Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council (21910 Views)

Otti Appoints Ikechukwu Uwanna, 21 Others As Special Advisers (See list) / FG Takes 20% Equity In Abia Economic City, Says Ikpeazu. / Arunma Oteh And A Nigerian Sugar Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by fergie001: 4:11pm On Jan 18
PRESS RELEASE:.

INAUGURATION OF THE ABIA STATE GLOBAL ECONOMIC ADVISORY COUNCIL.

Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti, OFR, has announced the constitution of the Abia Global Economic Advisory Council (AGEAC) as part of his administration's strategic plan to ensure the overall economic development of the state.

Consequently, Governor Otti has appointed 20 distinguished Nigerians with global acclaim to serve on the Council, aimed at building Abia into a self-sustaining economic hub.

Those appointed are:

1. Ms. Arunma Oteh, OON – Co-Chair
2. His Highness Khaleefa Muhammad Sanusi II, CON, Co-Chair
3. Mr. Bolaji Balogun - Co-Chair
4. Mr. Victor Onyenkpa – Member
5. Mrs. Ifueko Omoigui Okauru, MFR – Member
6. Mr. Chidi Ajaegbu - Member
7. Mr. Uche Orji – Member
8. Mrs. Ndidi Nwuneli , MFR – Member
9. Mr. Chika Nwobi – Member
10. Dr. Olugbenga Adesida – Member
11. Prof. Ndubuisi Ekekwe – Member
12. Mazi Clement Owunna, MFR – Member
13. Dr. Uzodinma Iweala – Member
14. Mrs. Ezinwa Okoroafor – Member
15. Mr. George Agu – Member
16. Mazi Uzo Nwankwo – Member
17. Mr Chinedu Azodoh – Member
18. Havard Business School Prof Peter Tufano - Member
19. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, GCON - Honourary Advisor
20. Dr. Benedict Oramah, CON - Honourary Advisor.

Also, five members, drawn from the State Executive Council, will represent the government on the Advisory Council.

They include the Governor, Dr. Alex Otti; OFR, the Attorney-General and Honourable Commissioner for Justice, Mr Ikechukwu Uwanna; Honourable Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Mr. Kingsley Anosike; Honourable Commissioner for Finance, Mr Michael Akpara; and the Honourable Commissioner for Trade, Commerce and Industry, Dr. Chimezie Isaac Ukaegbu.

A statement issued Tuesday by the Governor's Office said the economy of Abia State had suffered neglect and became fragile due to untold economic sabotage, over the years.

However, with the inception of Governor Otti's administration on May 29, 2023, the government has since commenced the socio-economic re-engineering of the State from the wreckage of over the last two decades.

"Our programmes are already re-positioning and rebuilding Abia State as the economic pride of Nigeria. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that its economic development strategy is founded not only on a thorough understanding of the local economic environment but also on the dynamics of the emerging forces now shaping the future of the global economy.

"The newly appointed members bring a wealth of experience and expertise in various sectors, enhancing the diversity and dynamism of the Abia State Global Economic Advisory Council. Their collective knowledge will play a pivotal role in shaping policies that drive innovation, attract investments, form solid partnerships, and ensure the overall economic resilience of our great state," the statement declared.
According to the statement, the Secretariat of the Council will be managed by Mr. Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu, Principal Secretary to the Governor/Chief Strategy Officer, and Mr. Charles Egonye, Technical Assistant to the Governor, and supported by Mrs Victoria Onwubiko and Ms Amaka Okonkwo from the private sector.

The Abia State Global Economic Advisory Council serves as a key advisory body, offering strategic insights and recommendations to guide the state's economic and investment policies. The Advisers will collaborate closely with the relevant State Commissioners to address the unique challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, ensuring that Abia State remains at the forefront of innovation and economic development within the region and globally.

SIGNED:
Kazie Uko
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Abia State Government House, Umuahia.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by successmatters(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18
A visionary governor, working just like Peter Obi. If Peter Obi becomes president, Even Obama and Donald trump will be begging to visit Nigeria with Zuckerberg, Buffet and Gates to invest in Nigeria.

Labour Party, progress.

239 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by immortalcrown(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18
Will Okonjo Iweala accept this appointment? 🤔

I think she is too big for this kind of appointment. Even as an honorary adviser, there are responsibilities attached. I doubt if she is not too busy for such.

There are Yoruba and Hausa names on the list. Those who say Igbo should not vote in Lagos State, how far?

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by atiku4President(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18
Great move

3 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by fergie001: 4:16pm On Jan 18
I am proud.............

immortalcrown:
Will Okonjo Iwuala accept this appointment? 🤔

I think she is too big for this kind of appointment.
Honorary Advisor... She doesn't need to attend any meeting, she just needs to drop "keypoints", her son is also there.

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by immortalcrown(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18
fergie001:
I am proud.............

Honorary Advisor... She doesn't need to attend any meeting, she just needs to drop "keypoints".
Okay.

9 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by Killerofpigs: 4:21pm On Jan 18
Not only 'key points'... Also

Blueprints and access to favourable international financing that will make the state a viable hub of human and material development.

So that LAGOS can be decongested and maritime traffic will face the SE.
grin

fergie001:
I am proud.............

Honorary Advisor... She doesn't need to attend any meeting, she just needs to drop "keypoints".

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by Racoon(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18
Get the technocrats not based on political favourism or compensation to get work done. Abia State on progress drive.

92 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by yarimo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18
The worst Governor in Nigeria is Alex otti of ABIA STATE

1 Like 16 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by 2aces(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18
immortalcrown:
Will Okonjo Iwuala accept this appointment? 🤔

I think she is too big for this kind of appointment.

There are Yoruba and Hausa names on the list. Haters of the Igbo tribe, how far?
She is just an advisory, and don't necessarily have to come down her high horse to attend meetings, all they need do is carry her along on proceedings and she give advice.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by successmatters(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18
yarimo:
The worst Governor in Nigeria is Alex otti of ABIA STATE

So says a hate filled person.

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by SharingIsLife(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18
This move seems to have Obi's shadow behind it. Who else thinks so?

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by SmartPolician: 4:29pm On Jan 18
grin
Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by sofeo(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18
Alright

1 Like

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by AllahOfBlood: 4:29pm On Jan 18
cheesy

Na this on them dae call merit list

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by ClearFlair: 4:29pm On Jan 18
The only serious Governor

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18
cool
Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by okomile(f): 4:30pm On Jan 18
grin
9ja na cruise
grin
Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by christejames(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18
The only government in Nigeria 🇳🇬, others are still grappling with how to govern undecided

34 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by allanphash7(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18
Which Okonjo?
Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by tishbite43: 4:30pm On Jan 18
WTF is Sanusi doing there?!
See young and vibrant minds like Kalu Aja on Twitter.
Bring em on board

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by chicfarmer: 4:32pm On Jan 18
Smart move by Otti

23 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by Alexlalax1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18
Man wey sabi. Make people that knows what to do and how to do it run things, Una say know na my turn.If una like make una run the country aground, me personally no fit go under.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by Godfullsam(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18
Ok

Good

2 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by sharpchap: 4:34pm On Jan 18
am jealous of what this guy is doing but I pray it is not playing to the gallery

5 Likes

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by omenka1: 4:34pm On Jan 18
Nna meeeeehhhn
This Otti really mean business for Abia ooooo
See technocrats, not minding where they hail from, there will be total turn around in the economy of Abia state. This I have seen

The only 9ja politician with vision n clearly defined objectives.
Truly, when the righteous rules, the people rejoice.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by ppogba: 4:34pm On Jan 18
Smart Governor.

Just compile a list of eminent citizens in the name of economic team and watch.people clap for you as they are doing now on Nairaland.

What about:
Ernest Ndukwe
Mistapha Chike Obi
Prof. Former Deputy CBN Gov.?

Yeye governor pressing Mumu button.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by 1972xy: 4:35pm On Jan 18
[quote author=fergie001 post=128004100][/quote] I am sorry your Excellency.
I can only serve in the capacity of Security....please accept my resignation.
Thanks.
Mfr.
Re: Otti Appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Oteh, Sanusi As Members Of Abia Economic Council by Pinicop(m): 4:35pm On Jan 18
Bullshit

SLS, through his evil policies when he was CBN governor, was among the major causes of Nigeria's current economic downturn.

I'm sorry for the economy of Abia state.

Abians should protest the appointment of SLS into the council.

Bullshit

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments " / I Want To Be Nigeria's President - Donald Duke / Peter Obi To Attend AY Live Today: Valentine Ozigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.