Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,730 members, 7,813,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria (16428 Views)

AFCON: Tinubu To Land In Abidjan For Nigeria V Cote D'ivoire / Equatorial Guinea Vs Cote D'ivoire: AFCON 2023 (4 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 / Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by ViceGovernor: 2:27pm On Jan 18
Guys our tournament starts today 6pm 😌
These people are trying to intimidate us which clearly points to one thing..... they're scared shitless.

Which would make our win more interesting when we damage their confidence in front of their home fans and government officials 😤

#We own this AFCON 🏆
#Up Super Eagles ⚽
#Up Nigeria 🇳🇬

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Nursepepeye(f): 2:58pm On Jan 18
Sergio101:
I will always support my beautiful super Eagle anytime

But let's tell our self the truth

Give me one reason why you won't side for the ivory coast to win??

See how important they take what they are doing.

See full support against the upcoming battle.

In my own nation....na to open mouth waaaaa!!... shout "No gree"

Shebi our name na Collette?....we go soon collect grin

Up Ivory!!!
nor vex, we're not always serious with anything na im cus am.

1 Like

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by zonties1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 18
You don’t need to declare hols, I dey root for Ivory all day
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Samunique(m): 3:02pm On Jan 18
Kay25:
See how valuable Nigeria is yet we don't rate ourselves good
10000000000likes

I was looking for a comments like this.

I thought some hate filled kids said super eagles are useless, but then a nation is declaring a national holiday bcs of a group of eleven men, isn't that an irony ?

2 Likes

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Blessedarethepe(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18
Adexgentle005:
Super eagles go collect wotowoto
Omo......God no go shame us o......these people are really prepared o
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by donmik: 3:06pm On Jan 18
Are you sure of what you are saying?
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Blessedarethepe(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18
kokakola:
This match promises to be exciting and interesting.
At least, it should pull a large crowd to the stadium today.
Up Naija.
certainly
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by R0LL0N(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18
I sniffed a draw match
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by R0LL0N(m): 3:28pm On Jan 18
Samunique:
10000000000likes

I thought some hate filled kids said super eagles are useless, but then a nation is declaring a national holiday bcs of a group of eleven men, isn't that an irony ?
You are right my brother it’s a great metaphor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by iamtardey: 3:34pm On Jan 18
Sunday mba goal still dey heavy for dem heart 😂
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 3:57pm On Jan 18
GanagiBitrus:

Dear Super Eagles,
Abeg No Gree For Anybody. smiley

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ivory Coast will use them to prepare pepper soup......
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by mastermaestro(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18
SolomonGrandi:
In America even Election Day is not a public holiday, let alone a football match.

Not to talk about a Match that isn’t even a final

What exactly is wrong with Africa self?

Something is definitely wrong with Africa.

Finally, I read a rational assessment of Africa's retrogressive practice. This just depicts the degenerative state of Black Africa.
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18
Should football be the main focus ANy way, Super Eagle better win. I don't even trust our team.
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Raxxye(m): 4:41pm On Jan 18
African countries and declaration of unnecessary holidays.
So if the workers go to work they would not be able to support their national team?
Okay na!
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Kay25(m): 4:53pm On Jan 18
Samunique:
10000000000likes

We take more time for how bad we look while we don't tend to see how much others look at us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Nickymezor(f): 4:57pm On Jan 18
Dear SES, pls mk una up una game...A win is all we want

1 Like

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by placeofallure(f): 4:59pm On Jan 18
If you ask me, of course I want The Super Eagles to win but I am very objective about things. We don't seem to have that strength of character to do it. We're not purpose driven or goal oriented. The first match is where we should have secured a win to be at an advantaged position, but we were too lackadaisical about things. It's a herculean task now to triumph over Cote D'ivoire.

May the better team win.

And please coach, take Iwobi off the pitch.

1 Like

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by puremaker7(m): 5:05pm On Jan 18
Umuinyioku:
Na so you write off Keshi in 2013 and he was able to win and bring the cup.
Be patriotic for once!
You still don't get it. Super eagles under Keshi was one of the best..
This current super eagles with this coach can't make it to the quarter final and won't go to the next world cup....
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Blessedarethepe(m): 5:07pm On Jan 18
placeofallure:
If you ask me, of course I want The Super Eagles to win but I am very objective about things. We don't seem to have that strength of character to do it. We're not purpose driven or goal oriented. The first match is where we should have secured a win to be at an advantaged position, but we were too lackadaisical about things. It's a herculean task now to triumph over Cote D'ivoire.

May the better team win.

And please coach, take Iwobi off the pitch.
That guy with all back when is too slow on the ball for my liking
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18
Honestey:
Meanwhile, during that match in Nigeria my country, there will be no light to watch on Tv
Who still watch TV?
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Umuinyioku: 5:21pm On Jan 18
puremaker7:
You still don't get it. Super eagles under Keshi was one of the best..
This current super eagles with this coach can't make it to the quarter final and won't go to the next world cup....
Hmmmm

OK
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Otobroto(f): 8:36pm On Jan 18
All these came to nothing at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by dont8(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18
scoobyblogspot:

You are wrong again. They will collect wotowoto
So who's wrong now, pessimist people boku
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by Ororocelemi(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18
This write up didn't age well

HonNL:

SOURCE
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by godwon01(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18
They had lost a lot of money because of football. See myopic decision of our African leaders. Gamble that went wrong. They lost money and the match. Bad decision.
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by berrystunn(m): 10:40pm On Jan 18
puremaker7:
Them go beat super eagles even without their supporters

How business

1 Like

Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:21pm On Jan 20
blowjohn:

Proving us wrong is a double edge thing.

If and when we lose, it still means football proved us wrong na
there was one time along benin bypass. Road safety stopped me along that bend where their office is around past 4pm check my documents then delayed me for a while but later sorted them during this period no single motor pass which made me suspicious then I asked them they say e be like say my brothers them dey under the bridge and the road is bad so no matter what you must slow down luckily I saw one empty truck with 2 hummer bus coming chia I follow them sharperly, the truck driver is a madman from hell. Loe and behold as we reach the bend those people come out but the truck driver face them the hummer drivers follow am,me self enter the pot hole by the side we no wait until after 10-15mins for police checkpoint con dey reset bumper now when I dey charge people for delivery they go dey shout wetin happen they no know say na ransom money happen 😪
Re: Cote D'ivoire Govt Declares Holiday For Students, Urge Support Against Nigeria by shagie07: 11:32pm On Jan 20
Salah Treble A Hat Trick From 4 Goals Victory 🔥🔥🔥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97dy995XX2U

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala, Super Falcons Players Dance To Ayra Starr's "Bloody Samaritan" / Real Madrid Agree To Personal Terms With Brazilian Goalkeeper Alisson / Edidiong Odiong Wins Asian Games Women’s 200m Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.