Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The Wages Of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wages Of Sin (4037 Views)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses / What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / The Wages Of Sin Is Not Eternal Torment 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wages Of Sin by Interesting15: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2021
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23

When God created mankind in the garden of Eden so they could enjoy the blessings attached to serving Yahweh as well as the fulfilment associated with walking intimately with the Creator, they unfortunately allowed the evil devil to make them sin against God. The results were disastrous. Mankind became imperfect and became a slave to sin, satan and hell.

Sin brings death - a separation between the creation and the divine Creator. It is brutal because when one detaches from one's source, the implications will always be severe. When Lucifer detached himself from God through rebellion, he became the cursed devil, knowing no peace forever. This is how bad sin is.

In different generations, mankind was groping in darkness, because he was cut off from his source (which is God) by sin. Our world became unpleasant and corruption kept thriving in different dimensions. It appears as if mankind can't but do evil. The wages of sin is not pleasant.

But being a loving God, the Creator decided to help mankind, and the solution is that He came to the earth in the form of man to suffer and die for our sins. So, scripture says:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ) that whosever believes in Him won't perish but have eternal life". John 3:16

So, God's way of saving us from the hands of the devil and sin and hell, is that we put our faith in Jesus Christ and His finished works on the cross of calvary.

The Will of God is that you will be empowered to have dominion - over sin, satan, hell, sickness, poverty, and anything else that's negative. You shouldn't be a slave to these things. And this can only be possible when you have the life of God in you through faith in the LORD JESUS.

This is the good news!!!

God is no longer angry with us. In Christ Jesus, you become a new creature, a sinless person. All you need do is to embrace Jesus as LORD and Saviour today.

Simply tell Him, "LORD Jesus, have mercy on me and be my Lord and savior"

The good news is, as you engage God through constant prayers and study of His Word, you grow, and you are empowered to rule - over sin, satan, death, hell, and anything negative.

Do away with sin. Embrace Life today in Christ Jesus. God bless you.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2021/12/the-wages-of-sin.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Interesting15: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2021
Happy Sunday lalasticlala
Re: The Wages Of Sin by AntiChristian: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2021
Did Jesus had to die because he was a sinner?

All man will be punished only for their sins.

1.fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin (deuteronomy 24:16).

2.everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge (jeremiah 31:30).

3.the one who sins is the one who will die (ezekiel 18:4).

4.yet you may ask, ‘why shouldn’t the son bear the iniquity of his father?’ since the son has done what is just and right, carefully observing all my statutes, he will surely live. 20the soul who sins is the one who will die. a son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son. the righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him. 21but if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all my statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.…
ezekiel 18:19-21

So only the sinner will be punished and no one dies for anyone.

2 Likes

Re: The Wages Of Sin by freeborn02: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

1.fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin (deuteronomy 24:16).

2.everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge (jeremiah 31:30).

4.yet you may ask, ‘why shouldn’t the son bear the iniquity of his father?’ since the son has done what is just and right, carefully observing all my statutes, he will surely live. 20the soul who sins is the one who will die. a son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son. the righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him. 21but if the wicked man turns from all the sins he has committed, keeps all my statutes, and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die.…

where does this leave original sin? this is the idea that we’re born fallen and deserve hell because of adam’s sin, which infects us all. what foundation remains for original sin if it is undercut by the bible itself?

freeborn02, tiiitoo, rightchannel

You claim you know the Bible, but your question indicates you are just an empty barrel making incorrigible noise.

Keep on searching, dear enemy of Christians, you will find the answer you seek in the same Bible. I will not save you from your ignorance

3 Likes

Re: The Wages Of Sin by orisa37: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2021
JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS!!!
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Yankiss(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2021
Anti Christian, Please read the bible to the end. Read John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." Read to the end of the bible and free yourself from ignorance and eternal damnation.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Wages Of Sin by God1000(m): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2021
Death of course, so many Nigerians won't make heaven because of their misdemeanors wittingly and unwittingly.

99.9% of Nigerians both Christians and Muslims are sinners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wages Of Sin by hopefulLandlord: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Yet they sin everyday.

wages of sin is pleasure
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Amatarasha(f): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Sin was invented by Jehovah aka Satan .
In this situation no fool knows what is wrong and right ,but sinfulness and holiness.
I can kill my enemy and it will be tagged holiness and you can help an innocent outcast and it will be tagged a sin.

Shame on pastors here , I lay curses on you all.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Blazzzaaa: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Is death
Re: The Wages Of Sin by drezzyx(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Sometimes i wonder why same sinners live longer than the righteous one .
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Skillsnigeria: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Reading
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Luciferhimself: 9:52am On Dec 19, 2021
Interesting15:

When God created mankind in the garden of Eden so they could enjoy the blessings attached to serving Yahweh as well as the fulfilment associated with walking intimately with the Creator, they unfortunately allowed the evil devil to make them sin against God. The results were disastrous. Mankind became imperfect and became a slave to sin, satan and hell.
Who are you calling Evil Devil?
The real evil entity in the story is God himself. he was the one that lied to Adam and Eve. it was me that told them the truth

People say I lied to Eve but that's not true, I didn't lie to the beautiful woman but told him the unadulterated truth which God was keeping away from them

Let's check how the events unfolded

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

My reply came next

4“YOU WILL NOT CERTAINLY DIE,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “FOR GOD KNOWS THAT WHEN YOU EAT FROM IT YOUR EYES WILL BE OPENED, AND YOU WILL BE LIKE GOD, KNOWING GOOD AND EVIL.”

They ate the fruit. Now after God had gotten angry and cursed the man and the woman, he proved I never lied when he confirmed the result I said the fruit would have on Adam and Eve. check out the verse

22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Compare the bolded statement above with verse 4 which I typed in red caps above and show me exactly where I lied. Those that are saying I lied are the true liars

I can boldly say I'm more sincere than God and I deserve that throne he sits on

1 Like

Re: The Wages Of Sin by femi4: 9:52am On Dec 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

So only the sinner will be punished and no one dies for anyone.

Illiterate
The "death" isn't physical death but a spiritual one
Re: The Wages Of Sin by sigiyaya112: 9:53am On Dec 19, 2021
Foolish Religious people everywhere cool cool

2 Likes

Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 9:54am On Dec 19, 2021
Interesting15:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23

If death results from sin, why do non-human animals and plants also partake of death?

1 Like

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Luciferhimself: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2021
hhh
Re: The Wages Of Sin by seunmsg(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2021
The wages of sin is enjoyment and not death!

Is there anybody that will not die? Even Jesus Christ had to die at some point even though he was sinless. So, how can the wages of sin be death when we are all going to die whether we sin or not?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:
The wages of sin is enjoyment and not death!

How does anyone know for sure that this man called Yeshua was without sin?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by eedimo(m): 10:06am On Dec 19, 2021
What can separate us from the love of God?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by seunmsg(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2021
DeepSight:

How does anyone know for sure that this man called Yeshua was without sin?

Well, we can only rely on the information provided in the Bible no matter how one sided it is.
Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2021
femi4:
Illiterate
The "death" isn't physical death but a spiritual one

Do we take it then that physical death was always and already part of the program, even before "sin" came into Eden?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by DeepSight(m): 10:09am On Dec 19, 2021
seunmsg:

Well, we can only rely on the information provided in the Bible no matter how one sided it is.

Surely all literate persons are aware that the bible is not an inerrant record?
Re: The Wages Of Sin by Vl3ly: 10:17am On Dec 19, 2021
Na lie
Re: The Wages Of Sin by sihixa5968: 10:17am On Dec 19, 2021
Death
Re: The Wages Of Sin by femi4: 10:24am On Dec 19, 2021
DeepSight:

Do we take it then that physical death was always and already part of the program, even before "sin" came into Eden?
Physical death is part of the plan of God to receive his own after leaving the garden of Eden

1 Like

Re: The Wages Of Sin by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2021
DeepSight:

Surely all literate persons are aware that the bible is not an inerrant record?

You refused to answer me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shiloh 2009 Is Here Again, (8-12 December) You Are Invited! / Meta-ethics: The Nature And Origins Of Good And Evil / When God Visits You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.