Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

'the Wages Of Sin Is Death...' Really? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'the Wages Of Sin Is Death...' Really? (105 Views)

What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / The Wages Of Sin / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'the Wages Of Sin Is Death...' Really? by seiyefajohn(m): 11:01pm On Jan 19
'The wages of Sin is death...' really? Permit me to discuss this brief phrase in a contextual term. I will approach this from both physical angle and spiritual angle. Now let us go and get intimated with enlightenment.

'The wages of Sin is death...' permit me to change the word 'death' with a more appropriate synonmy. Let us consider a different phrase in this context, 'the wages of Sin is damnation...' how does that sound?

If you ask me, i believe that 'damnation' is a more accurate word to replace 'death.' Why did i decide to change the word 'death to damnation?' From the physical perspective death is death, whether you Sin or not we will all die.

Now hear me, the difference between the Sinner and the believer is that, one dies and goes to be with God in heaven (to enjoy ethernal life), while the Sinner is condemned to damnation after judgement (life in a burning furnance for eternity)

The nonbeliever is condemned and enclosed in hell to suffer the repercussion for disobedience and Sins commited while on earth as mortal. In a nutshell, the soul in heaven and the one in hell; are both alive but in different places and in different circumstances.

The soul of a Sinner and that of a believer do not die after physical death, both remain alive to face the consequences of their earthly/worldly actions.I invite Theologians to correct me if i am wrong here.

If the meaning of death in the spirit world is suffering forever, if death mean condemnation into damntion, then i agree. But if the term death is liken to physical death of the flesh, then i totally disagree. Believers and Sinners die, both die. One suffer and the other enjoy at the end of earthly existence.

I am Seiyefa John✍️🎬 the above is my submission.

Females become 'call girls' to acquire education, and after acquiring education, the degree is bagged...

ASSUMPTION: A KILLER AND A HELPER.
_seek confirmation

Assumption can be a vice or an intangible device depending on how we use it. Assumption can be harmful or helpful, her outcome is determinant on how her intangible instrumentalities (is) or (are) utilized.

Assumption is not good, but can be good when used as an intuitive tool rather than a conclusive mechanism. Don't assume and jump into conclusion, rather, assume and reach out for facts that will lead to true conclusion (instead of an assumed conclusion); seek confirmation.

I am Seiyefa John✍️🎬
Re: 'the Wages Of Sin Is Death...' Really? by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Jan 19
seiyefajohn:
'The wages of Sin is death...' really? Permit me to discuss this brief phrase in a contextual term. I will approach this from both physical angle and spiritual angle. Now let us go and get intimated with enlightenment. 'The wages of Sin is death...' permit me to change the word 'death' with a more appropriate synonmy. Let us consider a different phrase in this context, 'the wages of Sin is damnation...' how does that sound? If you ask me, i believe that 'damnation' is a more accurate word to replace 'death.' Why did i decide to change the word 'death to damnation?' From the physical perspective death is death, whether you Sin or not we will all die.
Now hear me, the difference between the Sinner and the believer is that, one dies and goes to be with God in heaven (to enjoy ethernal life), while the Sinner is condemned to damnation after judgement (life in a burning furnance for eternity) The nonbeliever is condemned and enclosed in hell to suffer the repercussion for disobedience and Sins commited while on earth as mortal. In a nutshell, the soul in heaven and the one in hell; are both alive but in different places and in different circumstances. ....
This is instead what Paul was meant when he wrote that the wages of sin is death. undecided
11 The command that I am giving you today is not too difficult for you. It is not too far away from you.
12 God does not keep it in heaven. So you do not have to ask, ‘Who will go up to heaven to find it and bring it down to us? Who will explain it to us so that we can obey it?’
13 It is not far away across the sea. So you do not have to ask, ‘Who will go across the sea to fetch it for us? Who will explain it to us so that we can obey it?’
14 No! God's message is very near to you. It is in your mouth and in your mind. So you must do what it teaches you to do.
15 Look! You must choose between the things that I am offering you today. You may choose to have life and many good things. Or you may choose to have death and many troubles.
16 I am commanding you today to love the Lord your God. Live in a way that pleases him. Obey his commands, his rules and his laws. If you do that, you will live. You will become a nation of many people. The Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are going into as your new home.
17 But you will have trouble if you turn away from God and you do not obey him. If you decide to serve other gods and to worship them, 18 you will certainly come to an end. After you go across the Jordan River, you will not live very long in that land. That is what I am telling you today.
19 Today, I want the sky and the earth to hear what I have said to you. I have told you what you may choose. You may choose life or death. You may choose the Lord to bless you or to curse you. Choose life today, so that you and your descendants will live!
20 Yes, love the Lord your God. Obey him and serve him faithfully. He is the one who gives you life. He will let you live for a long time in the land that he is giving to you. That is the land that he promised to your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20
He said that about the Old Law of Moses which pertained to all the descendants of Israel in the Land of Canaan — the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. God of Israel — YHWH — promised Death as a penalty to the sinners in the Land — those who would refuse to obey His Law. He promised Life — Eternal Life — to those of them who would obey His Law. undecided

1 Like

Re: 'the Wages Of Sin Is Death...' Really? by seiyefajohn(m): 10:54am On Jan 20
Thank you. I appreciate you.

Kobojunkie:
This is instead what Paul was meant when he wrote that the wages of sin is death. undecided
He said that about the Old Law of Moses which pertained to all the descendants of Israel in the Land of Canaan — the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. God of Israel — YHWH — promised Death as a penalty to the sinners in the Land — those who would refuse to obey His Law. He promised Life — Eternal Life — to those of them who would obey His Law. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophecies For February, 2024 / Rev Mbaka Warns Those Into Arrangee Miracles / Nigeria Must Practice Regional System Of Govt To Strengthen The Naira (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.