they shut down their online collations portal during election night ? Because the figures stop favoring them ? Did he win in the north ? Nope , did he win in the east ? Yes but eastern vote is not enough to make him president . He’s not popular in the north . How can you spend billions on an election and find it difficult to show evidence in the court ? Because there was none . Na why he dey claim that Abuja 2/3 and Atiku was shouting certificate.

They both know they loose but looking for loop holes .

That’s is the simple truth , take it or leave it . Your conscience will tell you .
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by IamOrei(m): 10:54am On Jan 18
RingRoadCartel:
Is this man insane? Okay, so since it didn't happen, who sai? Is Nigeria better off? Are Nigerians enjoying the fruits of Democracy? Is there really any difference BTW what we call democracy in this country and an actual military dictatorship?

As far as we know, this one is worse because in the military things are done fast and decisively, whereas what we have here is a situation whereby other arms of government still worship the executive, but still there's a lot of bureaucracy which makes policy making tideous and much more expensive.

Don't even get me started on how the so-called democratic government doesn't listen to the judiciary. They detain innocent people for as long as they like regardless of how many times the courts have freed them. Tell me, what is really different? This one is even worse because it is more expensive to run!

You are missing the point here... read it again with an unbiased mind & make sure u are not angry
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by ejimatic: 2:18pm On Jan 18
Creeper:

Lol, stop lying to yourself. The real powerbrokers in the North and a lot of their buddies in the south didn’t want Tinubu. Tinubu and his allies (both in the North and South) just outsmarted them.

I’m not even a fan of Tinubu (I hate Obi and Atiku - both are utter useless) but it was plain to see for anyone who understands rudimentary politics.

Prof. Wole Soyinka isn’t just an erudite academic - he’s a revolutionary/activist and he understands things better than a lot of you vacuous and puerile youths, that populate the internet with sadistic/ignorant noise, hence he had to wade into the conversation when he did. And it was timely and well-executed because he was basically telling them he can see the cards that they’re playing.

Let me drop 2 excerpts from the essay he addressed to Obidients/Obi/Datti last year titled: Fascism on Course

^The ‘favourite maverick’ he was alluding to in the 3rd excerpt is Tinubu. I was going to let the cat out of the bag when it dropped last year but thought it was unnecessary.

Those who fought for democracy in Nigeria are in-charge now after dethroning the old guard and the functioning retard cum demagogue amongst the lazy, uneducated and drug-addled youths.
Your comment and opinion are appreciated and respected
Thank you my brother!
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by ejimatic: 2:18pm On Jan 18
tishbite43:

You're simply deceiving yourselves, you and Soyinka.
There was no plan to annul nothing.
I can only believe that Buhari didn't want Tinubu to be APC's standard bearer so he might have harbored fantasies of Atiku winning it.
The Igbos want Biafra. The sooner you accept this reality, the better for everyone.
Yiur opinion is respected!
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Anatolia: 4:54am On Jan 20
Putindbutt:

You must be high on lizard concoction. Nobody in your generation can rival his legacy.

Yes, they cannot rival his legacy of cultism and fanning the embers of ethnic division.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Anatolia: 5:15am On Jan 20
Putindbutt:

You must be high on lizard concoction. Nobody in your generation can rival his legacy.

You must have been raised while growing up on lizard concoction for you to know that it keeps someone high. I advice you to stop taking such illicit drugs as it is interfering with your sense of reasoning and comportment.
Re: There Were Plans to annul the 2023 Presidential Election - Soyinka by Anatolia: 5:26am On Jan 20
Creeper:

You approach is very uncivilized, hating opposing politicians and calling them utterly useless is very bad. The next thing you did is to insult people of opposing views as puerile and vacuous. You have a lot to learn about humility because you know a few words in the dictionary, you are going about insulting people.Prof. Soyinka is an erudite English language professor but very clueless once it comes to understanding the dynamics of political integration. English language and understanding of group dynamics are two different things. The same man started cultism in Nigerian universities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Slams Fulani Lawmakers For Failing To Protect Herdsmen.. / 2019 Poll: Four PDP Governors Are Working For APC, Says Jibrin / World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.