Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

"UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" (20518 Views)

I Got Sacked After Asking For My Four Month Salary. / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by ericmor: 9:32am On Jan 23
inoki247:
Lol shebi na ur Boss in UK give them since in UK everything is perfect...

I'm sure it this is a Nigeria boss asking for this the kain curse wey go full this thread....

How are you sure the boss is not even a Nigerian? Nigerians have their own businesses over there also. Anyway, I want to believe the boss is only asking for the person to provide an lindk account and not necessarily the one he/she uses personally for business
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by ericmor: 9:38am On Jan 23
geoworldedu:

No autocorrect in the whole world will change "tomorrow" to "tommorow". Such is an auto-incorrect.

The manner you guys approached the guy who made the error was very bad. You shouldn't assume that everybody knows everything or every basic rule of another man's language, so you have to gently correct them and watch them do the right things. Nobody knows it all.

I know it all is most Nigerians problem and jump on anything like they know it all. Just to correct someone and move, na to dey attack dem go dey attack and insult, one of the reasons why we are where we are today. We form muscle on unnecessary things

1 Like

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by ericmor: 9:48am On Jan 23
casualobserver:

1. Firstly it is “use” not “uses” e.g he uses, they use, "people" is plural so it is followed by "use" not "uses" which is for singular.
2. I agree there are many people in the UK and the US with poor English but the kind of people you are referring to are not applying to go to universities.

It is the British language, they speak it as it is why the educated among them use more grammar fluently. Me no dey follow drag English but I use it when needed, the main thing is for me to archive my goal as at the time. It is good to make correction for education purpose but do it amicably.
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by TheGift: 10:08am On Jan 23
Vacora:

This!! Applauding your comment.

Thank you.
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by kogevaw720: 10:55am On Jan 23
mrrandomguy:

just sharply open a new LinkedIn account, and do what is necessary and then hand that over. Or better still, find someone with an old linkedIn account and buy from them, change the details then voilaaa. u good to go.

Mind u start looking for another job ... PEACE
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by freenature: 1:30pm On Jan 25
mrrandomguy:

It's simple they should provide new email details for a new LinkedIn account using the new details and also seek a labour lawyer advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DeaDear 2017 pre-selected applicants, Having issues with generating a OTP. / Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / Top 10 Core Questions You MUST Ask In A Job Interview To Land Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.