Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? (3983 Views)

See Why My Mother Cursed Me / My Mother Finally CURSED Me Last Night. I DON'T Give A Bleep!! - TheGidRedpiller / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Nasri100(m): 11:37pm On Jan 23
BRATISLAVA:

You are stupid. And naive.

Teenagers like yourselves will post any amount of rubbish they can summon.

Look man if I said anything rude to you earlier I take it back.

I really have nothing to lose in this fight.

To each his own.

Be safe.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 4:33am On Jan 24
JaskTime7:
my GPA is 4.39/5.0. I studied Geography and regional planning

A good CGPA. I wish I could assist, but I never reach that level yet. My hope is that you see a helper, especially if you have someone abroad who is somehow related to you.

P.S. Don't marry or have children until you are financially stable. Don't let anyone deceive you that marriage or children brings blessings. You and your family are witness to how mendacious that belief is.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 4:37am On Jan 24
JaskTime7:
Yes. It does align with my degree. I guess GRE is required.

Get a teaching job. Find good schools which pay above 70K to teach. Save money from there and plan your way. Seek and pray for helpers who will assist you with paying one or two fees along the way. That is what I did for a schoolmate who had a first class in Chemical Engineering, and is today in Canada. I paid his WES fees.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 4:39am On Jan 24
BRATISLAVA:

Not all homeless people have mental health issues. There are a lot of single, childless people living in multidimensional poverty. Having many children doesn't determine anything.

There are also a lot of people with many children who are middle class and above.

LIES! All over the world, there is a straightforward line between having lots of children and an increased likelihood of poverty. It is dishonest of you to peddle the idea that many children don't lead to increased penury.

So dishonest!

BRATISLAVA:

Why do you people like to act as if having many children is the cause of people who have (financial) problems in life?

What about the people with many children who don't have that problem? Having fewer children is not the solution to lifes problems, so please, stop looking down on and bashing such people.

There are homeless people who have never been married and have no children, living rough on the streets. Which "5 children" do you blame for that happening?

That is entirely untrue. In anywhere in the world, everyone has one problem or the other. But the moment children, let alone FIVE CHILDREN, are added to the mix, the problem has metamorphosed into something else. There are homeless people who don't have children or are unmarried. Do you know what will be their fate once they have children?
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 4:43am On Jan 24
Lifeinlight:
having many children in Nigeria is equal to POVERTY

It is a global phenomenon. In almost every country, the majority of poor people have plenty of children. I watched an episode about a poor family in Switzerland, a mother with four children. Switzerland is one of the world's wealthiest places, where the average number of children is 2. In Japan, most middle class families have two children or just a child. The same applies to Singapore and Big Daddy China. Now, we have someone who comes from a family with FIVE CHILDREN, and someone is lying that the number of children has nothing to do with poverty?

Why do people lie so brazenly on the Internet for crying out loud?!!
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 4:49am On Jan 24
BRATISLAVA:

Even if he has one child he will still be poor.

Children are not the cause of poverty.

Jesus Christ! shocked shocked

No one is saying children are the cause of poverty. But having plenty of children increases the likelihood of being in poverty. That is a phenomenon from Norway to Namibia and Colombia to Cambodia. The more children a family has, the greater the likelihood of being plunged into multidimensional poverty, especially in the world's poverty capital!

This is a universal fact!

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 4:53am On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

Jesus Christ! shocked shocked

No one is saying children are the cause of poverty. But having plenty of children increases the likelihood of being in poverty. That is a phenomenon from Norway to Namibia and Colombia to Cambodia. The more children a family has, the greater the likelihood of being plunged into multidimensional poverty, especially in the world's poverty capital!

This is a universal fact!

On the forum having children is seen as the cause of poverty. Any time a person complains of financial difficulties they're always accused of having too many children or their parents are accused of it. But people without children are poor. Yet it always gets back to having children.

There are some problems deeper than having children. How can it always be because they have children they are having financial issues?
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by PoliteActivist: 5:00am On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

It is a global phenomenon. In almost every country, the majority of poor people have plenty of children. I watched an episode about a poor family in Switzerland, a mother with four children. Switzerland is one of the world's wealthiest places, where the average number of children is 2. In Japan, most middle class families have two children or just a child. The same applies to Singapore and Big Daddy China. Now, we have someone who comes from a family with FIVE CHILDREN, and someone is lying that the number of children has nothing to do with poverty?

Why do people lie so brazenly on the Internet for crying out loud?!!

*Politeness*
I don't know what the statistics are, but I can tell you, on an individual basis, life is NOT 1+1=2. The human potential is almost unlimited. If a human being has a compelling reason, there's almost nothing he can't do. And there's nothing as motivating as badly wanting something for your child. BUT people should NOT in anyway be encourage to have children they can't comfortably take care of.

BRATISLAVA:

On the forum having children is seen as the cause of poverty. Any time a person complains of financial difficulties they're always accused of having too many children or their parents are accused of it. But people without children are poor. Yet it always gets back to having children.

There are some problems deeper than having children. How can it always be because they have children they are having financial issues?

Kobojunkie:
Human potential! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because in a structured society where people earn wages per hour, you can only work so many hours, meaning you can only earn so much. The less people you have to share what you make, the more you can spend on each person, generally speaking

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Jan 24
Human potential! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 6:44am On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

LIES! All over the world, there is a straightforward line between having lots of children and an increased likelihood of poverty. It is dishonest of you to peddle the idea that many children don't lead to increased penury.

So dishonest!

That is entirely untrue. In anywhere in the world, everyone has one problem or the other. But the moment children, let alone FIVE CHILDREN, are added to the mix, the problem has metamorphosed into something else. There are homeless people who don't have children or are unmarried. Do you know what will be their fate once they have children?

But they are homeless without children and poor without children, so how are children the cause of it?

That's the dishonesty here.

Having children doesn't determine anything. There will always be poor people, just as there are only a few billionaires. People will not put their lives on hold because of ideals that can never be the rule.

That aside, the OP needs your help. Thank you.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 6:59am On Jan 24
Nasri100:

Look man if I said anything rude to you earlier I take it back.

I really have nothing to lose in this fight.

To each his own.

Be safe.

What fight?

Is that why you came out with being rude insults, because this is a fight to you in which your opinion is that of the very heavens and the most superior?

Live and learn.

You see some of those people who are poor with many children? They were once rich. And you see those with one child who are rich? They were once poor.

Nothing is written in stone.

I still hold what I said about you. Anyone who insults unprovoked has deep issues.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Scholace: 7:54am On Jan 24
BRATISLAVA:

Children cause poverty, whether one or two of them. That's what is constantly pushed here. People are poor because they have children.
you're getting it wrong
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Nasri100(m): 8:17am On Jan 24
BRATISLAVA:

What fight?

Is that why you came out with being rude insults, because this is a fight to you in which your opinion is that of the very heavens and the most superior?

Live and learn.

You see some of those people who are poor with many children? They were once rich. And you see those with one child who are rich? They were once poor.

I still hold what I said about you. Anyone who insults unprovoked has deep issues.

Haha No the fight I was talkin about is the “poverty mentality” you are accustomed to.

That is why Nigeria is the second poverty capital of the world. That is why the country is not progressing. All your delusions are taking you no where.

I am sure you already made the mistake and come here to find a fellow misery candidate as you but all you are getting are enlightened people.

I beg you all reading this don’t follow retarded people like this guy above.

Your country Nigeria is a hard place. Your country does not respect you. Your country does not care about you. Your country is facing multidimensional poverty.

Right from inception your country doesn’t even value the basic of jobs. That is why minimum wage is low. That is why a cleaner in the UK can afford to pay rent and feed but it’s the opposite in Nigeria. What I mean is WHEN THE going gets tough in life, you can’t even flip burgers at Wendy’s or KFC out of your predicament.

Your country is anti people. Stomach infrastructure is still a big deal in Naija in 2024.

Your salary job won’t cut the mustard. Inflation is killing your currency.

Please try as much as possible to find a way to earn a lot of money and settle with a partner that is also doing the same. Then when it comes to kids make a plan. Kids are expensive. I am talkin about the right way of raising a kid not the suffering upbringing yall are accustomed to in Naija and think it’s normal.

Use your sense. Naija no send you. You will suffer if you are not careful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Lifeinlight: 3:53pm On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

Get a teaching job. Find good schools which pay above 70K to teach. Save money from there and plan your way. Seek and pray for helpers who will assist you with paying one or two fees along the way. That is what I did for a schoolmate who had a first class in Chemical Engineering, and is today in Canada. I paid his WES fees.

Teaching job is slavery in Nigeria. Only few private school pays such amount to their teachers which is hard to come by. A job with fairly reasonable pay is better and would have helped ease the burden a little.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Lifeinlight: 4:03pm On Jan 24
BRATISLAVA:

What fight?

Live and learn.

[b]You see some of those people who are poor with many children? They were once rich. [/b]And you see those with one child who are rich? They were once poor.

This is very rare and not too common. If you read OP post then you will know the poverty in his family is from the beginning. It is better not to have a child as a poor person than having a child or children to suffer.

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Jan 24
Lifeinlight:
This is very rare and not too common. If you read OP post then you will know the poverty in his family is from the beginning. It is better not to have a child as a poor person than having a child or children to suffer.
Simple! It is easier for a lone poor man to raise himself out of poverty than for the same to think he can do so after taking on several other dependents of his own. For example, a homeless man only needs get himself a good paying job and carefully manage his money to raise himself out of poverty. It is so many times harder for the same man to do so after he has first taken on dependents --- wife and children for instance--- all while shackled in poverty. undecided

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by JaskTime7: 5:50pm On Jan 24
marsup:

I can't access my mail.
How do I reach you, and how is your dad's health?
this is my number, 09123984676. He has been taking herbs. We pray for improvement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by JaskTime7: 5:51pm On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

A good CGPA. I wish I could assist, but I never reach that level yet. My hope is that you see a helper, especially if you have someone abroad who is somehow related to you.

P.S. Don't marry or have children until you are financially stable. Don't let anyone deceive you that marriage or children brings blessings. You and your family are witness to how mendacious that belief is.
Thank you so much.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by marsup: 6:03pm On Jan 24
JaskTime7:
this is my number, 09123984676. He has been taking herbs. We pray for improvement.
Okay.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Villa12(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

LoL, which teaching job pay 70k for this country? Which location?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Lamanii22(f): 10:21pm On Jan 24
JaskTime7:
Good day all..

Trust we're all doing great?

I am from a nuclear family of seven, five children and my two parents. I and my siblings grew up in Lagos. My dad is a land surveyor while my mum a petty trader. We all attended public school in Lagos (elementary and high school) I'm the third child of 5 children. I and my elder siblings had to hawk immediately we returned back from school before we could eat. Including my mum. My dad wasn't getting job but we had to survive. We were a laughing stock then in our neighborhood. We later advised our mum to put her goods in bag instead of tray, then supply to her customers. We were selling quick oat, butter, toothpaste et al. We got the goods on credit through someone and pay back after sales. We realized the profit wasn't sustainable, then we consider alternative means. We hawk during weekdays and wash cars and motorcycle weekend. With that we were able to pay our accommodation fee (a single room), put food on our table to some extent and other miscellaneous fee.

We've been on this for years. The landlord later gave us quit notice having realized we could no longer put up with the accommodation fee. My family moved into a friend's house. He lived in a room and palor. He gave us a room to live while him and his family lived in the other room. We were able to raised money after two years and rented an apartment (a single room) then moved in

My eldest brother (first child) was hit by a car when he was washing a customer's bike, he was rushed to a nearby hospital but we eventually lost him. We had to stopped the work because of that particular iccident. After several months of searching, i and my elder brother were able to get a factory work. I had plan of saving all my money with the hope of furthering my education, but family responsibility wouldn't allow me save. I later had a change of mind going to police academy, from my research, it was a free school and one would be absorbed as an ASP officer, that's automatic employment. I sat for jamb and the school post jamb at police college Ikeja, Lagos. I was shortlisted for final screening at wudil Kano. Unfortunately, i couldn't make it. I don't have much money to get the needed materials and transportation fee. It was a sad experience for me.

I continued working, but this time around, i wasn't supporting the family with all my money. I had some savings. My supervisor advised me to further my education. He claimed i can't continue this job throughout my lifetime. I took jamb the following year and got admission. I bought bike (motorcycle) with the little savings i had after paying my tuition fee and other necessity. I gave out the bike as Higher purchase. The bike man delivered six thousand naira weekly until the bike become his. I didn't get accommodation in school because i couldn't afford it. I was squatting with friends. My elder brother enrol for part time program. During holiday i often rushed down home to find something doing that could fetch me some money.

I realized my elder brother was stealing company's goods with his friends. I gave him serious warning to stop that but he wouldn't listen. I was forced to tell my parents but he denied it. I was in school when my younger brother called me that my elder brother has been arrested with his friends. After the investigation, police demanded for a million naira before he would be released. I learnt the company management has let go the case. My elder brother has been behind bar for more than 7 years now without a way out. We can't say if he's alive or dead. I saw one of his friends mid last year, and he told me most of his friends had been released having met the condition of the police officers. I'm done with school but couldn't secure a job. I've gotten to the final stage of some organization, I've done medical test but i wasn't called up. My younger brother has finished his high school since 2019 but couldn't further his education. He's very talented in playing football. My little sister finished her high school last year and the little girl was asking if she could take jamb. My dad has been seriously ill for some days now but no means of getting him drugs nor taking him to the hospital. I fear for my dad at this moment. My family struggled daily before we could have a square meal. My mum has prayed, cried, fasted nothing changes. She was saying it could be a family course. My family is gradually going into extinction.

Why not post your story on twitter as well, you may get help maybe a job help, I’m really sorry about everything you are going through, the lord will send you help soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 12:48am On Jan 25
Lifeinlight:
Teaching job is slavery in Nigeria. Only few private school pays such amount to their teachers which is hard to come by. A job with fairly reasonable pay is better and would have helped ease the burden a little.

If getting those jobs are easy, why has OP not gotten one? Teaching jobs are the easiest to get, especially with a high grade. He has to start from somewhere. You get work for am?

Villa12:
LoL, which teaching job pay 70k for this country? Which location?

In Lagos, Abuja and Port-harcourt. In fact, the person I referenced was not in any of those places, but earned 63K per month and had accommodation included. The snag here is that OP's course isn't in great demand as my friend (he taught maths and further mathematics). To counter that, OP should take on more than one subject and, if possible, three sef to ensure his salary gets to 70K.

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Villa12(m): 6:47am On Jan 25
Gerrard59:

If getting those jobs are easy, why has OP not gotten one? Teaching jobs are the easiest to get, especially with a high grade. He has to start from somewhere. You get work for am?

In Lagos, Abuja and Port-harcourt. In fact, the person I referenced was not in any of those places, but earned 63K per month and had accommodation included. The snag here is that OP's course isn't in great demand as my friend (he taught maths and further mathematics). To counter that, OP should take on more than one subject and, if possible, three sef to ensure his salary gets to 70K.
even in Lagos, most private school doesn't pay much. I know some school even pay 500k if possible but hard to come by. Your location will determine. I know schools on island might be paying around that amount 70k above. Only few schools on mainland pay such.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Scholace: 11:41am On Jan 25
Lamanii22:

Why not post your story on twitter as well, you may get help maybe a job help, I’m really sorry about everything you are going through, the lord will send you help soon
i think only influencers can do that though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Lifeinlight: 4:55pm On Jan 25
Gerrard59:

[b]
If getting those jobs are easy, why has OP not gotten one? [/b]Teaching jobs are the easiest to get, especially with a high grade. He has to start from somewhere. You get work for am?

i know it's not easy to get likewise the 70k teaching job. Unless a government school which is even more difficult to get. Only big private school pay reasonably and i don't think OP reside in the location where big private schools are domicile.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by Gerrard59(m): 1:00am On Jan 26
Lifeinlight:
i know it's not easy to get likewise the 70k teaching job. Unless a government school which is even more difficult to get. Only big private school pay reasonably and i don't think OP reside in the location where big private schools are domicile.

The problem is his course, not his location. If he had such a grade in Mathematics or Physics or even Chemistry, OP would not have issues with unemployment or even underemployment. He can even organise math classes for students without being attached to a school. I have schoolmates who live OK lives as teachers because they studied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics etc. They are not rich, fine. But they will never lack jobs or what to eat. Work dey always dey for them.

Globally, those who studied numerical courses get jobs quickly and/or high paying jobs before their non-numerical counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:31am On Jan 26
BRATISLAVA:

Even if he has one child he will still be poor.

Children are not the cause of poverty.
The level of poverty with just a child will be minimal compare to that of five, six children. They will only be bothered on how to feed one mouth, but the other one will be bothered on how to feed half a dozen mouth.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 3:39am On Jan 26
Gerrard59:

The best for OP if he can get someone to help him is to apply to US for MS, he has a good GPA. Another option is to get a job through referral. I believe most jobs are gotten through that. Or a business if he could get a capital. I wish i was in a position to help or have the means of helping.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 5:19am On Jan 26
NigeriaIsGreat:
The level of poverty with just a child will be minimal compare to that of five, six children. They will only be bothered on how to feed one mouth, but the other one will be bothered on how to feed half a dozen mouth.

They will still be bothered, because they are still poor people whether with one or with six children. Even if they were alone they would still be bothered.

Children are not the cause of poverty. Poverty has different causes. And children have nothing to do with it.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:02am On Jan 26
BRATISLAVA:

They will still be bothered, because they are still poor people whether with one or with six children. Even if they were alone they would still be bothered.

Children are not the cause of poverty. Poverty has different causes. And children have nothing to do with it.
being alone as a poor person is better than bringing in children to poverty. At least you don't have to worry how the children will feed. You only focus on yourself.
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by BRATISLAVA: 6:06am On Jan 26
NigeriaIsGreat:
being alone as a poor person is better than bringing in children to poverty. At least you don't have to worry how the children will feed. You only focus on yourself.

But it is not children that cause poverty the way it's being pushed here.

Once a person has financial problems, they will always shift it to how many children or siblings they have. That is not what determines poverty. There will always be poor people for different reasons.

Jackie Chan, a considerably rich man, had a daughter who was living on the streets. Which child caused that?
Re: Is My Family Truly Cursed Or Not? by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:11am On Jan 26
BRATISLAVA:

But it is not children that cause poverty the way it's being pushed here.

Once a person has financial problems, they will always shift it to how many children or siblings they have. That is not what determines poverty. There will always be poor people for different reasons.

Jackie Chan, a considerably rich man, had a daughter who was living on the streets. Which child caused that?
i get you. Who poor don poor. Even if he has just a child or none. We have families with one child that are still suffering in Nigeria. We have single persons that are also suffering. I believe OP is single and he's poor. I understand he's suffering from the consequences of his parents

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor In USA Abandon Family,rushed Down To His Village To Farm. / Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating / Official Family Section Poster Of The Year 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.