Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment (17531 Views)

Nkeiruka Onyejeocha: We Will Resume Payment Of Wage Award This Week / N35,000 Wage Award: You Betrayed Us, We’re Suffering – Workers To FG / Tinubu Approves ₦35,000 Wage Award To Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by ijustdey: 7:35pm On Jan 18
The Federal Government has assured workers that it will clear the arrears of the N35,000 wage award just as it also said the government had resumed the payment of the wage award.

The government also reiterated its commitment to addressing issues in the National Minimum Wage agreement reached with the Organised Labour in 2023.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, disclosed the government’s commitment towards implementing agreements with trade unions during separate meetings with the leaderships of the Trade Union Congress and Congress of University Academics, on Wednesday in Abuja.

Onyejeocha underscored the significance of her interactions with key trade unions, emphasising the intention to uphold open lines of communication, strengthen labour relations to mitigate the likelihood of future strikes, and actively contribute to cultivating a harmonious and friendly work environment for all employees.

Onyejeocha stated that the government appreciated the plight of the trade unions, noting that her visit was not only to reiterate the government’s readiness for partnership but to keep the channels of communication open.

I am here specifically to reassure you that we have not forgotten about the agreements between the government and trade unions. Thank God that you have confirmed that the federal government has started paying the N35,000 wage award and I can assure you that the payment is on course and the outstanding will be paid within a short period,” she said.

Onyejeocha said, “I know that the President is focused on making sure that the issue of a new national minimum wage is addressed. The government will ensure that the committee starts working in earnest.

“I do not want to wait for any stakeholder to start agitating, that is why I have come to remind you that I am aware of those agreements, and we are working round the clock to make sure they are fulfilled. If there is any that we cannot fulfil now, including the past ones, we will continue our engagements on them.”

She commended the leadership of TUC for having faith in the government and assured the union of the government’s continued readiness to listen to them, as well as partner with them for the greater good of the people.

Previously, it was reported by The PUNCH that Joe Ajaero, the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, put forth a suggestion for a wage adjustment to be granted to the Federal Government as a measure to alleviate the impacts of the fuel subsidy removal.

The Labour Unions and the Federal Government under President Bola Tunubu’s led administration had agreed to the payment of an N35,000 wage award for lower cadre workers for the next six months to cushion the effect of the removal of subsidy.

Speaking, the President of Trade Union Congress, Comrade Festus Osifo, commended the government for some of the major steps taken so far, specifically for fulfilling up to 80 per cent of the agreement with the management of Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria, and urged the government the fulfil the remaining 20 per cent of that agreement.

“We are not a union that waits for the government to fail to hold it to ransom. That is why we keep engaging,” Osifo said.

https://punchng.com/fg-to-clear-n35000-wage-award-arrears-resume-payment/?amp

4 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by atiku4President(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18
We don hear. As dem dey clear Forex obligations, they should also clear local debts to citizens. Nigeria no go lose to Ivory Coast if dem do am

2 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by ozo13(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18
Nice one.But the govt should ensure the poorest of the poor get their own fair share too because like only 1million people/civil servants alone are benefiting from the trillions budgets of the federal govt.the little that should have been going to the poor people is what the humanitarian ministry officials are stealing with reckless abandon

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by AOB1: 8:42pm On Jan 18
cool
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by diabeticdeals: 8:42pm On Jan 18
Finally!

The poor will breathe. They've been on choke hold for too long cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by inoki247: 8:43pm On Jan 18
Lol na the Jobless they loose pass in everything....

9 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by ATEAMS: 8:44pm On Jan 18
Oyyana
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by damosade(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18
We would, we shall, about to.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by successmatters(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18
They should use 3 billion naira to verify real civil servants who need the money grin

5 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Kingrshd3: 8:46pm On Jan 18
Who of their light before mtheew
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by symbianDON(m): 8:46pm On Jan 18
ozo13:
Nice one.But the govt should ensure the poorest of the poor get their own fair share too because like only 1million people/civil servants alone are benefiting from the trillions budgets of the federal govt.the little that should have been going to the poor people is what the humanitarian ministry officials are stealing with reckless abandon
exactly how are civil servants benefiting trillions?? I'm lost Sir.

1 Like

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by sunkee(f): 8:46pm On Jan 18
Copy and paste. When will they pay it? No specific date.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by MuslimIgbo: 8:49pm On Jan 18
Honestly, with the present economic situation of this country, minimum wage is not supposed to be less than 200k.

angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Ance4Liverpool: 8:49pm On Jan 18
They should just reduse the price of fuel and stop all this rubbing peter to pay paul tactise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by bentenny(m): 8:49pm On Jan 18
That's the power of a pressure group like NLC and TUC!
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Hezzyluv: 8:50pm On Jan 18
Ance4Liverpool:
They should just reduse the price of fuel and stop all this rubbing peter to pay paul tactise

Borrowing Dollars to inject in FX to stabilize Naira for just 2weeks and in the comming months, Dollar will angrily give the Naira uppercut. grin

4 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by bennybuhari: 8:50pm On Jan 18
To this...to that....
To make promise no dey Taya APC

2 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by ivandragon: 8:51pm On Jan 18
Lol.

Why not do the right thing at the right time?

If the trade unions had not been sounding the alarm, they won't bother to pay.

But if it is money for national assembly and presidency to share, no long story. The money is released with dispatch.

But the masses will keep having to plead, threaten, commit suicide before they see 1 naira and then the government acts as if it is doing a favour and should be praised...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Mustyrahl: 8:53pm On Jan 18
Apparently, my account that is used for this money got blocked because I had a crypto transaction. Please can anyone recommend tell me a way I can go about to get paid or let my complain get to them? Because any money that is sent to the account gets bounced back. I spoke with my office and they said they can’t do anything about it because they submitted for everyone same time.
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Fkj2021: 8:58pm On Jan 18
This is a big fat lie. No payment is ongoing. Infact, when they paid what they paid, some got some did not get up till today.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by DAREH13: 8:58pm On Jan 18
Can't believe government can be playing divide and rule cards with federal workers some of them were paid October's stipend while some were neglected
Some received their 4 month some received two months some only collected once

2 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by 123yes(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18
For government to pay workers both federal,state and local givt a minimum wage of #35k is wickedness on the masses. How much is Nepa bill, water bill, house rent, transport fare, school fees, money for feeding etc. What will someone do with 35k a Month wage. In the same economy some people go home with over 500k. Government please review this salary structure to at least 200k

2 Likes

Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Nolevel666: 9:07pm On Jan 18
Another smokescreen to dodge minimum wage increment

This has been their plan all along
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by denzel231: 9:10pm On Jan 18
Peanut pay....... Payment of 35$ .... God forbid 9ja
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by OcTRACKER(m): 9:16pm On Jan 18
Good news at last
Check my signature for your tracking related work.
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by ransomed: 9:25pm On Jan 18
Another promise cancelled. More deceit loading. .
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Obakoolex(m): 9:43pm On Jan 18
They should please include NYSC members, lemme breath small from my aburos undecided
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18
We are hearing but not receiving the wage award.
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by Chicagograduate(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18
denzel231:
Peanut pay....... Payment of 35$ .... God forbid 9ja
Are they even sharing the money?
Re: FG To Clear N35,000 Wage Award Arrears, Resume Payment by sammyuche(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18
No timeline..useless people

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m More Than Ready To Meet Modu Sheriff In Court – Fani-kayode / Power Tussle Delays Budget Passage / EFCC Arrests Own Driver, Policeman For ‘burgling’ Badeh’s Sealed Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.