Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,853 members, 7,862,790 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

What Will U Ask Lazarus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will U Ask Lazarus? (730 Views)

The Chosen Church And The Failed Miracle Ala Lazarus / The double standard displayed By Past. Lazarus Mouka's Lord's Chosen Ministry / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will U Ask Lazarus? by plappville(f): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2011
The bible told us that Lazarus of Bethany a friend of Jesus was dead for 4 day.
Before Jesus raised him up from the dead. (John 11:41-43)

I was wondring why there was nothing mentioned about what Lazarus saw during this 4 days afterlife.
Of course, His family and friends must have learned something about his journey to heaven and back, If u were to be Lazarus's friend or family, what would u ve asked him? The bible is silent about what he saw.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by Sweetnecta: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2011
^Hey woman. Long time. Everything alright? How is your family? Best wishes.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by plappville(f): 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
@Sweetnecta, am doing well thanks, I strongly believe u're cool too.
School resumed here last week, this ve kept me busy abit lols. Thanks for checking me out.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2011
These are the words of Jesus or is it Abraham.
""'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"" (Luke 16:30-31).
Do you believe that? There's nothing like God's Word, no stories and fables. There's a reason Lazarus was a good friend of Jesus(show me your friend, i'll tell you who you who are). I find it unfortunate the way people run after such, even supposedly serious christians. All these selling books, making vcds, organising story vigils, and starting a 'ministry'. Lazarus did not do all that flesh stuff. Jesus saves, not stories. Stories can scare you, or make you cry or change your mood, depends on the storyteller. The Word of God does better, it is quick, powerful, piercing, discerning, saving and changing.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
plappville:

The bible told us that Lazarus of Bethany a friend of Jesus was dead for 4 day.
Before Jesus raised him up from the dead. (John 11:41-43)

I was wondring why there was nothing mentioned about what Lazarus saw during this 4 days afterlife.
Of course, His family and friends must have learned something about his journey to heaven and back, If u were to be Lazarus's friend or family, what would u ve asked him? The bible is silent about what he saw.

Because my sister , unlike all the current sensationalism we see everywhere nowadays called 'returned from the dead' and 'I saw hell or heaven' stories ( some might be true ) this particular issue was not considered important to include in the bible.

Even Paul went to the third heaven in a vision and did not reveal all the details but rather said, " Eye has not see, Ear has not heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those who Love him ".

But truthfully I would have wanted to know from Lazarus what Paradise looked like undecided
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by Joagbaje(m): 4:04am On Nov 07, 2011
plappville:

Deuteronomy 29:29
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 07, 2011
frosbel:

Because my sister , unlike all the current sensationalism we see everywhere nowadays called 'returned from the dead' and 'I saw hell or heaven' stories ( some might be true ) this particular issue was not considered important to include in the bible.

Even Paul went to the third heaven in a vision and did not reveal all the details but rather said, " Eye has not see, Ear has not heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those who Love him ".

But truthfully I would have wanted to know from Lazarus what Paradise looked like undecided

Why don't folk read their bibles?
Why do people (even pastors in sermons) keep saying Paul was the one that saw the 3rd heaven?

If y'all actually read that chapter you'll see he's actually talking about the accounts of SOMEONe ELSE i.e "a man was reported to go to the 3rd heaven, whether it is truth or not, God knows, . . . etc" He never said HE did.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by Joagbaje(m): 7:48am On Nov 07, 2011
2buff:

Why don't folk read their bibles?
Why do people (even pastors in sermons) keep saying Paul was the one that saw the 3rd heaven?

If y'all actually read that chapter you'll see he's actually talking about the accounts of SOMEONe ELSE i.e "a man was reported to go to the 3rd heaven, whether it is truth or not, God knows, . . . etc" He never said HE did.

He was being humble in his presentation of his heavenly experience . so he used a Third Person construction.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by plappville(f): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

Deuteronomy 29:29
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,

I strongly believe there was a secret behind him not revealing what he had seen, In fact, his death and resurrection was all for the glory of God. This brought repentace, Fear in the hearts of the priests, Joy in the hearts of family and friends who Gave glory to God, This is the resurraction for today.

Imagine what he felt. He was in grave, and he heard the voice of God, all the way in the grave and Christ brought him back in an instant, in a flash. Jesus knew the power of God, and those around saw that power, as the Lord, with a loud voice said, ""Lazarus, come forth."" Waooh,  And the same voice calls us to come forth today.

The same voice says, "" I am the resurrection. If you believe in Me you will have eternal life."" We must believe. We must understand. We must also live according to the way Christ is, and then we will understand what it means to be a Christian. resurraction for us is now not later.

I said to myself, if i was his friend/family, i will asked him to discrib how lovely and beautiful heaven is, unimaginable place.
Re: What Will U Ask Lazarus? by plappville(f): 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2011
frosbel:

So, how can u know the true ones? In the case of Lazarus raised by Jesus himself, nothing was said about heaven, neither is it writen in the bible that one can die and come back to tell people how Heaven looks like, as we hear today here and then.

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
This means that, stories of dead people who claim they see heaven is undecided
Like that of Evangelist Renart Bonnke with the dead Nigeria man that claimed he saw Heaven etc.

(1) (Reply)

Get Paid $70 Per Correct Answer To A Bible Quiz Every Week! / Kissing The Face Of God / The Agape Concert 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.