Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — (40659 Views)

Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Must Be Fished Out – Tinubu / Ibadan Explosion Linked To Illegal Miners - Governor Seyi Makinde / Terhemba Iyo: Soldier Killed By Bokoharam When He Ran Out Of Ammunition In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Raskimonojendor: 5:25pm On Jan 17
Na waoh.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Eriokanmi: 5:26pm On Jan 17
They're yet to say the truth. There's no known mining site in Ibadan.

This is really sad.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Blitzerz: 5:26pm On Jan 17
Alhaji mohamed musa....

That name gives u the answer
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by sonofElElyon: 5:27pm On Jan 17
coolcharm:
Illegal miners in a state capital for 11 years without any apprehension? Top shots in government must be involved.

And neighbours didn't raise an alarm until this... hmmmm
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Raskimonojendor: 5:28pm On Jan 17
NzogbuNzogbu:
I find it suspicious that every security issue now is now sharply tied to mining

Is it the mining that is also responsible for the banditry and kidnap for ransom across the roads

Did bomb blast not happen in ondo church that year, don't these dots connect to some takeover ethnic cleansing

SS/SE that are hostile to terrorists are not having mining issues
Wetin concern this news with SE and SS. SS is relatively safe due to their expulsion of IPOB. Same can't be said of the SE. Stop the attachment by force.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Raskimonojendor: 5:29pm On Jan 17
Eriokanmi:
They're yet to say the truth. There's no known mining site in Ibadan.

This is really sad.
So what is the truth? Since you work in the Oyo state house.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Raskimonojendor: 5:30pm On Jan 17
LegendHero:

You people sha want this to be called a terrorist attack badly so you can be happy that Yoruba people are going through this and find a way to link it to them voting against Obi.

Lot of people like you are on Twitter running around sad because it was not a terrorists attack.

One would think if Obi suddenly becomes the president, that no disaster will
Ever happen in Nigeria again and everyone will suddenly become immortal.

They were posting all sorts of trash on twitter hoping the dead will be more. These lots are very hateful beings.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Eriokanmi: 5:31pm On Jan 17
coolcharm:
Illegal miners in a state capital for 11 years without any apprehension? Top shots in government must be involved.
So you believe that lie too? Dey play. Where's that mining site in Ibadan, tell me. I know Ibadan wella. I remember Jonathan saying Nigerians love to enjoy life, when the first suicide bombing case was reported, saying it was mere explosive. After subsequent scenarios, he kept quiet.

I pray it doesn't reoccur. This needs to be thoroughly investigated and if they cover it up, their relation could be next in line to be hit. Nobody can disturb our peace in this region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by ninetiethcrown7(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17
Throwback:
And we say we have an Intelligence Service in this country?

They seem to be the most useless organization in Nigeria.

More useless than the Police.

Chai!

Anyone can come in and do anyhow in Nigeria, and all their neighbours would know except the Intelligence services.

Little wonder they cannot use Intelligence to defeat boko haram, IPOB-UGM, and the many terrorist bandits.

What a national shame.

Whoever is handling any of the Intelligence units/services in Ibadan/Oyo State should be fired immediately.

Sorry to say, but we are part of the intelligence service as well due to majority of intel gathered is based off tip offs. You see your Neighbour committing a crime and you deliberately keep quiet, when kasala burst you insult the government. It shouldn’t be like that.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Rolings: 5:34pm On Jan 17
Throwback:

Chai!

Anyone can come in and do anyhow in Nigeria, and all their neighbours would know except the Intelligence services.

Little wonder they cannot use Intelligence to defeat boko haram, IPOB-UGM, and the many terrorist bandits.

What a national shame.

Whoever is handling any of the Intelligence units/services in Ibadan/Oyo State should be fired immediately.

Calm down and organize your thoughts

What exactly have the intelligence community done wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by CSTRR: 5:36pm On Jan 17
Even in the midst of the decay and hopelessness, the closer thing we have to a reformer is obi.

But some people have sworn that they don't want him, regardless of how bad things get.

It's okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by bdon12: 5:37pm On Jan 17
Throwback:

Chai!

What a national shame.

Police is more reliable than nigeria intelligence
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17
MadamExcellency:

This story no dey straight but the only thing that made me happy is the statement in bold. Bravo my boys for saving your daddy's life.
Wewrite it to suit your taste then
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by karashita: 5:37pm On Jan 17
Something within me is not comfortable with this 'survivor's story.He knew the 'miners' and even knew they were in Orogun and other places.Where is their mining site that they will be keeping explosives at home? How come they could easily evacuate their families soon as the fire started.Apparently, the government had not carried out an independent investigation but relied on 'eye witness' account.Hope Orogun is not next.Madalla on my mind.May God keep us safe and deliver us from evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17
LegendHero:

You people sha want this to be called a terrorist attack badly so you can be happy that Yoruba people are going through this and find a way to link it to them voting against Obi.

Lot of people like you are on Twitter running around sad because it was not a terrorists attack.

One would think if Obi suddenly becomes the president, that no disaster will
Ever happen in Nigeria again and everyone will suddenly become immortal.

Y'all better ignore these Igbo guys, no point being in the muds with them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by lexy2014: 5:39pm On Jan 17
Zonefree:
Federal government should investigate this IbaGaza case very well.

investigate what? if the government said the people responsible are illegal miners, where are they doing the mining? is it in space or in the spiritual realm?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by DaddyJapan(m): 5:40pm On Jan 17
Kukutente23:

Is it not curious that while the mining is ongoing in broad daylight, they are never termed illegal but the moment something goes wrong, they become illegal miners. Someone just shared a link with me of a gemstone market opened in Ibadan last year to enable miners sell their wares with more ease by the former ministerfor steel and mines with the governor represented.

Not true.

Oyo State Set To Address Illegal Mining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjbyle-JSnc?si=6RBOSiUH8VEj_lmf

Oyo Assembly passes pension, mineral development bills into law

...While presenting the report of the Ad-hoc Committee on Mineral Development Agency (Further Amendment) Bill, 2021, Kazeem Olayanju (Irepo/Olohunsogo) said the move was to ensure total regulation of mining activities in Oyo State such that it will benefit the state, host communities and the Miners.
Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/08/24/oyo-assembly-passes-pension-mineral-development-bills-into-law

Park rangers arrest 19 illegal miners at Old Oyo National Park

...The service’s spokesman, Mr Emmanuel Ntuyang, stated in Abuja on Friday, february 24, 2023, that the illegal miners were arrested in the Bani area of Oyo-Ile range of the park.

The arrest was effected during a joint anti-poaching operation by men of the Old Oyo National Park and those of Amotekun Vigilance Corps, the Southwest security organisation, stationed at Igbeti, Oyo State.

“The arrest of the illegal miners is timely as it will stave off possible issues of insecurity in the area, as experienced in other illegal mining locations in parts of the country.
Source: https://www.environewsnigeria.com/park-rangers-arrest-19-illegal-miners-at-old-oyo-national-park

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Bluffly: 5:41pm On Jan 17
We better start reporting anything suspicious and illegal in our environment. That is the beginning of policing and security

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by NovusHomo(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17
Throwback:

Chai!

What a national shame.

Their major concern is "No gree for anybody". Awon oniranu.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by transient123(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17
Most likely Chinese. Those guys are criminals hiding under criminal enterprise provided by Nigerians.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17
LegendHero:

It might look pointless to you when I call out you guys nonsense.

Every official statement said it is from those illegal miners house and you can even see several eye witness alleging to that.

Then every damn time you people keep trying to guide it to terrorism at every instant. Why not just loft this mask you’re trying to put on and be bold enough to say you are happy that this is happening in Ibadan?

Even this lewnaric Simon Ekpa still found a way to link this to themselves.
Simon Ekpa is a joke. as an indigen of Ilorin I schooled UI and very much familiar with bodija which is dominates by Hausa Fulani so hence I deemed his assertion and claim as nonsensical
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by eldoradoxx: 5:45pm On Jan 17
The illegal miners are no other than Chinese people. If Nigerians/Africans understands how China is massively striping them bare of natural resources and mineral and moving them at large and unsustainable quantity, they will weep for their country/continent. China has drilled our solid mineral so much and paid absolutely little or nothing while leaving the environment in total disaster.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by hafeeanubasy: 5:47pm On Jan 17
Eriokanmi:
So you believe that lie too? Dey play. Where's that mining site in Ibadan, tell me. I know Ibadan wella. I remember Jonathan saying Nigerians love to enjoy life, when the first suicide bombing case was reported, saying it was mere explosive. After subsequent scenarios, he kept quiet.

I pray it doesn't reoccur. This needs to be thoroughly investigated and if they cover it up, their relation could be next in line to be hit. Nobody can disturb our peace in this region

How much do you know about Ibadan

I lived with minners in Agbowo for good 3years!

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by deji17: 5:48pm On Jan 17
We all know this thing is going on but we kept quiet. Our complicity in matters like this is not good.

https://www.nairaland.com/6238474/inside-ibadan-precious-stone-market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by NovusHomo(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17
LegendHero:

We all know Nigeria police and intelligence agency are slacking. I don’t know whether to say they are completely useless because of how overstretched they are.

However, the people should be the intelligence themselves. The earlier we Nigeria know that policing is a shared effort the better for us.

Nigeria is underpoliced and that is the reality. 300k police cannot manage this much population without people giving them information.

If people in the area know that illegal miners store their mining stuffs in the house which they know is very bad for safety. They should be the one to go report out there to the authorities.

Then if the authorities fail to act, that is where the problem then lie.

The New York City Police Department (NYPD) alone has 36,000 officers as at 2023.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by almarthins(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17
Throwback:

Chai!

What a national shame.

Our moroon officers that love money

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Zidoh(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17
We please to the right authority to investigate the whole matter very well and bring the culprit to justices. I watched the video of damaged properties and I weeped for the owners .

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Bluntemperor: 5:49pm On Jan 17
coolcharm:

This is unacceptable to sane Nigerians!
How can illegal people be in this Area, assembling Deadly Explosives - in a crowded Area like this?
No wander ,the governor was not forthcoming, during the interview but just said ' Mining Activities '?
Those responsible,must pay for all the Disasters, including Loss of Lives and Properties and these Foreigners must not be allowed to escape, even their Company and Businesses,must be charged accordingly to laws of the Land and Penalties and Recovery Funds open unto the Dead!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by NovusHomo(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17
Zidoh:

We please to plead with the right authority to investigate the whole matter very well and bring the culprit to justices. I watched the video of damaged properties and I weeped for the owners .
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by Lifemanage: 5:51pm On Jan 17
LegendHero:

We all know Nigeria police and intelligence agency are slacking. I don’t know whether to say they are completely useless because of how overstretched they are.

However, the people should be the intelligence themselves. The earlier we Nigeria know that policing is a shared effort the better for us.

Nigeria is underpoliced and that is the reality. 300k police cannot manage this much population without people giving them information.

If people in the area know that illegal miners store their mining stuffs in the house which they know is very bad for safety. They should be the one to go report out there to the authorities.

Then if the authorities fail to act, that is where the problem then lie.
State policing is the only effective means of policing. My question is what were the miners mining?
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — by SalamRushdie: 5:52pm On Jan 17
Just look at how he is shamelessly lying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari's New Year Speech, 2018: 10 Key Points / Laughter As Ngige Taunts Peter Obi At The Tribunal Over ‘Server’ Claim / Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.