Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina (17733 Views)

Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / Bill Gates’ Cash Can Buy Nigeria’s Stock Market / Nigeria Stock Exchange Ranked World’s Best-Performing Stock Market In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by dollarprincess(f): 10:15pm On Jan 18
Other stocks that pushed the market higher include BUA Foods (+5.49percent) see more information https://seelyrics.com/
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Obiedun(m): 10:20pm On Jan 18
The enemies will not sleep well tonight
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:23pm On Jan 18
That's good news
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Lemos14: 10:25pm On Jan 18
Is nairaland not tired of pushing apc propaganda to front page?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Mccullum: 10:26pm On Jan 18
Feintline:
You boys have not changed with all these useless propagandas that have no resemblance or effect in the country.

Our nation is bleeding profusely. Over 70% of citizens are living like they are IDPs.
Hunger and anger have become a national anthem due to desperate persons who have no clue or direction on what to do.

Instead of these clueless, destructive agents to find ways to let Nigerians breathe, they are spending tax payers monies on propaganda.

Hungry youths are hired to run propagandas.

This is January 2024, how far with student loan?
How far with Saudi $25m deal refinery.

Government of propaganda by propagandists and for propagandists.

Have you make finding on this information before debunking it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by ClearFlair: 10:27pm On Jan 18
Tcheeew 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by lexy2014: 10:33pm On Jan 18
Faiththatworks:
I can see everything turning around for My Nigeria. Things are turning around for good.
I have always been optimistic about my country, Nigeria.
Even when Baba Buhari and Mr Emi werey were playing ping pong with our Economy,I still remained optimistic.
Hope is something that must never die in every Nigerian, we must always believe things will get better, we must never give up on criticizing when government goes wrong or fails our aspirations so also we must give them their kudos when they do Right.
Any sensible investor will ask questions about what's pushing up the figures in Nigeria when all we keep hearing is inflation, scarcity,and insecurity,indices that should ordinarily grind the economy of the country to a halt.
I'm not the least suprised by this news though,I have said repeatedly,the single addition of the Dangote Refinery has blown open the Economy of Nigeria.
I said it on one of the threads early in the year,the Refinery has bought crude oil worth 420 million dollars in just one month, seriously,let me repeat it,420 billion naira worth of crude oil to refine in one month.
I'm sure by the time it starts to produce refined products,we should expect the by products to be close to 1 trillion naira.
And that's just one month supply.
While other companies are japaing,I'm sure many many companies will come to open their factories in Nigeria.
Wise Investors should contact me or check my signature to invest around the Refinery for good profit.
The best time to invest is Today.
God bless Nigeria

what is the standard of living in Nigeria?

where Nigeria's refineries?

have u invested around the refinery?
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by AskNgige2: 10:34pm On Jan 18
Ozommadu:
Una never tire for media propaganda

Oh! I forgot, this thread na for APC praise singers to come and masturbate...Agenda must agend

We all know even Tinibu will not win next elections

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by abbey621(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18
Now compare a 20% growth of a Nigerian stock to a 10% growth of a U.S based stock, now tell me which one would be considered world's best according to the current exchange rate.

Let's stop celebrating mediocrity, a 20% growth in stocks should be weighted against inflation and the country's current FX rate, like someone said earlier, all these propagandas won't work much longer!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by mrdharkchild(m): 10:38pm On Jan 18
Yet the country is bleeding.
I guess people are now chopping statistics.
Nigerians don't need help.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by TheGift: 10:40pm On Jan 18
EcoBrick:

https://businessday.ng/markets/article/nigeria-stock-market-becomes-worlds-best-beats-argentina/?amp=1

The title of this article alone, is at best funny and fishy. Which one is best stock market in the world again?

According to who? Based on what parameters? And how has that affected the price of fish in the market for the common Nigerian.

Of all countries to compare Nigeria with its Argentina- are we sure it’s not first from behind?

People are no longer moved by these meaningless metrics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Jamie248: 10:40pm On Jan 18
EcoBrick:

https://businessday.ng/markets/article/nigeria-stock-market-becomes-worlds-best-beats-argentina/?amp=1

Yeah, the best rigged market.

Argentina's economy is in shambles just like Nigeria, so there...
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Alliswell248: 10:46pm On Jan 18
Feintline:
You boys have not changed with all these useless propagandas that have no resemblance or effect in the country.

Our nation is bleeding profusely. Over 70% of citizens are living like they are IDPs.
Hunger and anger have become a national anthem due to desperate persons who have no clue or direction on what to do.

Instead of these clueless, destructive agents to find ways to let Nigerians breathe, they are spending tax payers monies on propaganda.

Nothing like propaganda.
Invest in stocks.....your money would rise.

If it is the other way.....u would make noise castigating the govt....at least celebrate this. Don't be a sadist.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by MichealOlajide: 10:47pm On Jan 18
DenreleDave:
Argentina get better eocnomy b4?

Guys pls which app can I download that can make it possible for me to buy shares in Nigerian companies..

Even if na 20k naira shares...

Please suggest the app I can use

Trove
Bamboo
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Alliswell248: 10:47pm On Jan 18
Jamie248:

Yeah, the best rigged market.

Argentina's economy is in shambles just like Nigeria, so there...

See them.....only bad news about Nigeria excites them.....

U av a long way to go.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Alliswell248: 10:48pm On Jan 18
mrdharkchild:
Yet the country is bleeding.
I guess people are now chopping statistics.
Nigerians don't need help.

Go and invest in shares....and stop all this baby talk.

Not a must to comment.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Johel(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Jamie248: 10:51pm On Jan 18
Alliswell248:

See them.....only bad news about Nigeria excites them.....

U av a long way to go.

It's so shameful that APC took away your brain along with your future

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by musicwriter(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18
sofeo:
Good development though, but seems like this is at the detriment of the development of Nigerians and Nigerian society.

Expecially when it comes to this FX stuff

Indeed, it's nothing to celebrate if you understand why.

You have to ask yourself; why is Nigeria and Argentina trailing each other of all countries in the world?

The answer is that the economies of both countries are in shambles. The currencies of both have no value anymore, so international predatory investors have pumped a little amount of dollars into the Nigerian stock exchange to buy large amount of Naira investment - something they can't do if the Naira was strong.

The same thing would happen to government assets which would be sold one after the other. That's the reason for the whole call by the IMF and world bank to devalue the Naira. Soon, they'll threaten to pull their so called investment if the government doesn't obey certain rules. That's how they begin to control or destroy economies around the world.

I changed $40 today for N52,000!! I couldn't believe my eyes. But the money can't buy anything anymore. That's why foreigners are investing in the Nigerian stock exchange. In fact, any foreign investor who have few Billion dollars can buy Nigeria now.

The only way it could slightly be a good thing would be if Nigerians were buying them. But that's not the case

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Trojan8(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18
sofeo:
Good development though, but seems like this is at the detriment of the development of Nigerians and Nigerian society.

Expecially when it comes to this FX stuff

How does the NGX growing come at the detriment of Nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by ppogba: 11:08pm On Jan 18
Feintline:

So this is propaganda?
Dem mention Crypto, you say na.lie.
Dem. mention Bitcoin, you say na fake.
Investors are making money in shares, you say na propaganda

When December comes. And you have nothing to show for the year, you blame village people.

Dey there make pant dey wear you.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by NotGej: 11:10pm On Jan 18
This is false info. The value of naira is at all time low.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by ppogba: 11:11pm On Jan 18
Trojan8:

How does the NGX growing come at the detriment of Nigerians?

By now, you should have known that the topic that generates the most idiotic comments on Nairaland are the ones that talks about shares and the NSE.

Just read some and move on.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by commoditiesnig: 11:11pm On Jan 18
Good news for the financial sector
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:25pm On Jan 18
Feintline:

The funny part of this is that igbos are not suffering a bit of it. Even if they are it's hardly noticeable I know what am saying

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by blowjohn(m): 11:31pm On Jan 18
But stock fish is still very expensive
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Kenmarine(m): 11:44pm On Jan 18
Nigeria, Argentina. Two countries suffering from high rate of inflation... Foreign investors are cashing out here. They come in with a little dollar and change it to local currency and buy out the market...
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by nedekid: 11:44pm On Jan 18
Feintline:

My brother I taya..
Of what benefit is this news to Nigerians. How does it make our lives better for goodness sake.
What affects me now is for naira to appreciate to eg 200 to 1$, reduction in cost of living, fuel, food, diesel, improved electricity etc.
As I wrote the other day, it is as if we are running our businesses just to pay the diesel supplier at 1k per liter. Running the smallest Gen of 80kva, we blow 300l in each location in 2 days totaling 600l every 2 days. Not to talk of Nepa bill.
How is that sustainable? Last last na to shut down through 50 people in 1 location and 68 in another out of work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by bluefilm: 11:58pm On Jan 18
Story for the gods
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by bjcole(m): 12:23am On Jan 19
Stocks markets that does not affect the real markets. Stock markets that doesn't add values to the life of people.

Naira is going going down on a daily basis. Shame shame shame.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by UNDFTD: 2:56am On Jan 19
Wishful thinking...Nigeria's Stock Exchange has become the world's best. On what grounds?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Disbursed Over ₦117 Billion Loans Since Inception – Fairmoney / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets / Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.