Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US (81054 Views)

Breaking: Tope Awotona officially recognized as a billionaire on Forbes / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by HBB1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20
DARLINGTON869:
More

Where did you get this kangaroo list from?

🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Trophy12: 7:34pm On Jan 20
Golan007:

E pain am.

You lot hate the truth.

Plonkers.
how e go pain me , I live a comfortable life , I travel to anywhere I wish to and I take care of my siblings too . Technically am a successful man. Idiot like u way be una own no to they hate people success. Ogun kill u grin am done reply fools like una . Go and find something to do with ur life before it's too late oponu
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Olumaeme: 8:28pm On Jan 20
BigBlackPreek:
Congratulations to him but what has been his contributions back home towards bettering the life of the less privileged and the downtrodden

What has his home contributed to him?
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Golan007: 8:28pm On Jan 20
Trophy12:
how e go pain me , I live a comfortable life , I travel to anywhere I wish to and I take care of my siblings too . Technically am a successful man. Idiot like u way be una own no to they hate people success. Ogun kill u grin am done reply fools like una . Go and find something to do with ur life before it's too late oponu

This one is boasting about travelling.

You give off short man energy.

cheesy
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Dagrace01(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20
What's Adebayo Ogunlesi net worth?
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Ofemannnu: 8:51pm On Jan 20
DARLINGTON869:
More
grin
These are just blogs where one can write anything he likes now.
Only Forbes and Bloomberg are recognised in the world as authentic references not blogs where I can write that my mum is worth $10 billion.
Arthur Eze is not even worth up to $500 million.
The only dollar billionaires in Nigeria are Hausa and Yoruba.
And the only dollar billionaires abroad are Yoruba only.
There is no Igbo man that has a worth of up to $500 million.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by HBB1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20
Ofemannnu:
grin
Only Forbes and Bloomberg are recognised in the world as authentic references not blogs where I can write that my mum is worth $10 billion.
And the only dollar billion abroad are Yoruba only.

Don't mind the Otondo!
🤣

2 Likes

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by 618benazir: 9:20pm On Jan 20
Are you a graduate?Are you a graduate?...
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Ofemannnu: 9:27pm On Jan 20
HBB1:

Don't mind the Otondo!
🤣
grin
They have a lot of blogs created that I laugh when I see some of them. grin
Yorubas and Hausa that are the real billionaires in dollars do not have time for that deceit.
Yorubas are successful anywhere by being very hard and smart working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by nedekid: 9:42pm On Jan 20
PureFace1:

You read it right

Your generation usually use government favour to discredit Yoruba success in this country, the UK and USA government must also be favouring Yoruba over Igbo right ?

Yoruba have billionaire in USA and UK no tribe in Africa have that feat.
Bros, the issue is how does it benefit you or me as Individuals.
Its just as you see some guy down the street saying 'I" beat Chelsea, I drew with man u, na me carry premiership. I de go champions league etc. Lol.
One just shakes his head and Waka pass. The only way be benefits from man u, Chelsea etc is if he stakes money in a match ie bet naija and wins. Most times he looses his money.
Point is aside from bragging rights which does not put food on the table, you have no benefit if a Yoruba, igbo or Hausa man is the richest fella in the whole wide world.
Lets face reality abeg.

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by mikaael(m): 9:47pm On Jan 20
BreconHills:

Can one really ascribe domicile to a $ denominated billionaire?

The post read 'richest Nigerian in the USA
Bayo Ogunlesi lives and does buisness in the UK
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by phorget(m): 9:59pm On Jan 20
PureFace1:

You read it right

Your generation usually use government favour to discredit Yoruba success in this country, the UK and USA government must also be favouring Yoruba over Igbo right ?

Yoruba have billionaire in USA and UK no tribe in Africa have that feat.

I thought it's only igbos that travels out of their enclaves.
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by BreconHills(m): 10:03pm On Jan 20
mikaael:

The post read 'richest Nigerian in the USA
Bayo Ogunlesi lives and does buisness in the UK

True. He is also a US citizen with over 60% of his net assets in a US registered company.

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by shonepa(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20
No hate. But wetin stop u from posting people wey dey other tribe?

Leave mata for Matthias

PrinceofSarcasm:
That tribalist FreeStuffsNG will soon come here and create topic because the person is Yoruba.

The guy doesn't even think like a normal person beyond tribalism. I don't know why he wasn't banned permanently.

Seun if you want to clean Nairaland accounts like FreeStuffsNG should be banned permanently. He only created topics for one tribe and intentionally avoids achievements of southeast southsouth of Northerners.

Ban that account permanently!

https://www.nairaland.com/7975567/open-letter-seun-freestuffsng-tribalism

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Igbek76: 10:38pm On Jan 20
Mandate2023:

It's more informative than ur ppl going to snap pics with mansion abandoned by drug barons in there home town

Ha ha!
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Okhuadams(m): 10:49pm On Jan 20
PrinceofSarcasm:
That tribalist FreeStuffsNG will soon come here and create topic because the person is Yoruba.

The guy doesn't even think like a normal person beyond tribalism. I don't know why he wasn't banned permanently.

Seun if you want to clean Nairaland accounts like FreeStuffsNG should be banned permanently. He only created topics for one tribe and intentionally avoids achievements of southeast southsouth of Northerners.

you are the bloody tribalist here

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Jesubaby: 11:05pm On Jan 20
PrinceofSarcasm:

😃😀😄😄😃😆 omo!! This jealousy strong o
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by yad2eidi: 11:28pm On Jan 20
Jemex003:

Always be honest and mention everything you’re good at; Drug, Kidnapping, Fake drinks, fake medicine, Robbery, Cars stolen and 419.
you mean nigerians? yes there are very useless people
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by shegra58: 1:06am On Jan 21
forenzy:
Tope Awotona is the founder and CEO of scheduling software company Calendly.
Awotona, a former salesman for tech firms including EMC (now Dell EMC), founded Calendly out of his own frustration with the back-and-forth emails required to schedule meetings.

He bootstrapped Calendly for years before taking on a $350 million investment in 2021 that valued the firm at $3 billion.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Awotona immigrated to the United States as a teenager.
Before founding Calendly, he had started a few other businesses, including one that sold projectors and another that sold garden tools, that flopped.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/meet-tope-awotona-richest-nigerian-and-immigrant-in-the-us/#:~:text=Tope%20Awotona%20has%20been%20named,Calendly%2C%20a%20scheduling%20software%20company.
Omoluabi Atata

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by shegra58: 1:08am On Jan 21
PrinceofSarcasm:

why are you feeling insecure he post what he feel like you can also decide to post whatever achievement from your preferred tribe
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by shegra58: 1:12am On Jan 21
PrinceofSarcasm:

What are you talking about ?
stop pretending as if you don't know what they are talking about
Celebrate your tribe too at least any little party like this they will litter money everywhere on the floor
Celebrate them
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Sirmuel1(m): 1:23am On Jan 21
BigBlackPreek:
Congratulations to him but what has been his contributions back home towards bettering the life of the less privileged and the downtrodden

Home is where you find peace.
Don't try to advise a Man who doesn't see Naija as a Home.
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by jogojogo: 2:02am On Jan 21
PrinceofSarcasm:

Why are you and all those that liked your comment this envious and insecure?
You messed everywhere and turn back to cry victimisation? Did you grow up to become like this or were created that way? I am curious

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by lhurd: 3:32am On Jan 21
PrinceofSarcasm:

Rather than calling form the persons ban, is it not wiser to avoid his/her posts completely? That ensures you are not offended and the person can also freely get to their targeted audience.
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by seeme2(f): 3:46am On Jan 21
Yoruba doings. When we are ready we will give free visa to Igbo women and Yorubanise them so they can add to our already beautiful omoluabi female folk in our Yoruba nation but deny their flat head men entry. Their Biafla will be the first male only country in the world. grin
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by deeva2: 6:13am On Jan 21
Omoluabi..
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by Tuhndhay(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22
PureFace1:

No but he is as rich as Jay Z his net worth is 1.2 billion $ while his company is worth 3 billion $

Yes, he is. Bayo Ogunlesi worth is 2.3 billion and besides they are in two different countries/continent

1 Like

Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by AlphaSoul: 11:08am On Feb 27
forenzy:
Tope Awotona is the founder and CEO of scheduling software company Calendly.
Awotona, a former salesman for tech firms including EMC (now Dell EMC), founded Calendly out of his own frustration with the back-and-forth emails required to schedule meetings.

He bootstrapped Calendly for years before taking on a $350 million investment in 2021 that valued the firm at $3 billion.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Awotona immigrated to the United States as a teenager.
Before founding Calendly, he had started a few other businesses, including one that sold projectors and another that sold garden tools, that flopped.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/meet-tope-awotona-richest-nigerian-and-immigrant-in-the-us/#:~:text=Tope%20Awotona%20has%20been%20named,Calendly%2C%20a%20scheduling%20software%20company.
Re: Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US by AlphaSoul: 11:17am On Feb 27
Ofemannnu:
grin

And the only dollar billionaires abroad are Yoruba only.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 4 / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.