Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election (20494 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / "I Didn't Win Obaseki": Kabaka Kneels, Asks Gov. Obaseki To Forgive Him (Video) / Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by bigiyaro(m): 11:34am On Jan 21
Shut da fvck up. It's barbarians like you that fought GEJ, that has dragged down the country to this abysmally low level, where adults kill kids because of money.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Wiseman2y(m): 11:35am On Jan 21
You are not a saint either. Let us hear word coz ur reputation is now built on empty propaganda.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by InvertedHammer: 11:35am On Jan 21
/
Bullies are weak-minded fellas who can't take what they give. Social media never forgets. I am sure on perusal one can come up with information on times when Soyinka had insulted people that disagreed with him one way or the other. Social media has given voices to those who'd otherwise be unheard. Perhaps he should understand that nobody has monopoly of intelligence. There is still "sense" in nonsense. In this era, verbose in English expression does not count as intelligence anymore as in the era of Zik, Awolowo and Soyinka. English is just a language. He is still living in his past.

/
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Decarbonisation: 11:38am On Jan 21
aswani:

So who won the elections?
What proof has that person got that they defeated President Tinubu?
When are they going to take that proof to an election tribunal and/or the Supreme Court?

There is overwhelming evidence pointing to the fact that Tinubu DID not win the elections.

It is a bit stupi...d of you to talk about taking proof to a compromised and fraudulent judiciary

Your mentor is an election thief, a corrupt and fraudulent vagabond, and you are a brainless as..shole for insinuating that Tinubu won the elections.

Now get fu..cking lost!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by adolfHitler1934: 11:39am On Jan 21
You have become one of the most hated man in Nigeria today, not for any other reason than your involvement in politics. Even your ardent followers and cultists just don't like the way you talk. Keep quiet for once, or take an appointment in your brother's government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 11:40am On Jan 21
JASONjnr:

He can't..... His hatred for Peter Obi is very glaring.

Asked Elrufai why he's against Peter Obi and he will tell you that Obi locked him up during his time as a governor.

Ask Soyinka the same question and he will be so confused but because he's loving the attention given to him for spilling hatred.

It's so embarrassing that grey hair doesn't really translate to wisdom.

Is what Mr. Soyinka said, not true? Hate him or like him, he made a valid point.

Why do you guys also hate Tinubu so much?.....

Peter Obi is a confused politician, who doesn't have a clue about Nigerian politics, despite being a former governor. Governor Soludo said, stop playing Nzogbu Nzogbu politics, I quite agreed with him...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by plessis: 11:42am On Jan 21
Foolish old man.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Decarbonisation: 11:42am On Jan 21
InvertedHammer:
/
Bullies are weak-minded fellas who can't take what they give. Social media never forgets. I am sure on perusal one can come up with information on times when Soyinka had insulted people that disagreed with him one way or the other. Social media has given voices to those who'd otherwise be unheard. Perhaps he should understand that nobody has monopoly of intelligence. There is still "sense" in nonsense. In this era, verbose in English expression does not count as intelligence anymore as in the era of Zik, Awolowo and Soyinka. English is just a language. He is still living in his past.

/

God bless you.

Intellectualism is not belief or any form of conviction, but an ability to auction any thought capable of earning a buck to the highest bidder

Wole Soyinka is a one of the many frauds that litter our intellectual class and historically many of them have always been in bed with tyrants

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 11:43am On Jan 21
Odin13:
Soyinka is a core tribalist .. foolish barbarian

How is he a tribalist? Because he didn't support your Bitters Obi?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Anatolia: 11:44am On Jan 21
If Soyinka was my grandfather, I will be ashamed of him because the man is experiencing hallucinations. The old man cannot see the suffering of Nigerians. People were drinking spilled drinks from a tanker, he did not say anything. Bomb blast happened, he did not say anything. The only thing this Prof. knows is how to teach English literature. His so called intellect is beclouded by ethnic bigotry which he is trying to deny. The barbarian professor is accusing others of barbarism.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Arabaincubus: 11:47am On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Elections have come and gone and all the court cases have been settled as well.

I've never seen this side of him before, he's too political now

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

He is a bigot - pure and simple. He has held on to this subject that one cannot escape asking: what exactly is bogging him? He simply feels defeated in whatever contest he has indulged in that he can't let go.
Something is seriously amiss with the professor.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by kingxsamz(m): 11:48am On Jan 21
Lol, hypocrite.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Machinegun91(m): 11:49am On Jan 21
He has been hypnotized

Fear Apc

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 11:50am On Jan 21
Chinedumejoooo:
.... with due respect,this man has lose it

RIP English
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 11:52am On Jan 21
NinjaMetahuman:
You are right as always.

Children of hate who lack home training and parental figure In their lives now have access to Internet to dish out their frustrations.

I am telling you. They are lots of ill-bred children using social media.....you now see why Desmond Elliot called them children....

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aswani(m): 11:54am On Jan 21
Decarbonisation:

There is overwhelming evidence pointing to the fact that Tinubu DID not win the elections.

It is a bit stupi...d of you to talk about taking proof to a compromised and fraudulent judiciary

Your mentor is an election thief, a corrupt and fraudulent vagabond, and you are a brainless as..shole for insinuating that Tinubu won the elections.

Now get fu..cking lost!

I'll try and take it one by one, please bear with me.

Where is the overwhelming evidence, as its so overwhelming it must be easy to bring out and explain to people, right?

Where is the proof of a compromised and fraudulent judiciary, a Judiciary that Peter Obi ran to at various times and won, a Judiciary that still rejects APC petitions and overturns APC election victories from the last elections. Who then compromised them?

How is President Tinubu my mentor, I have never voted for him once and doubt I ever will?

Why the needless abuse on my person just for asking for proof that President Tinubu did not win the election?

I am unable to get lost especially as long as you and your likes are making needless and baseless accusations on Nairaland simply because Peter Obi came a very respectable third place.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 11:54am On Jan 21
VaginaAcademic:
Soyinka wey start cultism with so much violence and bloodshed dey open mouth dey yarn rubbish educated old fool

Go and read about the fraternity he founded and why?
Another ill-bred child spotted.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by chidiokay: 11:56am On Jan 21
God1000:
I respect Mr Soyinka a lot but he needs to detach himself from this APC government.

Elections have come and gone and all the court cases have been settled as well.

I've never seen this side of him before, he's too political now

Nlfpmod this account Cooldowntemper keeps stalking me everywhere and breaking the rules of this platform.

At which gathering or moment did he attach himself to Apc, which yeye side you dey see abi your eye dey decieve you

his only offence is becos he refused to be bullied into campaign & endorsing Peter Obi/ E luu pee
From the day soyinka cautioned Obedient from there barbarism mentality they have done everything to discredit him cheesy

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Anatolia: 11:57am On Jan 21
Alexis11:

Fergie001 Seun Dominique Mynd44 Mukina2 nlfpmod

I have a good question for you all, why are you always quick to delete any insulting comment on Obi and sometimes even ban the commenter but you always allow every toxic comment about Wole Soyinka, Baba Adeboye, Tinubu etc including many false narratives about them.

I am not telling you to regulate the attack on these guys (Soyinka et al) but I just want to understand why Obi is being protected on this platform.

What makes this Obi so special??

Did you see obi insulting or making outrageous statements? The man is doing his own thing. Soyinka is making provocative statements, Tinubu is our president but his economic policies are inflicting untold hardship on the people. The other one, I reserve my comment.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by dettolgel: 12:00pm On Jan 21
LibertyRep:
Granted that social media has been infiltrated by mongrels who flaunt ethnic supremacist agenda, we shouldn't forget so easily that even without social media, political differences have always lead to crisis and violence even during the time of the Prof?

We once had politically motivated wet e in the west and it wasn't caused by social media.

Do we need to regulate the irresponsible use of the social media? I think YES without necessarily gagging the media. .

The prof is just playing with words, your assessment is unbiased and logical.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aestake: 12:05pm On Jan 21
datola:

Who is a fool between you and one of the world's greatest intellectual intellectuals

You are a good example of the barbarian he talked about!
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sccarrr: 12:06pm On Jan 21
Jovi10:

You're just validating the fact I'm making in that the country is in shambles, which is why we are speaking up ,unlike you who choose to support those who are causing the suffering of Nigerians and not honest enough to say the truth.

From your post, it shows you are one of those greedy individual who would prefer to see others suffering as long as you're OK financially.

Someday I hope you find your humanity and be a lover or wisher of good for everyone and not yourself alone.
not surprised,like Obi like followers... manipulators,liars... everything you mentioned are typical obedients behavior,last time I checked,na u ppl dey go about mocking ppl online calling everyone that needs help Apc😂, it's all littered over the internet.

Also what would your oga Obi have done differently abeg?
I'm sure deep down the clueless man is very happy he lost the election,he for don cast finally as the monumental failure he was as a governor in Anambra. Yeye ppl
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Sleekfingers: 12:06pm On Jan 21
aremubabs:

You are the only one seeing Soyinka's hatred for Peter Obi.

Why would Soyinka even hate Obi?

I don't like calling out tribes, but I don't know why many of you Igbos have this persecution complex, always believing that people hate you.

I don't seem to understand too. They are always playing the victim cards.
Look at the demolition in Lagos, they said, Sanwo Olu was targeting them.
Because Peter obi didnt win in the last election, they started attacking the Yoruba, calling us all sorta names.
But over 95% of igbo voted for Peter Obi because he is Igbo.....

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by plessis: 12:08pm On Jan 21
InvertedHammer:
/

/
He's still living in the past. These old people are too rigid and closed minded and never move with the world and it's present ideologies.

Because you speak English well, we should all bow to you. 🤡

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:09pm On Jan 21
Sleekfingers:

RIP English

Is English your mother language? inferiority complex has damaged your life. I spit on useless head
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:11pm On Jan 21
Sleekfingers:

Go and read about the fraternity he founded and why?
Another ill-bred child spotted.

Soyinka brought cultism to Nigeria, don’t ever try to change the truth
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by aswani(m): 12:12pm On Jan 21
adolfHitler1934:
You have become one of the most hated man in Nigeria today... .

That is an apt statement to direct at Peter Obi for the ethnically and religiously tinged divisive campaign he ran.

It shows as a country we have a fair way to go when someone like Peter Obi, running on the basis he did as described above, could actually end up as third place.

To add to that, he went to an election tribunal and The Supreme court with boxes full of blurred paper and expected his third place to somehow be overturned on that basis.

Thankfully, his followers abusive and hate filled behaviour on social media has ensured his polical career is totally dead.

All the Charlatan Peter Obi is left with now is to stand on the sidelines shouting and screeching whilst being sensibly ignored by those in Power.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Saltinny: 12:13pm On Jan 21
plessis:

He's still living in the past. These old people are too rigid and closed minded and never move with the world and it's present ideologies.

Because you speak English well, we should all bow to you. 🤡

I used to admire this man in the past but never again, the last election really exposed a lot things about Nigeria as a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Splashme: 12:13pm On Jan 21
aremubabs:

Which Igbos don't do beggi beggi?

Many social media beggars are Igbos, both male and female.

You will find them on every social media platform, from Facebook to X (formerly Twitter).

Most of those social media beggers are scams and not associated with any ethnic group.
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Faposky95: 12:15pm On Jan 21
When people fought for the demolition of the Berlin wall.......
.....like all other democratic battles across the globe......
It was intended for the youth so a new growth would come on.
Paps and grandpaps fought so the youth would flow ...
Here, they think because of being in some corridors, it gives them the right to talk every where they go......over the future generations.

Soyinka and co.....please take your moral talk and shove it.
Your time is done.....
Let the new generation find it's way.....
Come to think of it, yu guys are lucky it's not done like in the olden days .......
....take them out of the scene.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by mightyhaze: 12:15pm On Jan 21
Dagger111:

Ethnophile.
He's ethnophilic

He's an ethnophile
Re: Soyinka: People Are So Power-Driven, Can't Accept They Didn't Win An Election by Faposky95: 12:17pm On Jan 21
aswani:

I'll try and take it one by one, please bear with me.

Where is the overwhelming evidence, as its so overwhelming it must be easy to bring out and explain to people, right?

Where is the proof of a compromised and fraudulent judiciary, a Judiciary that Peter Obi ran to at various times and won, a Judiciary that still rejects APC petitions and overturns APC election victories from the last elections. Who then compromised them?

How is President Tinubu my mentor, I have never voted for him once and doubt I ever will?

Why the needless abuse on my person just for asking for proof that President Tinubu did not win the election?

I am unable to get lost especially as long as you and your likes are making needless and baseless accusations on Nairaland simply because Peter Obi came a very respectable third place.

Yu may not get a like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: ‘Buhari Should Go Home And Rest’ - Dogowa / PDP Zones National Chair’s Slot To South-West, North Gets Secretary / David Greene Visits Kashim Shettima (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.