Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori (10509 Views)

FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu / Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor / Adams Oshiomhole Appeals Judgement Removing Him As APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by dalongjnr: 8:42am On Jan 19
garfield1:

Sortu sir,with what happened in plateau,all governors will be returned
The case of plateau state was clear and the reasons for the judgment herein was correct.
You can't known more than the learned judges.
Go through the certified true copy of the judgment and you will know better.
I told you that Mutfwang will win his case,which came to passed.
The position of the law was clear!

2 Likes

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by dalongjnr: 8:44am On Jan 19
garfield1:

Sortu sir,with what happened in plateau,all governors will be returned
The case of plateau state was clear and the reasons for the judgment herein was correct.
For Nasarawa state, the case was clear and proved so well at the tribunals.

2 Likes

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by hotseat: 8:45am On Jan 19
The die is cast!

To be or not to be?

It's judgement day, at last!

Today, like the biblical story of two women who argued over the ownership of a child, the King Solomon of our time (SC), would separate truth from falsehood, fact from fiction and substance from shadow.

We await the SC decision in these cases with bated breath.

@hotseat

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by garfield1: 8:47am On Jan 19
dalongjnr:

For Nasarawa state, the case was clear and proved so well at the tribunals.

The case of plateau was political as the supreme court went beyond their jurisdiction to save muftwang.by right,he should be removed.nassrawa is a formality as the apex court has already settled the 21 days issue
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by spencekat(m): 8:47am On Jan 19
coputa:
Wike and Tinubu will remove Fubara for betraying Wike.Fubara has slim chances.
Na today naa, you will see it.
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Ubongikouwem: 8:48am On Jan 19
Kinzo0917:

Speak for yourself

Delta never voted any useless pdp

PDP Has failed Deltans.

Compare delta with other rich state, and you will see we are d most backward

Aside james Ibori who did little, the rest after him performed woefully. Criminals who came to milk Delta money 💰

Asaba is just like a glorified local government area

Warri is very dirty. There is nothing good in delta that one can be proud of

I know u might insult me because that wat most of u do here. But deep down in ur heart, u know am saying the truth

I totally agree with you on this. Asaba And Warri is a place I visit almost every week,
The leaders in that place re wicked , they don't think of the people

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by dalongjnr: 8:51am On Jan 19
garfield1:

The case of plateau was political as the supreme court went beyond their jurisdiction to save muftwang.by right,he should be removed.nassrawa is a formality as the apex court has already settled the 21 days issue
Nothing like political, it was based on it's substance, as the appeal court do more than itself. Forget about the sociology of the law.
Once if you law a jurisdiction to entertain a case, then there's no case at all.
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Kukutente23: 8:53am On Jan 19
nazicartel:
States like Rivers, Abia , Delta didn't have any case at first. Why they went to court is what I don't even understand. I'm still confused on Plateau state, don't know how they managed to sack all PDP members and left the governor. Now, back to Nassarawa, PDP should get that state.....
Where is garfield1 aka senatordave1
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Kukutente23: 9:01am On Jan 19
garfield1:

All governors will be returned
You want to cry again today
Why are you always on the side of evil
Have you no soul?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by garfield1: 9:01am On Jan 19
dalongjnr:

Nothing like political, it was based on it's substance, as the appeal court do more than itself. Forget about the sociology of the law.
Once if you law a jurisdiction to entertain a case, then there's no case at all.

Not true.it is a universal legal principle that once judgment is given,it must be obeyed until set aside no matter how ridiculous.the apex court was bound to obey that judgment via stare decisis.the appeal court sitting as a regular court upheld the shc judgment in oct and we're bound to obey it in the election case...
There is no law that stops courts from entertaining party internal cases,it is just a rule of the supreme court which it forces down on other courts.in reality,all cases can be heard in court except the ones alien to our laws
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Kukutente23: 9:01am On Jan 19
garfield1:

As far as they didn't sack plateau,they won't sack any
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Kukutente23: 9:02am On Jan 19
garfield1:

APC was robbed in plateau and adamawa
How was APC robbed in plateau and adamawa?
Did they win and the results cancelled?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Mykelinkin: 9:18am On Jan 19
We in Nasarawa, voted for David Umbugadu. I pray the Supreme Court will have mercy on people of Nasarawa and do justice to them

2 Likes

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by saintruky(m): 9:20am On Jan 19
coputa:
Yes,PDP ruined Delta state,but the current governor has started working,he has won the heart of Deltans already.Everybody knows that PDP massively rigged the election.Deltans didn't vote for them, they are tired of failure.

What exactly has he done?

The only remarkable thing he has done was to unveil the tallest Christmas tree in the whole of Africa in Asaba...

Is that an achievement?

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by SirFarads01(m): 9:21am On Jan 19
Emu4life:

Engr. Abdullahi Sule is Nasarawa Governor till 2027.

Never play God
He alone is the final Judge of all mortals

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by saintruky(m): 9:22am On Jan 19
highchief1:
truth is far from u.i have travelled more than u.i can educate u on developments if u want it if we have the time.delta development is spread.ofher states concentrates only on their capital.Tell me how many places u can live in in akwa ibom,outside uyo and eket.Delta has more than 8 liveable cities.

Would you be kind enough to list the developments? I'm eager to know
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by SirFarads01(m): 9:23am On Jan 19
Curious345:
Sule will be ousted

Fubara has very low testosterone.

The delta man would survive

You are not far from the truth
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Mokason288(m): 9:28am On Jan 19
highchief1:
im a pdp man but u can’t say we all.which kind talk be that?Im already celebrating sheriff victory but be fair to yourself.that we all doesn’t make sense.every candidate had their supporters

PDP won 21 out of 25 and you feel that isn’t enough to call it all
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Mokason288(m): 9:31am On Jan 19
Kinzo0917:

Speak for yourself

Delta never voted any useless pdp

PDP Has failed Deltans.

Compare delta with other rich state, and you will see we are d most backward

Aside james Ibori who did little, the rest after him performed woefully. Criminals who came to milk Delta money 💰

Asaba is just like a glorified local government area

Warri is very dirty. There is nothing good in delta that one can be proud of

I know u might insult me because that wat most of u do here.
But deep down in ur heart, u know am saying the truth

Why will I insult you??

1… You obviously didn’t insult me

2… I’m not a small boy
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by coputa(m): 9:43am On Jan 19
saintruky:

What exactly has he done?

The only remarkable thing he has done was to unveil the tallest Christmas tree in the whole of Africa in Asaba...

Is that an achievement?
he has lighten up the whole effurun/warri metropolis.he has given contract to Julius Berger to construct three bridges in the effurun/warri axis,
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by kayusely70(m): 9:46am On Jan 19
Let's keep our fingers crossed! Ogun state is where my interest lies.
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by dalongjnr: 9:48am On Jan 19
garfield1:

Not true.it is a universal legal principle that once judgment is given,it must be obeyed until set aside no matter how ridiculous.the apex court was bound to obey that judgment via stare decisis.the appeal court sitting as a regular court upheld the shc judgment in oct and we're bound to obey it in the election case...
There is no law that stops courts from entertaining party internal cases,it is just a rule of the supreme court which it forces down on other courts.in reality,all cases can be heard in court except the ones alien to our laws
The supreme court, as a court of policy, is not bonded by any judgement in rem.
It can squash any judgement!
Go and read,again.
Lower courts can't form a policy for the supreme court.
Oga,once you lack a jurisdiction to entertain a case, there's no case!

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by saintruky(m): 9:54am On Jan 19
coputa:
he has lighten up the whole effurun/warri metropolis.he has given contract to Julius Berger to construct three bridges in the effurun/warri axis,

So na the doing well be this for over how many months in office... See what Alex Otti of Abia is doing with their little allocation...

My brother so d solar light project is what u call an achievement for a state as rich as delta? That's suppose to be LG chairman work and not governor. Ever been to Akwa Ibom at night?

I'm aware of the bridge projects, even though the contractor is yet to commence work... At first it was stated the project would commence on the 8th of January, but what date is today? Contractor is yet to mobilise to site, perhaps it's waiting on today's judgement so as to be on safe side.

Is the proposed bridge at dsc roundabout necessary?
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Belleful: 9:56am On Jan 19
coputa:
Contract that is beginning to look like audio contract....
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Think9ja(m): 9:59am On Jan 19
crossfm:
Nasarawa state is another interesting and most anticipated wait.

The appeal court really messed it's self up by passing that controversial judgement. They were acting as if they were under a spell from APC national chairman. We all understand the spell ( Dollars), from the dollar custodian himself (Gan dollar) grin grin.

The governor didn't even hide their shameless act,he quickly ran to see his benefactor immediately after the judgement was bought, sorry I mean passed tongue.

All eyes on the supreme court cheesy

No Christian can be Nasarawa governor under the current Nigerian structure. The only way that will happen is if the sitting governor dies or gets impeached.
So even if appeal court had upheld the decision of the election tribunal, Supreme court will still nullify it.
Nasarawa state is an extension of the deadly caliphate and you know what that means.

NB: I'm a native of Karu LGA of Nasarawa state so I know what I'm talking about.

But my fellow indigenes are free to dream. But as for me, I know the outcome.
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by coputa(m): 10:00am On Jan 19
Belleful:

Contract that is beginning to look like audio contract....
It is not a scam
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by waveman2: 10:17am On Jan 19
Without interference all governor that won their cases at the tribunal will be returned by the supreme court.QED

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by garfield1: 10:20am On Jan 19
dalongjnr:

The supreme court, as a court of policy, is not bonded by any judgement in rem.
It can squash any judgement!
Go and read,again.
Lower courts can't form a policy for the supreme court.
Oga,once you lack a jurisdiction to entertain a case, there's no case!

The supreme court sitting as an electoral court cannot quash the judgment of a civil or regular court esp one that isn't on appeal before it.it cannot tamper with any pre election judgment.see uzodinma vs ihedioha 2019 supra.it has limited powers.that judgment was a settled judgment,all that was needed was for the court to give effect to it.they could still have saved muftwang via technicalities.
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by highchief1: 10:53am On Jan 19
Mokason288:

PDP won 21 out of 25 and you feel that isn’t enough to call it all
in politics minority is allowed.4 lgs is not small.no be fools Dey the 4 lg.we are celebrating sherif here

1 Like

Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Boyhood: 11:00am On Jan 19
SAD
Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Appeals Affirms Engr. Abdullahi Sule Election.

The supreme court has affirmed the election of His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as Lead Representative of Nasarawa State
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Iampromoted(m): 11:02am On Jan 19
Congratulations to the Ukodo 1 of Okpe Kingdom His Excellency Rt. Hon. (Elder) Sheriff Oborevwori on his victory at the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
Re: Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori by Lifemanage: 6:44pm On Jan 19
Iampromoted:
Congratulations to the Ukodo 1 of Okpe Kingdom His Excellency Rt. Hon. (Elder) Sheriff Oborevwori on his victory at the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
It appears Rivers is not in the plan for today. I am interested

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Goes On Dragons Den, Wants Money To Start A Church. / Fayose Threatens To Sue PDP For Suspending Him, Demands An Apology / Stronger Naira Possible By Q1 2025 – Ajuri Ngelale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.