Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Churches Should Start Paying Tax - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Start Paying Tax (282 Views)

All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 9:00pm On Jan 18
"14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

And they were amazed at him."

I honestly don't see no reasons churches shouldn't pay tax.

It is not written anywhere in the bible that churches should not pay tax.
Your churches are just greedy

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 9:28pm On Jan 18
Seconded, BOLDLY.If Oyedepo and co can amass much wealth on the heads of gullible idiots and operate private jets,they should be paying taxes, because they are running corporate business enterprises.
In China, charlatans like them won't have that slightest opportunity to operate as pulpit bandits.We need to borrow a leaf from China's book.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 8:16pm On Jan 19
Chukwuka319:
Seconded, BOLDLY.If Oyedepo and co can amass much wealth on the heads of gullible idiots and operate private jets,they should be paying taxes, because they are running corporate business enterprises.
In China, charlatans like them won't have that slightest opportunity to operate as pulpit bandits.We need to borrow a leaf from China's book.
Many people are begining to see that this god thing is a fraud. It may be long, but god shall definitely lose popularity

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:36pm On Jan 19
The quoted scripture is not about the church but individuals irrespective of your beliefs as long as you're earning money you should pay tax. So instead of demanding the church to pay tax that scripture is to be applied as each person pays his or her tax the church is not a person but a group of worshipers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 4:33am On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

Many people are begining to see that this god thing is a fraud. It may be long, but god shall definitely lose popularity
Bla,bla,bla, you are just ranting.
God is greater than all and will remain forever.The problem is false prophets and teachers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36am On Jan 20
Chukwuka319:

God is greater than all and will remain forever.The problem is false prophets and teachers.
Thousands of atheists have come and gone GOD remains in the midst of His worshipers so the atheist will expire soon and God will forever remain! wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 6:46am On Jan 20
Chukwuka319:

Okay now. Why do you think your God is great?
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 6:50am On Jan 20
MaxInDHouse:
The quoted scripture is not about the church but individuals irrespective of your beliefs as long as you're earning money you should pay tax. So instead of demanding the church to pay tax that scripture is to be applied as each person pays his or her tax the church is not a person but a group of worshipers!

Who is the head of the church?
And who's lifestyle do you emulate?
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 6:53am On Jan 20
MaxInDHouse:

Thousands of atheists have come and gone GOD remains in the midst of His worshipers so the atheist will expire soon and God will forever remain! wink
It's true o. God will continue to live in the heads of his followers because of childhood indoctrinations.

If there was a law that every kid should be 18years before they get introduced to the God fallacy. I bet there can't be one who will believe in a fairy being.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

Who is the head of the church?
And who's lifestyle do you emulate?
The head is one person just as Tinubu is the head of Nigeria so if Tinubu pay his tax and i also paid mine what sense is there to ask Nigeria as a body to pay tax again? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01am On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

It's true o. God will continue to live in the heads of his followers because of childhood indoctrinations. If there was a law that every kid should be 18years before they get introduced to the God fallacy. I bet there can't be one who will believe in a fairy being.
Then keep your child in isolation until 18 years before allowing the child to mix with others in the society because God's standard is to help us COHABIT PEACEFULLY with our neighbours but since you don't want your own child to get such training then keep your child away from the society until it's 18+ smiley
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 8:16am On Jan 20
MaxInDHouse:

Then keep your child in isolation until 18 years before allowing the child to mix with others in the society because God's standard is to help us COHABIT PEACEFULLY with our neighbours but since you don't want your own child to get such training then keep your child away from the society until it's 18+ smiley
God's standard is to help you cohabit peacefully? Which of the gods?

Allah that says you should kill the infidels.
Yahweh that himself was a warlord etc.
I guess you didn't know what the christian crusaders did in the early millennium.

"Cohabit peacefully" indeed. Keep playing.

I can take care of my kids. I'm talking of other kids with respect to your post

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MightySparrow: 8:16am On Jan 20
MaxInDHouse:

The head is one person just as Tinubu is the head of Nigeria so if Tinubu pay his tax and i also paid mine what sense is there to ask Nigeria as a body to pay tax again? undecided

The post should have been fair if the OP had included all spiritual outfits including Osun , Okija and mosques.

When it comes to church, these people flex muscles.
They don't see other things the church is doing. Church is a charity organization. Imagine if only schools we have in Nigeria are government schools. How much can the government provide?
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 8:20am On Jan 20
MaxInDHouse:

Simple question.
Is there a movement or a group that emulates Tinubu's lifestyle?
Do you emulate Tinubu's lifestyle or do you hold his command as an authority?

Pitting Tinubu and the mythical Jesus together is the peak of intelligence embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

God's standard is to help you cohabit peacefully? Which of the gods?

Allah that says you should kill the infidels.
Yahweh that himself was a warlord etc.
I guess you didn't know what the christian crusaders did in the early millennium.

"Cohabit peacefully" indeed. Keep playing.

I can take care of my kids. I'm talking of other kids with respect to your post

That's the essence of doing your own findings before enrolling your child in school intelligent parents don't just assume that all schools are good to go! wink
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32am On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

Simple question.
Is there a movement or a group that emulates Tinubu's lifestyle?
Do you emulate Tinubu's lifestyle or do you hold his command as an authority?
Pitting Tinubu and the mythical Jesus together is the peak of intelligence embarrassment.
This is what you need to understand before arguing!
Tinubu supposed to be our role model in this country as the number one man in Nigeria, for your information anywhere Tinubu goes throughout the earth he represents all Nigerians so whatever he does is assumed to be the same thing a Nigerian will hold dearly.

That's what it means to be a leader.

Jesus is the King of God's kingdom so all his disciples are subjects under his kingdom rule that's why we are following the standard he set for us. If all Nigerians are to follow Tinubu wholeheartedly as our leader Nigeria will become the best country throughout the world because everything will work out perfectly unless Tinubu is not good enough to lead.
Jesus is God's anointed King that's why we are to emulate his lifestyle, Tinubu should be able to set good example for Nigerians to follow.
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 9:30am On Jan 20
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks brother.He remaineth forever.
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 9:32am On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

Okay now. Why do you think your God is great?
Babbling galore.Atheists have come and gone but God remaineth.
Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin have come and gone. All other fools will equally come and go like the others.
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 12:55pm On Jan 20
Chukwuka319:

Babbling galore.Atheists have come and gone but God remaineth.
Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin have come and gone. All other fools will equally come and go like the others.
Is that why your God is great? Because he remaineth? 😂
Where can we find it's remains?

2 Likes

Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 4:15pm On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

Lol! Is that why you are still WAILING like a frustrated Banshee?
Israel is a religious country, yet is highly developed.Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and co are religious,yet have very high Human Development Index and sophisticated infrastructure.
Only fools reason the way you do.
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 4:18pm On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:

A bleating Northern goat makes more sense to me than you do.You are trying to sound sensible,but unfortunately no.
You can rant till tomorrow.
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by FRANCISTOWN: 4:22pm On Jan 20
Chukwuka319:

A bleating Northern goat makes more sense to me than you do.You are trying to sound sensible,but unfortunately no.
You can rant till tomorrow.
Well, you've been the one ranting so far
Re: Churches Should Start Paying Tax by Chukwuka319(m): 5:38pm On Jan 20
FRANCISTOWN:
Well, you've been the one ranting so far
Like you are still doing.

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua: A Blessing or A Curse You Decide Today / Woman Dies, Came Back To Life 2 Hours Later / South Africa Threatens To Imprison Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.