Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,255 members, 7,811,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

"Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage (43293 Views)

Pastor Adeboye's Unusual Prophecy Sparks Online Frenzy / Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Angelfrost(m): 9:59am On Jan 21
anslemarinze52:

Look at yourself...... You'll be the one that'll beg for food.. AMEN.

Lol... It doesn't work that way. grin

If you are truly a Christian, you would know the Scriptures clearly state God doesn't answer such prayers.

If you pray for God to bless the works of your hands so that by your success, other less successful people will receive blessings, that makes more sense...

...And that's exactly what the clergyman prayed up there.

That storm you guys are brewing in your teacups will do you no good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by amnesty7: 10:00am On Jan 21
seunmsg:
I watched the video and felt pity for everyone that attended the event. Both the man saying the nonsense prayer (Adeboye) and the congregation chorusing amen all looked so stupid.
May your days be long!
He could not see the Ibadan disaster and warn people beforehand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Negroid001(m): 10:00am On Jan 21
dejavubobo1:

Same as "this government will favour me and family"
Like the person and his family will function alone and not interact with the larger society whom the government doesn't favour. Our problem is greed and we lack sincerity

If na only one family e dey better for, how the whole country wan progress?
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Lanre1st(m): 10:01am On Jan 21
Tommydare:
If that is not how it was, tell us how it happened.

O boy! There are a lot of fables we accept from these white religion. Ok If all Yoruba originate from Ife how come they end up speaking different diallets to extend that Osun will not understand Ijebu, or Ondo diallets find it difficult to understand Ekiti. And it applicable to Igbo, Hausa and every other languages. See language keep changing as people are resettled in another location, we just hardly observe, not until we build story building to sky.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Felix6: 10:02am On Jan 21
thaoriginator:
sad

E be like Black Man eyes don dey open back once again :o8)

Africa must wake up!!!

Open up your third eyes sons of Jacob πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

All these nonsense beliefs have to stop πŸ›‘
Na very black dark man raised this dust first.
Guy man don dey match many toes.
This kind Adeboye no go play with anything wey go affect osusu. Him fit drop 50m for a hit on VDM.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by spencekat(m): 10:02am On Jan 21
Many won't understand.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:03am On Jan 21
Angelfrost:

Wish others what exactly?!!

Poverty and Wealth don't happen by wishes, else there would be no beggars in the world today.

If you look more closely, the clergyman is praying that his congregants succeed to the point that those who lack or have needs will come to them.

People are blessed to become channels of blessings to others.

That doesn't mean every wealthy person prays daily for others to be poor and miserable.

It is always easy to misconstrue harmless statements when you have bias towards someone.

Saying colleagues will come beg is the reason why many are not happy. Maybe the prayer should have been put on a different way
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by pek(m): 10:04am On Jan 21
Angelfrost:

Yeah... A bigger fool is the imbecilic clown fishing for a fight where there is none.

This is a good day to get a life. cool
You are already fighting
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Angelfrost(m): 10:06am On Jan 21
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Saying colleagues will come beg is the reason why many are not happy. Maybe the prayer should have been put on a different way

I totally agree there... They should have kept it simple by using "less privileged people" or just "people".

Choice of words truly matters in these sensitive times.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by babamoha(m): 10:06am On Jan 21
Religion is another form of slavery.

1 Like

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Jan 21
pek:
You are already fighting

Really?!! But, there is nothing to fight about... Absolutely nothing. cool
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:08am On Jan 21
Angelfrost:

I totally agree there... They should have kept it simple by using "less privileged people" or just "people".

Choice of words truly matters in these sensitive times.

Exactly sir. Especially when it's coming from such a respected clergy like him in these hard times.
I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from.

1 Like

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by casualobserver: 10:08am On Jan 21
God1000:
He should encourage people to work hard and stop deceiving people.

Some of them will face the full wrath of God soon.

I don't blame our pastors Sha, they understand our people very well and know what they want to hear.

Jesus Christ came to save man from our sins. Jesus did not come to give money, husband, children, jobs etc. To acheive any of those things you have to work. The Bible says by the sweat of your brow you shall eat.

These charlatan pastors prey on the gullibility of Africans and the fact that we don’t like to engage our brains. We do not like to read. Read the Bible yourself! Instead most focus on verses from the Bible that the pastors use to manipulate them.

The redeemed Christian church and all these other Pentecostal churches have done a lot of damage to Nigerian psyche.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Sprints3: 10:08am On Jan 21
BigBlackPreek:
Trust Nigerians they will come really hard on this prophecy. Adeboye a respected man of God but there are things that shouldn't be said on the pulpit as a man of God .he could have prayed for increase but not saying "Your colleagues will come to you for food by this time next year "
verydarkman don open thread for Adeboye head... That VDM guy no get I swear...
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by yemmit90: 10:11am On Jan 21
BigBlackPreek:
Trust Nigerians they will come really hard on this prophecy. Adeboye a respected man of God but there are things that shouldn't be said on the pulpit as a man of God .he could have prayed for increase but not saying "Your colleagues will come to you for food by this time next year "

This is the major problem of black race. It is a tradition that will make Africa remain underdeveloped till the rest of time. Everyone want to be king for others to follow or beg for crumbs from. In an attempt to achieve this egoistic desire, they becomes greedy, wicked, menace to those around them and the society at large.

Instead of him to pray for everyone to be self sufficient, he was busy praying for some to be rich and others to be begging them for foods. He forgot there were somebody colleagues in that congregation too. Can any society develop or move forward with this kind of mentality?

1 Like

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Angelfrost(m): 10:12am On Jan 21
chronique:

You are the one being childish here. I'm a Christian and can tell you clearly that that prayer is more of a witchcraft induced kind of prayer. Yes, the man might not mean it exactly how he has put it but generally, it isn't a good prayer. Why can't we pray that we all will succeed together at the same time? Why do we have to pray for our colleagues to come and beg us for food? It's my prayer that me and my entire household and my colleagues, all prosper simultaneously. None of them should come and beg me for bread. Let God bless us together as we grow up. I don't want to be the rich one in the midst of poverty. I'd rather we all be rich at the same time so we don't have to envy one another.

We have been praying for the whole world to be at peace since we were born...! But, some nations remain more peaceful than others.

We have been praying for the success of everyone in a family...! But, it most times takes the success of one of two to rub off on others.

News Flash... God has dished out success routes to every man on Earth... But, will everyone find it?!! Will everyone follow these universal principles and succeed?!!

Reality Check!
There will always be those wealthy, and those struggling, irrespective of how generally we pray.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Okoroawusa: 10:12am On Jan 21
lilytender:

No loud am. No be everything person dey talk. There is still dry land between Egypt and Israel till date. I still wonder why the Egyptian solders couldn't pass there instead of perishing in the Red Sea.
Na true o! I never reason am until now wey you talk am. And now when you look at the map of where Red Sea dey e no make sense say the children of Israel needed to pass that route out of Egypt at all...
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by chronique(m): 10:13am On Jan 21
coputa:
You are not a christian,if you are then you should know where God demote and promotes men in the bible.In life, some people sell their properties while others buy them everything has its time and season.Everybody cannot prosper or go down at the same time.

I put it to you that you are a witch/wizard. You are only using Christianity to cover up but your heart is a sepulcher of wickedness. Yes, everyone cannot be rich at the same time and only God determines who he lifts up. But intentionally praying for people to come and beg you for food shows you are filled with the spirit of witchcraft. You need to go for deliverance.

3 Likes

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by OyinO: 10:13am On Jan 21
The brainwashed and gullible fellowsheeps can swallow anything from this wealthy religious con-men. Nigerian Christians are the worst in the world.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by 76RebelMoney(m): 10:13am On Jan 21
jojothaiv:

Equally lonely down there, some will still desert you if they discovered you're from the trenches. As you rightly said, networking and community building is what makes the family win.

How does one network?
Teach me.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by RushManni: 10:15am On Jan 21
BigBlackPreek:

At least you understood that the prayer was for increase and not to "curse" the said colleagues to be poorer - they're two different perspectives.

But trust it that if it's from a pastor, everyone go wan go haywire
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 10:18am On Jan 21
This is a wrong prayer point.

It is against the teaching of the Lord that says be your brothers keeper not brothers master.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by chronique(m): 10:18am On Jan 21
Angelfrost:

We have been praying for the whole world to be at peace since we were born...! But, some nations remain more peaceful than others.

We have been praying for the success of everyone in a family...! But, it most times takes the success of one of two to rub off on others.

News Flash... God has dished out success routes to every man on Earth... But, will everyone find it?!! Will everyone follow these universal principles and succeed?!!

Reality Check!
There will always be those wealthy, and those struggling, irrespective of how generally we pray.

You people are not getting it. Everyone cannot be rich at the same time and the Bible clearly tells us the poor will not cease in the land which we all know. But praying that your colleagues come to beg you for food is witchcraft induced. Let God be the one to determine who will come to beg you for food. Don't be the one praying for your colleagues to come beg you for food. Some of you have been praying that prayers for ages and haven't witnessed any significant financial breakthroughs. Some people have been praying that prayer, yet they can't even afford to dash 100k to someone as a gift. You know why? That is a prayer of wickedness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Fryx: 10:18am On Jan 21

1 Like

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by oluebube8q: 10:18am On Jan 21
No be una wey dey go church dem go dey tell all these rubbish?Yeye religious entrepreneurs adding no value to national economyNo be una wey dey go church dem go dey tell all these rubbish?Yeye religious entrepreneurs adding no value to national economy...
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Decarbonisation: 10:20am On Jan 21
Adeboye and nonsensical prophesies + thoughtless directions

Fu...cking fraud parading himself as a man of God.

Mtchewww.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by yemmit90: 10:21am On Jan 21
Negroid001:

If na only one family e dey better for, how the whole country wan progress?

God bless you sir. That is the difference between the Caucasians and Africa. The former want good societies where everyone irrespective of social status will succeed, while the later want only himself and his family to be successful, so that others can beg for crumbs from him.

I don't blame anyone for this, because our ancestors and forefathers has failed us in this aspect. We are all born into this tradition, and I dont think this generation can overcome the manace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by jojothaiv(m): 10:22am On Jan 21
76RebelMoney:

How does one network?
Teach me.
I don't think one can be taught how to network, what I will say is identify opportunities, learn to speak or talk to people of value and when you work for them, do it so well that the recommendations will put your name on the up and up and lastly, do not mingle with friends who are of low mind, they'd drag you to the level find people who will challenge what you're used to, people who will want to grow and do better...

1 Like

Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Theta1: 10:23am On Jan 21
Amen in Jesus name
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 10:24am On Jan 21
Angelfrost:

Reality Check!

What you said is different to what he said.

In his case, one should pray they all succeed, who succeeds now depends on God.

In your own case, you are saying everyone can't all be rich/wealthy.

In the pastor's case, he is praying for one to be rich and the other to remain the way they are or poor.
Which makes it wrong anyhow you wants to look at it.
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Lifeinlight: 10:25am On Jan 21
fareed69:
In as much as I respect Baba Adeboye, I am against this.
If he's praying for his congregation to prosper in life he shouldn't pray for downfall of someone else for his congregation to believe in him.
He's not God everyone has his own destiny if they have been destined to make it in life nothing can change it.
What of if the person that he's praying for there downfall is a Christian and I believe the person will have someone who attend Redeem either as a friend or as a co-worker has it not affected a member of his congregation.
God is God, such prayers are uncalled for.
There's nothing like Destiny. Your destiny is right in your hands. It is left to you to decide your destiny. There's nothing like someone has been destined to be rich, poor, beautiful, ugly, bla bla bla
Re: "Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage by Bostin(m): 10:25am On Jan 21
alpharoyalty:
I hate it when every preaching is all about divine prosperity, food and uncommon wealth.
What happened to living like Jesus Christ
It won't sell

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / Pastor Jimmy Odukoya's Wife, Kemi Banjoko Shares Photo Of Him Backing Daughter / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.