Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,181 members, 7,829,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President (27230 Views)

Princess Owowoh Graduates In UK As First Female Officer Cadet From Nigeria / Margaret Oguntala Profile: Investiture Of 1st Female President Of NSE / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by iwaeda: 10:46am On Jan 21
onuman:

Congratulations. But mtchew disappointed with your first demand of grade 9 from government for engineers. In other climes, Engineers contribute a lot to the vaults of governnent.
Typical Nigerian Engineer. Engineer for sitting in government office whiling away time as you wait for the salart pay day from government.

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by Successlane: 11:13am On Jan 21
The real SLAY QUEEN.

A real role model
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by whitestar01(m): 12:08pm On Jan 21
femi4:
You don't even know the difference between engineer and artisan. I don't like calling people illiterate again on this platform
As a professional Engineer, what has she invented?
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by femi4: 12:21pm On Jan 21
whitestar01:
As a professional Engineer, what has she invented?
There is more to engineering than invention.

I m sure that she's operating in one of the below

Engineers apply scientific principles to analyze, design, invent, code, build, and create to solve all sorts of problems and make the world a better place.
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by Lumarstone: 3:46pm On Jan 21
Engr Dave UMAIH will like this woman.

I left..!
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by Fujiyama: 4:07am On Jan 22
femi4:
There is more to engineering than invention.

I m sure that she's operating in one of the below

Engineers apply scientific principles to analyze, design, invent, code, build, and create to solve all sorts of problems and make the world a better place.

^^^
OK.

Then it should be fairly easy to list her contributions to the field...
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by Fujiyama: 4:57am On Jan 22
Focusmind:
She is not a technician......she is a professional Engineer, with many designs and supervisory roles under her belt. undecided

^^^
It would be good to provide more info on these designs and supervisory roles. Her profile/citation is remarkably short on her specific contributions to the practice of engineering in Nigeria. undecided

The NSE needs to break out of the prison yard it has found itself in this country and take its proper place at the table where decisions are made. What remains to be seen is if the new NSE president can lead that battle from the front.

To use an illustration that most people can identify with: how could Babatunde Raji Fashola (a lawyer with no formal training or experience in engineering practice) become federal minister of works? undecided How many times has an engineer been made Nigeria's minister of justice - and does anyone think the NBA and the Bench would ever allow that to happen? undecided

To use another example: for several decades, ICAN certified accountants 'colonized' the position of CBN governor. That stranglehold was broken only in the last 2 decades but ICAN members still continue to wield outsized influence in Nigeria's financial landscape to this day. The Nigerian Society of Engineers simply does not have anything even remotely close to that sort of clout in engineering practice (both public and private sector) in this country. That has to change and it needs to change now. The big question is this: can an Engr. Oguntala led NSE catalyze that long awaited change?

1 Like

Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by femi4: 7:22am On Jan 22
Fujiyama:

^^^
OK.

Then it should be fairly easy to list her contributions to the field...
Go n look into her biography
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by Fujiyama: 9:51am On Jan 22
femi4:
Go n look into her biography

^^^
grin

You clearly weren't expecting to be called out on your assertion about her area of operation.
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by shonepa(m): 10:26am On Jan 22
There is a thing line btw bravery and stupidity, i only gave an example of the obvious.

No be Engineer be all of them? Tell me the one wey u fit beat chest and say they have done an outstanding job?

Just becos u get something to write no mean say make u write am.

But should i be surprised?

siant:
Is it only in construction you have an engineer?
There are different areas of engineering.
Civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, petrochemical engineering, Information Technology and so on.

Ignorant makes loud comment.
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by femi4: 12:44pm On Jan 22
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

You clearly weren't expecting to be called out on your assertion about her area of operation.
call out ke?....This is internet age, go to LinkedIn or wiki for such info. I am not here to spoon feed you
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by siant: 2:39pm On Jan 22
shonepa:
There is a thing line btw bravery and stupidity, i only gave an example of the obvious.

No be Engineer be all of them? Tell me the one wey u fit beat chest and say they have done an outstanding job?

Just becos u get something to write no mean say make u write am.

But should i be surprised?

Trash
Re: Margaret Aina Oguntala Becomes Society Of Engineers First Female President by shonepa(m): 11:35pm On Jan 22
One man's trash is anoda man's treasure.

Common sense.

siant:
Trash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

190 Policemen Abscond From Counter-insurgency Training / It Is A Fallacy That No Knowledge Is a Wasted one / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.