Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? (3984 Views)

See Why My Mother Cursed Me / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by CockPit: 6:46pm On Jan 22
Lifeinlight:
skills is not also certain.

So you mean to tell me if I
I am a tailor and good with it, I wont get customers to sew new clothes. I know how much I pay my tailors. Look at your family members and friends and ask them how much they spent on sewing new clothers inn the past oe months.

Or a mechanic who is not lazy and good with his crafts, peoples car don't break down anymore?

I went to fix brakes and a few other things on my wife's car at the mechanic workshop and was charged $980 at the end of the day for parts and workmanship.

Last week, the rotor on my furnace broke down and I called the furnace technician, I ended up parting with $1000 for a 1 hour work including parts.

My water line froze last week and I called the plumber just take a look. He came and looked around and told me the lines will unfreeze when the furnace starts working and the house is heated up. Just for showing and checking doing anything, I had to pay him $60.

Skill means you have a knowledge to solve a particular problem that most people will have on a regular basis.

Compare that with a linguistic or english graduates who spent 4 years studying and coming out more confused with no REAL LIFE SKILLs to solve REAL LIFE PROBLEMS.

If a skilled person does not succeed, its either he is lazy or totally usurious.

Cars will continue to break down every day requiring mechanics, new houses will be built requiring plumbers and electricians.

people will need gates for all the new houses and require the services of plumbers, new houses will need to be wired needing the services of electricians.

I am an international education consultant and I see a lot of people in the university who have no business there . We have a huge population with zero or little skills and our leaders are not intersested in overhauling the present educational system and introduce a working solution.

Most Nigerian graduates are unemployed with ZERO skill to solve REAL LIFE problems.

It is affecting the nation and people like us who have studied how skill acquisition work abroad cannot afford to keep silent anymore.

Our Polytechnics should be a skill aquisition centers traing students to acquire valuable live skills. Skill training should be regulated by the government.

People will need welders for new gates

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Lifeinlight: 7:01pm On Jan 22
CockPit:

So you mean to tell me if I
I am a tailor and good with it, I wont get customers to sew new clothes. I know how much I pay my tailors. Look at your family members and friends and ask them how much they spent on sewing new clothers inn the past oe months.

Or a mechanic who is not lazy and good with his crafts, peoples car don't break down anymore?

I went to fix brakes and a few other things on my wife's car at the mechanic workshop and was charged $980 at the end of the day for parts and workmanship.

Last week, the rotor on my furnace broke down and I called the furnace technician, I ended up parting with $1000 for a 1 hour work including parts.

My water line froze last week and I called the plumber just take a look. He came and looked around and told me the lines will unfreeze when the furnace starts working and the house is heated up. Just for showing and checking doing anything, I had to pay him $60.

Skill means you have a knowledge to solve a particular problem that most people will have on a regular basis.

Compare that with a linguistic or english graduates who spent 4 years studying and coming out more confused with no REAL LIFE SKILLs to solve REAL LIFE PROBLEMS.

If a skilled person does not succeed, its either he is lazy or totally usurious.

Cars will continue to break down every day requiring mechanics, new houses will be built requiring plumbers and electricians.

people will need gates for all the new houses and require the services of plumbers, new houses will need to be wired needing the services of electricians.

I am an international education consultant and I see a lot of people in the university who have no business there . We have a huge population with zero or little skills and our leaders are not intersested in overhauling the present educational system and introduce a working solution.

Most Nigerian graduates are unemployed with ZERO skill to solve REAL LIFE problems.

It is affecting the nation and people like us who have studied how skill acquisition work abroad cannot afford to keep silent anymore.

Our Polytechnics should be a skill aquisition centers traing students to acquire valuable live skills. Skill training should be regulated by the government.

People will need welders for new gates
My sis for instance has completed learning fashion design but there's no money to get sewing machine. We're not even talking about shop or other items. The poor girl is now teaching earning peanut just to survive. There are many people like that out there. That doesn't make them lazy. The fact that they could learn a skill and got proficient in it means alot. The economy is the cause of almost everything. A sewing machine now is around 140k if not more than. I'm not even referring to designer machine or industrial machine. Just a simple normal butterfly sewing machine. Can an average Nigerian afford that? Does that mean they're lazy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 7:44pm On Jan 22
Nasri100:

I don’t know why you and Lalastiklala are replying that dumb ass BRATISLAVA or whatever the name is on this topic.

It’s clear these are the people that don’t see anything wrong in giving birth to many kids without a plan to raise them. You can’t afford the next meal yet you are giving birth to 5 kids and one idiot doesn’t see anything wrong in this?

I am bored of impacting common sense into these lots. Nigeria will never get better trust me. These people are the majority.

You are stupid. And naive.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 7:45pm On Jan 22
NigeriaIsGreat:
in Nigeria, most poor people have more children than the rich ones. Poverty is synonymous to too many children in Nigeria. You can hardly see a poor man with one or two kids in Nigeria. Even if you want to be wise as a poor man to have less children, your fellow poor people will convince you beyond unreasonable doubt to have more children expecially if you don't have both sex yet. This is a terrible problem in Nigeria.

It's not only people with many children who are poor. shocked
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:
Not all homeless people have mental health issues. There are a lot of single, childless people living in multidimensional poverty.
■ Having many children doesn't determine anything. There are also a lot of people with many children who are middle class and above.
It has been researched and shown to be the primary cause of homelessness among singles in over 68% of states in America. Yes, drug abuse which leads to mental illness is the number one cause of homelessness for singles. Now, then this does not consider those whose cases of mental illness and health problems were not even drug-related. undecided

2. You are making statements against known facts. It impacts the economic status of a family as well as the economic mobility of those children. undecided
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 7:56pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
It has been researched and shown to be the primary cause of homelessness among singles in over 68% of states in America. Yes, drug abuse which leads to mental illness is the number one cause of homelessness for singles. Now, then this does not consider those whose cases of mental illness and health problems were not even drug-related. undecided

2. You are making statements against known facts. It impacts the economic status of a family as well as the economic mobility of those children. undecided

People with children are poor~you are right.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:
■ People with children are poor—you are right.
That was never said nor implied. Rather, what I consider to insist on is what was made clear in research which is that having children in poverty directly impacts the economic mobility of the family and the children themselves. undecided
Studies in the United States have shown that one's economic mobility is greatly impacted by the economic status of the family one is born into.
Economic mobility, the ability to move up or down the economic ladder during one’s lifetime and across generations, is central to the ideal of the American Dream. But recent research finds that there are limitations to mobility in the United States. For example, one study of families across generations finds that one’s economic position is strongly influenced by that of one’s parents: 42 percent of children born to parents in the bottom fifth of the economic distribution remain in the bottom as adults and another 23 percent rise only to the second fifth, while 39 percent of children born to parents at the top of the income distribution remain at the top, with another 23 percent moving to the second fifth.
This paper focuses on the lower end of the earnings spectrum and highlights findings from a working paper commissioned by the National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP). In particular, we report how common it is for children to experience poverty throughout the course of childhood – defined as the years from birth to age 15 – and how that relates to the likelihood that they will be poor in young and middle adulthood. Child poverty and Intergenerational Mobility
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 7:59pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
That was never said nor implied. Rather, what I consider to insist on is what was made clear in research which is that having children in poverty directly impacts the economic mobility of the family and the children themselves. undecided

But they have children and they are poor, so children cause poverty. Isn't that what you and the gnu nasri100 are saying?
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:
■ But they have children and they are poor, so children cause poverty. Isn't that what you and the gnu nasri100 are saying?
Again, Studies in the United States have shown that one's economic mobility is greatly impacted by the economic status of the family one is born into.
Economic mobility, the ability to move up or down the economic ladder during one’s lifetime and across generations, is central to the ideal of the American Dream. But recent research finds that there are limitations to mobility in the United States. For example, one study of families across generations finds that one’s economic position is strongly influenced by that of one’s parents: 42 percent of children born to parents in the bottom fifth of the economic distribution remain in the bottom as adults and another 23 percent rise only to the second fifth, while 39 percent of children born to parents at the top of the income distribution remain at the top, with another 23 percent moving to the second fifth.
This paper focuses on the lower end of the earnings spectrum and highlights findings from a working paper commissioned by the National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP). In particular, we report how common it is for children to experience poverty throughout the course of childhood – defined as the years from birth to age 15 – and how that relates to the likelihood that they will be poor in young and middle adulthood. Child poverty and Intergenerational Mobility
Having children in poverty impacts the family's economic mobility as well as that of the children. undecided
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:04pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:

It's not only people with many children who are poor. shocked
yes you're right, some family with just a child or two are also poor but you wouldn't compare the level of poverty of those with 1 or 2 child to those with six children. Some single persons too are also poor, but at least they do not bring in innocent children to the world to suffer and continue the cycle of POVERTY in their lineage. I believe you know Nigeria is in a sorry state now? Government is the major cause of it, while the masses has their own share. One of the causes of the masses is having children beyond their resources. These children at the end of the day are being put under pressure to take over the responsibility of the family which has led so many of them into crime like Yahoo, robbery, kidnapper, ritualist etc inorder to take care of their family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 8:07pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
Again, Studies in the United States have shown that one's economic mobility is greatly impacted by the economic status of the family one is born into.
Having children in poverty impacts the family's economic mobility as well as that of the children. undecided

Why are you denying what you're saying? Children cause poverty according to you.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Jan 22
NigeriaIsGreat:
■ yes you're right, some family with just a child or two are also poor but you wouldn't compare the level of poverty of those with 1 or 2 child to those with six children. Some single persons too are also poor, but at least they do not bring in innocent children to the world to suffer and continue the cycle of POVERTY in their lineage. I believe you know Nigeria is in a sorry state now? Government is the major cause of it, while the masses has their own share. One of the causes of the masses is having children beyond their resources. These children at the end of the day are being put under pressure to take over the responsibility of the family which has led so many of them into crime like Yahoo, robbery, kidnapper, ritualist etc inorder to take care of their family.
The key is not bringing kids into a poverty situation. It makes no sense for a single person who is barely able to make ends — already in poverty— meet to bring kids into the situation because by doing so, that previously single person essentially initiates what may seem a curse on the lives of those innocent children born into abject poverty. lipsrsealed
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:
■ Why are you denying what you're saying? Children cause poverty according to you.
It seems lying is what you've resorted to in this case. lipsrsealed

Studies in the United States have shown that one's economic mobility is greatly impacted by the economic status of the family one is born into.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 8:12pm On Jan 22
NigeriaIsGreat:
yes you're right, some family with just a child or two are also poor but you wouldn't compare the level of poverty of those with 1 or 2 child to those with six children. Some single persons too are also poor, but at least they do not bring in innocent children to the world to suffer and continue the cycle of POVERTY in their lineage. I believe you know Nigeria is in a sorry state now? Government is the major cause of it, while the masses has their own share. One of the causes of the masses is having children beyond their resources. These children at the end of the day are being put under pressure to take over the responsibility of the family which has led so many of them into crime like Yahoo, robbery, kidnapper, ritualist etc inorder to take care of their family.

You have been fair.

These vices can be found in any type of person. I tend to disagree with it as I know some people with one child who have never seemed to get it right. And I know those with more than 4 children and they're much better off.

There are a host of other factors that determine poverty.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:13pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
The key is not bringing kids into a poverty situation. For example, it makes no sense for a single person who is barely able to make ends meet to bring kids into the situation because by doing so, that previously single person essentially initiates what may seem a curse on the lives of those innocent children born into abject poverty. lipsrsealed
but that is what most average Nigerians does. Once they get a room apartment, they look for a girl to impregnate and start a family. Some even impregnate women while living in their father's house still eating their father's food. They always decieve themselves with the belief that those children might bring furtune or might turnout being great

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 8:13pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
It seems lying is what you've resorted to in this case. lipsrsealed

~Children cause poverty.

Kobo junkie 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:
~Children cause poverty. Kobo junkie 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021
If that is what you get from this here...Studies in the United States have shown that one's economic mobility is greatly impacted by the economic status of the family one is born into.
... then I can't help you. undecided
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Jan 22
NigeriaIsGreat:
■ but that is what most average Nigerians does. Once they get a room apartment, they look for a girl to impregnate and start a family. Some even impregnate women while living in their father's house still eating their father's food. They always decieve themselves with the belief that those children might bring furtune or might turnout being great
I see that as the major reason why poverty continues to multiply each year in Nigeria, in families. It is not simply that the country is hard because even during the times that the situation abated for a while, poverty levels continued to rise. undecided
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:19pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:

You have been fair.

These vices can be found in any type of person. I tend to disagree with it as I know some people with one child who have never seemed to get it right. And I know those with more than 4 children and they're much better off.

There are a host of other factors that determine poverty.
what other factors aside too many children will you attribute as the cause of POVERTY?
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 8:22pm On Jan 22
NigeriaIsGreat:
what other factors aside too many children will you attribute as the cause of POVERTY?

It's not just children that cause poverty.

But if you think it is, that's alright.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 8:24pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
If that is what you get from this here...Studies in the United States have shown that one's economic mobility is greatly impacted by the economic status of the family one is born into.
... then I can't help you. undecided

~Children cause poverty.

Kobo junkie 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021

Interestingly you're also an anti marriage crusader. I understand you may have certain dispositions you may not want to pass on to your children, but to say that children are the cause of poverty, that's a little too much.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jan 22
GRACEGLORY:
■ It’s quite a sad experience, but that ordinance can be rewritten. Sometimes some of us finds ourselves in lineages turn down, downtrodden, cursed, and in abject poverty even before our arrival, some of us may even find ourselves in lineages blessed, merry, and well defended and rich, for some, theirs are in between. We were created for battles, and it’s because of these battles that we’ve been born. The battle may be within our household to change the foundation, it may even be against the nation that we were born in, it may even be to resolve chaos in another country. But one thing is certain, by whom or those were born, the country or race is no mistake. We are all born warriors to destroy what the enemy had done, doing or plans to do. YOU ARE A WARRIOR.
We be born into a family or lineage that bears a curse, all we need to do is switch foundations. These are spiritual truths. For the spiritual controls the physical. There are spiritual foundations. One of the wonderful truths of Scripture is found in...Seek Jesus and you’d be exempted.
1. Stop filling his head with lies! The plain and simple of it is that OP and his brothers were born into a situation that they should not have been born into and that disadvantage seems to have continuously reared its ugly head most every time the brothers have attempted to push past it. undecided

Go out there and you will find millionaires who started out looting factories like OP's brother did. Unfortunately for him, his poor background keeps him from being able to hire a lawyer to handle his case and get him out from behind bars. I am certain some of you will pretend you would not stoop that low to push against poverty. But if you were honest with yourselves, you would at least admit that many of those whom you admire today in your Nigeria probably did worse to get to where they are. undecided

2. What you spew is a spiritual bullsheet! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jan 22
Neptunium:
It's no curse but lack of money. 5 children from 2 parents who don't have the financial means to fend for them.
Simple! undecided
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jan 22
Scholace:
I know it's lack of money majorly but family curse maybe part of it.
There is absolutely no curse on your family at all. Remove that thought completely from your mind and you will see that you and your brothers are simply disadvantaged by your family's status and what you need is financial help, and opportunity to move up. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Nasri100(m): 10:33pm On Jan 22
BRATISLAVA:

Come on tell me the truth. No more blue balls.

What, you did it already? Trapped? 5 kids? Ugly wife? She ain’t even got a job? Damn you don’t got a job too?

Tell me the truth what happened? We are here to help you.

But you finna need a real job cause it ain’t gona be easy especially if you trapped in this hell hole called Nigeriaghanistan. Things are changing. The world is getting harder.

Man You finna pay child support and bills till your hair coming from your follicles turn pink grin

Wish you luck a s s h o l e

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by ogawisdom(m): 5:47am On Jan 23
Nasri100:

I don’t know why you and Lalastiklala are replying that dumb ass BRATISLAVA or whatever the name is on this topic.

It’s clear these are the people that don’t see anything wrong in giving birth to many kids without a plan to raise them. You can’t afford the next meal yet you are giving birth to 5 kids and one idiot doesn’t see anything wrong in this?

I am bored of impacting common sense into these lots. Nigeria will never get better trust me. These people are the majority.

grin grin grin

No matter the size of hammer you use you won't succeed in impacting sense into a pathological fool.

See there is this stupid mentality about having too many children in Africa, they are:

1. Have many children so that if A no make am B or C or D or E or F go make am grin grin grin the poor man believes that having many children increases his chances of breaking free from his generational poverty. If A no marry rich man B go marry rich man is also part of the plans grin

2. Children are retirement plans of their parents angry sad sad. Parents believe that having many children makes it possible for them to enjoy their retirement as all of them will be sending something home monthly including the in laws for the girls grin

You will hear something like I am taking care of you so you will take care for me in old age. It's almost like a contract signed and sealed therefore many parents have no other retirement plans but their poor children earning less than 50k monthly.

I have nothing against giving to your parents even when struggling but parents should have retirement plans and don't depend on their children totally as the load won't allow the children to grow financially.

Parents hand over the welfare of their 6 children to the first born who earns 100k monthly making sure his head will never be above poverty line.

These are the reasons why a poor man believes in having many children and they are in the majority as you pointed out.

Poor people have generational poor mentality, habits, believes and lifestyle that is why it looks like curse because everyone in the family follows same pattern until one person takes a different path to change things.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:10am On Jan 23
BRATISLAVA:

take for instance Mr A earn 50k monthly then gave birth to 6 children. While Mr B earning same 50k has just a kid. Even though both of them are poor, but Mr B can still cater for his only child much better than Mr A with 6 kids

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Scholace: 3:23pm On Jan 23
BRATISLAVA:

at least you have accepted too many children causes poverty right? But your argument now is that it is not only too many children that causes poverty. Of course we know there are other factors that cause poverty.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by marsup: 6:43pm On Jan 23
JaskTime7:
he has been complaining migraine headache, weaknesses and body pain. He hardly sleep at night sometime

I send you a mail
I can't access my mail.
How do I reach you, and how is your dad's health?

2 Likes

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 10:30pm On Jan 23
Scholace:
at least you have accepted too many children causes poverty right? But your argument now is that it is not only too many children that causes poverty. Of course we know there are other factors that cause poverty.
Children cause poverty, whether one or two of them. That's what is constantly pushed here. People are poor because they have children.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 10:31pm On Jan 23
NigeriaIsGreat:
take for instance Mr A earn 50k monthly then gave birth to 6 children. While Mr B earning same 50k has just a kid. Even though both of them are poor, but Mr B can still cater for his only child much better than Mr A with 6 kids

Even if he has one child he will still be poor.

Children are not the cause of poverty.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 10:31pm On Jan 23
Nasri100:

Come on tell me the truth. No more blue balls.

What, you did it already? Trapped? 5 kids? Ugly wife? She ain’t even got a job? Damn you don’t got a job too?

Tell me the truth what happened? We are here to help you.

But you finna need a real job cause it ain’t gona be easy especially if you trapped in this hell hole called Nigeriaghanistan. Things are changing. The world is getting harder.

Man You finna pay child support and bills till your hair coming from your follicles turn pink grin

Wish you luck a s s h o l e

Teenagers like yourselves will post any amount of rubbish they can summon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating / Official Family Section Poster Of The Year 2012 / What Is This World Turning Into? (baby Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.