Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. (389 Views)

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Like This New Football Trend? / Mourinho: Osimhen Is On The Same Level With Drogba But Needs To Stop Diving / Oliseh: Ighalo Is Good, But Osimhen Is Exceptional Striker Who Can Get Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by ISelectMySins: 10:05am On Jan 19
I am NOT a patriotic Nigerian. I am just an objective one. In the end, this is just my opinion, but you can engage me, I am bored this early mor-mor. I have heard so much hype about this guy and I heard it again during our match yesterday. Osimhen baddest. Osimhen greatest! Osimhen this! Osimhen that!

Don't get it twisted, I am not talking with regards to the football match between Ivory Coast and Nigeria yesterday. I am just talking generally. Although he's a good finisher, I don't think Osimhen is a good player even for Serie A quality.

I could count not one or two qualify players I would choose before him. Or maybe I should say quality strikers.

I would choose Mbappe over him. Anytime, anyday, and twice on a Friday morning.

I would choose Lewandoski over him. Over and over again, yes.

I would choose Gabriel Jesus of Arsenal before him. I would choose Heung Son (of Totenham Hotspur) before him. These players are very, very comfortable when they hold the ball.

Osimhen doesn't seem to have maneuverable skills; seems he's scared when he's with the ball. Seems he's scared of losing possession.

He has the quality of a good finisher, no doubt, but that is just one of many qualities a striker should have. He doesn't enjoy holding the ball for long. A very, very big negative in my books.

So much hype from my country men about this guy but I would choose even his fellow teammate, Kvratshelia (of Napoli) over him. In all honesty and with no bias, I think Shelia is a far better player than Osimhen on all fronts. Whether for Napoli or the Super Eagles, he hardly touches the ball 15 times in any given match and I am dead serious. I would choose Harry Kane over him

Even though he is not a striker, I would choose Kelechi and Victor Moses over him, anytime, and anyday. People would often say A, B, C too dey hold ball, but hardly understand the dynamics of the game and why it is sometimes necessary to hold the ball for long. You cannot have a short one in your team and expect to do well in the long run. Any player that is not comfortable holding the ball for long whether a striker, a midfielder or even a defender is a short one. Yes, that's my own theory, haha.

Osimhen is not an intelligent player. There's a reason Messi is renowned as the best player known to mankind. His skills, intelligence, and ball possession. This is one of those qualities very, very few players posses.

What ya think?
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by LEARNPYTHON(m): 10:05am On Jan 19
OPINION POLL

Like if you agree with the OP
Share if you disagree

mention to 🐍 LEARN PYTHON 🐍
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by DonBenny77(m): 10:08am On Jan 19
No you aren't. I think he is an overrated waste pipe. He can't succeed in EPL or any other competitive league. Italian league has affinity for aerial ball that why he succesds there with his height. He can't stand the pace of EPL he will flop heavily
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by ISelectMySins: 10:08am On Jan 19
LEARNPYTHON:
I agree with you 💯

Lol. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:09am On Jan 19
A big flop?! Lol grin. You are so funny! Honestly. Anyway successful people always attract IRRATIONAL CRITICS. Ask Messi and Ronaldo. grin
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by ISelectMySins: 10:11am On Jan 19
DonBenny77:
No you aren't. I think he is an overrated waste pipe. He can't succeed in EPL or any other competitive league. Italian league has affinity for aerial ball that why he succesds there with his height. He can't stand the pace of EPL he will flop heavily

It's not even about pace. He is just very, very average. He doesn't have that electric effect around defenders like Salah has; no skills or anything of such. He doesn't even hold the ball for some excellent buildup of play in the opposition half. He doesn't ...

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by ISelectMySins: 10:15am On Jan 19
Zxcvbnmghtr:
A big flop?! Lol grin. You are so funny! Honestly. Anyway successful people always attract IRRATIONAL CRITICS. Ask Messi and Ronaldo. grin

Playing in the top flight of Italian Serie A, yes I agree, Osimhen is a success no doubt. However, I am talking about the player Osimhen, not the person. I have no problems with his persona.

Osimhen is a good player to Nigerians, but he doesn't cut it for me. Not at all.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:18am On Jan 19
ISelectMySins:

Playing in the top flight of Italian Serie A, yes I agree, Osimhen is a success no doubt. However, I am talking about the player Osimhen, not the person. I have no problems with his persona.

Osimhen is a good player to Nigerians, but he doesn't cut it for me. Not at all.

That's why I said successful people attract IRRATIONAL CRITICS to themselves.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by ruggedtimi(m): 10:38am On Jan 19
ISelectMySins:

Osimhen is not an intelligent player
i totally agree with this...For the super eagles his positioning is bad and poor link play.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by Deogratiasfx: 2:02pm On Jan 19
ISelectMySins:
I am NOT a patriotic Nigerian. I am just an objective one. In the end, this is just my opinion, but you can engage me, I am bored this early mor-mor. I have heard so much hype about this guy and I heard it again during our match yesterday. Osimhen baddest. Osimhen greatest! Osimhen this! Osimhen that!

Don't get it twisted, I am not talking with regards to the football match between Ivory Coast and Nigeria yesterday. I am just talking generally. Although he's a good finisher, I don't think Osimhen is a good player even for Serie A quality.

I could count not one or two qualify players I would choose before him. Or maybe I should say quality strikers.

I would choose Mbappe over him. Anytime, anyday, and twice on a Friday morning.

I would choose Lewandoski over him. Over and over again, yes.

I would choose Gabriel Jesus of Arsenal before him. I would choose Heung Son (of Totenham Hotspur) before him. These players are very, very comfortable when they hold the ball.

Osimhen doesn't seem to have maneuverable skills; seems he's scared when he's with the ball. Seems he's scared of losing possession.

He has the quality of a good finisher, no doubt, but that is just one of many qualities a striker should have. He doesn't enjoy holding the ball for long. A very, very big negative in my books.

So much hype from my country men about this guy but I would choose even his fellow teammate, Kvratshelia (of Napoli) over him. In all honesty and with no bias, I think Shelia is a far better player than Osimhen on all fronts. Whether for Napoli or the Super Eagles, he hardly touches the ball 15 times in any given match and I am dead serious. I would choose Harry Kane over him

Even though he is not a striker, I would choose Kelechi and Victor Moses over him, anytime, and anyday. People would often say A, B, C too dey hold ball, but hardly understand the dynamics of the game and why it is sometimes necessary to hold the ball for long. You cannot have a short one in your team and expect to do well in the long run. Any player that is not comfortable holding the ball for long whether a striker, a midfielder or even a defender is a short one. Yes, that's my own theory, haha.

Osimhen is not an intelligent player. There's a reason Messi is renowned as the best player known to mankind. His skills, intelligence, and ball possession. This is one of those qualities very, very few players posses.

What ya think?

Anything you say makes little sense and won't sell much as long as he was recognized as the highest goal scorer in last season Serie A and CAF footballer of the year.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by Kinghenry1315: 6:42pm On Jan 19
He will come around he has been missing some one to one chances with the goal keeper is unlike him it seems you have not been watching his matches I have been following him since under 17 days he is not over rated osimeh that doesn't look at goal post before he scored he used to score from very impossible angle if osimeh is face with keeper just know he will score but in this afcon he need to be training alone just like C .Ronaldo used to do he needs to sharpen his scoring skills
Re: Am I The Only One Who Think Osimhen Is A Big Flop. by ISelectMySins: 9:27pm On Jan 19
Deogratiasfx:

Anything you say makes little sense and won't sell much as long as he was recognized as the highest goal scorer in last season Serie A and CAF footballer of the year.

Being the highest goal scorer for a club that won the Scudetto in the same year is not out of the ordinary. I mean, if he isn't, then who? I mean, he is also the club's penalty taker.

I am extremely skeptical of anything African and my skepticism is not unfounded. Could you explain why one of Africa's finest in the person of Jay Jay Okocha, never won the award. It seems there is no laid down criteria for choosing the CAF Player of the year, or do you disagree?

(1) (Reply)

What I Saw About The AFCON 2023 Final / Arsene Wenger Ignores Fans' Banner / *offside Position*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.