Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

"UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" (20487 Views)

I Got Sacked After Asking For My Four Month Salary. / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by broadman20: 12:12pm On Jan 22
casualobserver:

Tommorow they will get annoyed when foreign universities ask them to take English proficiency tests.

How many people in the UK's and US uses it correctly?

That stuff is for money making purposes please.

I'm not defending anybody though!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by SavageMaster: 12:12pm On Jan 22
mrrandomguy:

This is wrong on all levels.

Ask him to create the new official LinkedIn account himself.

Then, go to your old LinkedIn account and make a post telling people that from now on, if they wish to discuss anything with you relating to the company, they should make use of the official LinkedIn account.

I hope what I just said makes sense.

Even if he feels his employees are doing something behind his back, he has absolutely no right to ask for your password.

7 Likes

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by stagger: 12:13pm On Jan 22
It is unethical for your employer to make such a request. There are very active privacy laws in Europe and your employer can be in very hot soup if you report him to the authorities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by ungara17: 12:17pm On Jan 22
Just open another LinkedIn account and replace it before giving him the password of the new one.
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Front0lane: 12:20pm On Jan 22
You mumu never do

mrrandomguy:

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by casualobserver: 12:23pm On Jan 22
broadman20:

How many people in the UK's and US uses it correctly?

That stuff is for money making purposes please.

I'm not defending anybody though!

1. Firstly it is “use” not “uses” e.g he uses, they use, "people" is plural so it is followed by "use" not "uses" which is for singular.
2. I agree there are many people in the UK and the US with poor English but the kind of people you are referring to are not applying to go to universities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Firstcitizen: 12:27pm On Jan 22
If this is not on your contract,quickly join a union. It is easy to do online then report them and let the Union chase them, then resign and make a claim.

1 Like

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Love800(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22
What do u do actually in the farm. Weeding?
I want to be ur colleague.
Benediction99:
Please, if you’re in Ondo state and have any farm work to be done, hire me, I will do it perfectly. I have younger ones to cater for . Thank you.
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by o123456789(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22
Just quit that job!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by HRMK: 12:42pm On Jan 22
consult a lawyer well experienced in such things!

1 Like

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by o123456789(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22
Gadafii:
remotely??
This is a scammer, you will be used as a front man...And you will be the one to be arrested if anything goes wrong, be cautious of remote job offers!!!

3 Likes

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by optimusprime2(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22
mrrandomguy:

Create another LinkedIn profile with censored info and give it to them no worries...
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by GloriousGbola: 12:54pm On Jan 22
mrrandomguy:

stop farming for clicks

the uk and EU take privacy far too seriously for this

if you want to make up a silly story, then use my 'nigerian employer'

shame on the mod who pushed this nonsnse to FP

2 Likes

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by smiliyB(f): 12:54pm On Jan 22
SmartPolician:

I don't know the number of times we have to teach people that Am cannot start a sentence if it's not a question. Use I am or I'm
Very annoying undecided
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by femi4: 12:57pm On Jan 22
mrrandomguy:

The mistake you made is using your personal account for official purpose. The way out is for the company to have a separate page for the hr department, that way, there will be continuity even if you are no longer in charge
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by femi4: 1:00pm On Jan 22
morgan2pp:

Am interested in the job.

I just sent you a mail
That's why your cv got dumped in the trash can. You don't start a sentence with AM.....Everything no be village people's fault

3 Likes

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by MeineMutter: 1:07pm On Jan 22
Are you sure you are dealing with a real company or some sets of fr.audsters?

1 Like

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Goldbw122(m): 1:17pm On Jan 22
They want to hack you easy as said..
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Lanre1st(m): 1:19pm On Jan 22
G guy @ work
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by greypencils: 1:30pm On Jan 22
mrrandomguy:

You have forgotten your password. You would have to open another account.

1 Like

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by cobby14(m): 1:30pm On Jan 22
Your linked In password = email access = personal data and transactions=you crying now.

3 Likes

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22
Scam, be careful
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by FireUpNow(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22
Your employer has no right whatsoever to ask for your confidentiality. I will suggest that you create a new LinkedIn account and tell them that the old one was hacked so you cannot access it again

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Dididrumz(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22
SmartPolician:

I don't know the number of times we have to teach people that Am cannot start a sentence if it's not a question. Use I am or I'm

E tire me.
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by Bosman17: 1:56pm On Jan 22
That’s a scam…
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by geoworldedu: 1:57pm On Jan 22
casualobserver:

Tommorow they will get annoyed when foreign universities ask them to take English proficiency tests.

"Am" cannot be used without "I". It either goes before "I" in a question or after in a sentence.
Same as the word "Tommorow" does not exist, rather what we have is "Tomorrow".
It's like everyone needs these English proficiency tests afterall. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by zrocky: 2:05pm On Jan 22
casualobserver:

"Am" cannot be used without "I". It either goes before "I" in a question or after in a sentence.
you think those foreigners speak better than us. Make una the calm down. No body cares, the English exam you write is just a way to make money of you.
Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by casualobserver: 2:09pm On Jan 22
geoworldedu:

Same as the word "Tommorow" does not exist, rather what we have is "Tomorrow".
It's like everyone needs these English proficiency tests afterall. grin

That was a spelling typo. There is a difference between a typo and a basic lack of understanding of English grammar.

You can make a typing error punctuation error syntax error etc, especially in an informal context. But you don’t don’t say “people uses” or start a sentence with “am” if you are proficient in basic English grammar.

If you look at the person I quoted he misused an apostrophe. I didn’t highlight that because it can happen especially when typing on a phone or autocorrect. You know someone who lacks basic foundational grounding in English and someone who made a typo.

No one who is properly educated starts a sentence with “am” or says “people uses”. These are not typos, this is how they speak.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "UK Employer Asking For My Linkedin Password" by viodemus: 2:11pm On Jan 22
don't do it.

No surprise say na one chance dem wan do you so. Dem wan do data mining. They probably sense your desperation or dey enticed with the way you package them during interview. E fit be say, dem dey worry say you dey do 419. Regardless, they don't have the right to ask you that. Next thing, na impersonation with AI, using your likeness, through a credible site like linked in.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Best Way To Prepare For Tony Elumelu Foundation Competition / Things You Should Not Say In A Job Interview / BGS Mgt Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.