Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

How I Stayed Mindful Of My Eating Habits During The Holidays - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Stayed Mindful Of My Eating Habits During The Holidays (95 Views)

Unhealthy Eating Habits In Nigerian Culture / You Should Have Healthy Eating Habits During Pregnancy. Find Reason Why? / How To Break Bad Eating Habits Before Heading Into 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Stayed Mindful Of My Eating Habits During The Holidays by Ethelokoro: 4:27pm On Jan 18
As we embrace the new year, let's embark on a journey to cultivate healthy habits contributing to a vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle in 2024. The holidays often bring many delicious treats and feasts, and being mindful of our eating habits can contribute to a more balanced and enjoyable experience. Instead of succumbing to the usual holiday excess, I started by planning balanced meals. This involved incorporating various nutrient-rich foods, including many fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Planning helped me maintain a sense of control over my choices. I consciously tried to savour each bite during festive gatherings. I slowed down, appreciated the flavours, and listened to my body's hunger and fullness cues. This not only made the eating experience more enjoyable but also prevented overeating.

While enjoying holiday treats is a tradition, I balanced them with nutrient-dense options and my all-time favourite QNET Nutriplus product. These are dietary supplements that are rich in natural ingredients. I also opted for colourful salads and lean proteins to ensure my body received the essential nutrients it needed. Snacking can be a downfall during the holidays, but I approached it mindfully this year. I prepared healthy snacks in advance, such as cut-up fruit and yoghurt, to have on hand when cravings struck. This helped me make better choices throughout the day. Mostly, staying hydrated was a key focus. This not only supported digestion but also helped prevent mistaking thirst for hunger.

As we enter the new year, I'd love to hear about your experiences with mindful eating during the holidays. Share your tips, challenges, and successes in the comments below.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Last Longer In Bed - For Men / How Is Pink Inhaler Useful For Treating Asthma? / Faforon Herbal Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.