Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community (29205 Views)

45-Year-Old Woman Raped, Killed In Ondo Community / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Set Ondo Community Ablaze, Kill Three Persons / Armed Robbery Attack On Abuja-Kaduna Highway, Travellers Kidnapped (Photos) . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by XAUBulls: 6:21pm On Jan 20
ogbonti:

==================STEPS TO END KIDNAPPING IN NIGERIA===============

1. Give N10M cash reward for real evidence of Kidnappers operations, Protect the Identity of the whistleblower
2. Step #1 ensures that even among the kidnappers, they will tell on each other and trust amongst them breaks
3. Try the Kidnappers at a SPECIAL OFFENSES TRIBUNAL (SOT) comprising judicial and military officers, e get why
4. The trial and appeal MUST BE WITHIN 90 days - and well televised - because Justice delayed is Justice denied
5. Once found guilty - the death penalty must be given, no sentiments - No room for endless appeals after judgement!
6. The execution must be made public to serve as deterrent - HANGING or FIRING SQUAD - just like the days of old
7. Step #6 is to create the visual consequence of kidnapping - the chill of seeing an execution deters criminality
8. Humans relate more with what they see than what they imagine - I recall watching the execution of Anini live in 1987
9. Execution of convicted Kidnappers must happen within 7 days after the final judgement - for quick closure to the victims
10. The reason for step #9 is to ensure that while the story is still fresh, JUSTICE is served - hard and cold!

Before the government spends N1 Billion - kidnapping will be history in Nigeria!!!! - Tinubu and NASS - do this and thank me later cool
I remember when General Buhari's military regime executed the 3 male drug pushers back in 1984, the drug trafficking through the major airport in Lagos disappeared completely.

The lax implementation of the death penalty is what has led to a spike in crimes. Death penalties simply act as deterrents but those civilian Governors have not been signing the death warrants after the courts have convicted these criminals to death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by ufuosman(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20
Govt should do everything to tackle unemployment, cos d way d economy is going more of dis will kip coming out
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by XAUBulls: 6:33pm On Jan 20
UnemployedGradu:
This news isn't adding up because I have been to Ekiti alot of times as of 2019, I travelled from Ekiti to Benin regularly. See these two states have boundary in Emure, they have emure Ekiti and Emure Ondo so why is the writer insinuating again that it happened in the boundary while inferring aftermaths that it happened along Ikere Ekiti. Do you really know how far Emure is from Ikere Ekiti? It's not that close because after Emure, you pass Ise Ekiti . Well Between the boundary towns of Emure Ekiti to Emure Ondo is so bad that there is erosion sites there oh.. I travelled from Ekiti to Edo like once every month about 12 times that year. Thank God I wasn't kidnapped in that boundary.
Interesting... Is Emure also in Ondo State? I used to think Emure-Ekiti is just one town.

Second, from the investigative reports I have read over the last 10 years, most of those attacking the highways in Ekiti and Ondo States are indigenes of Kogi State especially the armed criminals among the Ebiras coming in from the Ikenne axis and the Fulani bandits who are interstate kidnappers and armed robbers. One of the Fulani criminals engaged in kidnappings about 3 years ago even spoke the Ilorin-Yoruba dialect to those they kidnapped while traveling along the road connecting Akure to Ado-Ekiti.

Also a significant number of armed robberies used to be committed by interstate armed robbers from Delta and Edo States right in Ondo State in the early 2010s but from reading a lot of crime stories, that subset of armed robbers from Delta and Edo States who have been arrested by anti-crime policemen has dropped.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by UnemployedGradu: 6:37pm On Jan 20
XAUBulls:

From the reports I have read over the last 10 years, most of those attacking the highways in Ekiti and Ondo States are indigenes of Kogi State especially the armed criminals among the Ebiras coming in from the Ikenne axis and
the Fulani bandits who are interstate kidnappers and armed robbers.

Also a significant number of armed robberies used to be committed by interstate armed robbers from Delta and Edo States right in Ondo State in the early 2010s but from reading a lot of crime stories, that subset of armed robbers from Delta and Edo States who have been arrested by anti-crime policemen has dropped.

my own is that they should repair Emure Ekiti boundary to Emure Ondo. Do you know the NYSC camp is close there at Emure...how do these corpers survive? Because last time I passed, I saw a post there as NYSC camp Emure, I asked the driver and he said it was the current Nysc camp, it's risky to situate Nysc in that area oh! When I did my Nysc at Osun state, right inside the camp, I picked stones( I had my catapult always hidden in my pulse) and sticks and was ready to defend myself if Fulani herdsmen attacked the camp oh! Forget about heavy armed soldiers in camp , camp commandant with police and man oh war because I so much believe in my self defence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by XAUBulls: 6:45pm On Jan 20
UnemployedGradu:
my own is that they should repair Emure Ekiti boundary to Emure Ondo. Do you know the NYSC camp is close there at Emure...how do these corpers survive?
Indeed. It will be unwise for parents to train their kids through college (Uni) and then have them kidnapped during an NYSC program.

Can you read my post again... I added more information to it.

It's time to introduce drones and satellite surveillance in curbing crimes. Again, those Fulani criminals in the North use Satellite phones to communicate with one another so the normal mobile phone tracking and NIN will NOT work.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by UnemployedGradu: 6:49pm On Jan 20
XAUBulls:

Interest... Is Emure also in Ondo State? I used to think Emure-Ekiti is just one town.

Second, from the investigative reports I have read over the last 10 years, most of those attacking the highways in Ekiti and Ondo States are indigenes of Kogi State especially the armed criminals among the Ebiras coming in from the Ikenne axis and the Fulani bandits who are interstate kidnappers and armed robbers. One of the Fulani criminals engaged in kidnappings about 3 years ago even spoke the Ilorin-Yoruba dialect to those they kidnapped while traveling along the road connecting Akure to Ado-Ekiti.

There are two Emures which are Emure Ekiti and Emure Ondo after that you cross to owo. The two Emure were one before the state was divided so the Nysc Emure went to Ekiti and the ending part of Emure after crossing that bad boundary went to Ondo. Well I would be visiting Ekiti next week shaa, my fiancee lectures there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Fahd11: 8:22pm On Jan 20
I guess Pandora would have stopped this, right?
Malroux:
By the time Ebola Tinubu finished with Nigeria then we will understand that election have consequences.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Malroux: 8:34pm On Jan 20
Fahd11:
I guess Pandora would have stopped this, right?
I don't know who's Pandora.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Fahd11: 8:37pm On Jan 20
3rd position
Malroux:
I don't know who's Pandora.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Uncletony(m): 8:39pm On Jan 20
This time around it will be uzoma Anthony!. For the 3rd time!!!. Senseless people.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Malroux: 8:41pm On Jan 20
Fahd11:
3rd position
So you took third position at your jss three? What are you doing here kiddo?
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Fahd11: 8:51pm On Jan 20
I guess you took 3rd position in your primary 3 little kid. Go play with your mates with clay.
Malroux:
So you took third position at your jss three? What are you doing here kiddo?
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by riverbird: 8:57pm On Jan 20
ogododo:
Nawa oo. Kidnapping don turn oyel.

God bless ESN....
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Malroux: 9:01pm On Jan 20
Fahd11:
I guess you took 3rd position in your primary 3 little kid. Go play with your mates with clay.
Hey kiddo, I don't banter with kids ok. Look for your age mates. I'll buy biscuits and sweets for you when I'm less busy ok.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Fujiyama: 10:00pm On Jan 20
oladipuposadeeq:
My last delivery to a client in abuja in December was sumtin else from okene-lokoja then lokoja-abuja was need for speed naija version anything enter express you clear am comot we no send anybody papa for that road

^^^
grin Your game plan to 'clear any obstacle on the highway' shows that some people here really, really mean business.

What some of these criminals do is lie in wait at the bad spots on the road. There are some parts of the road where you must slow down or your vehicle will be damaged - and that's when they strike. lipsrsealed

There are some of them who also lie in wait on good parts of the road - they put nail studded planks, logs of wood or any other large object on the road to force you to slow down - and again, that's when they strike. angry

And there are some of them who just come out of the bush and open fire with the aim of hitting the driver and immobilizing the vehicle. They are fully prepared to kill the driver and possibly one or two passengers as long as they can get the vehicle to stop and pick out one or two other unharmed passengers for ransom. undecided

This is the country in which we live.

oladipuposadeeq:
I no go take things with levity con dey find 10m where I wan take see am or find am from.

^^^
grin

You do have a point.

1 Like

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by olajobi6promise: 10:20pm On Jan 20
Chai! These are people family members and relations. Hope they are rescued on time. If the citizens are not safe, then no government official should go about with any security convoy.Chai! These are people family members and relations. Hope they are rescued on time. If the citizens are not safe, then no government official should go about with any security convoy....
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by ogbonti: 11:23pm On Jan 20
XAUBulls:

I remember when General Buhari's military regime executed the 3 male drug pushers back in 1984, the drug trafficking through the major airport in Lagos disappeared completely.

The lax implementation of the death penalty is what has led to a spike in crimes. Death penalties simply act as deterants but those civilian Governors have not been signing the death warrants after the courts have convicted these criminals to death.

God bless you - death penalty is a very strong deterrent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by dbestcno(m): 12:24am On Jan 21
Right from time that area has been deadly. Ask luxury bus drivers

1 Like

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Snowx: 11:21am On Jan 21
Alliswell248:

Go school....u say no.
Keep wasting your time on NL.

Read the trash you wrote.....what is attract doing in the sentence.

Sit at home people.

That shows You lack acumen...you go school and you don't know what typographical errors in a sentence is all about.. spits!!
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Alliswell248: 1:13pm On Jan 21
Snowx:

That shows You lack acumen...you go school and you don't know what typographical errors in a sentence is all about.. spits!!

Tell the trash to your Prof or your employer.

Headless mob
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by XAUBulls: 5:29pm On Jan 21
UnemployedGradu:
There are two Emures which are Emure Ekiti and Emure Ondo after that you cross to owo. The two Emure were one before the state was divided so the Nysc Emure went to Ekiti and the ending part of Emure after crossing that bad boundary went to Ondo. Well I would be visiting Ekiti next week shaa, my fiancee lectures there.
Wow! Thanks for the information.

I didn't know that Emure is split into two states... I think a boundary adjustment must be done so that the town remains in Ekiti. The situation looks similar to that of Igbara Oke and Igbara Odo in Ekiti and Ondo States that are so intertwined. I've been to Ikogosi Resort in Ekiti West on two occasions back in the early 2000s and we had to pass through the two Igbara towns on the way to Ikogosi. Ekiti indeed has beautiful, breathtaking green rolling hills flowing right into Osun and Ondo States and a lot of money can be made by Ekiti State (and nearby states) from tourism through Nigerian-based and international visitors including the Nigerian Diaspora once the roads are safe and overall security is guaranteed with comfortable chalets and Airbnb accomodations.

I wish you a safe trip to see your fiancee as well and massive success to you in 2024.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by XAUBulls: 5:46pm On Jan 21
oladipuposadeeq:
Nowadays to travel you just have to be lucky aside bad roads,road officials wahala like police,road safety even NDLEA, soldiers & customs are not left out, you will have to add the baba of them all kidnappers and fulani herdsmen.

My last delivery to a client in abuja in December was sumtin else from okene-lokoja then lokoja-abuja was need for speed naija version anything enter express you clear am comot we no send anybody papa for that road because I no go take things with levity con dey find 10m where I wan take see am or find am from.

God help us all πŸ˜ͺ not 4getting highway robbers also abeg this country is in shambles jare
I like your ruggedness while on the move... grin
I wish you more safe trips ahead.

The vicious highway robberies have always been there even during the military era back in the 1980s to the 1990s. From the Edo-born Lawrence Anini's deadly gang of armed robbers who drove in Volkswagen Santana's to rob, to the Chadian bandits called "Kwanta Kwanta" who kidnapped people, robbed, killed and raped women as well from the 1980s along the Kano to Maiduguri road, etc, to the criminal activities on the Kano to Jos expressway, and vicious crimes in the South East by Ibo-born armed robbers and kidnappers leading to the setting up of vigilance groups. These crimes that were well reported in the mass media all started in the military rule years and NEVER subsided.

The deployment of attack and surveillance drones, satellite tracking technologies, and well-paid elite SWAT teams from the police, with the death penalty would curb these crimes of armed robberies and kidnappings significantly.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by UnemployedGradu: 6:24pm On Jan 21
XAUBulls:

Wow! Thanks for the information.

I didn't know that Emure is split into two states... I think a boundary adjustment must be done so that the town remains in Ekiti. The situation looks similar to that of Igbara Oke and Igbara Odo in Ekiti and Ondo States that are so intertwined. I've been to Ikogosi Resort in Ekiti West on two occasions back in the early 2000s and we had to pass through the two Igbara towns on the way to Ikogosi. Ekiti indeed has beautiful, breathtaking green rolling hills flowing right into Osun and Ondo States and a lot of money can be made by Ekiti State (and nearby states) from tourism through Nigerian-based and international visitors including the Nigerian Diaspora once the roads are safe and overall security is guaranteed with comfortable chalets and Airbnb accomodations.

I wish you a safe trip to see your fiancee as well and massive success to you in 2024.

All the best!

Thank you so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by jumokeadele(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21
i'm a yoruba , oga this is not about tribalism, its about nigeria and how this politicians are fooling us , why haven't they show the face of the chinaza philips ? , why did they show only two short guns while the victims claimed they had exotic guns
cjudy:

Seun

Nlfpmod

Tribalist. Where in the statement did they mentioned Chinaza?

This guy need to be ban for life, if you don’t ban him, I’m personally going to report this site
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by jumokeadele(m): 7:45pm On Jan 21
I need to talk to you please, i'm planning to travel from lagos to about four states by road , lagos to benin , to portharcourt , to enugu , then abuja back to lagos , all by road and i intend to travel , My plans is to do only day time traveling the sleep in at the nearest hotels and continue the following day but with this ondo state thing , i think no where is safe again o

oladipuposadeeq:
Nowadays to travel you just have to be lucky aside bad roads,road officials wahala like police,road safety even NDLEA, soldiers & customs are not left out, you will have to add the baba of them all kidnappers and fulani herdsmen. My last delivery to a client in abuja in December was sumtin else from okene-lokoja then lokoja-abuja was need for speed naija version anything enter express you clear am comot we no send anybody papa for that road because I no go take things with levity con dey find 10m where I wan take see am or find am from. God help us all πŸ˜ͺ not 4getting highway robbers also abeg this country is in shambles jare
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:04pm On Jan 21
jumokeadele:
I need to talk to you please, i'm planning to travel from lagos to about four states by road , lagos to benin , to portharcourt , to enugu , then abuja back to lagos , all by road and i intend to travel , My plans is to do only day time traveling the sleep in at the nearest hotels and continue the following day but with this ondo state thing , i think no where is safe again o

if what you are going to do in those states are really important then you just have to go besides it's not as if you are the one driving. be safe and don't have any negative thoughts when in transit. Be optimistic that nothing bad will happen to you on this marathonic journey πŸ‘πŸ’―
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Fahd11: 8:31pm On Jan 21
Neither do I banter with toddlers. Go change your soiled pampers.
Malroux:
Hey kiddo, I don't banter with kids ok. Look for your age mates. I'll buy biscuits and sweets for you when I'm less busy ok.
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Malroux: 9:30pm On Jan 21
Fahd11:
Neither do I banter with toddlers. Go change your soiled pampers.
What's the name of that your favorite biscuit again?
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Snowx: 9:53pm On Jan 21
Alliswell248:

Tell the trash to your Prof or your employer.

Headless mob

Newbie! Stop struggling to be relevant..we done talking
Re: Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community by Fahd11: 11:53am On Jan 22
Ask your uncle the name of the last one he bought before you soiled your diapers.
Malroux:
What's the name of that your favorite biscuit again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okoh Enejor: Kidnapped Benue Businessman Found Dead / Man Accused Of Snatching Male Organ In Lokoja (Picture) / Photos: Nigerian Sex Workers In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.