Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George (24428 Views)

Today Is Finidi George's 50th Birthday. / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by rayopt(m): 10:05am On Jan 19
Tactical switch weyrey wo. You got a lucky penalty and you talking tactical kini? Tactical kee you there. We should quick do wetin we wan do and come back home. No midfielders at all. Except that Alhassan comes back. Nothing for us.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Shyboyk(m): 10:21am On Jan 19
HonNL:

SOURCE

Your tactical switch could not get you a normal goal it had to be a penalty …so if we didn’t see this penalty watin u for talk
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by KingB5(m): 10:22am On Jan 19
ternomes:

That guinea score no dey common. Someone scored hatrick for the first time in fourteen years. See naa

Sorry to say this bro
The player was actually a full back
But now play's a forward....
angry cool
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by garfield1: 10:49am On Jan 19
Freshtruth:
I observe that too but who wan replace am no midfielders again

Eberecchi eze
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by garfield1: 10:52am On Jan 19
Eriokanmi:
Don't mind them. I won't watch super chickens until they advance to the last 16. We don't have a team yet. If not for the penalty,nothing for them. Useless peeps who bought Jersey to disgrace Nigeria all the Time. I blame the NFF who sells Jersey to the highest bidder.

I agree with you funnily
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by hohafrank(m): 11:08am On Jan 19
Hezzyluv:
Some people mentioned me when l said WE NIGERIANS will emerged victorious after that match. I quote dem back yesterday, some smiled back. The one that even bet to give me 15k if Nigeria won has japa... him dey flight mode hitherto. grin

But on a serious note, with what Ghana and Egypt played yesterday, if anyone of them catches us and play in like tempo, our own don bend!

Because, I no dey impressed at all with wetin we played against the 🐘 of Cote'Ivoires.

Hypertension nearly catch person grin
They both play fast football.That is why it look like that.Our is slow, steady and tactical.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by fuke(m): 11:20am On Jan 19
Osayi and Chimeze made us look bad.
If they had released the balls to free strikers,
The match would have ended 3;0.

Finidi is right; they had the ball, but
we had more chances.

Any selfish player should be removed.

Our defence was good.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by optimusprime2(m): 11:22am On Jan 19
gerrardomendes:
Ok. We have our calculators ready sir...just in case

There's no need, because Nigeria is almost assured qualified due to CAF's head to head rule...

Lemme explain, Guinea Bissau is already out...
So it's left with 3 teams actively competing for a place.

And that largely depends on Equatorial Guinea vs Ivory Coast next game.

If Equatorial Guinea wins, then Ivory Coast is out for sure... wether Nigeria loses to Guinea Bissau or not, Nigeria qualifies.

If Ivory Coast wins Equatorial Guinea, then Equatorial Guinea is out. Wether Nigeria wins or loses to Guinea Bissau *Except Nigeria loses to Guinea Bissau by more than 1 Goal(depending on how many goals Ivory Coast beats Equatorial Guinea)*

If the match is a Draw between Ivory Coast & Equatorial Guinea, then only a Draw with Guinea Bissau could make Nigeria top the group.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Sleekfingers: 11:44am On Jan 19
They tried..

But nobody is talking about, our difficulties in scoring........they need to walk on that.....
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Sleekfingers: 11:45am On Jan 19
nazicartel:
See mumu... Tactical gini ?... Ball that we all watched .... 0 shot on target... You guys are not serious

😄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I tire oooooo
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Sleekfingers: 11:48am On Jan 19
Bluntemperor:

So, it's not in your blood,to say thank you but is in your blood to abuse- from your Comfort Zone,how I wish - the Mouth can play football, especially how to beat the Host Country!

By having ZERO shot on goal? That's a huge problem ooo....but because we won, most of you are too blind to see that, they have huge goal scoring problems....
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Sleekfingers: 11:50am On Jan 19
ufotunang:
Nigeria was just lucky...that was not a penalty.... God use the referee to favour nigeria...the problem of the team is the attack they are not effective

Which God? Nigerians and their God calling....
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by otipoju(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19
infofta:
They did well in the area of defence.

But somebody should tell Super Eagles that a team that cannot score goals cannot win the cup. A good team should have that ability not just to defend and hope for the best.

As long as they are not passing to the player in a better position to score they will struggle.

Selfish player full that attack. Moses Simon, Samuel Chukwueze, Bright Osayi. Chidera Ejuike alo with Simon amd Samuel cost us the world cup ticket by refusing to pass
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by chrisukeka(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19
Which tactical switch

The game plan was everybody play wetin you sabi
6 man defense

Without that penalty.....the match would have ended in statement

You can't have that talent at your disposal and be serving Bolton wanderers vibes

HonNL:

SOURCE

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by jimcaddy(m): 12:46pm On Jan 19
Which mumu tactical switch. What you did was what Jose Mourinho and Diego Simeone has done in the past. In local parlance, it's called "score and dilepa", loosely translated to score and defend. Smash and grab. Loool Mourinho tinz.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Impliment: 12:53pm On Jan 19
Nothing like tactical but luck. They were lucky for getting the penalty. If they were tactical, why didn't they score non penalty goals?

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Abemy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 19
"God gives and God takes"

God gave yesterday, I hope he will not take on Monday?
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by PNomsule: 2:40pm On Jan 19
Freshtruth:
he done change to morroco n Senegal now no be una say host nation go finish us? Hypocrite

When me and u siddon talk say host go finish us biko? Sote u come dey label me hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by BALLOSKI: 3:22pm On Jan 19
GoodStrongDick:
Super eagles should rest!

Nothing like tactical there, it was just luck!
Without that pk, super chickens for no fit win ivory coast.

Sadly they'll soon fumble against Guinea
People like you wey never play orange before must talk.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by adekola4258: 3:48pm On Jan 19
Super eagles should rest!Nothing like tactical there, it was just luck! Without that pk, super chickens for no fit win ivory coast.Sadly they'll soon fumble against GuineaSuper eagles should rest!Nothing like tactical there, it was just luck! Without that pk, super chickens for no fit win ivory coast.Sadly they'll soon fumble against Guinea...
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by MamaletASO: 9:01pm On Jan 19
Beating the host nation, ivory coast, is not enough bragging right.

WIN the AFCON Trophy and brag...

Mtcheww.. super eagles chicken

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Flows001(m): 10:06pm On Jan 19
TheGoodJoe:

It was not a perfect one. It was accepting that the Ivorians are better than us. Which to me is a disgrace and shows we have not grown as a team. We can celebrate the win but it was a testament that we are not quality. We need to grow as a team to be better than the Ivorians and we can not get there by sitting deep against them.
Do you even know what is called tactics at all?

The Ivorian adopted tactics from the wings, while the Eagles decided to play deep, that has absolutely nothing to do with who is better, even if we must say, the better team got all the three points.
I'm yet to see FIFA award any trophy for the more entertaining team in a match, there is usually only one trophy, and it is meant only for the winner.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:17pm On Jan 19
Flows001:

Do you even know what is called tactics at all?

The Ivorian adopted tactics from the wings, while the Eagles decided to play deep, that has absolutely nothing to do with who is better, even if we must say, the better team got all the three points.
I'm yet to see FIFA award any trophy for the more entertaining team in a match, there is usually only one trophy, and it is meant only for the winner.

You can win some games sitting deep and playing like a chicken but you can't build a great team playing that way.

The best teams throughout history are.the bravest offensive side.

Sitting deep in mediocre tactics and never class. Just an avenue to celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Pinkybush: 11:22pm On Jan 19
Which tactical switch. Lazy team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) / Why Do Footballers Marriage Last Than Other Celebrities? / Victorious Super Falcons Hosted In Lagos After Their Arrival From Cameroon. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.