Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George (24431 Views)

Today Is Finidi George's 50th Birthday. / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by flokii: 8:08am On Jan 19
The Eagles team needs to wake up.. if we jam teams like Egypt that play with zeal and passion, na basket we go use pack goals.

The knockout stages go tough gan.. no team come AFCON come sell ekpa.

2 Likes

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Expanse2020(m): 8:09am On Jan 19
Ololanla:
We are getting better, but I hope we won't have to start doing permutations and combinations at the end. I sincerely hope!
Tell me waiting you want do if not permutation and combination... You don loose 1 win 1last option na either 1 or draw....so waiting them they call that one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣no be permutation
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by GeneralZodd(m): 8:09am On Jan 19
GoodStrongDick:
Super eagles should rest!

Nothing like tactical there, it was just luck!
Without that pk, super chickens for no fit win ivory coast.

Sadly they'll soon fumble against Guinea

you suck; loser !!!
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Jlow2: 8:09am On Jan 19
Iwobi is a minus in the game , he was not in the midfield Defence or attack, even after the tactical switch he was not defending, he got not passion, just look at how Oshimen was passionate, he defends , drops to midfield and attack, we dnt need big names , we need players that will do the job, iwobi is more interested in swinging his dreads

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by okorogodwin4(m): 8:10am On Jan 19
You don't have any tactics talkless of been tactical
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by BigDawsNet: 8:12am On Jan 19
MrPresident1:
The problem with the Super Eagles is that they cannot score. They need to evolve into a free scoring team. The strikers need to be more clinical in front of goal

Kelechi is the creativity key
So also Iwobi... but his positioned to play Central midfield which is hiding is potential to create goals...

If yusuf can regain fitness... he can replace iwobi while iwobi move upfront

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:12am On Jan 19
efogator:
Tactical switch or not, the eagles has to be more confident with the ball in and around the goal mouth. They missed so many changes and so do the host. Kudos to Nigerian goal keeper.

I pray next match will end 3-1 in favor of Nigeria

Thank God say no be Uzoho dey there
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Focusmind: 8:13am On Jan 19
Stomapifo:
Abeg make we hear word

Bros, na fight? grin grin grin grin

See the SE technical crew, including Finidi forming invincible
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by criuze(m): 8:13am On Jan 19
I stand with ivory coast in this tournament

They will emerge victorious
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by superCleanworks(m): 8:15am On Jan 19
Ololanla:
We are getting better, but I hope we won't have to start doing permutations and combinations at the end. I sincerely hope!
and turn to prayer warrior
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by webincomeplus(m): 8:18am On Jan 19
Stomapifo:
Abeg make we hear word
He has every reason to brag. Nobody gave the team any chances against the host nation. They shocked Nigerians with the result, so he has every reason to talk like a proud assistant coach.

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Ladech(m): 8:25am On Jan 19
You all these English premier leagues with pedestrian analysis grin grin grin. The coaching crew changed tactics and it worked for them. But it's no big deal because it's no rocket science abi?
temmyejo:
There was really no rocket science tact there Oga. The defence was magnificent, attack was below average but the midfield is nothing to write home about.
More so, there is no team work with Bright Osayi deciding to waste the chance instead of giving the goal to Kenneth Omeruo. The coach is doing well when it comes to making tactical decisions like choosing when to win, and when to play a drawl and not revealing his tactics to opponents he is likely to play in a competition. I also respected him for removing Oshimen to prevent a last minute injury in preparation for subsequent matches. He is a coach who understands you that you don't have to win all matches to win a cup like it is in leagues , winning the cup is the overall goal.

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:26am On Jan 19
Cap...
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by imoh4king(m): 8:27am On Jan 19
Ololanla:

Tried what? Are u sure u watched the match? They played rubbish.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by ObalendeCMS: 8:29am On Jan 19
We go still win on Monday..
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31am On Jan 19
Flows001:

Did you read where he said that they had to switch formation?

Every game and team has a unique approach, the approach yesterday was the perfect one for a team like Ivory Coast.

It was not a perfect one. It was accepting that the Ivorians are better than us. Which to me is a disgrace and shows we have not grown as a team. We can celebrate the win but it was a testament that we are not quality. We need to grow as a team to be better than the Ivorians and we can not get there by sitting deep against them.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by 99persait(m): 8:31am On Jan 19
Akwamkpuruamu:
We tried but Osimhen should be more clinical in his finishing
abi oo I feel disappointed by his display.Afican footballer of the year indeed
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by temmyejo: 8:32am On Jan 19
Ladech:
You all these English premier leagues with pedestrian analysis grin grin grin. The coaching crew changed tactics and it worked for them. But it's no big deal because it's no rocket science abi?

I was only citing specific inadequacies.......
The tact worked overall according to what I said, but the performance of individual players especially the attack is unimpressive....
Read again and understand that I gave credit to the defence and tactical crew....
I even implied how effective their substitutions were and how a critical chance was blown.....

Did you really watch the match?

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by infofta(m): 8:32am On Jan 19
They did well in the area of defence.

But somebody should tell Super Eagles that a team that cannot score goals cannot win the cup. A good team should have that ability not just to defend and hope for the best.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Successlane: 8:37am On Jan 19
“We are very happy with the victory but nothing has been done yet.

I agree to that.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Golan007: 8:48am On Jan 19
Stomapifo:
Abeg make we hear word

E pain am.

grin
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Seunfretty: 8:51am On Jan 19
The tactical switch gave us the win....it's just about going a step at a time...I don't rate this team much though ..they lack wat I want to see...

Against guinea bissau that's another avenue to try something different ..ofcourse I don't expect us to sit so much like we did against ivory coast yesterday ..against guinea we can start to device a way we can start imposing ourselves on the match...

Keeping the ball more and moving it much better from defence ...also connecting better in our attack cos if we had connected well on the break yesterday ivory coast would have conceeded a second...

We will look forward to how the approach the next match and give out comment but yesterdays game was won via tactical tweaking ...
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by ufotunang: 9:13am On Jan 19
Nigeria was just lucky...that was not a penalty.... God use the referee to favour nigeria...the problem of the team is the attack they are not effective
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Eriokanmi: 9:14am On Jan 19
MuslimIgbo:
Penalty

Yeye
Don't mind them. I won't watch super chickens until they advance to the last 16. We don't have a team yet. If not for the penalty,nothing for them. Useless peeps who bought Jersey to disgrace Nigeria all the Time. I blame the NFF who sells Jersey to the highest bidder.

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by dominique(f): 9:18am On Jan 19
Ololanla:

Nah, we're clear as far as group stage is concerned. Even if we lose to Guinea Bissau (God forbid), we will still qualify as best loser with our current standing (once again God forbid).
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by ITbomb(m): 9:22am On Jan 19
Nothing tactical there, it was just luck
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by godwon01(m): 9:23am On Jan 19
GoodStrongDick:

Bro , you were talking as if we have not beat ivory coast before. Even , with arrays of their star in 2013, they were defeated. In Algiers 90, when we paraded local players and they paraded good names, like Yussuf Fofana, Abdullah Traore , they were beating. Nigerian and ivory coast Derby is always 50-50. It can go other way. When we were preparing for USA 94, we nearly beat them in Abidjan. If not because of chances that Siasia OKOCHA and Amuneke missed in that match we would have beat them 4 goals to nothing. They came to Lagos and ate 4 goals on reverce match. Yesterday match could have also went on their favour but luck on us as you said.

1 Like

Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by godwon01(m): 9:24am On Jan 19
GoodStrongDick:

Bro , you were talking as if we have not beat ivory coast before. Even , with arrays of their star in 2013, they were defeated. In Algiers 90, when we paraded local players and they paraded good names, like Yussuf Fofana, Abdullah Traore , they were beating. Nigerian and ivory coast Derby is always 50-50. It can go other way. When we were preparing for USA 94, we nearly beat them in Abidjan. If not because of chances that Siasia OKOCHA and Amuneke missed in that match we would have beat them 4 goals to nothing. They came to Lagos and ate 4 goals on reverce match. Yesterday match could have also went on their favour but luck on us as you said.
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by donmik: 9:25am On Jan 19
Akwamkpuruamu:
We tried but Osimhen should be more clinical in his finishing

He needs a more accurate striker to support/pair him cos he plays more like a huzzler but not a scorer
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by gladdensir(m): 9:28am On Jan 19
GoodStrongDick:

Aswear
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by Psychopatheko: 9:38am On Jan 19
Rubbish untop 1-0 penalty for that matter
Re: Tactical Switch Earned Us Victory Against Cote D'ivoire - Finidi George by rolams(m): 9:47am On Jan 19
Even with that penalty?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Footballers Marriage Last Than Other Celebrities? / Victorious Super Falcons Hosted In Lagos After Their Arrival From Cameroon. PICS / Happy Super Eagles Squad Vibing To Duncan Mighty's Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.